Author Topic: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy [ALL SHIPPED >> REFUND ISSUE]  (Read 1186913 times)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
i am going to pull out my order guys. i have bought the massdrop ones (green on white) to check out the profile and the overall quality and sadly, i don't like it.

GhostofHarry, YGPM

What exactly you don't like? The profile and/or the overall quality? Injection job maybe? Something else?
I have the black(2) and red ones from Elton GB and they are quite nice (crisp, no defects), especially for the price (and I'm NOT into OEM-ABS).
Not perfect, just very good. I've bought way crappier caps for more money.
IMO they're well worth the money.

Yeah, I don't like OEM profile either but for these prices you can't go wrong.

The quality of the sets from Elton's GB was pretty good in my opinion. Same thickness as SP's DCS keys.

Offline skuko

i am going to pull out my order guys. i have bought the massdrop ones (green on white) to check out the profile and the overall quality and sadly, i don't like it.

GhostofHarry, YGPM

What exactly you don't like? The profile and/or the overall quality? Injection job maybe? Something else?
I have the black(2) and red ones from Elton GB and they are quite nice (crisp, no defects), especially for the price (and I'm NOT into OEM-ABS).
Not perfect, just very good. I've bought way crappier caps for more money.
IMO they're well worth the money.

nah, the profile is fine, as a matter of fact, i still use the default caps on my filco at work. i just don't prefer it, don't really need those sets, etc etc.

the keys are fine, i just prefer either DSA or cherry profile (got some thick PBT at home, they feel much better to type on).

and i'm going to buy the GMK dolch, even though i am a bit hesitant, because i don't know how thick the GMK ABS is compared to thick PBT (i think it's imsto i have, not sure).

« Last Edit: Tue, 10 June 2014, 06:54:02 by skuko »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.

GhostofHarry, YGPM

What did you dislike. Please elaborate on it.

Offline GhostofHarry

GhostofHarry, YGPM

ok

i will cancel it

im confident that this set of keycap suits its price but if its the problem of trying to get better quality keycaps that taihao may not be ur go

i understand :thumb:

Offline skuko

GhostofHarry, YGPM

What did you dislike. Please elaborate on it.

i think it's a poor choice of words on my part. it's not as much dislike, it's more of a "not interested anymore". it's just your ordinary OEM thin ABS caps. don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with them, especially for that price. it's just that i'm not interested anymore :)

i have a cherry profile PBT set, couple of DSA sets, a couple of SA sets, basically trying out stuff.

oem profile-wise, i've tried the massdrop set and while the quality and profile are ok, i prefer different, that's all :)

Offline vaporishfox

ordered a granite set and an olivette set! this is the first group buy i've participated in so i'll be really excited if it reaches the second tier :)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Please cancel my order. I would not have any use for keycaps with OEM profile, sorry.

Offline heyitsrevil

How do I pay you?

Offline feizor

How do I pay you?

Harry will be sending out paypal invoices after the GB closes on 30 June.

Offline vinzlr

Sorry I want to get in on this group buy but im a little confused about how add-on pack tiers work. Currently only 107 dolch add-ons have been ordered, but about 200 total add ons packs have been ordered. If I want a dolch add on pack, am I paying for the 100-tier or the 200-tier?

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
Sorry I want to get in on this group buy but im a little confused about how add-on pack tiers work. Currently only 107 dolch add-ons have been ordered, but about 200 total add ons packs have been ordered. If I want a dolch add on pack, am I paying for the 100-tier or the 200-tier?

I have no idea where you pulled those numbers from, but to answer your question each color has its own MOQ.

The order confirmation link at the bottom of the first post shows order numbers by the way.

Edit : I see you got those numbers from the pic on the OP. Those numbers are not up to date. Click on the order confirmation link to see real time orders
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 June 2014, 20:12:32 by whiskytango »
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Offline kohi

just wondering, will these bleed light through on a backlit keyboard? or will the light just show through between the keys?

Offline Hak Foo

• Make America Clicky Again!
A lot of it is the colour combination in play.

I have a bunch of Signature Plastics crap-bags DSA caps on my only backlit board... the red LEDs are very noticable on the red keys, a little on white and grey, and virtually un-noticable on the plum, green, and chocolate doubleshots.
Overton130, Box Pale Blues.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
just wondering, will these bleed light through on a backlit keyboard? or will the light just show through between the keys?

