geekhack Community > Keyboards

Co-worker's keyboard

<< < (2/2)

xsphat:
The HHKBs have those keys. Next to the right shift is an Fn key. Look at the pic closely. I have often said the HHKB keyboards have the most well thought out layout in the industry.

karlito:

--- Quote from: Mikecase00 ---Dang that's tiny!

Typing on a keyboard without a set of arrow keys and editing block (insert/delete/home/end) would be like typing without index fingers for me.  I just use them too much to do without them.  When I code, having those keys really saves me from using my mouse at all.

It's cute though lol
--- End quote ---

autohotkey.com - lol im becoming an official spokesman. but i have to say ever since I discovered it i cant get over how awesome it is.
I have autohotkey set up to where I hold capslock and just use I, J, K, L as arrow keys.  It looks like I might be able to set up a toggle mod where I can hit capslock and it turns I,J,K,L into arrow keys and then hit it again to turn it off that way I dont have to hold it down.

--- Quote from: xsphat ---The HHKBs have those keys. Next to the right shift is an Fn key. Look at the pic closely. I have often said the HHKB keyboards have the most well thought out layout in the industry.
--- End quote ---

woh what? how do you hold the function key and hit those arrow keys all w/ just your right hand?

if mike is anything like me he ofter holds control+shift+some arrow key... also holding down that function key would be tough.

Whiskey in the Jar-o:

--- Quote from: karlito ---
--- Quote from: xsphat ---The HHKBs have those keys. Next to the right shift is an Fn key. Look at the pic closely. I have often said the HHKB keyboards have the most well thought out layout in the industry.
--- End quote ---

woh what? how do you hold the function key and hit those arrow keys all w/ just your right hand?

if mike is anything like me he ofter holds control+shift+some arrow key... also holding down that function key would be tough.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, looks awkward. The Fn key should have been on the left.

iMav:
Personally, it is rare that I ever use the arrow keys.

xsphat:
I use them all the time, and they feel natural to me. I use either my pinky or ring finger on the Fn and my index and middle finger to hit the arrow keys. I even use only my right hand when I select text by using Fn+arrow+shift. That is half the genius of the HHKB. I'm a Mac user, so in the vast majority of apps, Unix shortcuts for movement work, and I am betting that is what iMav uses. I thought it was gonna be weird but when I used the keyboard, it came natural.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version