Author Topic: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy [ALL SHIPPED >> REFUND ISSUE]  (Read 1186961 times)

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
Re: [GB] Tai Hao (ANSI + Add-On Pack) Keyset Group Buy [SHIPPING-RESUME]
« Reply #1550 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 14:11:59 »
not everyone ordered the extra kits, and we've been waiting for 4 months now for re-shipment.
And yes, it is the 3rd time MD has had their buy up for the same sets.
Once in sept, once around christmas and again now.

I'm not in a rush, but at the same time, it would be nice to see progress for everyone who is involved.
I just want to see updates for reassurance that I will be getting these caps...
null

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1551 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 16:48:45 »
massdrop has this set up again, and I think this will be the third time its been up since this buy started.

No, that's simply not true.

The set on Massdrop is more expensive and has less keys than this GB. With Massdrop you get this ****ing ugly Win key and not the nice new legend we get in Harry's GB.

Besides that there are no Tsangang and ISO keys in the Massdrop set. I gladly waited longer to get all these keys  :thumb:

And is limited to 41 sets with only 2 Dolch, if the comments are correct.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kittykatmax

« Reply #1552 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 22:33:27 »
Harry commented that he'd be shipping more out on the 10th/11th, so I wouldn't expect to hear from him until after then, at which point he can let us know how many went out and for whom.

Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1553 on: Wed, 08 April 2015, 22:41:57 »
Harry commented that he'd be shipping more out on the 10th/11th, so I wouldn't expect to hear from him until after then, at which point he can let us know how many went out and for whom.

And hopefully update the spreadsheet in the process :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline kittykatmax

« Reply #1554 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 10:30:50 »
Yes, hopefully. :)

Offline GhostofHarry

« Reply #1555 on: Thu, 09 April 2015, 12:42:26 »
should be going to post office tomorrow  :thumb:

sent

will update the spreadsheet soon
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 April 2015, 08:32:52 by GhostofHarry »

Offline Gingerbeer

« Reply #1556 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 08:12:25 »
If anyone wants a Granite set with Add ons, you can take over my order. 

[edit] Just for transparency, Acerk has bought my Granite set from me and I have forwarded his details to Harry for shipping.

« Last Edit: Mon, 13 April 2015, 17:34:36 by Gingerbeer »

Offline adrl

« Reply #1557 on: Tue, 14 April 2015, 14:22:04 »
Anyone want to take over my Olivette + addons?

Offline kittykatmax

« Reply #1558 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 10:22:24 »
should be going to post office tomorrow  :thumb:

sent

will update the spreadsheet soon

Thanks for the update, Harry!

Offline jmolino

• Some folks look for answers,others look for fights
« Reply #1559 on: Wed, 15 April 2015, 11:32:36 »
Hi Harry,

I see that my package shipped (RC864467747HK) but I am unable to retrieve tracking information on it here:

http://app3.hongkongpost.hk/CGI/mt/enquiry.jsp

Would you be able to fill out an inquiry for me to assist in tracking my package?

Thank you for your help,

John

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1560 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 04:45:50 »
Just came back from a prolonged hiatus. Good to see this is still (slowly) moving. Thought I was never gonna get my keys.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline kittykatmax

« Reply #1561 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 09:21:31 »
Harry, hope you get a chance to update the spreadsheet soon, thanks.

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #1562 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 13:52:24 »
Anyone want to take over an Olivetti order with add-ons?
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline kohi

« Reply #1563 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 14:44:27 »
Still have a dolch set order (w/out addons) if anyone wants to take over~

Offline pendragon2916

« Reply #1564 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 03:16:26 »
It worries me that Harry hasn't been on for 11 days. I'm hoping he hasn't abandoned the GB.

Harry, if you see this, could you please reply to the message that I sent you weeks back?

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1565 on: Sat, 25 April 2015, 04:14:27 »
It worries me that Harry hasn't been on for 11 days. I'm hoping he hasn't abandoned the GB.

Harry, if you see this, could you please reply to the message that I sent you weeks back?

