geekhack Community > Reviews

Filco Majestouch 2 Camouflage Tenkeyless

(1/5) > >>

reaper:
Well, most of you already know Filco and the quality it represents.  Here's another one that was just added recently to their lineup.  A Filco Majestouch 2 Camouflage Tenkeyless (Multicam).  Thanks to soulfree914, I was able to get a hold of one and post a quick impression of it.

Before I got this keyboard I was worried that the camouflage print was gonna be really bright and standout too much but to my surprise, it was done in a very tasteful, subdued way.  The print doesn't scream bright color camo.  It's dark and not overly bright.  I got the Cherry MX blue version and happy to report that none of the keys ping. =P

Anyway, I'm a man of few words so here are some pics. lol

Box:

Keyboard:

Filco's logo (in army green):

It also comes with extra green WASD keycaps (I put them on already), a key puller and a matching PS/2 adapter:

Green WASD keycaps:

USB cable (also in army green) seems thicker and also stiffer:

Additional function keys (play, pause, forward, etc.):

Sleep/hibernate key (on F12):

Also I don't know if any of you notice but there isn't a Windows key on the left handside.  It's been replaced by a Function key:

Filco quality is still top notch.  There's no loose panel, bad QC, etc.  I got the Cherry MX blue version and it's still a pleasure to type on.  Here's another one to add to your Filco collection.  =D

That's it for now.  Any question please let me know and please don't ask how much since I'm not at liberty to disclose.  All I can say is THANK YOU soulfree!  =P

reaper:
Thanks rip and yeah, I saw that on their product page also.  Been trying to find some reference to "water based silkscreen" technique since then. lol

hcry4:
Need to get one.

woody:
Make a good keyboard or dye trying.

Oh, wait, that's Topre's motto.

qtan5370:
I think my is on the way. AU has really good price, but shipping is very hight from AU to other place.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version