Author Topic: Suited Up Keycaps  (Read 961930 times)

Offline metalliccharles

Re: Suited Up Keycaps - Let Freedom Clack, Again!
« Reply #3050 on: Mon, 03 July 2017, 23:48:17 »
Wow 2 for 2! :eek:  Can't wait to see these 2 in person.  'MERICA!

Offline TelFiRE

Thanks man! Looking forward to seeing what my random cap is :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KBD75 GMK Terminal          XD84 DSA Black on GSF + Hana Matcha + Serum

Offline iliptikal

Wow! 2 random :D, excited to see what arrives!  Thanks for the sale

Offline kmba

• Formerly tameone
  • * Esteemed Elder
I'm really starting to think you hate me.
keyboards.

Offline asianboy30354

dang, no invoice :/ will there be a second round of invoices going out for ppl who don't pay?

Offline TheEerieCold

In for 2 randoms! Can't wait to see what I get.  :cool:
Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
Dang. Nothing. I'm curious though, cause I put in for randoms and everything. How did that work? People can win 0/1/2? Or were they just what's left?

Someday the RNG gods will grant me their favor.

Congrats to winners.

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
Suited Up Keycaps - Let Freedom Clack, Again! (Invoiced, please check Paypal)
« Reply #3057 on: Tue, 04 July 2017, 01:00:00 »
❤️ This sale was much smaller than the last. Nothing personal.

dang, no invoice :/ will there be a second round of invoices going out for ppl who don't pay?
Perhaps. Depends on the number of unpaid folks after tomorrow is over. There's usually a handful of re-raffle caps, so it's likely not "over" over yet.

Dang. Nothing. I'm curious though, cause I put in for randoms and everything. How did that work? People can win 0/1/2? Or were they just what's left?

Congrats to winners.
There are a preset number of the total caps of each kind set apart for being invoiced exclusively as part of the random pool. At the start of the process, every entry is screened for compliance and assigned a random number using Microsoft's RAND() function. Then orders are organized from smallest random number to largest, and I go down the now-randomized list one by one filling orders until all possible direct sale and blind box quantities are sold out.

If you didn't get in to the sale, you either were assigned a large random number by the computer or the type(s) of caps you selected (including, potentially, blind box caps) were sold out by the time I got to your order. A few people entered for two blind boxes and only got one since they also got one of their direct sale selections, thereby reaching the 2-cap maximum without the second blind box cap.

The 2-cap maximum this sale helps to avoid a small number of folks ending up with a disproportionately large number of the caps by forcing an increased number of winners. However this sale was smaller than usual, so there were still a relatively small number of winners even in view of the lowered max limit.

Hope that clears it up!

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia
You thanks for the response. And to be clear I wasn't complaining. Just curious.

I'm just hoping my rng luck will turn for laser caps. Laser is life.

Offline iliptikal

You thanks for the response. And to be clear I wasn't complaining. Just curious.

Why would you need rng for a keyset groupbuy?

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

Offline amnesia0287

• Formerly Amnesia

No like laser themed artisans lol.

I am gonna spend soooo much money on laser. Full keyboards (yes plural).

And that means I will need many artisans. Thus RNJesus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline neralo

Man some people are gonna hate me. I didn't even know a sale was coming up till someone shared the link, and I joined on a whim, barely an hour before the form closed. 

Invoice paid, I'm super excited for my first keybuto.
HHKB Pro 2 55g | TGR 910 55g Vintage Blacks | Apple Standard M0116 Orange Alps | Rosewill RK9000 Cherry MX Blues | Diverge TM 2 WKLears

Offline oscdawg

Perhaps. Depends on the number of unpaid folks after tomorrow is over. There's usually a handful of re-raffle caps, so it's likely not "over" over yet.

Congrats to winners.
There are a preset number of the total caps of each kind set apart for being invoiced exclusively as part of the random pool. At the start of the process, every entry is screened for compliance and assigned a random number using Microsoft's RAND() function. Then orders are organized from smallest random number to largest, and I go down the now-randomized list one by one filling orders until all possible direct sale and blind box quantities are sold out.

If you didn't get in to the sale, you either were assigned a large random number by the computer or the type(s) of caps you selected (including, potentially, blind box caps) were sold out by the time I got to your order. A few people entered for two blind boxes and only got one since they also got one of their direct sale selections, thereby reaching the 2-cap maximum without the second blind box cap.

The 2-cap maximum this sale helps to avoid a small number of folks ending up with a disproportionately large number of the caps by forcing an increased number of winners. However this sale was smaller than usual, so there were still a relatively small number of winners even in view of the lowered max limit.

Hope that clears it up!