That doesn't mean anything. Harry is probably really busy right now and will continue shipping as soon as he can.

If he really planned to abandon this GB he would have collected the money and never placed an order...

Offline Jixr

« Reply #1566 on: Sun, 26 April 2015, 00:14:19 »
yeah, shippings been, well, piss poor, but he's doing what he can when he can.

Offline fart_toast

« Reply #1567 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 05:20:48 »
Will this be approaching a year soon? :( Please can I get my keys soon Harry?

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1568 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 05:36:01 »
Yeah... it was better when I was afk for months. Out of sight, out of mind type of deal. Now that I see this getting bumped, I start to wonder wtf Harry is up to.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #1569 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 08:44:13 »
Not yet a year, but harrys had the caps in his possession since mid december.

Offline phx

« Reply #1570 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 08:52:32 »
geez...
it's like the toxic GB, except with this one Harry just vanished and there is no updates for weeks on end.

sigh

Offline Jixr

« Reply #1571 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 09:40:32 »
He's been better than some buys i've been involved in, but basically yeah, he dropped the ball. To me he is another one of those people I know not to buy from anymore.

Offline Cods

• Penumbra SA Mark II please?
« Reply #1572 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 04:20:47 »
Whilst I haven't ordered the most, I am down for one of everything, and FWIW, I'm not particularly worried.
They're keycaps. They were pretty cheap. Harry seems to be back onto it. Stuff is shipping, albeit not on the original timeline. It'll probably work out eventually.
He was willing to set up a group buy, something that seems quite time intensive, and that most of us aren't volunteering to do ourselves.
Honestly, chill out.
Model M Industrial, SSK, Unicomp 104, Code TKL MX Green, FC660M MX Green + Clear + White + Grey, FC660C Topre 45g, MagicForce 68 USB and Bluetooth, Whitefox, some optical switch 65% Bluetooth split spacebar thing ... wait, I think I need an intervention. Too late, there’s a couple of new Model Fs on the way.
Too much SA is never enough.

Offline fart_toast

« Reply #1573 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 11:56:24 »
Not yet a year, but harrys had the caps in his possession since mid december.

Ah that is correct, apologies in that I just looked at the date of the start of the GB. I ordered around then. Really excited to get them that's all as the Olivette is my dream set :)

Offline Bencze

« Reply #1574 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 03:45:22 »
I know people do this in their free time etc. but Harry must be like CEO of some huge company or whatnot, not to have time ship keycaps in several months.
Wish he lived closer so I can go to his door for a friendly reminder (and my keycaps).
-= QFR w/ mx blues - HPE87 w/ mx browns - Ducky 1087XM w/ green alps =-

Offline kakakowie

• Make Love not War
« Reply #1575 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 07:00:33 »
I know people do this in their free time etc. but Harry must be like CEO of some huge company or whatnot, not to have time ship keycaps in several months.
Wish he lived closer so I can go to his door for a friendly reminder (and my keycaps).

Or he could be a college student. The workload is insane.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #1576 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 07:21:36 »

Or he could be a college student. The workload is insane.

Quite frankly kakakowie, I don't know what is the value of a good degree from a top Hong Kong university (or Singapore's NUS, one of the top ranked Asian universities) anymore. In both Singapore and Hong Kong, the economic environment has changed and a degree mill diploma is far more marketable. Doesn't matter what grades Harry gets - since only crap jobs are available, employers prefer to pay crap and get someone crap to fill that position designed for crap.

Just how much engineering do you think Harry is going to do in Hong Kong anyway? It's mostly built up, and there isn't much manufacturing left.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #1577 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 09:50:48 »
we really need to implement a feedback system for buyers and sellers. Its not fair to people who were expecting to get their caps by november and were waiting for harry to ship them out, and he has had them in hand since early december.

I've already lost all interest in this buy, as soon as I get my caps I'm going to try and re-sell them since I don't need them anymore.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1578 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 14:41:40 »
we really need to implement a feedback system for buyers and sellers.

The mod team reviews Group Buys (and the person running them) before they are approved on geekhack to help this.  We obviously cannot ensure that this is fool proof or offer any protection because of this, but I think it's a positive step we've taken.

