Author Topic: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy [ALL SHIPPED >> REFUND ISSUE]  (Read 1186939 times)

Offline cocothepug

Re: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy [SHIPPING-SUSPENDED]
« Reply #1400 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 22:31:26 »
Hi

Orders will be shipped  as I have said...
I am really sorry for making you all furious.

I am trying my best to send them out as soon as i can,
and as I know i could not satisfy all of you as everyone would like to have theirs ASAP
I am trying to ask my friends to see if they are free to help me with the orders that have messaged me for many many times....

I am usually not free during the office time of the post office.
thats the main reason why this is taking so long..

sorry for the delays and late reply.
but i will send out all the packages for sure

and as I know i could not satisfy all of you as everyone would like to have theirs ASAP

This guy.. acting like our expectations are too high... what the **** is his problem??

Buy a calendar dude... "Everyone wants theirs ASAP" LOL NO ****. You're comin' up on HALF A YEAR later than you claimed.

You could "Satisfy" all of us if you came anywhere NEAR your timeline. Sorry for having such high expectations..
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 February 2015, 22:37:26 by cocothepug »

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
Re: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy [SHIPPING-RESUME]
« Reply #1401 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 22:52:48 »
I am utterly amazed that ANYONE would participate in more than 1 geekhack group buy if this is considered "normal"

I don't give a **** about $25... But being taken by some random on the internet sucks ass... Why do you guys have nothing to say about this dude sitting on $5,000 in YOUR keycaps? (If he even ordered the 2nd half and didn't just pocket the money.. who knows.)

This whole experience has been so WTF for me.... I cant imagine ever wanting to participate in more than 1 group buy.. do you guys just enjoy being **** on by internet randos?

If you think you may find yourself unexpectedly busy for SIX CONSECUTIVE MONTHS AND UNABLE TO COME ANYWHERE NEAR MEETING THE TIMELINE, Don't ****ing commit to running a group buy in the first place? Is that not common sense?

This is my first GB on GH and I was one of the lucky ones who received their keycaps before the winter break. While I definitely feel for those who still have not received their sets, whining and getting worked up about it won't get them shipped any faster.

It seems like some people are treating Harry like this GB is supposed to be his full-time job. Things come up, deadlines were missed, breaks were taken, and communication was a bit sparse. That is frustrating, however it is also his prerogative. This is a volunteer-run GB and Harry is not getting paid for this and is choosing to fulfill orders on his own time. If you guys are this frustrated already, I would not suggest entering any GBs by the folks over at Deskthority. I think the Round 5 Honey Sphericals is still going on 1+ yrs later  :eek:

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline cocothepug

« Reply #1402 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 22:58:35 »
I am utterly amazed that ANYONE would participate in more than 1 geekhack group buy if this is considered "normal"

I don't give a **** about $25... But being taken by some random on the internet sucks ass... Why do you guys have nothing to say about this dude sitting on $5,000 in YOUR keycaps? (If he even ordered the 2nd half and didn't just pocket the money.. who knows.)

This whole experience has been so WTF for me.... I cant imagine ever wanting to participate in more than 1 group buy.. do you guys just enjoy being **** on by internet randos?

If you think you may find yourself unexpectedly busy for SIX CONSECUTIVE MONTHS AND UNABLE TO COME ANYWHERE NEAR MEETING THE TIMELINE, Don't ****ing commit to running a group buy in the first place? Is that not common sense?

This is my first GB on GH and I was one of the lucky ones who received their keycaps before the winter break. While I definitely feel for those who still have not received their sets, whining and getting worked up about it won't get them shipped any faster.

It seems like some people are treating Harry like this GB is supposed to be his full-time job. Things come up, deadlines were missed, breaks were taken, and communication was a bit sparse. That is frustrating, however it is also his prerogative. This is a volunteer-run GB and Harry is not getting paid for this and is choosing to fulfill orders on his own time. If you guys are this frustrated already, I would not suggest entering any GBs by the folks over at Deskthority. I think the Round 5 Honey Sphericals is still going on 1+ yrs later  :eek:

You guys are amazing. Acknowledge hes jerking us along, but call others who do the same thing "whiners"

I don't care if this makes him ship faster or slower, I care about speaking my mind. Forgive me if I don't beg at his feet that he sends me my $25 keycap set.

