Author Topic: Suited Up Keycaps  (Read 961921 times)

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
Re: The Suited Up Keycaps Sale Thread
« Reply #1900 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 14:40:45 »
I have yet to trade anything of mine, but I plan to soon and winning limited stuff makes it easier for me to participate within the community.. so for that reason I'm not as fond of "pre-order", group buy, or an increase in production.  On the other hand, if I could have pre-ordered the Tiffany Tone caps I wanted right away, then I wouldn't be looking to trade.   :-\ :))

Not that my opinion matters all that much with how new I am here, but I am happy with the way it is.. blindbox is my favorite. I do like the idea of max available for purchase reduced. Verified cheaters can get blacklisted (and hopefully keycap makers can share lists if it gets out of hand).

Does anybody else think it's wierd that there are always a TON of new people that enter the big sales? Seems a little fishy to me.  When KK released that breakdown percentage of winners and how many don't really participate it got me wondering if there is more RNG cheating going on than we think.
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 December 2016, 15:30:31 by ReverbSlush »

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
« Reply #1901 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 15:14:20 »

The only way around this situation is limited artisans made with resin direct from the maker at high "original artwork" prices, then mass produced, like 100s to 1000s, at much lower "prints" prices. I'm still baffled that no one has adopted this yet, it has been the norm in the art world for decades.

There are no "prints" for any of my keycaps because they're ALL hand-made and hand-finished.  I don't think anyone, myself included, really wants me to contract a factory to make copies of my keys so I can sell "prints." 

But I'm all for opening a discussion to hear constructive feedback about what is wrong with artisan sales and how to fix any problems.  My goal is to provide the best experience possible to someone who buys (or wants to buy) a Suited Up keycap.  There are a lot of ways for me to reach that goal, so the challenge is determining what will get me the closest to the goal and with the fewest downsides.

Some steps I could take:

(1) Change to FCFS sales. 
Good: If done correctly, reduces the chance of someone successfully "gaming" a sale.  Sale can be resolved more quickly since orders and invoices can theoretically be taken and sent immediately.  Some fans get their all of their top choice keycaps.
Bad: Unfair to many international buyers, people with conflicting schedules, slow internet connection, etc.  The most sought-after keys end up in a few peoples' collections rather than being more evenly distributed.
Comment: There are ways to mitigate the bad effects here, but they can over-complicate the process.  Generally the bad outweighs the good here when it comes to giving people the best experience possible, but sometimes it's just more convenient than other formats.

(2) Limit who can enter a sale aka "50 posts on Geekhack" minimum.
Good: Reduces cheating. Tends to get keys to those who actually want them.  Supports loyal fans.
Bad: SO MANY fans are new/first-timers in each sale.  New fans shouldn't be presumed to be cheaters.  Gives off the appearance of an elitist or exclusive community.
Comment: I somehow want to do this (albeit in a relatively minimally restrictive way).  I like how CtrlAlt has you sign up for an account in order to enter one of their sales.  That seems like a reasonable hurdle to cross to enter a sale, along with other benefits like ensuring that each entrant is using a real address/email address.  There are also some behind the scenes things you can do to improve sale speed and quality.  I unfortunately haven't had any time to try to set up a website that can allow me to do this, but it's on my wishlist.

(3) Raise prices or use auction-like sales.
Good: Reduces flipping/aftermarket markup.  Some fans would rather see the money go to the artist.  Incentivizes the artist to pour more time and energy into each key, to push the "wow factor."
Bad: Increases barrier to entry for new fans.  Can lead to an image issue like making the seller look greedy or out of touch.  May reduce overall key quantity available.
Comment: I've been very happy to be able to sell keys at the prices I've used, but if there were some changes I could make to either the prices I use or how a sale works that emphasizes these good things and minimizes the bad, I'd love to hear your ideas.