In general, we do a fine job of staying up to date on Group Buys and know where the various organizers stand with respect to reliability etc.  However, as a general comment, if you see a GB going south feel free to give us a heads up so we can keep it in mind if there is another GB submitted by the same organizer.

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1579 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 14:45:42 »
Looks like he actually logged in yesterday (for the first time in at least 2 weeks). Let us hope for the best despite a lack of an update when he did.

Offline kittykatmax

« Reply #1580 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 16:42:54 »
Harry has already mentioned he is a college student.  So was (is) Raccoon, who messed up the Toxic GB and has left Bunny/Cody holding the bag.  Perhaps there should be a minimum age required in order to head a GB? 

Young people that haven't had a "grown-up" job could very well not know what they're setting themselves up for.  I've actually done mass mailings many times (worked for a PR firm at one point - back in the 90s) so I know what to expect, and how to organize things efficiently.  I also know what kind of work load/multi-tasking I can handle.  Young people that are barely 20 are unlikely  to have had the exposure or experience.   I've also seen some (seemingly) extremely mature college students derailed from commitments they've made by finals/fun/a new love interest. 

Not to say grownups don't screw up (or defraud on purpose), but there's something to be said for being an adult with real life project experience of some sort. 

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1581 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 16:47:24 »
Harry has already mentioned he is a college student.  So was (is) Raccoon, who messed up the Toxic GB and has left Bunny/Cody holding the bag.  Perhaps there should be a minimum age required in order to head a GB? 

Young people that haven't had a "grown-up" job could very well not know what they're setting themselves up for.  I've actually done mass mailings many times (worked for a PR firm at one point - back in the 90s) so I know what to expect, and how to organize things efficiently.  I also know what kind of work load/multi-tasking I can handle.  Young people that are barely 20 are unlikely  to have had the exposure or experience.   I've also seen some (seemingly) extremely mature college students derailed from commitments they've made by finals/fun/a new love interest. 

Not to say grownups don't screw up (or defraud on purpose), but there's something to be said for being an adult with real life project experience of some sort.

Just to clarify, Raccoon was a high school student.  And we have had many successful group buys run by students, both in high school and college.  And many unsuccessful group buys run by adults.  (as well as the reverse for both)  I'm not saying there's not a correlation, though.

I do agree that in general it's a lot easier to be reliable and dependable if your life situation isn't likely to change drastically (and predictably) like a student's is, so I do agree with your general sentiment.

Offline guandaome

« Reply #1582 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 22:46:55 »
Bbbh

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1583 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 22:48:08 »
Bbbh

Welcome to Geekhack!

Are you incoherent with excitement? ;)

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #1584 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 23:17:51 »
Hoffman, since you're reading this:

I propose that all GB organizers are allowed to run only one at a time. They may propose a second and do research and all that, but money cannot be collected until the last buyer from the first GB gets his stuff.

I know this may be limiting in some areas - eg IvanIvanovich is every bit honest and was running multiple buys successfully while being held up by his PBT dyesubs - but I think it is far better to have LESS goodies overall (geekhack is already awash in goodies) than have people cheated of their goodies, or denied their goodies due to extreme delays.

As the Buyer and Seller of Last Resort for this buy I don't mind my stuff taking a long time. Have said many times before that these are discretionary purchases for me. But it is not acceptable for most people, especially to a 16 year old kid, hoping to put his first set of keycaps on his first board, and half his high school life is over before he even gets to use his keyboard. You think such people are likely to think highly of our community after that?

I say we blacklist all GB organizers who take too long. This is not necessarily a reflection of honesty but of competence. Competence includes proper management of workload and delegation or outsourcing of duties. As well as having the humility and wisdom to say, I can't handle it, can some other person step in?
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline Jixr

« Reply #1585 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 12:25:50 »
unfortunately the mods here are not willing to do much to mediate the group buys and classifieds. Every time I've asked or brought up suggestions I'm told "we have the buyer beware post ( despite it being written in a latin term people may not be familiar with )

The problem is people see cheap items with unrealistic shipping deadlines and people are more than willing to throw money at them without much thought. So part of the blame is on the community users.

