Author Topic: Suited Up Keycaps  (Read 961867 times)

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
the more pictures i see of these, the more impressed i am with what bambino actually just pulled off.. so many amazing colorways. translucent dark gray, GID, and sparkle colorways? these really are amazing
Thanks man; means a lot to me to see folks enjoying their keycaps. This sale took a monumental amount of work to pull together.

The amount of awesome colorways is just amazing. There's so many I love that I want but thankfully would have no keysets to pair them with so I can actually kind of resist for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Stevec

More cup rubber artisans! Let the floodgates open to allow for people to convert to the glorious cup o' rubber master race.

Offline raijin

• Location: Toronto, Seattle, San Francisco - constantly on the move
A bit late to the party but I couldn't be happier with the blind bags I got!162094-0

Offline footiemonkey

A bit late to the party but I couldn't be happier with the blind bags I got! (Attachment Link)

That hot kicks  :eek:

Offline rabbitfire

the more pictures i see of these, the more impressed i am with what bambino actually just pulled off.. so many amazing colorways. translucent dark gray, GID, and sparkle colorways? these really are amazing
Thanks man; means a lot to me to see folks enjoying their keycaps. This sale took a monumental amount of work to pull together.

I need to say "thank you" to you, Bambino! So much love for SUK design  :D

Offline libertycannon

Is occams razer common? I cant find any trades or sales.

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
Is that from the turtle neck sale? All these are very new so you probably won't find them just yet.

Sent from my microwave oven using alternating current

Offline swangful

I have seen a few on /r/mechmarket. Just search "Occam" and a lot will pop up :)

Offline Tally810

I have an occam's razor.  Not sure how common but I've seen a couple other than mine

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline Sarillexis

Some HydroSnappers in their natural habitat.

I looked for a blue snapper in the aftermarket for weeks.  Was an awesome surprise to get my first choice (Moondust) plus two more blue friends in the blind bags!

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
Garnet is one of my favorites from the Turtleneck Sale 

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
Is there any pictures of the Snapper colorway "Aperture Labs"?

Which sale was it part of?
There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline audax989

• NOM NOM NOM
    • Guam Mechanical Keyboards
Is there any pictures of the Snapper colorway "Aperture Labs"?

Which sale was it part of?

Aperture Labs

It was a giveaway for the snapper debut sale. "Straps and studs"

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
It looks great!

Was it a 1 off for giveaway? "RNG to 1 commenter in this thread"

or more of a gold bag type deal?

It's not even in the gallery for that sale
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 March 2017, 22:41:54 by P1kas »
There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
Re: Suited Up Keycaps - Zen Series Sale Coming Soon!
« Reply #2514 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 23:05:23 »
It looks great!

Was it a 1 off for giveaway? "RNG to 1 commenter in this thread"

or more of a gold bag type deal?

It's not even in the gallery for that sale

Aperture Labs snappers were randomly distributed to folks who purchased Series 1 Stickers and Magnets in the Straps and Studs Sale last September.  I believe one or more extras were also in the SSSS in December.

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #2515 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 23:05:59 »

I am one with the cup rubber and the cup rubber is with me...

There's been a hole in my lineup over the past eight months months when it comes to serving all the Topre dudes and she-dudes out there.  So last December I tasked myself with coming up with something new to complement the refined simplicity of Topre, Leopold, and PFU keyboards.  In my mind, it needed to be something understated at first glance, but interesting and engaging upon closer inspection.  Lots of folks out there, myself included, use Topre keyboards for work, so something semi-professional and comfortable to use were other requirements.  I have also always been enamored with KWK's Wrapped, Nightcaps' Moondrop, and KeyKollectiv's Snackeys and wanted to capture my own spin on the general themes presented in their work. 

As I searched for the right fit for Suited Up Keycaps, I was drawn in by the complex yet elegant work of wood sculptor Thierry Martenon and decided to adapt the style of his fine art to Topre keycaps.  I named them the Zen Series after the calming waves and undulations of a zen garden.

Suited Up Keycaps Zen Series Sale, featuring Zen Series Topre Keycaps and Fn sets, Coming Soon!

