Author Topic: [GB] Noxary 280 & 220 (Wrapping Up)  (Read 468889 times)

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
Re: [GB] Noxary 280 & 220 (Production)
« Reply #400 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 14:38:37 »
Anything to update on this?

Factory just got back from CNY and we've been discussing X60 R results in full to get the best out of this :)

How far are they along, did they CNC the cases or did they serialize production and basically that means X60R will need to be fully complete before 280 starts?

I'll ask for roughly where they're at. Some parts began before X60 R, but some are after, such as the aluminum parts so we can make sure the quality is as high as possible. You can't really get sandblasted brass wrong vs anodizing quality :p

Communication sucks so hard here....

Didn't realize it was poor, I've been answering stuff as it comes up. Let me know how I can improve :thumb:

Offline kolashnikov

« Reply #401 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 14:52:52 »
I think you're doing fine but I am under the understanding that our updates will be few and far between until your other GB(s) wrap up. As long as we are inside the PayPal window I am fine with waiting.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #402 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 15:21:14 »
I think you're doing fine but I am under the understanding that our updates will be few and far between until your other GB(s) wrap up. As long as we are inside the PayPal window I am fine with waiting.

Eh kinda. X60 R end user feedback will be very helpful, although I can guess what it is pretty easily.

It's a combination of a lot of things really. There's way over 1000 parts for this buy as a whole, which is tricky to organize, especially when all original plans go out the window.

I wish I could say, hey they'll all be done manufacturing in 3 weeks, but unfortunately sentences like that aren't realistic when a lot of stuff relies on humans not making errors amongst other things. The only real straightforward thing with group buys is the PCBs, since it's very "it either works or it doesn't" vs quality of an aluminum part and seeing how it reflects light in different angles etc.

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #403 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 12:41:53 »
Is a late March shipping still a somewhat accurate estimate?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #404 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 15:55:34 »

Nah. We've been talking about improving anodizing, specifically the color matching, since I wasn't 100% happy with their previous stuff. I have more confidence than before, but we're still going to discuss the final outcome once I get feedback from everyone.

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #405 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 16:56:59 »

Nah. We've been talking about improving anodizing, specifically the color matching, since I wasn't 100% happy with their previous stuff. I have more confidence than before, but we're still going to discuss the final outcome once I get feedback from everyone.
Hi xondat, can you elaborate on what that means in terms of timing? Is that going to push the GB delivery a week, a month, a quarter, etc..

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #406 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 17:07:52 »

Hi xondat, can you elaborate on what that means in terms of timing? Is that going to push the GB delivery a week, a month, a quarter, etc..

A month? R should be done next week so will have final feedback and can approve then.

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #407 on: Tue, 05 March 2019, 17:09:01 »

A month? R should be done next week so will have final feedback and can approve then.
Gotcha👍

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #408 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 15:03:35 »
Rs have been arriving and feedback is good. Will pass that onto the manufacturer and move forward with production & update with ETA when everything with confirmed.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #409 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 16:12:11 »
Rs have been arriving and feedback is good. Will pass that onto the manufacturer and move forward with production & update with ETA when everything with confirmed.

oh baby i see we've change from the mining ore stage to recycled can

:yeripray:
Corsair K63 Wireless | Razer Huntsman Elite
More
Hokusai | Ogre| Yohane | Mc65 | Kaze | RBB
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline superdoedoe

• ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #410 on: Wed, 20 March 2019, 17:04:02 »

Gotcha👍

It's in Santa's stocking for you.

Offline oatmicro

« Reply #411 on: Mon, 25 March 2019, 09:59:21 »
Would like to transfer my spot Sold

280-S (Split-Weights) Edition, Limited for around 20 units

Winkeyless Layout

Light Gray Color (3C Pantone) Only have around 4 units made

All details

Aluminum plate is same color as the keyboard case

Total price is what I paid = $627

Thank you.
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 March 2019, 13:36:22 by oatmicro »

Offline donut_sauce

« Reply #412 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 09:03:21 »
It's been one long ride through X60 and X60R. Looks like the wait paid off.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

As a blue gray case, mine lost the colour matching lottery; the bottom piece is more blue and the top is more gray. Doesn't bother me though; I just think of it as giving the board personality :))
Hi Xondat, is this the same factory that is doing the blue-gray ano for the 280? Are we likely to have the same color matching issues with blue-gray? thanks

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #413 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 09:38:16 »
It's been one long ride through X60 and X60R. Looks like the wait paid off.