(4) Change to "group buy" style sales aka HKP style.
Good: Everyone gets something from the sale.  Increases availability of keycaps.
Bad: Reduces the uniqueness of each keycap.  Fulfillment can take much longer.  Diversity of what is offered in the sale usually goes down (unless it is blind box, which many people don't prefer).  There are fewer sales in a given amount of time.  Community-building trading can go down.
Comment: I'll probably try this style at some point if the subject matter of what is offered in the sale suggests it.  I'm still mulling over whether this is a good way to go.

(5) Increase production.
Good: More fans get something. Increases availability of at least some keycaps.
Bad: Time between sales increases.  Sale fulfillment time increases.  Diversity of designs can go down, so each key may feel less special.
Comment: I have some plans in the works to address this idea.

Are there any other ideas from the rest of you about how to improve fans' experience?   I'd love to hear what you have to say.  Send me a PM if you prefer. 

Thanks for all your feedback so far; it is much appreciated.

I honestly don't think any of those ideas are any good for us as consumers. It's a really hard question and I don't have any Ideas. I'm a hard core Suited Up fan, I've always regarded your caps as some of the best on the market, but I would not like any of those changes at all.

Sent from my microwave oven using alternating current

Offline tomboy

« Reply #1902 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 15:19:56 »
The only way around this situation is limited artisans made with resin direct from the maker at high "original artwork" prices, then mass produced, like 100s to 1000s, at much lower "prints" prices. I'm still baffled that no one has adopted this yet, it has been the norm in the art world for decades.

There are no "prints" for any of my keycaps because they're ALL hand-made and hand-finished.  I don't think anyone, myself included, really wants me to contract a factory to make copies of my keys so I can sell "prints." 

But I'm all for opening a discussion to hear constructive feedback about what is wrong with artisan sales and how to fix any problems.  My goal is to provide the best experience possible to someone who buys (or wants to buy) a Suited Up keycap.  There are a lot of ways for me to reach that goal, so the challenge is determining what will get me the closest to the goal and with the fewest downsides.

Some steps I could take:

Good: If done correctly, reduces the chance of someone successfully "gaming" a sale.  Sale can be resolved more quickly since orders and invoices can theoretically be taken and sent immediately.  Some fans get their all of their top choice keycaps.
Bad: Unfair to many international buyers, people with conflicting schedules, slow internet connection, etc.  The most sought-after keys end up in a few peoples' collections rather than being more evenly distributed.
Comment: There are ways to mitigate the bad effects here, but they can over-complicate the process.  Generally the bad outweighs the good here when it comes to giving people the best experience possible, but sometimes it's just more convenient than other formats.

Good: Reduces cheating. Tends to get keys to those who actually want them.  Supports loyal fans.
Bad: SO MANY fans are new/first-timers in each sale.  New fans shouldn't be presumed to be cheaters.  Gives off the appearance of an elitist or exclusive community.
Comment: I somehow want to do this (albeit in a relatively minimally restrictive way).  I like how CtrlAlt has you sign up for an account in order to enter one of their sales.  That seems like a reasonable hurdle to cross to enter a sale, along with other benefits like ensuring that each entrant is using a real address/email address.  There are also some behind the scenes things you can do to improve sale speed and quality.  I unfortunately haven't had any time to try to set up a website that can allow me to do this, but it's on my wishlist.

Good: Reduces flipping/aftermarket markup.  Some fans would rather see the money go to the artist.  Incentivizes the artist to pour more time and energy into each key, to push the "wow factor."
Bad: Increases barrier to entry for new fans.  Can lead to an image issue like making the seller look greedy or out of touch.  May reduce overall key quantity available.
Comment: I've been very happy to be able to sell keys at the prices I've used, but if there were some changes I could make to either the prices I use or how a sale works that emphasizes these good things and minimizes the bad, I'd love to hear your ideas.

Good: Everyone gets something from the sale.  Increases availability of keycaps.
Bad: Reduces the uniqueness of each keycap.  Fulfillment can take much longer.  Diversity of what is offered in the sale usually goes down (unless it is blind box, which many people don't prefer).  There are fewer sales in a given amount of time.  Community-building trading can go down.
Comment: I'll probably try this style at some point if the subject matter of what is offered in the sale suggests it.  I'm still mulling over whether this is a good way to go.