Offline FunTyme

• Formerly known as Edrylle
« Reply #2516 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 23:08:54 »
Looking forward to this! The purple has my eye
hbcp

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #2517 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 23:09:03 »
Show Image

There's been a hole in my lineup over the past eight months months when it comes to serving all the Topre dudes and she-dudes out there.  So last December I tasked myself with coming up with something new to complement the refined simplicity of Topre, Leopold, and PFU keyboards.  In my mind, it needed to be something understated at first glance, but interesting and engaging upon closer inspection.  Lots of folks out there, myself included, use Topre keyboards for work, so something semi-professional and comfortable to use were other requirements.  I have also always been enamored with KWK's Wrapped, Nightcaps' Moondrop, and KeyKollectiv's Snackeys and wanted to capture my own spin on the general themes presented in their work. 

As I searched for the right fit for Suited Up Keycaps, I was drawn in by the complex yet elegant work of wood sculptor Thierry Martenon and decided to adapt the style of his fine art to Topre keycaps.  I named them the Zen Series after the calming waves and undulations of a zen garden.

Suited Up Keycaps Zen Series Sale, featuring Zen Series Topre Keycaps and Fn sets, Coming Soon!

Show Image

I need to be one with those keycaps!

Good job bambino as always!  :thumb:

Offline Tally810

« Reply #2518 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 23:16:17 »
Show Image

Show Image

Lookin good as always

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #2519 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 23:45:10 »
Been noticing more "zen" around me then this pops up, great work bambino
« Last Edit: Wed, 08 March 2017, 23:53:44 by forevermadrigal »

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #2520 on: Wed, 08 March 2017, 23:49:48 »
don't own topre so won't be entering but these look very nice!

Offline superpiya

« Reply #2521 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 06:28:33 »
Time to give my pro2 some love. Cool new design  :thumb:

Offline cribbit

« Reply #2522 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 12:28:24 »
Been noticing more "zen" around me then this pops up, great work bambino

No no no you're going about this all wrong. Artisans are prerequisites to keyboard stems, not the other way around.
I typed this post on my Slanck. I also developed a stronger, cleaner, easier handwiring method.

Offline Stevec

« Reply #2523 on: Thu, 09 March 2017, 12:35:39 »
Show Image

Show Image

Whoa, absolutely beautiful! So I guess this was your big unannounced project eh?

Offline Myan

« Reply #2524 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 19:46:46 »

Is my first keycaps of snapper!

What a wonderful snapper

Offline Jedi

« Reply #2525 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 20:43:48 »
Come on Bambino, give us that topre feels.
Sick colorways, love the new design.

Offline brianjking

• always carry a towel.
    • @brianjking
« Reply #2526 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 20:53:35 »
Excited to see these Topre caps. Any idea on how soon or price?

Thanks!
TGR 910 (Healios) | HHKB BT KBDFans Silence-X | Roadkit (Cherry MX Silent Blacks) |Leopold FC750r (Cherry MX Silent Reds |TADA68 (Zealios) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S w/ Hasu BT | HHKB Pro 2 JP w/ Hasu BT & KBDFans Silence-X | RAMA M10-A w/ Zealios TINA-C w/ Cherry MX Silent Blacks HHKB BT Type-S

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2527 on: Mon, 13 March 2017, 21:06:43 »
Show Image

Show Image

Nice! I can not wait to see the colorways!

Offline toxicdrift

« Reply #2528 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 10:42:15 »
cant wait for the topre sale!! caps look amazing :D
Realforce 87U

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
Re: Suited Up Keycaps - Zen Series Sale - Coming Monday, March 20th
« Reply #2529 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 16:03:21 »

Update for y'all, the sale is still on its way!  Due to the limited size of the sale, the format will be a bit different than usual. Current plan is that the sale will be FCFS and will open on Monday, 20 March, time TBA.  Detailed info about colorways, prices, and the rules for the sale will follow shortly.

I also revived the Suited Up Keycaps announcements email list, so you can get sale notifications via email.  If you haven't signed up already, you can do so at this link:
Subscribe here.

Offline cribbit

« Reply #2530 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 16:22:28 »
Show Image

Update for y'all, the sale is still on its way!  Due to the limited size of the sale, the format will be a bit different than usual. Current plan is that the sale will be FCFS and will open on Monday, 20 March, time TBA.  Detailed info about colorways, prices, and the rules for the sale will follow shortly.

I also revived the Suited Up Keycaps announcements email list, so you can get sale notifications via email.  If you haven't signed up already, you can do so at this link:
Subscribe here.