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

As a blue gray case, mine lost the colour matching lottery; the bottom piece is more blue and the top is more gray. Doesn't bother me though; I just think of it as giving the board personality :))

Hi Xondat, is this the same factory that is doing the blue-gray ano for the 280? Are we likely to have the same color matching issues with blue-gray? thanks

Hey, it is, however they've told me the color matching has been significantly improved. I'll also be getting production samples before approving shipping them all to me to make sure this won't happen again.

Offline JFKroflcopter

« Reply #414 on: Wed, 27 March 2019, 10:38:41 »

Hey, it is, however they've told me the color matching has been significantly improved. I'll also be getting production samples before approving shipping them all to me to make sure this won't happen again.

Good to hear. Thanks for all the hard work, xondat :thumb: Really excited to hear more soon!

Offline kevinzavier

« Reply #415 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 12:15:13 »
WTS dark gray 280 spot with (gray) alu plate and 5mm brass plate for $620. Hit me up on discord Kevin#9830
« Last Edit: Thu, 28 March 2019, 15:26:58 by kevinzavier »

Offline Genn

« Reply #416 on: Thu, 28 March 2019, 14:58:56 »
Selling my dark gray 220 w/ 5mm brass plate spot. Message me here or on discord Genn#2343

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline droideggs

« Reply #417 on: Sun, 31 March 2019, 11:11:16 »
what is the current status of the 280? when is the expected ship date?

Offline forumusername

« Reply #418 on: Sun, 31 March 2019, 19:02:10 »
Y'all sleep if you don't think this is gonna be lit af

Offline homiechicken

« Reply #419 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 06:24:54 »
With the X60 R completed, can we expect wrist rests to be shipped anytime soon?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #420 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 19:41:27 »

I will be shipping early next month, will send shipping invoices/form late this month.

Will have a project update at the end of this month and detail a lot of stuff that's been happening :thumb:

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #421 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 21:56:53 »
what happened to all the photos in op?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #422 on: Wed, 17 April 2019, 22:11:44 »

xondat goes on big indiscriminate image deletion sprees on his imgur every now and then for... various reasons
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #423 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 01:07:04 »

I will be shipping early next month, will send shipping invoices/form late this month.

Will have a project update at the end of this month and detail a lot of stuff that's been happening :thumb:

Yesss, looking forward to this!

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #424 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 05:28:49 »

Not sure to be honest, seems like others know better though.

Fixed now. :thumb:

Offline roostrc0gburn

• * Esteemed Elder
  • its just plastic
« Reply #425 on: Thu, 18 April 2019, 10:14:26 »

Not sure to be honest, seems like others know better though.

Fixed now. :thumb:

:thumb:

Offline phorx

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #426 on: Mon, 29 April 2019, 09:49:21 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 April 2019, 20:59:36 by phorx »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #427 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 20:56:02 »
Was hoping to have good news but due to International Workers Day I'll get the update on the 5th or so.

Here's the basis though:

Previous colors that had no color matching issues between the two case pieces will ship first - Black, Crimson Red, Pink, and Silver. The Ultra Violet/Black and Ultra Violet/Pink kits will also ship since there wouldn't be a matching issue.

Here are some images of those colors:

Can't find a picture of the black, sorry.

I've also opted for the 3 Olive kits to come too. I won't be revisiting this color, and don't want to produce anything in it, so there is no point getting it in the second batch if the color matching might be off then too. There has always been a push on color matching, so hopefully these turn out well.

This means Blue Gray, Dark Gray, and Ultra Violet will ship at a later, currently unknown date. I do not want to deliver cases that don't match after all this time. I'll be ordering some other projects with these colors to make sure color matching is as good as possible before finally delivering this. I would rather experiment with newer stuff that has less emotion etc. into those projects than this which has gone on for a long time.

I received a good sample of Dark Gray, please compare to the previous effort.