With the double-shotting (talking about the first Tai Hao round) there is not much light that gets through the top of the keycaps.

Although if your backlighting is blindingly bright you will probably get a glow still visible.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kohi

oh yeah, and are these more OEM profile...or closer to SP profile o:

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
As stated in the OP these keys are OEM profile :)

Keycap Manufacturer        : Taihao Taiwan
Keycap Material               : ABS
Keycap Printing Method    : Double Shot Injection
Keycap Profile                 : OEM Profile

Offline kohi

As stated in the OP these keys are OEM profile :)

ahh, must've missed it. thanks! :thumb:

Offline torafuma

My first post on this site, and its for a GB!  ;D    (been lurking for some time now, though.)

Can't wait! Been wanting a Dolch set for some time now.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
My first post on this site, and its for a GB!  ;D    (been lurking for some time now, though.)

Can't wait! Been wanting a Dolch set for some time now.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yay, and welcome!

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
Originative finally came through on my 4 month old order. Out of no where!!

I still don't know if I can trust them again. I'm conflicted. :/
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 June 2014, 13:24:32 by Latin00032 »

Offline quake4mhg

4 months shipping? need more details please..

Offline cub-uanic

Question to topic starter.

What about to Ergodox sets, like in this topic?
http://deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/granite-set-100-pbt-dye-sub-dsa-t7697.html

I'm interested in any option, whether Ergodoxian or Half-Ergodox Blank.

If not, then please update first post with current status of Add-On Pack's, so I can select cheapest one.

Thanks!

ErgoDox Classic - Stock Clears
Teenesis - Kinesis Advantage powered by Teensy

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Question to topic starter.

What about to Ergodox sets, like in this topic?
http://deskthority.net/group-buys-f50/granite-set-100-pbt-dye-sub-dsa-t7697.html

I'm interested in any option, whether Ergodoxian or Half-Ergodox Blank.

If not, then please update first post with current status of Add-On Pack's, so I can select cheapest one.

Thanks!

TaiHao doesn't have all the molds needed for Ergodox. Besides that I highly doubt that an Ergodox Kit could reach MOQ.

If you check the order form link in the OP you can see the current order counts.

Offline cub-uanic

TaiHao doesn't have all the molds needed for Ergodox. Besides that I highly doubt that an Ergodox Kit could reach MOQ.
Don't think that any special molds are really needed.
As for me, I will be just happy to exchange 1x7 spacebar and ISO Enter with 4x1.5 blanks.
Any chance to get such option?...

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Hmm, I don't think you can use those mods vertically. I mean it's possible with the DSA profile because it's flat, but with OEM you have a certain angle on the keys.

Offline cub-uanic

Guys, just 9 left to get next tier price for Dolch Add-On Pack!
I'm ready to get 2 more when we'll get 198 - so really only 7 need to be bought :)

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
I'm ready to get 2 more when we'll get 198 - so really only 7 need to be bought :)

If at the end Olivette and/or granite don't make it, I'll be changing my order to some more dolch and addons for dolch, so that may be another 2 right there ;D

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
Originative finally came through on my 4 month old order. Out of no where!!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

I still don't know if I can trust them again. I'm conflicted. :/

SO. EFFIN. JEALOUS.

>:D

Offline Limewirelord

So... how do we back out of the group buy?  I've decided I'd rather just put my money towards a GMK Dolch set instead of some lower quality Dolch and Olivettes.

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
So... how do we back out of the group buy?  I've decided I'd rather just put my money towards a GMK Dolch set instead of some lower quality Dolch and Olivettes.

Just send OP a PM.

I'd still say participate in both GBs because you can never have to many keycaps! That's what I do ;)

Offline feizor

If at the end Olivette and/or granite don't make it, I'll be changing my order to some more dolch and addons for dolch, so that may be another 2 right there ;D

I am also thinking the same. But Olivette is so nice  :'(

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict

I am also thinking the same. But Olivette is so nice  :'(

A agree, I love the Olivette (a lot more than this Dolch) and if we can't order it on this group buy I'll have to see about getting it elsewhere (as long as I can still get the ISO pack here)

Offline combataran

@Ghostofharry Can you remove both of my orders? I'd like to put in a new one. Thanks.
Cherry G80-1000HFD | CM Storm Spawn | Keypuller.com - Key Caps News & Database

Offline wilsongunawan

when will azure set open for order?
Currrent : Siig minitouch <blue monterrey alps>, kbt-RACE <cherry mx-red> with green LED, Filco MJ2 <cherry mx-ergoClear>, IBM model M

Offline acalora

If we choose to add azure or purple later do we have to edit our order or can we just make a new one with everything in it?