(5) Increase production.
Bad: Time between sales increases.  Sale fulfillment time increases.  Diversity of designs can go down, so each key may feel less special.

Are there any other ideas from the rest of you about how to improve fans' experience?   I'd love to hear what you have to say.  Send me a PM if you prefer. 

I liked what Booper did in her last sale, as in there was a limit (4 I think), and it only meant if you are drawn and your limit is bigger, your names goes back to the draw pile.
It feels much more fair to me than the if you have lots of $$$, you can win a lots of caps instantly with just one lucky draw (automatically winning all the caps you asked for).

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1903 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 22:06:43 »

Some steps I could take:

(5) Increase production.

I think you guys are doing a great job with RNG. I have won some and I have lost some. I don't like FCFS or GB. It sucks win I lose in an RNG but it feels so good to win when I do. 
« Last Edit: Fri, 30 December 2016, 23:57:09 by ArchDill »

Offline lovechan

• one for all,all for one,I'm lovechan,doing better.
    • HLZZ Keycaps
« Reply #1904 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 22:42:31 »
Honestly, I'm not only a fan of artists but also a keycaps-seller, so I understand that when you face a large number of the raffle-applications,how to pick the winners?

As a seller:
In fact,that's very very very difficult, trust me,artist wants to give more caps to more people. All guys/gals are really really really hot but artists have a few caps, the few againsts the large, there will always be people who can't get,right?   

As a fan:
Obviously, I feel VERY sad when I didn't get my favorite caps, I miss lots,such as ETF,Suited Up,Booper,Nava,Bro,etc,BUT after OVER my sad there's more hope to get next time,maybe there's a better waiting for you. I think this is the fun and spirit of raffles,right?

I'm a new one on geekhack,but I have deep enthusiasm,I always believe that if you really love keycaps,you'll get what you want finally,it's only a matter of time!

Wish everyone(including myself) can get their favourite keycap in the new year.

Happy New Year.

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #1905 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 23:13:47 »
Personally prefer GB method most. Making caps more special/unique drives the market up more than anything. IMO 'unique' keys should be caps with more desirable mixing pattern, not only X were made in such n such colorway. Though I can understand certain caps are 'prototypes', and I doubt mystery will ever go away. On that, a max buy of 3 IMO is plenty. Just getting 1 you like or/and being able to trade 2:1 is a homerun to me  :eek:

Regardless, no official 'answer', gonna be a matter of moderation is all :/

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1906 on: Fri, 30 December 2016, 23:42:37 »
I wanted to buy a snapper from someone, but someone else offered him $150 for it.

I was negotiating a trade with someone, and they told me what they wanted then went dark. Next day after messaging them again they came back said someone paid them $250 for two Snappers.

I honestly don't think it is the community as a whole that jacks prices up, it is the few people with bottomless pockets that do it. Right now when everyone is paying $75-ish for Snappers someone offering double that will get everything they want and take it from people offering less. Suddenly if you want anything you have to start spending what bottomless pockets guy spends. Once they figure out they are not getting everything they want, they start offering even more and before you know it artisans are $1000 even for mass produced colorways like Herr Freitag Skull.

This is pretty funny tbh. You've played a main role to the rise in aftermarket price of snappers. You may not have been bottomless pocket, but after coming back after a hiatus you realized you had some really nice trade fodder piled up. I mean, you overtraded for a lot of snappers with KBK/binge caps as well offering upwards to $100 for them. That's honestly when I noticed a change in price/harder attempts to trade for them, thus I quit trading for them as the values were being raised.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1907 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 00:05:20 »

Some steps I could take:

(5) Increase production.

And I'll go ahead and reply to this as well...