$25 is my fee for mistakenly thinking this is a good place to buy things. I can live with that, lesson learned, first time and last time I waste $25 on this website.

I need to start organizing group buys on this website. You guys are amazingly liberal with these things and love being taken advantage of... even going so far as to insult the people who call the guy out and call them "whiners"

Truly amazing.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 February 2015, 23:13:23 by cocothepug »

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #1403 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 23:23:25 »

You guys are amazing. Acknowledge hes jerking us along, but call others who do the same thing "whiners"

I don't care if this makes him ship faster or slower, I care about speaking my mind. Forgive me if I don't beg at his feet that he sends me my $25 keycap set. $25 is my fee for thinking this is a good place to buy things. I can live with that, lesson learned, last time I waste $25 on this website

I need to start organizing group buys on this website. You guys are amazingly liberal with these things and love being taken advantage of... even going so far as to insult the people who call the guy out and call them "whiners"

Truly amazing.

wow dude.... you really need to take a step back and rethink every single word you've posted on this forum.

There is a huge difference between being complacent and being mature about this delay. Being antagonistic is only giving the GB leader an incentive to ditch the GB with our money. We are all upset at the delays but we don't go around badgering the GB leader and fellow GB participants.

Do yourself and everyone else here a huge favor and cancel the charge for this buy on your account and excuse yourself from this thread because you have been nothing but irritating and hateful.
null

Offline cocothepug

« Reply #1404 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 23:24:53 »

I don't care if this makes him ship faster or slower, I care about speaking my mind. Forgive me if I don't beg at his feet that he sends me my $25 keycap set. $25 is my fee for thinking this is a good place to buy things. I can live with that, lesson learned, last time I waste $25 on this website

Truly amazing.

wow dude.... you really need to take a step back and rethink every single word you've posted on this forum.

There is a huge difference between being complacent and being mature about this delay. Being antagonistic is only giving the GB leader an incentive to ditch the GB with our money. We are all upset at the delays but we don't go around badgering the GB leader and fellow GB participants.

Do yourself and everyone else here a huge favor and cancel the charge for this buy on your account and excuse yourself from this thread because you have been nothing but irritating and hateful.

He can have my $25 and he can take your $25 too. I hope he does.

As I've said before I'm most frustrated that the mech community endorses this trash. Not only that, they piss and moan when you call a spade a spade. they say "dont offend the group buy coordinator who clearly already gave us all a big "**** you""
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 February 2015, 23:29:24 by cocothepug »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1405 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 23:35:43 »
Posting things like that is not constructive.

Not all group buys run perfectly.  Not all group buy organisers are only in it to rip people off.

Sometimes real life does get in the way.

At least Harry is communicating, which is more than some have done.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1406 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 23:40:32 »

Truly amazing.

As I've said before I'm most frustrated that the mech community endorses this trash. Not only that, they piss and moan when you call a spade a spade
Just stop.
null

Offline cocothepug

« Reply #1407 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 23:43:07 »

Truly amazing.

As I've said before I'm most frustrated that the mech community endorses this trash. Not only that, they piss and moan when you call a spade a spade
Just stop.

Sorry buddy but $25 isnt so much that ill silently take it in the ass and not speak my mind. That aint me sweetcheeks

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1408 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 23:47:47 »

Truly amazing.

Just stop.

Sorry buddy but $25 isnt so much that ill silently take it in the ass and not speak my mind. That aint me sweetcheeks
So if you get ripped off for 500 dollars instead, you'd silently take one up the ass?

Makes sense.
null

Offline cocothepug

« Reply #1409 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 23:53:51 »
So if you get ripped off for 500 dollars instead, you'd silently take one up the ass?

Makes sense.

Naw honeybuns you've got me all wrong. I would never put $500 on a website this ****ty in the first place. As ive said before, I find $25 to be an adequate fee for learning how worthless this website is. First and Last mistake ill make here  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 February 2015, 23:55:37 by cocothepug »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1410 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 08:54:24 »
Naw honeybuns you've got me all wrong. I would never put $500 on a website this ****ty in the first place. As ive said before, I find $25 to be an adequate fee for learning how worthless this website is. First and Last mistake ill make here  :thumb:

I'm going to respond to you in as civil a manner as I can.  Bear with me.

