Author Topic: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy [ALL SHIPPED >> REFUND ISSUE]  (Read 1186961 times)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
added another dolch set..

stupid fc660ma dn its weird shift keys

Don't think this addon set covers the fc660m shift, but the ODD pack at Ivan's GMK Dolch group buy may. Check that one out if you're interested.

I think he ordered another base set and will use both left shifts

Oh. I didn't realize fc660m's right shift was the same length as a left shift doh!

Yes, the shift keys are the same, but the spacebar is still retarded and incompatible to anything...

Offline iloveucla

For the total price example:

($14 + $(4.5 - 13.5) + $5 + $1.5 + $3) * 104.4% + 0.3

I know I am stupid, I read the price as $14 plus  $(4.5 minus 13.5)

and finally I know how to do this pricing....

btw, is the order summary on google doc is real time or updated enough? I am going to place the order soon, but just want to make sure the tier price to decide how many add-on pack I am going to order.
« Last Edit: Sat, 21 June 2014, 21:21:43 by iloveucla »

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
It's updated in realtime as far as I know.

Offline sonic_the_hedgehog

• That's a fast hedgehog...
I reckon send the numbers to Tai Hao and see what they say.

Personally, I'm far less keen on the dolch than the other two, I just ordered one of each plus one add on pack for each for the sake of it. If this goes to dolch only, I'm still only going to be in for one dolch set lol
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
oops completely forgot about this... and I still haven't picked up my original Tai Hao order either haha
I love Elzy

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
oops completely forgot about this... and I still haven't picked up my original Tai Hao order either haha

dibs

Offline Canis-X

So, is it looking like the Granite keyset that I ordered is not going to go through?  Just curious, if it is not going to go through does anyone know who else is selling this keyset (or similar quality/color)?
CHEERS!!!!

Offline kakakowie

• Make Love not War
So, is it looking like the Granite keyset that I ordered is not going to go through?  Just curious, if it is not going to go through does anyone know who else is selling this keyset (or similar quality/color)?

You can get them off taobao, not sure what other sites have them - but they probably don't come with add-on packs for different key layouts.

Offline GhostofHarry

What about placing order for dolch first
Both ANSI and add on

as we'd have to wait til 2046 for Olivette and Granite to meet their MOQ

down side is that shipping cost will rise
but we dont have to wait for so long

*trying to figure out ways to ease this pain in the a_ _
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 June 2014, 13:11:05 by GhostofHarry »

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
I'm confused. If we don't make MOQ by June 30, we won't get to order from stage 2?

I only want something from stage 2... sorry if this has been answered.

Offline GhostofHarry

I'm confused. If we don't make MOQ by June 30, we won't get to order from stage 2?

I only want something from stage 2... sorry if this has been answered.

sadly, we are still in stage 1

Offline geniekid

Both ANSI and add on

I like this idea.

Offline iloveucla

If you are using HK post, you can switch from by air to surface, you will save more on shipping, downside is shipping from HK to US add 2 more months

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
Both ANSI and add on

I could be down with this idea. However, what happened to the "when in stock" MOQ of 100? Could we not at least order the base sets of the other colors if they have that much in stock?
I stay busy with work and family these days, but I'm still around, lurking.

Both ANSI and add on

I could be down with this idea. However, what happened to the "when in stock" MOQ of 100? Could we not at least order the base sets of the other colors if they have that much in stock?

I agree with this. See where Tai Hao are at with it all first, and go from there. They may have all 3 in stock, so we can order those based on our current order quantities, then worry about hitting moq for the other granite and olivetti add-on packs.
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)

Offline GhostofHarry

Both ANSI and add on

I agree with this. See where Tai Hao are at with it all first, and go from there. They may have all 3 in stock, so we can order those based on our current order quantities, then worry about hitting moq for the other granite and olivetti add-on packs.

this may solve the problem if we are only ordering ANSI
but as we also have add-on pack, and it has a fixed MOQ of 300

we can't just order the ANSI and leave the add on alone rite...
as many ppl orders ANSI along with a set of add-on
without add-on, the set of ANSI may not be as useful as they were

so even though the ANSI set has met the 100 MOQ, i think this is not possible

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim
Both ANSI and add on

this may solve the problem if we are only ordering ANSI
but as we also have add-on pack, and it has a fixed MOQ of 300

we can't just order the ANSI and leave the add on alone rite...
as many ppl orders ANSI along with a set of add-on
without add-on, the set of ANSI may not be as useful as they were

so even though the ANSI set has met the 100 MOQ, i think this is not possible

Yeah, but if you look at the numbers and assume that everyone who ordered the add-ons will drop their base order if add-ons don't make MOQ, you still have over 100 orders for granite and almost 100 orders for olivetti. And I doubt that everyone will drop if they can't get the add-ons fo those colors. I know I for one won't.

