Previous Events Archive > KEYCON 2013 CHICAGO

A trip to Wisconsin, visiting SmallFry and family, future memorial plans

<< < (4/7) > >>

SpAmRaY:

--- Quote from: mashby on Thu, 22 August 2013, 11:24:03 ---Nice write up CPTBadAss, thank you for doing this. Your post captures the essence of what was a rewarding, albeit difficult day. You put into words, what I could not. Thank you.

--- End quote ---

That captain he truly does have a way with words. Reading this was touching and while most everyone likes to say 'this is just the internet' well it can't get any more 'real life' than this.

And I think CPTB@D@$$ wan't everything to think he is hardcore but he is really a softy!!

CPTBadAss:
Big difference between liking hardcore music and being hardcore. You guys know I'm a teddy bear :P

Thanks for the pictures and kind words guys.

zenuty:
Just My Tears bring to keyboard.

RIP Dear My Friend....

Photekq:
A very touching read. Thank you. I also want to thank the Walter family for contacting and becoming a part of this community. It's incredibly heartwarming to think a website can bring people so close.

I think I could run a group buy for badges with the Geekhack logo and Small Fry logo. They would maybe cost £0.5 or £1 and buyers have the option to pay more if they wish. Anything extra they pay will be donated to the Nathaniel J. Walter Foundation. Let me know if you think this is a good idea.

CPTBadAss:
I was going to run a GB with Krogenar (making the badges) and i3oilermaker (help with money stuff since I've never done a GB) but it might be nice to have a source in Europe for our EU buddies. I will probably mark the price up a bit with the explicit understanding that yes, the extra money is going to Nathaniel J. Walter Foundation. And that extra donation idea is a good idea. Let's move to PMs Photekq and I'll talk to i3oilermaker and Krogenar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version