With this set i don't mind so much, as ( for me ) i didn't put a lot of money into it, but i've had other buys that took over a year for delivery with a few hundred bucks wrapped up in it and the host left without any updates for months at a time. If the caps were still in production, thats one thing, but that production has been over and harry has had them all in hand for 6 months, thats a problem.

Personally, i'm done with GB host that are not stateside. Most of them come from korean forums and treat GH as a secondary priority compared to their 'home' sites. Which is why communication with them is hard, and their log in times are so infrequent. Its basically trial and error to find out which host are good, and which host have had issues and complaints in the past, and lots of new people who join in or do not post here often, don't know the difference between a good seller and a shady one.
« Last Edit: Thu, 07 May 2015, 12:39:37 by Jixr »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1586 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 13:36:52 »
I propose that all GB organizers are allowed to run only one at a time. They may propose a second and do research and all that, but money cannot be collected until the last buyer from the first GB gets his stuff.

I agree that this is probably a good rule of thumb.  Lately, I think we've been doing basically this (feel free to correct me), despite not making it explicit.

I say we blacklist all GB organizers who take too long. This is not necessarily a reflection of honesty but of competence. Competence includes proper management of workload and delegation or outsourcing of duties. As well as having the humility and wisdom to say, I can't handle it, can some other person step in?

This actually does happen.   :thumb:   As usual, we cannot guarantee anything, but I assure you that we are screening new group buy submissions (every thread in the group buy subforum requires approval like Classifieds).

unfortunately the mods here are not willing to do much to mediate the group buys and classifieds. Every time I've asked or brought up suggestions I'm told "we have the buyer beware post ( despite it being written in a latin term people may not be familiar with )

The problem is people see cheap items with unrealistic shipping deadlines and people are more than willing to throw money at them without much thought. So part of the blame is on the community users.

I've seen this sort of post a lot lately.  I have to ask: what could we possibly do after a group buy has begun to rectify this?  If you have a solution to that, we would love to hear it.  The fact of the matter is that, yes, there is inherent risk here.  As I mentioned above, we can (and are) doing things to help reduce the possibility of this happening (pre-screening).  However, when a new group buy runner comes along that doesn't have a solid history of running a group buy, it becomes a judgement call.  No matter how reliable that person may have been with classifieds dealings, there's no guarantee with a group buy, due to the time and logistic scale involved.  The best thing to do to prevent issues, IMO, would be to stop new people from running them - but that seems a bit extreme, doesn't it?  So basically it comes down to, as I said, a judgement call.

Now, keep in mind that these "changes" I speak of are fairly recent, and the group buys that a lot of people bring up as talking points were begun before they were implemented.  There will absolutely be a lag between the pre-screening implementation and any evidence of reduced issues in group buys.  So it may seem like I'm talking about a solution and you're looking at a bunch of problems wondering where I think we did anything right, but we won't see the effects until the new group buys actually complete.

And as always, I'm more than happy to discuss these things via PM.  I don't want to continue taking this thread "off topic" (I realize it's fairly relevant, but it's not quite the appropriate place).

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1587 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 17:14:36 »
FWIW in this case Harry has shown pictures of the keycaps, provided an indication that shipping will be delayed due to new personal responsibilities, and checked in from time to time (perhaps not as regularly as we might like) to let us know he is still shipping.

I had a reasonably quick reply to my change of address PM I sent him.

Offline genkidama

« Reply #1588 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 18:38:57 »
Although I get that a GB is tough to run and I also think that Harry tries to give his best for us. I still would like to hear something from him from time to time. I dont mind the waiting, but I do mind not having a clue what is going on. Surely there could be reasons for his absence. But as one mentioned he logged in yesterday or so and it would've been nice to hear from him.

I don't think he has abandoned us or something like that. Seems more like he has a really stress schedule or something similar. Because Harry did get in touch with us more frequently than as of now. Although this GB runs really long, as others mentioned (for me this is my first), I'm still in for other GBs and not spooked. I got into this because I knew it could take a while. Look at other GBs with more experienced GB runners and they also have delays here and there.