• CAVEAT EMPTOR - Did you read the rules before you participated, or did you assume this was a marketplace with no purpose beyond purchasing goods?
  • You can type out your swears.  We have a swear filter.
  • The Group Buy format has inherent risk.  We all know this and accept that risk when we join.  That does not make it okay for someone to steal money, but that's not what's going on here.  This is a volunteer-run effort, and is not guaranteed to be executed perfectly and to a rigid schedule.  Communication has been adequate and shipping is in progress, so I'm not sure what you're afraid of here.
  • You mentioned wanting to run a Group Buy and steal our money.  That's exceedingly mature of you, thank you for that.  For the record, we do some pre-screening of Group Buys before they are approved on the site.  Caveat Emptor still applies, but we do our best to give the best experience we can.  Your Group Buy would not be approved.  ;)

:thumb:

Offline chzel

« Reply #1411 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 09:06:22 »

As I've said before I'm most frustrated that the mech community endorses this trash. Not only that, they piss and moan when you call a spade a spade. they say "dont offend the group buy coordinator who clearly already gave us all a big "**** you""

So, you REALLY believe that 320 people are fools that don't see the proverbial spade for what it is, and you are the only one smart enough to figure it out...
 :)) :)) :))
Really...chill out. And consider the possibility that it might not be a spade.
And please...don't bust our balls. I hate being notified of a new post only to read your whining.

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #1412 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 14:07:52 »
I guess some people just don't read rules.

When things seem to go wrong, they complain.

There is a reason on why forums have rules for you to read.

Offline DreaMagine

• Head and shoulders, keys and toes
« Reply #1413 on: Thu, 12 February 2015, 22:19:17 »
Harry do you have at least an estimate as to when you will have the time to get to the post office to begin shipping again? I know you have said you will get to it, but I think most of us who are still waiting would at least like an estimate as to when shipping will begin again instead of it just being sometime in the future.

Offline Bencze

« Reply #1414 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 13:03:06 »
I'm just saying, maybe the OP is like CEO of Apple or something that can't spare an hour per week to finish commitments. Or it's the other possibility.
-= QFR w/ mx blues - HPE87 w/ mx browns - Ducky 1087XM w/ green alps =-

Offline apathy3cs

• Glorious Leader
  • その目だれの目?
« Reply #1415 on: Fri, 13 February 2015, 22:53:40 »
Guys - this really is not a constructive conversation you're having.  Harry is in college - and candidly in my opinion grades > volunteer work for this community.  If you flop in college you're not talking a few bucks lying out on the table - you're talking your entire career.  Harry has been very good about giving us updates when he can, and is trying to get assistance from a friend to finish sending the rest along.  any look on the forums and you can get an idea of when things get delivered.  We have some people who are still waiting for a GB from 2011 (if I remember correct) - Things sometimes just don't turn out like you've planned.

Harry if it helps feel free to toss me at the end of the list and focus on the others - This is a spare set for me, so I'm not worried.

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #1416 on: Sat, 14 February 2015, 13:03:40 »
I feel guilty seeing people commenting on GH
I must apologize to all admins and members for causing this kind of comments.

GH is a wonderful community and please be rational.
I understand that one can be angry with me as i have failed to do what I have promised
but there is nothing wrong with GH as the platform.

Argument happens as the taihao keycaps are cheap and with high c/p ratio which attracts new comers to join
and I think they did not expect to not receive what they have paid for after 5 months of the original schedule (although i too have been waiting for the golden spring from sprit after nearly a year)
To people who have joint this GB as the first one in GH, I am very sorry to have given you such a bad experience

There are lots of experienced Organizers such as ivan which i am sure you will have a much better time joining his groupbuys

To avoid any of the guessing of me trying to scam or so, I am totally fine with sharing with you all my schedule and responsibility, and photos of the rest of the keycaps that has not been shipped yet
You can question the authenticity of what i have said below, and I will try to prove it to you

I am not trying to justify the lateness of the shipment, but I think I have the responsibility to tell you guys more when my actions have affected GH's reputation

I understand some of you cares only about the keycaps, i will hide the part about myself.