You could give people the option to drop their base orders if add-ons are not offered. If you have at least 100 left for each base set after that, we can still order them if in stock, right? You're assuming that everyone will drop their base orders, and that might not be the case.

Offline GhostofHarry

Yeah, but if you look at the numbers and assume that everyone who ordered the add-ons will drop their base order if add-ons don't make MOQ, you still have over 100 orders for granite and almost 100 orders for olivetti. And I doubt that everyone will drop if they can't get the add-ons fo those colors. I know I for one won't.

You could give people the option to drop their base orders if add-ons are not offered. If you have at least 100 left for each base set after that, we can still order them if in stock, right? You're assuming that everyone will drop their base orders, and that might not be the case.

i see your point

u r rite, this would work

Offline swornxin

• Nailed Down Custom Pins
If this is happening, I may switch one of my Dolch sets to Olivetti. Is this okay Harry?

Octagon - 62g Cherry tactile greys
Phantom - 65g Cherry tactile greys
FC660M - Cherry blues
KC60 - Gateron browns

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
I thought that for the add-ons we were doing tiers like you said in the first post and was then talked about again later on?

Price In Tier (Each colour has their own price tier!):
Tier 1 : When order reaches 100  : $13.5
Tier 2 : When order reaches 150  : $9
Tier 3 : When order reaches 200  : $6.8
Tier 4 : When order reaches 250  : $5.4
Tier Ultimate : When order reaches 300 : $4.5

And

Hm, this does make sense, yeah.

So basically for the add-on packs, once we reach 100 orders, everyone gets 3 sets (ergo if we had 108 orders, then it would be 3x108 = 324 actual sets produced)
Then once we get to 150 orders, everyone gets 2 sets (ergo, at 220 orders, it would be 2x220 = 440 actual sets produced)
And so on. This way, we get to reach the MOQ regardless of actual orders, and people just end up getting more keys anyway.

But do we apply this to the base sets as well? Seeing as only the Dolch base set seems to be anywhere near the 300 mark.
As earlier mentioned, if I knew that I was getting multiple add-on packs, I'd probably just get as many base sets to match. Having spares is nice, or I could sell them to my friends instead.

So if they have all the base sets we need stock couldn't we just go ahead and also get the add-ons?

Offline feizor

I thought that for the add-ons we were doing tiers like you said in the first post and was then talked about again later on?

And

So basically for the add-on packs, once we reach 100 orders, everyone gets 3 sets (ergo if we had 108 orders, then it would be 3x108 = 324 actual sets produced)
Then once we get to 150 orders, everyone gets 2 sets (ergo, at 220 orders, it would be 2x220 = 440 actual sets produced)
And so on. This way, we get to reach the MOQ regardless of actual orders, and people just end up getting more keys anyway.

But do we apply this to the base sets as well? Seeing as only the Dolch base set seems to be anywhere near the 300 mark.
As earlier mentioned, if I knew that I was getting multiple add-on packs, I'd probably just get as many base sets to match. Having spares is nice, or I could sell them to my friends instead.

So if they have all the base sets we need stock couldn't we just go ahead and also get the add-ons?

We will have to pay $13.5 for add on packs.

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim

And

I think maybe somewhere along the way, Harry decided this might not be viable and that when it comes down to billing, not everyone will be willing to pay so much for the add ons. And he's probably right.

