Author Topic: [GB][DONE] ROUND 2 LeandreN plate(designed by JDcarpe) + SPRiT PCB  (Read 166961 times)

Offline seigmenn

Re: [GB][Taking orders] LeandreN plate(designed by JDcarpe) + SPRiT PCB
« Reply #200 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 03:21:58 »
How many orders have you received?

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #201 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 03:46:11 »
How many orders have you received?

60 plates

48 PCBs

50 orders total :D

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #202 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 05:43:19 »

Here is another picture for you. Samples will arrive on monday!

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #203 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 06:26:21 »
Color samples! Green & blue coming soon!

As i say, these are only color samples and has nothing to do with the actual plate in terms of features

Real pictures for blue and dark red plates coming soon!

Offline jlor

« Reply #204 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 11:41:15 »
With all the delays sprit has experienced will using that PCB cause a long wait time? Or are they already made?
He is extremely busy to get out the last orders for his GB. Fortunately, my order is separated from this and he will be able to ship the day after I put in the order for the PCBs.

As one of several people that have waited over a year for Sprit to ship the board I already paid for, this feels like a gigantic middle finger.  :/

Good luck with the buy. If you ever want to make a full size plate+PCB GB, I might be in! I doubt I will ever see the PCB I bought directly from Sprit.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #205 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 11:43:37 »
With all the delays sprit has experienced will using that PCB cause a long wait time? Or are they already made?
He is extremely busy to get out the last orders for his GB. Fortunately, my order is separated from this and he will be able to ship the day after I put in the order for the PCBs.

As one of several people that have waited over a year for Sprit to ship the board I already paid for, this feels like a gigantic middle finger.  :/

Good luck with the buy. If you ever want to make a full size plate+PCB GB, I might be in! I doubt I will ever see the PCB I bought directly from Sprit.

If someone make a PCB and case i am totally in for a full size.

I understand your concern about SPRiT, but i know that he is working on the orders now.
I am also sorry about your order, but i can't do anything.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #206 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 15:50:57 »
Packing material

Test packing

Offline 3K

« Reply #207 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 16:01:39 »
Packing material

Show Image

Show Image

Test packing

Show Image

I wonder what the shopkeepers face looked like when you came in and ordered industry loads of bubble wrap...  :D

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #208 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 16:05:17 »
Packing material

Show Image

Show Image

Test packing

Show Image

I wonder what the shopkeepers face looked like when you came in and ordered industry loads of bubble wrap...  :D

Worse to post 70 packs at the postoffice. Here in Norway, it is normal to maybe post some letters or 1-2 packs. They have to put the stamps on, luckily i have already done the customs declaration home. Still uses about half an hour to calculate price and send. Not very cool when people line up behind.

Also, i cannot buy the stamps separately because of the requirments between the price classes, there are way to many!

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #209 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 17:33:37 »
Packing material

Show Image

Show Image

Test packing

Show Image

Worse to post 70 packs at the postoffice. Here in Norway, it is normal to maybe post some letters or 1-2 packs. They have to put the stamps on, luckily i have already done the customs declaration home. Still uses about half an hour to calculate price and send. Not very cool when people line up behind.

Also, i cannot buy the stamps separately because of the requirments between the price classes, there are way to many!
Here in Germany, the Postal Service offers local pick up. So you could prepay your stamps online, print them out, and have the mailman pick up your shipments, without the hassle of having to go to a post office.

I haven't used such a service before, so I'm not sure if there are any additional costs, but it might be an interesting option to consider.

Offline von_braun

« Reply #210 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 23:53:47 »
Order in!

Stoked for my first build!

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #211 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 02:15:23 »
Order in!

Stoked for my first build!

Thanks!

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #212 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 03:30:00 »
The sample shipment is on hold. It will arrive someday this week.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #213 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 03:41:45 »
Test packing

Show Image

For PCBs, you would rather go two or three more times around with the bubble wrap and make sure it doesn't get bent.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #214 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 03:47:39 »
Test packing

Show Image

For PCBs, you would rather go two or three more times around with the bubble wrap and make sure it doesn't get bent.
I will

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #215 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 08:59:51 »
Test packing

Show Image

I will
Also might be worth not now and it does add extra cost, but for orders of pcb only might be worth getting a scrap bit of cardboard to attach it to then wrap the entire thing, its going to be interesting to see if I get a working pcb xD royal mail are never too careful when it comes to bending things :x
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #216 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 09:00:54 »
Test packing

Show Image

I will
Also might be worth not now and it does add extra cost, but for orders of pcb only might be worth getting a scrap bit of cardboard to attach it to then wrap the entire thing, its going to be interesting to see if I get a working pcb xD royal mail are never too careful when it comes to bending things :x
Ill do what i can !