More
I am sharing this only because I would like to explain why things have been taken so long
You can have no interest of what I do, which I think most of you do as what you want is your keycaps
you can also be distrust or hate me as the GB organizer having choice of putting the priority of finishing GB lower than these works
but please be respectful to my duties

What I have done/been doing in the past 5 month since the shipment has arrived.
1.) as a college student studying civil engineering, i study quite hard, for job, which i guess is reasonable. I am also the class representative

2.) as the president of civil engineering society since last march, my work is to make products, set up events and contact guest speakers for talks and so for my schoolmates
we are the very first session of committee, and i as the president have to set up rules and constitutions and forward looking plans

3.) as the chairman of the Student Union Council since last june, acting executive committee since september, (as the original ex-co was dissolved due to insufficient member which violates our constitution)
we have routine works managing all the student organizations and communicating with the school administrative staffs about our student's needs, plus minor matters everyday
and since November I have been preparing for the new session of General Election which will take place on coming Monday and Tuesday.

4.) as a research assistant working for my professor since Feb 2014 and the topic we are working on is "Material Life Cycle of Highway"

with the above duties I usually stay at school from 0900 to around 1800, which is totally clashing the opening hour of the post office.

I thought I had the chance to finish the packaging during Christmas, but I was wrong as I had to finish my reports alone cuz all my groupmates are ****ing free riders.

During the semester break, I was named to go Japan as an exchange student.
I didn't know about this until early December and I had to prepare for it in a rush

At the beginning of the shipment, all the keycaps are store in another industrial building away from my home
and now i have moved the rest to my flat, so that i can do the packaging during the night

My duty as president and chairman shall be shifted to the next session of members after next week
and I hope that by then i can finish them in a month

I am working on shipments bit by bit
and i suppose i could finish 90% of them before the end of march (or mid april, just in case i got any sudden duties.....)

finally, sorry again for what has happened in this GB.

« Last Edit: Sun, 15 February 2015, 00:17:44 by GhostofHarry »

Offline jamster

« Reply #1417 on: Sat, 14 February 2015, 23:58:36 »
Harry, I'm not part of this GB but my offer of doing some runs to the post office for you still stands if it'll help reduce some of the stress for you. I've got free time during weekdays, though of course I'll be occupied during the actual days of CNY.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want a hand.

Edit: To add a bit of local perspective to the post above, and this is purely conjecture on my part, a lot of people involved with student council work would have been highly disrupted by the multi-month democracy protests that took place late last year in HK. I'm not sure how much of this made it into the news in the West, but there was a lot of heavy political **** going down here October-December, and student organisations were a key part of it. Not trying to say that Harry would have been directly involved in this directly, but if he's on a student body he would at the least have been dealing with the fallout of it.
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 February 2015, 00:29:12 by jamster »

Offline smolid

« Reply #1418 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 19:49:48 »
More
I am sharing this only because I would like to explain why things have been taken so long
You can have no interest of what I do, which I think most of you do as what you want is your keycaps
you can also be distrust or hate me as the GB organizer having choice of putting the priority of finishing GB lower than these works
but please be respectful to my duties

What I have done/been doing in the past 5 month since the shipment has arrived.
1.) as a college student studying civil engineering, i study quite hard, for job, which i guess is reasonable. I am also the class representative

2.) as the president of civil engineering society since last march, my work is to make products, set up events and contact guest speakers for talks and so for my schoolmates
we are the very first session of committee, and i as the president have to set up rules and constitutions and forward looking plans

3.) as the chairman of the Student Union Council since last june, acting executive committee since september, (as the original ex-co was dissolved due to insufficient member which violates our constitution)
we have routine works managing all the student organizations and communicating with the school administrative staffs about our student's needs, plus minor matters everyday
and since November I have been preparing for the new session of General Election which will take place on coming Monday and Tuesday.

4.) as a research assistant working for my professor since Feb 2014 and the topic we are working on is "Material Life Cycle of Highway"

with the above duties I usually stay at school from 0900 to around 1800, which is totally clashing the opening hour of the post office.

I thought I had the chance to finish the packaging during Christmas, but I was wrong as I had to finish my reports alone cuz all my groupmates are ****ing free riders.