However, I think that people might be willing to pay $9 for two if we reach the 150 tier

Offline cub-uanic

I did not read entire thread, but this looks like you said about all add-on packs.
As I see, Dolch add-on is close to 200, and it have reach 150 long time ago, so it should be for $9, isn't?
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

ErgoDox Classic - Stock Clears
Teenesis - Kinesis Advantage powered by Teensy

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict

I did not read entire thread, but this looks like you said about all add-on packs.
As I see, Dolch add-on is close to 200, and it have reach 150 long time ago, so it should be for $9, isn't?
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes the Dolch Add-ons are now at the $9 tier, and almost at the $6.80 tier (196 right now)

As for the other two add-ons I'm still down with paying $13.50. Come one people, go and buy single keys from almost anywhere and it will be more expensive than $13.50. WASD sells single blank keys for $1 each, here you'll be getting 14 keys (per add-on set) that will match your ANSI set for $13.50.

Please don't forget that if you get the ANSI base set and the add-ons, that's still only $28.50 for an ABS Doubleshot set that can do ANSI and ISO, what more do people need, and where are you going to find a better deal.

Offline mikochu

I just put my order in for a Dolch set with add-on keys and shipment tracking.  I assume il get a paypal invoice after June 30th...?

Offline Razor Lotus

I just put my order in for a Dolch set with add-on keys and shipment tracking.  I assume il get a paypal invoice after June 30th...?

yup most likely after over deadline is reached he will start invoicing

Offline cub-uanic

yup most likely after over deadline is reached he will start invoicing

How it's "over deadline"?..
See topic subject - "Deadline Extended: 30-6".
@GhostofHarry, please confirm?
I'd like to (and most probably will) increase my order - add two more add-ons, right before deadline.
Hope it's not too late.

Also, I will be more than happy if we'll double count of add-ons for each participant - it will cost same money, but each will get 2x.
@GhostofHarry, what do you think?

Offline iloveucla

If we pay 13.5 on add-on, we should be getting 3 set per $13.5 right?

Offline Razor Lotus

Gosh my own english gave me cancer.

Sorry man was really tired when I was typing that.

I meant that he will most probably start invoice only after the deadline, which is 30-6. It's not past the deadline yet. We still have 4 days left

Offline iloveucla

This is my first GB, so I am still confusing, sorry to bother you guys again, I need some help for the math.

Tier 1 : When order reaches 100  : $13.5   ---- total = 1350
Tier 2 : When order reaches 150  : $9 ----- total = 1350
Tier 3 : When order reaches 200  : $6.8  ------ total = 1360
Tier 4 : When order reaches 250  : $5.4 ------- total = 1350
Tier Ultimate : When order reaches 300 : $4.5 ----- total = 1350

it seems to be the total amount would be $1350 for 300 sets?
if 100 people paid $13.5, then each people should get 3 sets of add-on?
if 150 people paid $9, then each people should get 2 sets of add-on?
if 300 people paid $4.5, then each people should get 1 set of add-on?

so far so good (if my math is correct)
if 200 people paid $6.8, and they are only getting one set (since 300/200=1.5), where will the extra sets go?
Am I doing a wrong calculation?

..... I am so confused  :(

Offline niklfc83

I've put an order in for 1 dolche set and 1 add on. I would prefer the granite caps but I'm not sure if they will be even be made.
There's so much talk of MOQ numbers in this thread I'm not sure if I should order the granite instead. Does anybody know if the granite and add ons will be made?

Thanks
Nik

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
I've put an order in for 1 dolche set and 1 add on. I would prefer the granite caps but I'm not sure if they will be even be made.
There's so much talk of MOQ numbers in this thread I'm not sure if I should order the granite instead. Does anybody know if the granite and add ons will be made?

Thanks
Nik

If you like the Granite better please order it. Personaly I'd rather see the Olivette and Granite sets reach MOQ than the Dolch. There are already tones of Dolch sets out there (from SP and the GMK group buy).
Also Harry said that everyone would have the possibility to change their orders at the end if the one they wanted doesn't reach the MOQ

Offline f4d3

Can you cancel my order?

Offline cub-uanic

I have sent order update request, and when it will be processed we'll break 200 for Dolch Add-on, and so I think we can expect Tier 3 price for it - $6.8  :thumb:
Congrats to everyone!

Offline flako

Just sent in an order for Dolch ANSI + Add-on. This will be my first group buy  :thumb:

Also, I will be more than happy if we'll double count of add-ons for each participant - it will cost same money, but each will get 2x.
@GhostofHarry, what do you think?