Offline MarkRobbo

« Reply #217 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 09:14:34 »
Yeah, for bending purposes I think it would definitely be better to have at least one piece, maybe two as a sandwich of rigid cardboard which is oversized compared to the PCB before wrapping if it's possible to.

Offline zenless

« Reply #218 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 18:29:38 »
This may seem like a silly question, but so it is. If I solder the switches into place does that mean the plate is set in place? Or can You just unscrew the screws to take the plate off? Wondering if i could swap plates around for looks.

Offline a-c

« Reply #219 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 18:37:48 »
This may seem like a silly question, but so it is. If I solder the switches into place does that mean the plate is set in place? Or can You just unscrew the screws to take the plate off? Wondering if i could swap plates around for looks.

Once the switches are soldered in place the plate is trapped between the PCB and switches. You won't be able to remove the plate without removing all the switches. This plate does allow you to remove the tops from the switches, but the bottom half of the switch is still holding the plate in place.

Offline zenless

« Reply #220 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 18:49:13 »

Once the switches are soldered in place the plate is trapped between the PCB and switches. You won't be able to remove the plate without removing all the switches. This plate does allow you to remove the tops from the switches, but the bottom half of the switch is still holding the plate in place.

Thanks for confirming that. Wasn't sure how that worked with pcb mount switches.

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
« Reply #221 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 02:08:09 »
Sorry if that was asked earlier, but how much would it be to ship it to Japan?
10$ for 1 plate + 1 PCB :)

+3$ if you add up to 3 accessories.
Wow, props to you! In my experience the rates to Japan are often much higher.

Neat! Do you by any chance have switches too? Also when does this group buy end? I might jump onto the bandwagon if you're still selling in a couple of weeks :)
What kind of switches are you looking for?

Sorry, I just remembered the password to my GH account. I was looking for Cherry MX Clears and I ordered a board with them a few days ago. I'm looking for ZealPC clears to come out, and if the price is right, I'll jump onto the next GB round for this plate.

Offline Vaun

• ¯\_(ಠ_ಠ)_/¯
« Reply #222 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 04:15:54 »
If there is anything in the order that we like to change, how do you like us to go about it? :)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #223 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 06:11:42 »
If there is anything in the order that we like to change, how do you like us to go about it? :)
PM me

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #224 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 07:02:37 »
I have had some complications with shipping and some stuff which i hope is getting sorted out by this week. Invoicing soon!

Thanks for all the orders !

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #225 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 11:58:01 »
Got the samples. The plates are made of aluminium and are extremely light and bendable, like extremely. To make it suitable to send, i will have to add two layers of cardboard to but the plate(s) and PCBs between.
This will cost me much in shipping, as the orders are now, this will work out fine. It also helps that the plate weigh like 30g or something along those lines. If someone has some tips for packaging(i am not an expert at all) or want to cancel they order because of the freight, please feel free to do so.

Blue

Red

Bent(easy to fix, but conserning because of the massive bubblewrap they came in)

Close up

Red vs blue

Let me know what you think!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #226 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 12:15:18 »
Wow, that blue is really stunning! It makes me want to rethink my color choice...

For shipping the plates and/or PCBs, you might take a note from hasu. When he ships his PCBs, he surrounds them on both sides with thin (2-3mm) pieces of plywood or fiberboard.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #227 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 12:18:45 »
Wow, that blue is really stunning! It makes me want to rethink my color choice...

For shipping the plates and/or PCBs, you might take a note from hasu. When he ships his PCBs, he surrounds them on both sides with thin (2-3mm) pieces of plywood or fiberboard.

I really want to do that, but the shipping will be way more than i want it to be. Double cardboard, bubblewrap, "fragile" notice and thin cardboard around, wouldnt than be enough?
If we compare to my last GB, only one of the plates were unusable. All of the others were just slighlty bent. In that GB, i only used a little bubblewrap and paper envelopes around. I know these are more fragile.

Offline 3K

« Reply #228 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 12:26:49 »
Got the samples. The plates are made of aluminium and are extremely light and bendable, like extremely. To make it suitable to send, i will have to add two layers of cardboard to but the plate(s) and PCBs between.
This will cost me much in shipping, as the orders are now, this will work out fine. It also helps that the plate weigh like 30g or something along those lines. If someone has some tips for packaging(i am not an expert at all) or want to cancel they order because of the freight, please feel free to do so.

Blue
Show Image

Red
Show Image

Bent(easy to fix, but conserning because of the massive bubblewrap they came in)
Show Image

Close up
Show Image

Red vs blue
Show Image

They are looking great!
And like jdcarpe wrote, thin wood or similar might be the best choice. I guess you could get some unused pieces at the construction store?