Older case - X60 R

Newer sample - 268.2 Aluminum

The anodizing supplier said the X60 R was within tolerances, but I made it clear it wasn't near enough, and it seems like they've improved, but it is a one off and I'd like to test further.

Blue Gray and Ultra Violet are self explanatory and require more testing.

Ultra Violet looks fairly close there, but it was worse in person and I wouldn't be comfortable delivering it.

I also opted to change Pantones for some colors. With the previous factory, I chose the Pantones as I know what the outcome would be, however this factory puts out slightly different results, so I adjusted them to get the best outcome in person.
  • Black - no Pantone required
  • Blue Gray - 8181 C - changing, waiting on samples, something like 19-4028 TPX Insignia Blue
  • Crimson Red - forgot previous one Pantone - changed to 188 C (image shows 187 C, which is a shade lighter)
  • Dark Gray - 8401 C - no change
  • Olive - 8341 C - no change
  • Pink - 1895 U - no change
  • Silver - no Pantone required
  • Ultra Violet - 18-3838 Ultra Violet - changing to 269 C

I know most people will want to hear solid dates that I can get things out. For the colors with no issues, I estimate mid to late June to receive them. For the latter colors, since there is still work to be done, I'm not sure but I hope you can understand. I could deliver sooner, but I worry about the anodizing. These boards are permanent, and rushing would put the quality in jeopardy.

Also I know refreshed invoices are again close to running out, so I'd like to offer to refresh them once again if you'd like. I'll PM everyone a form that is eligible. This will be done before May 7th due to the new fee refunding process by PayPal.

Thank you for all the patience and allowing me to get this right. Memes aside, I haven't had any issues with participants, and I deeply appreciate this. I hope to repay it by delivering the best possible boards. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #428 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 21:16:30 »
the new blue gray (19-4028 TPX) looks a lot darker than the original pantone, but I guess you're saying that the factory colors come out a bit different than the swatches.  Shame about the delay again, but as you said, better to get it right in the end.

The smokin something if they think that blue in the photos was even close.  lol

The ultraviolet may not be what you intended, but it's quite lovely.
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 April 2019, 21:18:48 by pixelpusher »

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #429 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 21:18:25 »
the new blue gray (19-4028 TPX) looks a lot darker than the original pantone, but I guess you're saying that the factory colors come out a bit different than the swatches.  Shame about the delay again, but as you said, better to get it right in the end.

The smokin something if they think that blue in the photos was even close.  lol

The ultraviolet may not be what you intended, but it's quite lovely.

Yes, they have typically come out lighter. If you compare Ultra Violet, or Blue Gray, to the X60 Rs, it should give a decent idea of how the Pantone translates.

Definitely not close, but I can't really argue if they say it's within tolerances :'(

It was a really nice color, but I was aiming towards a richer/deeper purple
« Last Edit: Tue, 30 April 2019, 21:23:28 by xondat »

Offline bciamny

« Reply #430 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 22:13:18 »
i have a very serious concern. speaking with the supreme authority for all the uv/pink participants, i expect that the uv match the pink exactly. in color, hue, saturation, tint, shade, brightness, and color. anything less is unacceptable.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #431 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 22:21:51 »
i have a very serious concern. speaking with the supreme authority for all the uv/pink participants, i expect that the uv match the pink exactly. in color, hue, saturation, tint, shade, brightness, and color. anything less is unacceptable.

Could you rephrase? I don't understand.

Offline megaforce

« Reply #432 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 22:23:59 »

More
Former: LZ MX | LZ FE | LZ CLS TKL Silver |LZ CLS TKL Gray| LZ St | V.EA | Blackbird | LSV3 | OctagonV2 | Norbatouch | X60 | TX84 | Kyuu | SSK | 268.1| Jane CE | Corsair K95 | X60R | HHKB JP x JS HiPro | 910 CE |Nunu |Nunu FE | Jane V2 CE|Jane V2| RS (TKL)

Offline MyManMart

« Reply #433 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 22:26:28 »

Ultraviolet is purple and and pink is pink. Why would they match each other?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #434 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 22:27:50 »

listen i know i'm a dumbass but also what the **** are you saying
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline p_blaze

« Reply #435 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 22:33:12 »

i wish i was as drunk as you buddy

Offline Gamecat

« Reply #436 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 23:08:34 »
Had to lookup the google sheet, didn't realize there was option for different top/bottom.

bciamny   UV/Pink = Pink/Pink = you likey the pink...