During the semester break, I was named to go Japan as an exchange student.
I didn't know about this until early December and I had to prepare for it in a rush

At the beginning of the shipment, all the keycaps are store in another industrial building away from my home
and now i have moved the rest to my flat, so that i can do the packaging during the night

My duty as president and chairman shall be shifted to the next session of members after next week
and I hope that by then i can finish them in a month

I am working on shipments bit by bit
and i suppose i could finish 90% of them before the end of march (or mid april, just in case i got any sudden duties.....)

finally, sorry again for what has happened in this GB.
Dude take as long as you need but regular updates, say every week would be appreciated. If you need an additional x months because something else pops up, just let us know. I personally don't mind when my single set arrives, but others might've organized mini group buys of their own from your own gb which is why they are concerned.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1419 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 20:03:06 »
Edit: To add a bit of local perspective to the post above, and this is purely conjecture on my part, a lot of people involved with student council work would have been highly disrupted by the multi-month democracy protests that took place late last year in HK. I'm not sure how much of this made it into the news in the West, but there was a lot of heavy political **** going down here October-December, and student organisations were a key part of it. Not trying to say that Harry would have been directly involved in this directly, but if he's on a student body he would at the least have been dealing with the fallout of it.
There is a certainly a very justifiable possibility... A lot of my friends, floormates, and hallmates from the University of Hong Kong were involved in those protests and at the time, I was very concerned for their safety and well being. These rallies were pretty intense, as far as I could tell from the pictures they have shared with me.

As with all political protests, things can get pretty heated and escalate very, very quickly. From personal experience, I was in Taiwan at the start of the Sunflower Movement of which one of my best friends and colleagues was in the circle of leaders. Things got out of hand shortly after my departure from Taiwan, students were beaten by the police force,  and for some reason or another he passed away (to this day we don't know if he passed away in an accident or if he was 被政府害死) - may he rest in peace.
null

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #1420 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 12:45:58 »
Harry:

I think your problems are linked to you taking too much on your plate. I see this too often – nice guy throws himself into work for the community but because he doesn’t manage to delegate or make use of his subordinates well, he winds up doing everything.

It’s really an aspect of leadership skill that you learn to manage others, so that you don’t need to overwork yourself. I very much like the Taoist saying about doing nothing and still managing to accomplish everything. Only one of my friends has succeeded in mastering this skill, but it is quite impressive - my friend is involved in a lot of projects, but since his job is really to lead, assign, oversee, guide and decide, he does very, very little actual work. Everything revolves around him, so he is something like the center of a wheel from which all the spokes radiate. He travels the least, yet is the most important part of the wheel.

I am sure that Lao Zi would have been very proud of this.

Sygaldry:

Hey, look on the bright side. At least in ROC, there was a real consequence to the brave sacrifice of the students. The KMT got what it deserved in the recent elections. And the PRC’s strategy of only using economics to appeal to ROC has now been given a big thumbs down. I’m sure the Hong Kong protests have had some influence as well. Hopefully the DPP has learned after several years of not being in power, that they need to prioritize the economy and not antagonize PRC, while they also must heed the voters’ mandate that political freedoms and security cannot be easily given up.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline slinky23

« Reply #1421 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 23:43:05 »

Can you just be honest for once? This is unacceptable.

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #1422 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 23:07:03 »
I'm not stressed.
Send them whenever you get to them, Harry.
No worries.
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #1423 on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 15:41:55 »
Are there any more sets available?

Offline Kira

• <3 <3 <3 <3
« Reply #1424 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 05:32:50 »

I'd like to know this as well hehe

Offline cub-uanic

« Reply #1425 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 06:57:10 »

I'd like to know this as well hehe

Still searching someone who want to take over my sets.
See https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=58110.msg1577817#msg1577817 for more details.
Don't hesitate to PM me.

ErgoDox Classic - Stock Clears
Teenesis - Kinesis Advantage powered by Teensy

Offline honoka

« Reply #1426 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 07:37:39 »
If there's someone who has sets ordered they dont want anymore, let me know.
I'll gladly take over your order, if it's with the ISO-addon. Preferably a set in each color.

Offline chrisq

« Reply #1427 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 08:26:35 »
I'll gladly take over your order, if it's with the ISO-addon. Preferably a set in each color.