FCFS oh god the F5'ing will be intense
I typed this post on my Slanck. I also developed a stronger, cleaner, easier handwiring method.

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #2531 on: Tue, 14 March 2017, 21:14:28 »
woah! hope im lucky on my birthday! haha! ;)

Please rng gods!

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #2532 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 09:45:49 »
Sample Colorways:

Metaphysicurple - Metallic Violet

Swedish Fish - Translucent Orange-Red

Awakened Snow - Translucent Pale Blue with Silver Sparkle on Pearl

Moondust - White/GID Blue on Translucent Blue with Gold Sparkle

Offline cribbit

« Reply #2533 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 12:15:15 »
Sample Colorways:

Show Image

Metaphysicurple - Metallic Violet

Show Image

Swedish Fish - Translucent Orange-Red

Show Image

Awakened Snow - Translucent Pale Blue with Silver Sparkle on Pearl

Show Image

Moondust - White/GID Blue on Translucent Blue with Gold Sparkle

PLEASE

Offline Eklipses

« Reply #2534 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 13:13:40 »
Is this strictly for topre stems only?
Home= Input Club K- type (Zealios 65g), Ducky One 2 Mini (MX Speed Silver), Realforce RGB(Silent)

Work= Ducky Realforce 104U 45g (Silent)

Offline rmendis

• Artisan addict
« Reply #2535 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 13:28:52 »
Is this strictly for topre stems only?

Yes - I believe so.

Offline btctopre

« Reply #2536 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 15:39:46 »
as the immortal bart scott once said- can't wait.

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
« Reply #2537 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 15:59:21 »
These are nice, someone please create a MX to topre converter so I can use these.

Offline rabbitfire

« Reply #2538 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 22:58:07 »
Show Image

Show Image

Why only Topre :((((((((

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #2539 on: Thu, 16 March 2017, 23:25:21 »
Show Image

Subscribe here.

Oooh I need that Dark Red to go with my KK OXblood mods and Red Viridian Fugu!

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #2540 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 10:35:00 »
The format of the sale is going to be modified a little bit.  The first handful of entries (about 5-10) will be processed FCFS, and the remaining keys will be available in the usual raffle-style format.  More updates to come soon. 

Looking forward to Monday!

Here is part 1 of the colorways (most of the blue/gray/purples).  These are shown with the Row 1 keys on the top row and their corresponding Fn Row keys on the next level down.

Offline tuantruong

« Reply #2541 on: Fri, 17 March 2017, 20:51:01 »
that violet emptiness  :eek:

Offline lovechan

• one for all,all for one,I'm lovechan,doing better.
    • HLZZ Keycaps
« Reply #2542 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 02:21:29 »
mail day <3.

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #2543 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 04:41:53 »
This is just part one?  :eek:

Offline neralo

« Reply #2544 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 09:14:49 »
Am I glad that I happened to be on the site today, I would have been thoroughly disappointed if I had missed this. Just hope that I can wrangle the time to access the sale while I'm at work :/

My HHKB would love to have some of those red ones. It'll match me arrow cluster.
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #2545 on: Sat, 18 March 2017, 17:38:22 »
Hey!  The sale will open at 8AM MDT on March 20.  Here is a countdown link.  The imgur album linked here gives detailed descriptions of the colorways in case there's anything unclear.  Let me know if you have any questions!

Here are the remaining colorways and some alternate photos:

Offline potatobot

• Her Endgame
  • GMK BLACK LOTUS
« Reply #2546 on: Sun, 19 March 2017, 20:14:27 »
Hey!  The sale will open at 8AM MDT on March 20.  Here is a countdown link.  The imgur album linked here gives detailed descriptions of the colorways in case there's anything unclear.  Let me know if you have any questions!

Here are the remaining colorways and some alternate photos:

Show Image

Show Image

Awesome!!!

Just got my snapper, thanks again bambino!  :thumb:

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #2547 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 01:07:14 »
Looks like I'm setting my alarm early tomorrow  :cool:

Offline Stevec

« Reply #2548 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 01:23:01 »
I'm assuming there will be a link to the entry form posted here or by subscription email?

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #2549 on: Mon, 20 March 2017, 01:30:10 »
I'm assuming there will be a link to the entry form posted here or by subscription email?
Both. Email should be distributed sometime tonight.