Agree - base sets we should be clear if the have stock; hell even if I have to order "2 sets" of add-ons at the highest price tier, if that leaves me with x4 or x6 (if we did 1:3) actual add-on kits, it's still totally worth it  :thumb:

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page

Thanks
Nik

If you like the Granite better please order it. Personaly I'd rather see the Olivette and Granite sets reach MOQ than the Dolch. There are already tones of Dolch sets out there (from SP and the GMK group buy).

I have to agree.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline GhostofHarry

This is my first GB, so I am still confusing, sorry to bother you guys again, I need some help for the math.

if 200 people paid $6.8, and they are only getting one set (since 300/200=1.5), where will the extra sets go?

im sorry

i forgot to update the OP

after asking for suggestion in this thread
i think maintaining the pricing tier of 200 sets and 250 sets would be difficult for me to handle the excessive money

therefore I'd rather have only 3 tiers, 13.5  9  4.5 so everyone who had ordered add-on pack will get what they have paid for

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
Had already ordered 1x Dolch ANSI set plus 1x Dolch add-on pack.
Have just ordered 1x each of the other two ANSI sets, plus 1x each of the other's add-on pack as well.

Worst case I'm up for just under ~$90, I get three different ANSI sets plus three sets of the matching add ons, and perhaps I get more sets or less $.
They show up as two separate orders under my username - hopefully combined in the end and shipped together.

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 June 2014, 19:15:18 by Cods »
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline cub-uanic

im sorry

i think maintaining the pricing tier of 200 sets and 250 sets would be difficult for me to handle the excessive money

therefore I'd rather have only 3 tiers, 13.5  9  4.5 so everyone who had ordered add-on pack will get what they have paid for

Very surprised.
What do you expecting to get from this change?

We just hit 200 sets on Dolch Add-on, and now you are changing rules?..
We count on you, you can't change the rules when there is only two days to finish.

Offline minho

• i'm kind of back
I know we were discussing this earlier in the thread, but I don't think we ever reached a conclusion - if we were hypothetically in tier 1 for add-ons, there would still be 300 add-ons ordered right? (13.5*100 vs 4.5*300). Does that just mean each person would get 3 add-on packs instead?

Offline whiskytango

• Don't touch the trim

im sorry

I agree with Harry here. I think this is the only fair way to do it because it's in multiples of 1, 2, or 3. Otherwise the extra sets cannot be distributed evenly.

Offline chrisq

Next time I suggest you just include the addon packs with the base sets.
If it reaches MOQ it would still be less than $20 for a complete set, which is 1/5 of the price of other base+color sets.
I think that would be much easier to manage.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 June 2014, 03:42:11 by chrisq »

Offline Harrowed

• My wallet has been hacked
If it reaches MOQ it would still be less than $20 for a complete set, which is 1/5 of the price of other base+color sets.
This was discussed in the IC but the ANSI users just weren't ready to pay extra for sake of 'marginal' ISO users. 4$ makes a big percentage in 15$.

Ergodox MX Blues | Rosewill RK-9000

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
It's impossible to make everyone happy... :blank:

Offline GhostofHarry

Very surprised.
What do you expecting to get from this change?

We just hit 200 sets on Dolch Add-on, and now you are changing rules?..
We count on you, you can't change the rules when there is only two days to finish.

thanks for putting your trust on me

i'd like to listen if you have better idea of how we can handle the excessive money

If im gonna change this decision, of course I will let all of you to revise your order

also i will keep tryin to ask taihao to see if they can help with our situation
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 June 2014, 09:50:26 by GhostofHarry »

Offline GhostofHarry

I know we were discussing this earlier in the thread, but I don't think we ever reached a conclusion - if we were hypothetically in tier 1 for add-ons, there would still be 300 add-ons ordered right? (13.5*100 vs 4.5*300). Does that just mean each person would get 3 add-on packs instead?

yes

yes
its an easier way for everyone

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
ordered  :)
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline kle5635

Hey Harry I'd like to add a Dolch set + addon to my order. PMed you a few times but you didn't answer or change my order.

Offline niklfc83

Thanks
Nik

I have to agree.

I've changed my order to Granite  :thumb:.  I didn't realise I would have the option to switch to Dolche if Granite doesn't hit the MOQ.
« Last Edit: Sat, 28 June 2014, 15:25:26 by niklfc83 »