I could part with a few sets, and as I'm in Norway shipping will probably be ok.
Only problem is that the sets where shipped to me, but haven't arrived yet and tracking is not working.
Harry is looking into it.

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #1428 on: Tue, 24 February 2015, 10:17:04 »
I ordered one of each with addons. PM me if you'd like to take over my order.
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline slinky23

« Reply #1429 on: Wed, 25 February 2015, 22:41:31 »
Why are you guys asking for more sets? It seems likely these will never be shipped.

Offline honoka

« Reply #1430 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 01:31:40 »

Why are you guys asking for more sets? It seems likely these will never be shipped.

No one has asked for more sets, and the ordered sets will of course be shipped. Might take more time but why would anyone be in a hurry to get some caps? I can get you some. HELLO! Ok, bad joke. Patience, virtue and all that.
Hugs

Offline cocothepug

« Reply #1431 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 10:32:34 »

No one has asked for more sets, and the ordered sets will of course be shipped. Might take more time but why would anyone be in a hurry to get some caps? I can get you some. HELLO! Ok, bad joke. Patience, virtue and all that.
Hugs

but why would anyone be in a hurry to get some caps?

Because over 1% of my life has passed me by while waiting.. Why would I be in a hurry? Because I want to use them before I die. You guys are hopelessly loyal to this ****-awful system, I feel bad for you.

Offline honoka

« Reply #1432 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 10:36:25 »

Because over 1% of my life has passed me by while waiting.. Why would I be in a hurry? Because I want to use them before I die. You guys are hopelessly loyal to this ****-awful system, I feel bad for you.

You are toxic.
This is a hobby, not our life. Caps will not change your life, for better or worse. Please relax or ask to have your order cancelled.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1433 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 10:39:57 »
You guys are hopelessly loyal to this ****-awful system, I feel bad for you.

No.  We are aware that *****ing on the internet doesn't fix things.

We all knew what we were getting into here, and acted accordingly.  If you can't handle delays in group buys, please don't join them.

Offline cocothepug

« Reply #1434 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 12:33:18 »
I didnt know what I was getting into. I thought I knew, but apparently "September-October 2014" is equivalant to "Anywhere between April 2015 and Never." There should be a sidebar with these date conversion rates, for newcomers.

This is my first group buy here and obviously also my last. it is my fault for not doing research to discover that this site is a joke and I'm never getting what I paid for.
all we get is some random on the internet saying "just wait a little longer while I jerk off with your money."

Me failing to do my own research doesnt change the fact that this is the worst buying experience ive ever had and you guys call this "normal" and act like wanting what you paid for is unreasonable. Yikes, what a sad state of affairs
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 12:55:41 by cocothepug »

Offline cocothepug

« Reply #1435 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 12:38:07 »
"keycaps wont make your life better or worse"

oh sweetheart, you think I care about caps or $25? oh no no. I care that someone can exploit a community like this so flagrantly, and all
the while be supported in doing so by that very same community. its pretty pathetic.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 12:39:42 by cocothepug »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1436 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 13:06:33 »

oh sweetheart, you think I care about caps or $25? oh no no. I care that someone can exploit a community like this so flagrantly, and all
the while be supported in doing so by that very same community. its pretty pathetic.

I completely understand your frustration however most items done in group buys would never be able to be purchased otherwise. And yes there have been pure out scams done in years past but for the most part group buys almost always deliver.

It is a fact of life group buys almost always get delayed for a myriad of reasons but things tend to work out in the end. I have at least $1000 or more out on group buys right now that have yet to be delivered (some with absolutely no time frame either!) but I'm not concerned, its just a waiting game.

What you see here with Harry is someone who really wanted to help the community get something that at the time was new and not widely available, yes he obviously got in over his head but again this is not some store or some business we buy from it is a community member who takes there own time to organize and fulfill items that it takes a group to be able to get.

Communication and expectations are two things I believe need to be the cornerstones of group buys, unfortunately that doesn't always happen.

But being nasty, condescending and an outright jerk won't get you anywhere.

Offline cocothepug

« Reply #1437 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 13:09:59 »

I completely understand your frustration however most items done in group buys would never be able to be purchased otherwise. And yes there have been pure out scams done in years past but for the most part group buys almost always deliver.