Model M '88    | Model M SSK '87 | HHKB P2  | Zowie FK1

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #229 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 12:32:07 »

Blue
Show Image

Red
Show Image

Show Image

Close up
Show Image

Red vs blue
Show Image

Blue looks amazing! :eek:

A solution to the shipping problem would be to order a PCB with your plate for extra stability. :p

(just kidding)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #230 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 12:41:38 »
I got some 2mm-4mm acryllic laying around. Going to take a while to cut 58 pieces by hand...

Offline koyo

« Reply #231 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 12:51:14 »
ordered! ;D anyone know where I can get HHKB style cases that will fit this, sadly gon's only works with his nerd 60 pcb :(

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #232 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 13:39:55 »
Starting to build. Will finish it later this week, much to do !
ALBUM:
http://imgur.com/a/1Qe7y

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #233 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 14:04:00 »
ALBUM:

Show Image

Show Image

Wow that blue plate is seeexxxxy. Also classy blue caps lock/ctrl (whatever you use it for).
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #234 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 14:29:01 »
ALBUM:

Show Image

Show Image

Wow that blue plate is seeexxxxy. Also classy blue caps lock/ctrl (whatever you use it for).

Thanks! Its a caps lock. Same old boring.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #235 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 14:53:47 »
ALBUM:

Show Image

Show Image

Out of curiosity, why blue specifically for caps?
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #236 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 00:13:39 »
ALBUM:

Show Image

Show Image

Out of curiosity, why blue specifically for caps?
So I can hear when I activate. I also have a RGB LED under...

Offline andysun

« Reply #237 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 07:44:18 »

Does it? How can you tell, just by looking at the plate? (I don't know that much about plates yet, sorry  :p) This would be great for trying out different springs :D
« Last Edit: Wed, 19 August 2015, 07:45:49 by andysun »

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #238 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 08:10:21 »

Does it? How can you tell, just by looking at the plate? (I don't know that much about plates yet, sorry  :p) This would be great for trying out different springs :D

Yes, that's just one of the benefits of having a plate. Pretty much all plates will allow that.
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #239 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 08:19:00 »

Depends on the type of switch cutouts:

source: http://builder.swillkb.com/

You can see on the pictures that the cutouts aren'ts square but of the second type.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #240 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 08:23:23 »
Invoicing has started, please look through the invoice, i know  some are wrong. Currently inovoiced: 8 first orders.

Offline trenzafeeds

• * Exquisite Elder
  • **** off
« Reply #241 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 08:24:53 »

Depends on the type of switch cutouts:

Show Image

source: http://builder.swillkb.com/

You can see on the pictures that the cutouts aren'ts square but of the second type.
Pretty much all plates all the ones I've ever seen in groupbuys
demik will never leave.

Unless he gets banned.

Offline malcomkern

« Reply #242 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 08:51:18 »
Looking good, I think.
Paid :thumb:

Offline faxe

« Reply #243 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 09:09:04 »
I am not even sure what exactly I ordered  ;D
ISO Clueboard V2 Zealio 78g -ISO Clueboard V1 MX Clear - ISO 60% MX Clear - ISO Filco MJ 2 MX Brown - ISO is life

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #244 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 09:44:45 »
Paid!

The corrected invoice did not include the plate and PCB colors choices I had made, although the original invoice did. I'm assuming those color choices are noted elsewhere.

Thanks for organizing this! 

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #245 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 09:46:15 »
Paid!

The corrected invoice did not include the plate and PCB colors choices I had made, although the original invoice did. I'm assuming those color choices are noted elsewhere.

Yes they are! Purple plate blue PCB.

I use the order form when I am packaging.

Offline rpeterclark

• RPTR ❌
« Reply #246 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 10:02:32 »
Paid!

Yes they are! Purple plate blue PCB.

I use the order form when I am packaging.

Perfect, thanks!  :)

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #247 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 10:15:54 »
Please give me inspriational words while i do this extremely time consuming invoicing. Will have a little pause now until tomorrow, i am exhausted.

Hope you understand.

Also, please pay ASAP so i can start the plate prod.

LeandreN

Offline theanyday

• love love love
« Reply #248 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 10:23:45 »
Please give me inspriational words while i do this extremely time consuming invoicing. Will have a little pause now until tomorrow, i am exhausted.

Hope you understand.

Also, please pay ASAP so i can start the plate prod.

LeandreN

Payed, thank you, the girlfriend is going to be very happy about the purple.  ^-^
MIRA SE | White Fox w/ 67g Zealios | POK3R w/ Blues | K70 w/ Browns | Planck w/ Greens | NovaTouch TKL

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #249 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 10:32:36 »
Please give me inspriational words while i do this extremely time consuming invoicing.

"Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant. There is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks." -Johann Gottfried Von Herder

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit." -Aristotle

"We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."