I just wanted to say that I love your transparency with how the winners were selected for this sale. This seems like a really fair way for everyone to get a chance and I liked the 2 cap maximum. These new sculpts look amazing and your USA colorways were on point. You're the best bambino!

Offline iliptikal

No like laser themed artisans lol.

I am gonna spend soooo much money on laser. Full keyboards (yes plural).

And that means I will need many artisans. Thus RNJesus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh I see. I was pretty confused for a bit.

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.

Congrats to winners.

Hope that clears it up!

I just wanted to say that I love your transparency with how the winners were selected for this sale. This seems like a really fair way for everyone to get a chance and I liked the 2 cap maximum. These new sculpts look amazing and your USA colorways were on point. You're the best bambino!
It is a hell of a lot better than having to be at the right place at the right time with a two minute window and answer a trivia question just to get to see RNJesus.
VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline breusch91

• * Maker
Shweet coastal colossus Patriarch and a random!

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
Hey folks, I sent out a few re-raffle invoices to those who had previously submitted an entry.  If you got one, please submit payment :)

I expect shipping to start this weekend.  I'm pushing to wrap it up pretty quickly this time for you all.  Thanks to those who have already paid!
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 July 2017, 18:02:14 by Bambino »

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
Whoops, double posted.

Offline ensulyn

• I make sawdust
Somehow missed this sale. Bummer :-/

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
Suited Up Keycaps - Let Freedom Clack, Again! (Invoiced, please check Paypal)
« Reply #3069 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 01:48:27 »
Okay people, the orders have been packed and sacked. Should be off in distribution on Monday!

Side note, thank you. Thanks for the opportunity to get to know so many of you through these sales. I'm a guy who mostly keeps to himself IRL, and that has spilled over in some ways on GeekHack and related spaces. I've lately been making a more direct effort to engage with the folks previously only known as a name on an order form. I've been consistently impressed and humbled by everyone with whom I've been in contact. Also, I'm spurred to continue to come up with better and bolder stuff, knowing that people who I can consider peers and friends will be my audience now. My acid test for new caps lately has been, "Would I think this new thing is exciting and cool even if I won some Suited Up Keycaps in the last sale?" I've also made changes to invigorate production capabilities to expand the number of folks who can make such a statement. Hopefully those sentiments and changes are coming across on your side.  In short, y'all are great and it's a joy to be a part of our crowd of crazies. <3

Offline TheEerieCold

Okay people, the orders have been packed and sacked. Should be off in distribution on Monday!

Side note, thank you. Thanks for the opportunity to get to know so many of you through these sales. I'm a guy who mostly keeps to himself IRL, and that has spilled over in some ways on GeekHack and related spaces. I've lately been making a more direct effort to engage with the folks previously only known as a name on an order form. I've been consistently impressed and humbled by everyone with whom I've been in contact. Also, I'm spurred to continue to come up with better and bolder stuff, knowing that people who I can consider peers and friends will be my audience now. My acid test for new caps lately has been, "Would I think this new thing is exciting and cool even if I won some Suited Up Keycaps in the last sale?" I've also made changes to invigorate production capabilities to expand the number of folks who can make such a statement. Hopefully those sentiments and changes are coming across on your side.  In short, y'all are great and it's a joy to be a part of our crowd of crazies. <3
I'm sure I'm not the only person here who owes thanks to you for giving us the opportunity to own so many of your great caps. Your Snappers were the main reason I got into artisans, now I'm hooked.  I like to think we are just along for the ride and that it's exciting getting to watch you perfect your craft. Keep doing what you do!  :cool:
Matrix Abel+ Ver.Dark / Matrix 8XV2.0 (Red) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Blue) / Matrix 8XV2.2 (Caustic Custom) / Matrix Noah / Matrix Abel X RX-178 Ver.CA / Matrix 8XV2.0 ADD (Silver) / Matrix Falcon (Nebula) / Matrix Vita (McFlurry) / Matrix ME SE (McFlurry)

Offline TelFiRE

You do an amazing job dude. It would be really cool to see you some in the MechKeys artisans Discord :)

Offline sinkingstepz

You do an amazing job dude. It would be really cool to see you some in the MechKeys artisans Discord :)

I second the discord comment! And thank you, Bambino! Much appreciated.