I mean, I'm not sure if this is an audience problem/or crap RNG problem. I always seem to see mostly redditors/lack of geekhackers win your caps. I see more pics of them on MM than I do here lol. Probably just a coincidence.

Anyway, people will honest to god complain so much about FCFS and we'll whine about timezones/unfairness every time. It's not worth the hassle. You might even see the same winners over and over and people will get whiny about that.

GH post requirement...KEK. Shame you weren't here for when Brocaps attempted this ****. Basically bunch of redditors cried until he took away the post requirement. Plus, they were spamming GH. And really, I don't like people who just come here for caps and then leave. I want people to be a part of the community. Maybe if new people actually had an incentive they'd learn to participate, but again, probably wouldn't work because there's this huge sense of entitlement. You say it's reasonable, but just going to be *****ing.

Raising prices is a dumb idea. Hurts everyone, except you. It does not reduce flipping/aftermarket markup, not sure how you got this idea personally. If you are limiting the audience/number of caps made as well, it's just going to make your caps more "rare" or whatever idiots wanna call it these days, thus raising price/hype. Terrible. WRONG.

Group buys, no. Too much time, ****ty for you, less creativity involved, and you'd probably underestimate the number of orders you would get.

Increasing production...yea if this is just a hobby gig for you, don't do this unless you feel like it, not just to appease people.

As Hoff stated before, why not just limit the max caps people can get. It's funny though, you could get a max of 6 in this sale...but if you were in one of the naught/nice lists you got more than the 6 Max. That actually makes zero sense. I mean, you have a limited amount of product. If you actually want people to be happy, you'll limit the number of caps won, certainly lower than 6. More people having access will increase happiness then people will have to communicate with each other to get what they want. I only seem to see people who won 4+ actively trading those caps. People with less than that, I doubt they wanna trade their winnings as hard, since having less of something seems to increase the attachment feefees.

Doesn't matter though, people will complain about lowering max caps because they need trade fodder to get caps that are more popular than yours or something.

Also, I personally do not think a lot of people cheat in these sales. A lot of these 0 post accounts are from all over the world, and many people don't give a damn to post, all they want is a username for many of the sales around geekhack/reddit/etc.

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #1908 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 00:08:17 »
Honestly, raffling is really the most fair for everyone. The best way to improve it IMO is to limit caps to 1-3 per winner, and to meticulously cross-validate emails/paypal addresses. Both of these take way more processing time to implement by the artisan maker...I can't even imagine shipping to even 30 different addresses, yet I hear of winners numbering in the 100+ range for a given sale. That is insane amounts of packaging/shipping/entering in names and invoices for a single maker. I believe this is the cited reason KeyKollectiv wasn't able to limit caps more to get more winners in their sales.

And that is the reason I wish there were some kind of community shipper similar to Fulfilled by Amazon that could process all the orders in these sales. Just imagine adding $10 or $15 extra cost to each keycap or to each winner to cover the fee for the shipper, then you could bulk ship the entire sale to them to then send out the caps.
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 December 2016, 00:11:45 by fatpolomanjr »
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline majordookie

« Reply #1909 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 00:14:56 »

Some steps I could take:

(5) Increase production.

And I'll go ahead and reply to this as well...

I mean, I'm not sure if this is an audience problem/or crap RNG problem. I always seem to see mostly redditors/lack of geekhackers win your caps. I see more pics of them on MM than I do here lol. Probably just a coincidence.

Anyway, people will honest to god complain so much about FCFS and we'll whine about timezones/unfairness every time. It's not worth the hassle. You might even see the same winners over and over and people will get whiny about that.

GH post requirement...KEK. Shame you weren't here for when Brocaps attempted this ****. Basically bunch of redditors cried until he took away the post requirement. Plus, they were spamming GH. And really, I don't like people who just come here for caps and then leave. I want people to be a part of the community. Maybe if new people actually had an incentive they'd learn to participate, but again, probably wouldn't work because there's this huge sense of entitlement. You say it's reasonable, but just going to be *****ing.