Got it :)

Offline megaforce

« Reply #437 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 23:18:11 »

there is the hope of a puddys x xondat collab
More

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #438 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 23:44:41 »

we agree on stuff sometimes

Offline megaforce

« Reply #439 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 23:46:00 »

u guys r so cute uwu
More

Offline Midori

• Formerly loktrevor
  • c:
« Reply #440 on: Tue, 30 April 2019, 23:52:55 »

u guys r so cute uwu

no u

TGR Jane v2 | Vulcan Pro | Matrix 8X v2.0 | Bean | hbcp | froge | hype hen

Offline Etherealsound

« Reply #441 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 01:29:49 »
pmed a question

Offline typischt

[GB] Noxary 280 & 220 (Production)
« Reply #442 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 06:34:35 »

Those colors came up on a quick google search.

I think I didn‘t quite understand what you meant in your post: Do you think the outcome of the new blue will look more like the old blue due to their „color inaccuracy“ (or whatever you would call it)? Or do you just think it will be easier for them to get the second color more accurate than they were with the first one?
Do you have a picture of the blue X60 R?

I‘m not in a hurry and the time of delivery basically doesn‘t really matter to me. I‘m just not sure yet if I‘d actually like to get the board in the new blue color.. That‘s why I am asking for clarification. :)

Thanks for the update, still looking forward to the board!

Edit: Sorry about the weird placement of the pictures, don‘t really know how to fix it on tapatalk.. ;)

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #443 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 08:28:54 »
Hopefully we can get some estimates from them on redoing the blue gray and other colors ASAP. Really want to keep the faith here but this has a been a long road...

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #444 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 08:51:09 »
Show Image

Those colors came up on a quick google search.

I think I didn‘t quite understand what you meant in your post: Do you think the outcome of the new blue will look more like the old blue due to their „color inaccuracy“ (or whatever you would call it)? Or do you just think it will be easier for them to get the second color more accurate than they were with the first one?
Do you have a picture of the blue X60 R?

I‘m not in a hurry and the time of delivery basically doesn‘t really matter to me. I‘m just not sure yet if I‘d actually like to get the board in the new blue color.. That‘s why I am asking for clarification. :)

Thanks for the update, still looking forward to the board!

Edit: Sorry about the weird placement of the pictures, don‘t really know how to fix it on tapatalk.. ;)

Yes. The color I chose is taking into account what happens to the colors provided when anodized, e.g. they go lighter and less saturated.

Picture of the Blue Gray X60 R is in the post.

I want it close to the T60 color, which imo is perfect for Blue Gray. Unfortunately it doesn't show well in pictures, but I think this one is the most accurate:

If there's something I've learnt though, surface area of parts matter. T60 and X60 R used the same Pantone, but all 3 aluminum parts had different colors. So it's best to adjust the Pantone to get the thing I want in person with their variances rather than hope they get better at matching.

Offline bciamny

« Reply #445 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 13:28:05 »

Could you rephrase? I don't understand.

it wasn't serious. i hoped mentioning color (of all things) twice would've made it obvious. just trying to be comically unreasonable.

Offline hineybush

• * Maker
  • student of error
    • hineybush keyboards
« Reply #446 on: Wed, 01 May 2019, 14:40:07 »
I have a blue gary t60 and it's a perfect shade

Offline xine007

« Reply #447 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 07:51:29 »
Would like to transfer my 280 spot.  TRANSFERRED

WKL in Blue Gray includes 5mm PC plate, fixed brass plate, and 2 PCBs.  Invoice Total: $580
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 May 2019, 18:04:16 by xine007 »

Offline ARSLOCK

• CarolinaMech.com
    • Carolina Mech
« Reply #448 on: Tue, 07 May 2019, 09:56:51 »
Xondat any update on the 280 blue gray timeline?

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #449 on: Thu, 09 May 2019, 14:02:16 »
I've been getting a lot of questions from everyone regarding refunds, so posting this for future reference.

The factory has been paid for the order. There are no funds to refund spots.

If you do not want your spot, then please sell it to someone else.