It is a fact of life group buys almost always get delayed for a myriad of reasons but things tend to work out in the end. I have at least $1000 or more out on group buys right now that have yet to be delivered (some with absolutely no time frame either!) but I'm not concerned, its just a waiting game.

What you see here with Harry is someone who really wanted to help the community get something that at the time was new and not widely available, yes he obviously got in over his head but again this is not some store or some business we buy from it is a community member who takes there own time to organize and fulfill items that it takes a group to be able to get.

Communication and expectations are two things I believe need to be the cornerstones of group buys, unfortunately that doesn't always happen.

You know what has gotten me nowhere? Giving this group buy an extra half year to finish.

Now I'm still getting nowhere on this, but at least I've spoken my mind, instead of massaging this dudes' balls in hoping he sends me my keycaps. No thanks. As I've said before, I'm just grateful I only wasted $25, and the fact that you have "invested "At least $1k" on this questionable ass website is absolutely not something to be proud of.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 13:14:44 by cocothepug »

Offline animated

• uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
« Reply #1438 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 13:30:22 »

You know what has gotten me nowhere? Giving this group buy an extra half year to finish.

Now I'm still getting nowhere on this, but at least I've spoken my mind, instead of massaging this dudes' balls in hoping he sends me my keycaps. No thanks. As I've said before, I'm just grateful I only wasted $25, and the fact that you have "invested "At least $1k" on this questionable ass website is absolutely not something to be proud of.

Why are you being a jerk to SpAmRaY?  Hes just trying to explain to you the process.  You entered a group buy, every one knew there were risk.  No one wants group buys to end up like this, but it happened.  Either try to sell off your order or forget about it.  Hopefully you forget about it and it'll surprise you in the mail sometime this year  :D
Das Browns, Filco Reds, Filco Blues, Leopold FC750R Reds, B.87 and B.Pad Gateron Blacks 65G Korean Springs, Varmillo VA87MR Gateron Blacks w/ Aluminum Case

Offline cocothepug

« Reply #1439 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 13:39:21 »

Why are you being a jerk to SpAmRaY?  Hes just trying to explain to you the process.  You entered a group buy, every one knew there were risk.  No one wants group buys to end up like this, but it happened.  Either try to sell off your order or forget about it.  Hopefully you forget about it and it'll surprise you in the mail sometime this year  :D

People from Geekhack went to reddit and convinced me to do my first group buy here. I came, read all the info, and decided to participate. It has been my worst buying experience ever, in my life, for anything. Ive probably been robbed.  I come to forums to say that this sucks, and people tell me to stop complaining, even though they agree it sucks.... Are you ****ing kidding me?

**** this community and **** no I'm not worried about being nice to any of you who perpetuate this bull****. You go out of your way to bring money into this trashbag community of thieves and shoot down people who aren't happy about it. Scum
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 February 2015, 13:45:05 by cocothepug »

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1440 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 13:48:15 »

Why are you being a jerk to SpAmRaY? 

Read all of his posts... this guy is either a troll or an idiot with serious anger problems.

null

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1441 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 13:51:04 »
I didnt know what I was getting into.

I'm going to respond to you in as civil a manner as I can.  Bear with me.

• CAVEAT EMPTOR - Did you read the rules before you participated, or did you assume this was a marketplace with no purpose beyond purchasing goods?
  • You can type out your swears.  We have a swear filter.
  • The Group Buy format has inherent risk.  We all know this and accept that risk when we join.  That does not make it okay for someone to steal money, but that's not what's going on here.  This is a volunteer-run effort, and is not guaranteed to be executed perfectly and to a rigid schedule.  Communication has been adequate and shipping is in progress, so I'm not sure what you're afraid of here.
  • You mentioned wanting to run a Group Buy and steal our money.  That's exceedingly mature of you, thank you for that.  For the record, we do some pre-screening of Group Buys before they are approved on the site.  Caveat Emptor still applies, but we do our best to give the best experience we can.  Your Group Buy would not be approved.  ;)

:thumb:

I should set this to auto-reply any time you post in here.

People from Geekhack went to reddit and convinced me to do my first group buy here. I came, read all the info, and decided to participate. It has been my worst buying experience ever, in my life, for anything. Ive probably been robbed.  I come to forums to say that this sucks, and people tell me to stop complaining, even though they agree it sucks.... Are you ****ing kidding me?