Raising prices is a dumb idea. Hurts everyone, except you. It does not reduce flipping/aftermarket markup, not sure how you got this idea personally. If you are limiting the audience/number of caps made as well, it's just going to make your caps more "rare" or whatever idiots wanna call it these days, thus raising price/hype. Terrible. WRONG.

Group buys, no. Too much time, ****ty for you, less creativity involved, and you'd probably underestimate the number of orders you would get.

Increasing production...yea if this is just a hobby gig for you, don't do this unless you feel like it, not just to appease people.

As Hoff stated before, why not just limit the max caps people can get. It's funny though, you could get a max of 6 in this sale...but if you were in one of the naught/nice lists you got more than the 6 Max. That actually makes zero sense. I mean, you have a limited amount of product. If you actually want people to be happy, you'll limit the number of caps won, certainly lower than 6. More people having access will increase happiness then people will have to communicate with each other to get what they want. I only seem to see people who won 4+ actively trading those caps. People with less than that, I doubt they wanna trade their winnings as hard, since having less of something seems to increase the attachment feefees.

Doesn't matter though, people will complain about lowering max caps because they need trade fodder to get caps that are more popular than yours or something.

Also, I personally do not think a lot of people cheat in these sales. A lot of these 0 post accounts are from all over the world, and many people don't give a damn to post, all they want is a username for many of the sales around geekhack/reddit/etc.

The post requirement just bothers me because of those who just like to lurk. I know my account is super new, but I don't have a real knack I guess to interact and post. Unless, I got some keys and wanted to show them off lol.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1910 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 00:17:08 »
Honestly, raffling is really the most fair for everyone. The best way to improve it IMO is to limit caps to 1-3 per winner, and to meticulously cross-validate emails/paypal addresses. Both of these take way more processing time to implement by the artisan maker...I can't even imagine shipping to even 30 different addresses, yet I hear of winners numbering in the 100+ range for a given sale. That is insane amounts of packaging/shipping/entering in names and invoices for a single maker. I believe this is the cited reason KeyKollectiv wasn't able to limit caps more to get more winners in their sales.

And that is the reason I wish there were some kind of community shipper similar to Fulfilled by Amazon that could process all the orders in these sales. Just imagine adding $10 or $15 extra cost to each keycap or to each winner to cover the fee for the shipper, then you could bulk ship the entire sale to them to then send out the caps.

Community shipper lol. That's how group-buys get skam'd.

And really, there wouldn't be a need to raise the costs of anything. Probably making enough as it is to just take a certain percentage of profits out to someone he knows for their time. But honestly, it's not that hard to ship stuff out in bulk, only time. If you have a label maker, this is substantially easier.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1911 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 00:19:34 »
The post requirement just bothers me because of those who just like to lurk. I know my account is super new, but I don't have a real knack I guess to interact and post. Unless, I got some keys and wanted to show them off lol.

That's the whole point though. People can't tell the difference between some idiot's alt account and a lurker account, only reason why it'd be a requirement. Plus, its some motivation for you.

Offline majordookie

« Reply #1912 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 00:22:09 »

That's the whole point though. People can't tell the difference between some idiot's alt account and a lurker account, only reason why it'd be a requirement. Plus, its some motivation for you.

You right tho. hehe xD ;)

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #1913 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 00:25:28 »
imo best thing to do moving forward is making topre caps  :thumb:

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1914 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 00:25:40 »

And really, there wouldn't be a need to raise the costs of anything. Probably making enough as it is to just take a certain percentage of profits out to someone he knows for their time. But honestly, it's not that hard to ship stuff out in bulk, only time. If you have a label maker, this is substantially easier.

Holy hell, talk about liability.  :-X  Adding another person in the chain only serves to increase the number of failure points. Unless the community had a proper person/entity that was established for this purpose and operated as a proper reseller/business, this simply isn't viable IMO. It's hard enough to trust one person to deliver, much less two. 🙈

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #1915 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 00:34:35 »

You're right to a degree. Filling packages can be labor intensive, but it's not difficult. Getting everything ready to ship is a much larger part of the work. (Making those keycap cards is a huge chore, even though I'm happy to provide them when they're done.)

