Author Topic: cm novatouch  (Read 6023 times)

Offline PlayBox

cm novatouch
« on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 12:31:52 »
so i heard about the cooler master novatouch recently. and i know its very rare nowadays. i personally found it for 300€ with 50€ shipping used, its a ridicoulously high price but its rare and stuff. so im askin if anyone here has or found this keyboard anywhere, just to see how hard is it to actually get one or how are your experiences with it
propably sent from my amazon kindle 10th gen

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
Re: cm novatouch
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 13:29:23 »
It is out of production for years so you won't find it in stores. Mostly you can find them on Mech Market. Price differs per person. I have seen some go for 230-250 Euro + shipping. They aren't really worth it anymore with Deskey sliders unless, you just want a Keyboard that is Topre and MX compatible.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 15:04:24 »
Yeah, it was introduced in late 2014 and discontinued in mid 2016. It's the rarity that makes the price.

They aren't really worth it anymore with Deskey sliders unless, you just want a Keyboard that is Topre and MX compatible.
That is, the keyboard has Topre switches but which are compatible with standard keycaps for Cherry MX. You can't put MX switches into it, and you can't use keycaps with "topre mount".

Actually, I would recommend putting some good keycap set on it, as the stock keycaps are quite cheaply made.
Other than that, I found the build quality all right. The 45g Topre switches felt like Topre should.
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 December 2022, 15:11:19 by Findecanor »

Offline Sup

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Doing university was a mistake
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 05 December 2022, 12:24:09 »
Yeah, it was introduced in late 2014 and discontinued in mid 2016. It's the rarity that makes the price.

They aren't really worth it anymore with Deskey sliders unless, you just want a Keyboard that is Topre and MX compatible.
That is, the keyboard has Topre switches but which are compatible with standard keycaps for Cherry MX. You can't put MX switches into it, and you can't use keycaps with "topre mount".

Actually, I would recommend putting some good keycap set on it, as the stock keycaps are quite cheaply made.
Other than that, I found the build quality all right. The 45g Topre switches felt like Topre should.

Oh yeah i meant Topre and MX keycap compatibility. With deskey these days I rather use a R1 Realforce with MX keycaps. Like the bottom row more than the normie bottom row.
current
Filco Zero -  NOS Yellow Alps | Canoe R1 Gateron Red | AEK II JP Cream dampend |Filco Majestouch 2 Tex case Gateron Yellow | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev AO Serial 000171 | HHKB Pro 1 2003 Rev A1s|DZ60 OG Panda's with Fei spring and stem. | Sentraq S65_Plus OG Invyr Panda's | A17 Gateron Black TX 65G 3204 | Lubrigrante Wildcard Cherry MX silent blacks 3204 58.5G Springs | Rukia Everglide Tourmaline Blue 58.5G Springs | MGA Standard Greetech brown |
Coming soon
Rest in peace Billy Herrington(William Glen Harold Herrington) 1969-2018
Rest in peace Byron Daniel 1989-2020

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 05 December 2022, 13:14:54 »
When I first joined the hobby in 2016, people were obsessed with these.

Offline zslane

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 06 December 2022, 10:52:24 »
If you swap the case for something premium, like a Norbauer alu case, put some high-end keycaps on it, and pair it up with a matching numpad, then a Novatouch becomes an endgame board, IMO.

294059-0

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 06 December 2022, 11:24:28 »
If you swap the case for something premium, like a Norbauer alu case, put some high-end keycaps on it, and pair it up with a matching numpad, then a Novatouch becomes an endgame board, IMO.

(Attachment Link)

Agreed.  I have 3 of them :)

Offline PlayBox

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 06 December 2022, 15:25:44 »

(Attachment Link)
i think novatouch is the only endgame worthy gaming brand keyboard
propably sent from my amazon kindle 10th gen

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #8 on: Mon, 06 February 2023, 12:50:35 »

(Attachment Link)

zs, I know you love SA and topre - do you do something to supress that SA cap bottom hit? I just recently modded RF R2 with deskeys sliders and it pisses me off how SA hits pcb when bottoming out. Would o-ring help?
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 February 2023, 15:25:36 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline zslane

« Reply #9 on: Tue, 07 February 2023, 10:56:32 »
I don't experience SA keycaps making contact with anything on my NovaTouch boards (or my RealForce RGB boards). I do put very thin o-rings on the sliders in order to eliminate the upstroke noise, but I have never had an issue with bottom-out noise.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 07 February 2023, 12:06:10 »
I don't experience SA keycaps making contact with anything on my NovaTouch boards (or my RealForce RGB boards). I do put very thin o-rings on the sliders in order to eliminate the upstroke noise, but I have never had an issue with bottom-out noise.

I wonder what that is. Does slider hit pcb when pushed down? You know, those wee legs it has? Could it be r3 SA set being taller than sculpted? I use Filco SA on Realforce r2 with Deskeys sliders. It doesn't sound like pure plastic  hit, but weirdly "thock" is very pronounced. Maybe I'm over reacting :)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #11 on: Thu, 23 February 2023, 00:51:34 »
Nice! For what it's worth, they also make MX key adapters for Topre switches, don't they? Or was that a one-shot thing?

I'd be tempted to 3D print some, myself. I don't think it'd be that hard. The plans are probably already out there... People want to 3D print everything now.

Anyway, just saying. Sorry, topic drift.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Maledicted

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 27 February 2023, 01:08:03 »
Nice! For what it's worth, they also make MX key adapters for Topre switches, don't they? Or was that a one-shot thing?

I'd be tempted to 3D print some, myself. I don't think it'd be that hard. The plans are probably already out there... People want to 3D print everything now.

Anyway, just saying. Sorry, topic drift.

They exist, but they're obscenely expensive as with most things Topre-related.

3D printing some would be nice if they're smooth enough.

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 27 February 2023, 05:17:45 »
I bought a CM Novatouch from a friend and I do agree, this board has seen better days. the new deskey housings are much tighter.

The only reason I would keep this is for nostalgias sake.