Offline GreyAmbience

• I can stop when ever I want
Re: Suited Up Keycaps - Let Freedom Clack, Again! (Shipped)
« Reply #3073 on: Sun, 09 July 2017, 23:38:08 »
You're the best dude 😊👍

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #3074 on: Mon, 10 July 2017, 00:20:04 »
You're the best dude 😊👍
Seconded. :D

Offline SeedyOne

I'm sure I'm not the only person here who owes thanks to you for giving us the opportunity to own so many of your great caps. Your Snappers were the main reason I got into artisans, now I'm hooked.  I like to think we are just along for the ride and that it's exciting getting to watch you perfect your craft. Keep doing what you do!  :cool:

We need more people like you. Keep doin' what you're doin'  :thumb:

Offline Cavemann6

« Reply #3076 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 16:03:19 »
Sort of off topic, but I logged back into WoW after a 6 month hiatus. I forgot I named my character after the cap that got me into this hobby :D

Here's a screenshot

Offline breusch91

• * Maker

Thank you as well Bambino for creating these amazing keys, inspiring some of us to do the same, and getting to know us as well. My talks with you always go well and youre super helpful whenever I have a question about a sale/artisans/sculpting/casting. Thanks for being such a nice member of this community and its been a pleasure watching youre sculpting develop even over my short time here for the past year. Can't wait to see what else you have in store.

Offline KACHAKEYS

« Reply #3078 on: Tue, 11 July 2017, 17:05:50 »
I cant wait for my DC dominator Patriarch. love the sculpt!

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
« Reply #3079 on: Wed, 12 July 2017, 01:00:16 »
Sort of off topic, but I logged back into WoW after a 6 month hiatus. I forgot I named my character after the cap that got me into this hobby :D

Here's a screenshot

Show Image

What a handsome fella!

Offline metalliccharles

« Reply #3080 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 18:15:38 »
Mail call  :cool:

Offline KevlarBear

« Reply #3081 on: Thu, 13 July 2017, 18:25:30 »
Now this is my type of Double Dragon! Also got double strawberry (best flavor) in the included Starbursts. Thanks Bambino, these look awesome! :thumb:

Offline TelFiRE

« Reply #3082 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 02:33:17 »

Offline JMD

• All we want is happiness.
    • Mech Keys
« Reply #3083 on: Fri, 14 July 2017, 02:36:15 »
These are such nice caps :)
- mechkeys - ca -

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #3084 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 02:34:47 »

Offline TheEerieCold

« Reply #3085 on: Sat, 15 July 2017, 15:53:41 »
Got mine, they look amazing!

Offline danielucf

• Horrible Mailman
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Hmmmm beer.
« Reply #3086 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 14:13:27 »
My package is "In Transit, Delayed". Thanks USPS. Never seen that before.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

VE.A 67g Zealios | GH60 MX Clears |

Offline helladerpy

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do
« Reply #3087 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 14:40:39 »

I've had that happen before. Usually weather or  a logistical mistake

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Offline Arallu

« Reply #3088 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 14:49:27 »

Same with mine late last week, but I checked today and they should be here tomorrow!

Offline xantiema

« Reply #3089 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 14:56:32 »

Same with mine late last week, but I checked today and they should be here tomorrow!

Which kabuto is it, in your profile image?

Offline Arallu

« Reply #3090 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 15:02:38 »

Which kabuto is it, in your profile image?

don't know, it was 2 randoms from the sale. My profile picture was a commission done by Keypress graphics.

Offline xantiema

« Reply #3091 on: Sun, 16 July 2017, 15:12:13 »
Roger that

Offline Arallu

« Reply #3092 on: Mon, 17 July 2017, 19:27:52 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 10:19:06 by Arallu »

Offline Bambino

• * Maker
  • Suited Up Keycaps
Re: Suited Up Keycaps - Summer Wonders (opens August 5th)
« Reply #3093 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 02:20:27 »
Hey y'all I'm having a sale soon!

* 44+ Unique Colorways
* TMX Keybuto II, Duke II, Patriarch, and SUMMER WONDERS SURPRISE CAP
* Hybrid Format Raffle Sale Opens 5 August 2017

JUST A FEW:

Offline SeedyOne

« Reply #3094 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 02:51:07 »
Show Image

Vibrant-eyed Patriarch!? Sign me up! :eek:

Any word on if they are backlit or shimmery/reflective as the picture implies? Either is great, just curious.

Offline RELLIK

• WTB Bro Power Core WASD Set...Still...
« Reply #3095 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 03:46:24 »
Hugo surprise? :thinking:

KUL-87        FC660M       Filco MJ2

Offline bbmathlvr

« Reply #3096 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 04:16:36 »
Wow! In dire need of an orange and purple duke II. Great work, as alway, Bambino. :thumb:

Probably TeX'ing right now.

Offline ewwgin

« Reply #3097 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 04:29:38 »
That purple duke...I must have it...I must!!!!

Offline Asciana

« Reply #3098 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 04:53:20 »
Those CMYW Dukes look fantastic!

Offline forevermadrigal

« Reply #3099 on: Thu, 03 August 2017, 06:24:34 »
Need.. cmy.. keybuto..