And there have been others who have offered to run sales or distribute shipping for me, but there's a laundry list of problems with that -- price of their services not even making the top five.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #1916 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 00:35:50 »

You're right to a degree. Filling packages can be labor intensive, but it's not difficult. Getting everything ready to ship is a much larger part of the work. (Making those keycap cards is a huge chore, even though I'm happy to provide them when they're done.)

And there have been others who have offered to run sales or distribute shipping for me, but there's a laundry list of problems with that -- price of their services not even making the top five.

I'll take my payment in Snappers.

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #1917 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 00:41:36 »

What a coincidence you would say that... "someone will scam me for keycaps" IS one of the top five

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1918 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 01:48:39 »

What a coincidence you would say that... "someone will scam me for keycaps" IS one of the top five

Is it really a *scam* if they are simply fulfilling their part of a business agreement though? ;)

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #1919 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 01:58:08 »
Is this what you guys mean?
All I wanted for Christmas was Secret Blossom snapper, and then this dude on MM is selling them for $100  :'(

Offline 180159

• Just a guy who likes collecting artisan keycaps
« Reply #1920 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 07:15:48 »
All I wanted for Christmas was Secret Blossom snapper, and then this dude on MM is selling them for $100  :'(
If I was a maker the aftermarket would piss me off

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #1921 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 07:18:38 »
I don't know, maybe you would feel a bit of pride as well?

Offline 180159

« Reply #1922 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 07:20:20 »

I mean, a little cause you know people love your caps clearly, but you also know some people are just making a profit over doing nothing but getting lucky and instantly reselling your art for 3-4x the price.

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #1923 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 07:21:20 »

I mean, a little cause you know people love your caps clearly, but you also know some people are just making a profit over doing nothing but getting lucky and instantly reselling your art for 3-4x the price.

That's maybe why brocaps started selling then on ebay. But that wasn't very well received either.

Offline drewba

« Reply #1924 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 14:58:10 »

Just got this sick Cavalier & magnets! Cool sale Bambino.

Some feedback on the magnets; they work, but just barely. They are great for novelty magnets but they're way too thin IMHO. It took 3 magnets to hang a Christmas card on the fridge and it's fallen off a few times. I would absolutely pay a premium to see some thicker magnets in the future.  :thumb:

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #1925 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 14:59:25 »
Show Image

Some feedback on the magnets; they work, but just barely. They are great for novelty magnets but they're too thin IMHO. It took 3 magnets to hang a Christmas card on the fridge and it's fallen off a few times. I would absolutely pay a premium to see some thicker magnets in the future.  :thumb:
That is beautiful!!!

Offline 180159

« Reply #1926 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 15:00:01 »
Show Image

Some feedback on the magnets; they work, but just barely. They are great for novelty magnets but they're way too thin IMHO. It took 3 magnets to hang a Christmas card on the fridge and it's fallen off a few times. I would absolutely pay a premium to see some thicker magnets in the future.  :thumb:
I like the stickers, I got some magnets but that was just to support bambinooo, I don't really use em. I've started collecting some stickers tho for something... not sure what yet.

Offline 180159

The Suited Up Keycaps Sale Thread
« Reply #1927 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 15:02:36 »
Getting home tomorrow, can't wait to see what I got I'll send pictures right away boys :)

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1928 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 18:09:21 »
156553-0

Singularity 1 and Pierced Darkness
« Last Edit: Sat, 31 December 2016, 23:38:43 by ArchDill »

Offline iRumy3

• Steam
« Reply #1929 on: Sat, 31 December 2016, 18:55:39 »
One of these days I will win a keybuto raffle until then keep up the awesome work!

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #1930 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 12:54:01 »
Show Image

*drools*

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #1931 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 17:36:06 »
Thanks for the feedback everybody.