**** this community and **** no I'm not worried about being nice to any of you who perpetuate this bull****. You go out of your way to bring money into this trashbag community of thieves and shoot down people who aren't happy about it. Scum

If you're going to blame us for how you chose to spend your money, you're SOL, buddy.

GG

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #1442 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 14:05:27 »

IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Glod

• * Elevated Elder
  • Also Known As Ergonomech
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #1443 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 14:10:08 »
I didn't even know people were thinking this went south. Harry has 967 sets + extras to sort and ship and had to deal with the "special keys" that massdrop didnt have to deal with.  I never expected this to be a quick group buy. Did i miss something? did Harry do something wrong to have this troll call him a thief?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1444 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 14:56:28 »
Did i miss something? did Harry do something wrong to have this troll call him a thief?

Nope.  He has been chiming in here every once in awhile to update us, and aside from a few individuals no one is accusing him of running off with our money (if he wanted to rob us, why would he buy all the keycaps and ship half of them out??).

That said, this buy has seen a few delays, and a civil discussion about this would not be out of line.  But that already happened.

Offline pasph

« Reply #1445 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 16:07:00 »
That guy is mad for sure but GH's gbs need to be reformed in some way.
Allow someone to collect thousands without any kind of buyer protection is simply stupid.
"There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life"

Offline honoka

« Reply #1446 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 16:46:29 »
Should we start a fund to buy him out of the buy? Let Harry use his set to cover missing or damaged keys.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #1447 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 07:56:01 »
On cocothepug’s rants: totally not cool, not acceptable, and not good. (I’m not willing to ‘reply’ and repeat his accusations).

But can we figure out what Cocothepug is owed? There are quite a number of people who want to buy because they missed the GB. If Hoffman or one of the mods can contact cocothepug (he’s now muted), we can figure that out, and he can be reimbursed accordingly and property ownership rights transferred to another patient buyer.

After which I’d like to see cocothepug’s GH account suspended. That guy has 13 posts currently, and all of them are disruptive posts full of insults, vulgarities, hostility and abuse.

If no one wants to buy cocothepug’s $25 set, I will make this offer to coco:
You have waited for almost 6 months and are understandably furious.
Currently the risk free rate for investing (US government bonds) is 0.00% for a 6 month tenure.
http://www.bloomberg.com/markets/rates-bonds/government-bonds/us/
The 30 year rate (which isn’t really applicable in this case but which is the highest possible rate an investor can get) is 2.5%.
I know interest payment calculations are more complex than that, but we’ll make things simple. I’ll pay you 1.25% interest for the 6 months you have been deprived of the use of $25.
I offer to buy your set for $25.3125. I’ll even round that up to $26.
On condition that you spend your next 13 posts praising geekhack and ghostofharry with the same aggressive fulsomeness that you used to attack them. You must write 1 positive description for every negative one in the past. Word count must be within 5% of the same.
How’s that? Effectively $2 per flattering post. That is four times as much as what the going market rate for flattery is (Chinese government rate is 50 cents paid per praising post).

You don’t have to be sincere. I don’t care.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #1448 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 08:40:49 »
Allow someone to collect thousands without any kind of buyer protection is simply stupid.

This all comes down to the willingness of people to throw money at something without first asking questions and verifying anything.

I mean look at the two recent brand new guys who have shown up offering a new 1800 style board people are throwing money at them (or at least willing to) without any real proof or history etc. I predict we will see yet another buy that gets so big then takes longer than proposed etc.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1449 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 08:46:15 »

This all comes down to the willingness of people to throw money at something without first asking questions and verifying anything.

I mean look at the two recent brand new guys who have shown up offering a new 1800 style board people are throwing money at them (or at least willing to) without any real proof or history etc. I predict we will see yet another buy that gets so big then takes longer than proposed etc.

There's really no way to prevent this without banning GBs.  Or requiring that only vendors can run GBs, and must be legitimate businesses.  The GB format has inherent risk and there's no way to change that.  You're literally gifting money to people on the internet that are promising you goods in return.  Yes, it's crazy, but it's the only way to acquire these goods, so we do it.