Offline wilsongunawan

Yeah, I'm currently waiting for azure to unlock so that I can put my order together
Currrent : Siig minitouch <blue monterrey alps>, kbt-RACE <cherry mx-red> with green LED, Filco MJ2 <cherry mx-ergoClear>, IBM model M

Offline acalora

Alright Ghostofharry, can you delete my previous order please? I originally wanted dolch, but now I just want Olivette and purple, but I made a new order for Olivette just now.

Offline GhostofHarry

As its coming close to the end of June,
and it doesnt seems that the MOQ of the sets except Dolch ANSI will be met

Im thinking that i have a very high chance to have to further condense the order to dolch only
or otherwise, this GB will have to be opened for a very long time to meet the MOQ

Offline wthefourth

Put in for Dolch and Dolch Addon pack!  :thumb:

Offline jil_jil32

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Tokyo Press <3

Im thinking that i have a very high chance to have to further condense the order to dolch only
or otherwise, this GB will have to be opened for a very long time to meet the MOQ

In my opinion, you might let Taihao know the quantity of the Granite and Olivette sets we've gathered so far. ~400 sets and 200 addons are not small numbers...

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins

In my opinion, you might let Taihao know the quantity of the Granite and Olivette sets we've gathered so far. ~400 sets and 200 addons are not small numbers...
For real. 

Also, hasn't the add-on pack for Dolch also hit MOQ?  If not, then I feel like a lot of people will drop out of the ANSI pack, since it will no longer be compatible.

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline GhostofHarry

yea

at the same time im gonna tell taihao about the difficulties of this purchase

but as taihao has already lower the MOQ of add-on packs from 500 to 300
i think it will not likely be the case that they will lower the MOQ for us again

anyways
thats just the way i think i would handle this

or you guys wouldnt mind to wait for a longer period of time?
like 2-3 months more?

originally, I did this becuz there are little way for keyboard enthusiast from the west to get taihao keycaps
but now, as massdrop is starting to sell taihao keycaps
i believe there will be more and more colour to be sold in the future (im pretty sure some of the massdrop staff are member of GH too  :p)
if we are trying to extend this GB for 3 months or more         i can foresee that more and more problems will be appearing,   like ppl jumping off due to new GB or so
and its not really good to let u guys wait so long for a GB...

this is my approach to the method i have stated above
I am telling you guys about this to see what u guys think
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 June 2014, 14:35:50 by GhostofHarry »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
If you extend the ordering phase of this GB, you'll get a few people dropping out.  You just have to hope that enough new people come in to make up the difference and more.

I won't comment on whether to drop the non-Dolch colours as I only ordered Dolch.

It's a shame really, considering how many orders each colour of the original Tai Hao GB got.  I'm wondering whether people have seen the keycaps and were less impressed, hence did not order this time.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder

if we are trying to extend this GB for 3 months or more         i can foresee that more and more problems will be appearing,   like ppl jumping off due to new GB or so

I wouldn't mind waiting because I am abroad for a couple of months anyway, but this is exactly what will happen if this GB goes on for too long.

So just do the Dolch Set + Addon and start Azure  :thumb:

Offline Gingerbeer

I'm new to group buys, so I don't know if this kind of thing is to be expected. 

Given the choice, I'd switch from Granite to Dolch rather than wait several months.

Offline Blackehart

• Booty Aficionado Extraordinaire
added another dolch set..

stupid fc660ma dn its weird shift keys

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back

Don't think this addon set covers the fc660m shift, but the ODD pack at Ivan's GMK Dolch group buy may. Check that one out if you're interested.

Offline Harrowed

• My wallet has been hacked
Another couple months? I don't know, the order rate is already getting real slow. Ask TaiHao's opinion and then make a decision that you think will work out.

Ergodox MX Blues | Rosewill RK-9000

Offline feizor

Don't think this addon set covers the fc660m shift, but the ODD pack at Ivan's GMK Dolch group buy may. Check that one out if you're interested.

I think he ordered another base set and will use both left shifts

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back

I think he ordered another base set and will use both left shifts

Oh. I didn't realize fc660m's right shift was the same length as a left shift doh!