As promised, here's some of the Naughty and Nice Nominations I enjoyed:

NICE:
  • MaNiFeX on GH for his efforts in the Stormtrooper Groupbuy
  • busgamer7394 for helping the 16 year old kid who had abusive parents by selling keycaps and donating proceeds
  • xninetynine - I contemplated buying two of his caps during a sale but settled on just one. And then he sent me both anyway :D
  • featherflight09 because she sent me a nice message when I made a controversial post.
  • biocalves on Reddit/GH because he went completely out of his way to find artisans I was looking for... not once, but twice, then let me have them for not one penny more than he paid. Biocalves 2020!
  • Quakemz for bringing down the hammer on MM
  • Otesanek on geekhack.org. Dude has made some really nice art for the community.
  • UsualSuspectXXX, I just always see him around r/mm and he is always helpful and well meaning it seems!
  • There are so many awesome people in this community, that it's hard to chose one guy for this. I think I would nominiate SkullyDazed on Geekhack for being a super professional and very careful responsible group buy leader on the Nantucket GB. Besides that he is also just a super kind guy, who responds to every single person that contacts him with questions. He has been under a huge work load with the GB but has been nice to everyone though out the year :)
  • raenbo_lol because he remade the aerophants that got lost in the mail for me
  • mind_funeral on Reddit & GH, because he's the returner of stolen goods!
  • Zorberema because he's does a lot of charity work and is just generally nice guy who makes guides for resin casting and is all around friendly
NAUGHTY:
  • xxpaulblartxx on reddit because of what he did to that poor, defenseless Keybuto :'(
  • "Umm me because im new to the community and have been buying everything in my path"
  • chucklingkumquat on Reddit for out-meming and out-****posting any and all challengers.
  • kingrama on Reddit because I can't afford his beautiful work. :'(
  • eat_the_food for slinging poisonous fish to the masses
  • hannahpeach on Reddit for making everyone feel super jelly with her amazing Snackkey board.
  • Everyone's been good to me. Who was that guy who smashed a keybuto? He's on the naughty list I guess.
  • amosteng for hoarding the Cavaliers - also he owns a herd of Cavalier -  http://imgur.com/NFabesz
  • ripster cause he makes fun of geekhackers like its his job

Also, here's some interesting data about the community.  But what does it mean?

Hope you all had as much fun as I did on this sale  :thumb:

Offline 180159

« Reply #1932 on: Sun, 01 January 2017, 18:58:39 »
Thanks for the feedback everybody.

As promised, here's some of the Naughty and Nice Nominations I enjoyed:

NICE:
  • MaNiFeX on GH for his efforts in the Stormtrooper Groupbuy
  • busgamer7394 for helping the 16 year old kid who had abusive parents by selling keycaps and donating proceeds
  • xninetynine - I contemplated buying two of his caps during a sale but settled on just one. And then he sent me both anyway :D
  • featherflight09 because she sent me a nice message when I made a controversial post.
  • biocalves on Reddit/GH because he went completely out of his way to find artisans I was looking for... not once, but twice, then let me have them for not one penny more than he paid. Biocalves 2020!
  • Quakemz for bringing down the hammer on MM
  • Otesanek on geekhack.org. Dude has made some really nice art for the community.
  • UsualSuspectXXX, I just always see him around r/mm and he is always helpful and well meaning it seems!
  • There are so many awesome people in this community, that it's hard to chose one guy for this. I think I would nominiate SkullyDazed on Geekhack for being a super professional and very careful responsible group buy leader on the Nantucket GB. Besides that he is also just a super kind guy, who responds to every single person that contacts him with questions. He has been under a huge work load with the GB but has been nice to everyone though out the year :)
  • raenbo_lol because he remade the aerophants that got lost in the mail for me
  • mind_funeral on Reddit & GH, because he's the returner of stolen goods!
  • Zorberema because he's does a lot of charity work and is just generally nice guy who makes guides for resin casting and is all around friendly
NAUGHTY:
  • xxpaulblartxx on reddit because of what he did to that poor, defenseless Keybuto :'(
  • "Umm me because im new to the community and have been buying everything in my path"
  • chucklingkumquat on Reddit for out-meming and out-****posting any and all challengers.
  • kingrama on Reddit because I can't afford his beautiful work. :'(
  • eat_the_food for slinging poisonous fish to the masses
  • hannahpeach on Reddit for making everyone feel super jelly with her amazing Snackkey board.
  • Everyone's been good to me. Who was that guy who smashed a keybuto? He's on the naughty list I guess.
  • amosteng for hoarding the Cavaliers - also he owns a herd of Cavalier -  http://imgur.com/NFabesz
  • ripster cause he makes fun of geekhackers like its his job