I just hope Harry will get in touch and tell us what he's been up to and maybe he could pick it up with the shipping and stuff.
My finger training is over 9000!!!!

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #1589 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 22:20:38 »
As anyone who knows us and has followed the thread should know, I have been very supportive of Harry throughout. We actually spent at least 5000 words discussing the GB BEFORE anything started.

I should have asked Harry more about his personal life.

Even from the start he was giving me the impression of being the type of nice person who always wants to do more.

As I keep stressing, it’s not about character or honesty. Most GBs are not scams and we must not fool ourselves into thinking that just because the organizer is trustworthy things will turn out right. There’s a lot more to GBuys than honesty. Planning, management, etc. I was asking Harry to figure out how many minutes he thought it would take for him to process one order, for instance. EG suggested that even before he started the GB, he should try the whole print address- take keycaps – sort – weight – pack – write out customs form rigmarole so he would know what he was getting into. Told him to get some friends to help.

Remember, 10 minutes x 300 orders = 50 hours. That's FIVE full days, not including time at the post office.

IIRC Harry thought originally that he could do the whole thing himself in 2 weekend days. This is the result.

Harry is 100% the type of guy who wants to get involved and do everything. And he’s not the type of charismatic guy who can get others to do things for him. That’s a bad combo.

Offline Bencze

« Reply #1590 on: Sun, 10 May 2015, 05:39:22 »
I would volunteer to help with such undertakings for a day or two, as a lot other people obviously, but being on a different continent kind of ruins it.
-= QFR w/ mx blues - HPE87 w/ mx browns - Ducky 1087XM w/ green alps =-

Offline thomscottson

« Reply #1591 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 15:57:35 »
Will we ever get our keycaps? I have a hand built board with nothing to put on it! So frustrating!

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #1592 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 15:59:27 »
Will we ever get our keycaps? I have a hand built board with nothing to put on it! So frustrating!

He last logged in 2 weeks ago. Hasn't communicated since long before that. Just assume you won't ever get them.

Offline simbloke

« Reply #1593 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 16:02:27 »
Bought some Filco doubleshots on eBay weeks ago to fill the space where these caps should be.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #1594 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 16:14:24 »
Just assume you won't ever get them.
This.
null

Offline Jixr

« Reply #1595 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 17:10:29 »
Yeah, we are 6+ months past when harry received the keycaps, i'm calling this one a fail.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1596 on: Thu, 21 May 2015, 19:35:52 »
Yeah, we are 6+ months past when harry received the keycaps, i'm calling this one a fail.

Some have been sent - it would only be a half fail.

Offline berserkfan

« Reply #1597 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 05:25:26 »
This is not cool at all.

I am sorely disappointed in Harry. Enough said.

This is already end May and his exams should be over.

Offline doodersbrother

« Reply #1598 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 10:56:54 »
This is ridiculous. I'm leaving for college in a couple months and I still won't have them... I'm very disappointed in this buy. The least you could do is communicate.

Offline sonic_the_hedgehog

• That's a fast hedgehog...
« Reply #1599 on: Fri, 22 May 2015, 11:31:54 »
This is not cool at all.

I am sorely disappointed in Harry. Enough said.

This is already end May and his exams should be over.

As you say in your avatar, "Don't give up even when the odds look overwhelming"

I'm still holding on to hope that these caps will arrive eventually. I'm spewing that I'm only a little way down the spreadsheet from the ones which are marked as sent, so I was hoping mine would go out the last time Harry said he was going to the post office. But no sign of them yet, and no update to the spreadsheet, even though he did say he was going to the post office.

Is there anyone local over there who can help Harry out for a weekend and get another big batch sent off?
IBM Model M | Cherry G80-3000LXCEU-2 (Browns) | Cherry G80-3494LYCUS-2 (Reds) | Old School AT Mechs | Old School XT Mech | Old School Japanese XT Mech  (Details / Pics Coming Soon :D)