Also, here's some interesting data about the community.  But what does it mean?
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Hope you all had as much fun as I did on this sale  :thumb:
Loved the sale, my favorite key I got is by far my spectral Hugo, even though it has a little black dot over the clear part on top (you can only tell if it's under bright light) I don't know how you managed to make it look so, I don't know angelic? Looks more angelic than ghostly. Amazing key.

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #1933 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 07:35:57 »
Finally got it :3

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #1934 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 08:28:30 »
FYI Nanotube is the grey/orange snapper  :)

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #1935 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 08:33:48 »
FYI Nanotube is the grey/orange snapper  :)

Sorry, i just read the album once and don't remember all the name

Sent from my Vega Iron using Tapatalk

Offline hanoipho

« Reply #1936 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 08:51:49 »

Hi quanghuy, are you from Vietnam? My caps're still stucked at custom. I guess it would take at least 2 more weeks. You get your suited caps so fast.

Offline quanghuy1200

« Reply #1937 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 09:05:06 »

Hi quanghuy, are you from Vietnam? My caps're still stucked at custom. I guess it would take at least 2 more weeks. You get your suited caps so fast.
I have contact vnpost with tracking and get it bro :) Good luck

Sent from my Vega Iron using Tapatalk

Offline ntw

« Reply #1938 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 09:35:07 »
Wishlist: Hungrkey, Creamsicle Skullthulhu, MDMAver Skullthulhu, Goo, Taka

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1939 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 09:54:28 »

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #1940 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 10:26:16 »

Offline PollandAkuma

« Reply #1941 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 11:03:18 »
I love love love these artisans! They look great <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #1942 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 11:04:20 »
Show Image

Nightshroud Cavalier by Aaron Ng, on Flickr
:drool:

Offline ntw

« Reply #1943 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 11:19:30 »
wait till u see it next to GMK Carbon

Wishlist: Hungrkey, Creamsicle Skullthulhu, MDMAver Skullthulhu, Goo, Taka

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #1944 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 12:00:58 »

Show Image

Fantastic! :D

Offline GreyAmbience

« Reply #1945 on: Tue, 03 January 2017, 12:05:32 »

Show Image

That translucent layer goes really well with the aluminum

Offline superpringles

The Suited Up Keycaps Sale Thread
« Reply #1946 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 00:30:24 »
Mine finally arrived!

Edit: Colors are Firefang Blue Steel, Hugo Strawberry Syrup, and Snapper Killjoy :)

So glad I got a Hugo, they are my favorite keycap sculpt! :)

Offline m1raz

« Reply #1947 on: Wed, 04 January 2017, 21:01:36 »
Mine finally arrived!

Show Image

Show Image

Edit: Colors are Firefang Blue Steel, Hugo Strawberry Syrup, and Snapper Killjoy :)

So glad I got a Hugo, they are my favorite keycap sculpt! :)

The Firefang Blue Steel looks great!
Congratz to your win man.
Hope more to come in future sale.  :thumb:

Offline toxicdrift

« Reply #1948 on: Fri, 06 January 2017, 08:09:01 »
:thumb:

Realforce 87U

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder