Author Topic: [IC] Chononaut Lube Station by Aiglatson Studio  (Read 8055 times)

Offline aiglatsonstudio

[IC] Chononaut Lube Station by Aiglatson Studio
« on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 07:56:28 »
Hello, enthusiasts. Welcome to the interest check forum of our latest product, the “Chononaut Lube Station” by Aiglatson Studio. The intention of this post is to gauge interest and ask for the community’s feedback.

About us

As a newcomer to the community, Aiglatson Studio focuses on materializing retro-futuristic electronic designs. The studio is based in Thailand and was originated in early 2021 with three founding members that shared the same passion and desire. Ultimately, we aim to deliver uniquely designed products from the combination of art and technology that reflect the retro perception of the modern future, providing our customers with an astonishing physical and emotional experience.

Renders
Light Version
281475-0

281477-1

281479-2

Dark Version
281481-3

281483-4

281485-5

Features
281498-6

281518-7

Lube elegantly with Chononaut Lube Station.

The Chononaut lubrication station features a unique retro-futuristic aesthetic and is packed with functional features that make your lubing process more physically and visually enjoyable. The station has three main elements: a CNC sandblasted aluminium case, a plastic lubing area, and a plastic logo plate. All components are connected using magnet connections to enhance the customizability of future colourways and configurations. Despite having a compact design, the station can accommodate up to 40 switches and integrate a built-in switch opener compatible with most mechanical switches. It is a perfect addition to every modder’s collection.

Specifications and Features

Dimension: 300 mm x 150 mm x 11 mm
Accommodates up to 40 switch housings, stems, and springs
Compatible with both Mx and Kailh Box switches
CNC sandblasted Aluminium case
Disassemble Plastic Lubing area and logo plate
Magnet connection between components
Built-in Switch Opener
Anti-slip rubber feet

Vendors and Pricing: TBD
Group Buy Date: TBD

Our previous product, the "Synchronize Deskmat", IC is still live. Geekhack: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=115341.msg3104546#msg3104546
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 January 2022, 07:37:38 by aiglatsonstudio »

Offline Alejo1707

• Gimme some more caps!
Re: [IC] Chononaut Lube Station by Aiglatson Studio
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 08:31:56 »
*Built-in switch opener

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 08:42:16 »
*Built-in switch opener

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

All fixed. Much appreciated.

Offline Revanized

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 23 January 2022, 17:46:23 »
Ooooeeee I want one.

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 January 2022, 12:06:13 »
Ooooeeee I want one.
We’re glad you liked it. Feel free to follow our social media for more update and renders. Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 January 2022, 13:31:47 by aiglatsonstudio »

Offline tsukune1349

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 02:20:16 »
I love it and I'm in

Offline Sandy

• Formerly cogitoergofemme
  • Sandy - Peach Tray Maker
    • the peach · studio
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 12:50:15 »
This is fire! The form is great but i would optimize your use of space. Maybe talk to a factory and see what the longest block you can order is without sacrificing cost. Then optimize your use of space you can fit more switches on the version you have that you have slots i think.
🍑C11🍑KWA.6🍑GPK60 47-GR1RE🍑Vast60🍑Rose60🍑EHKB🍑Viktus Sinne🍑Boop65🍑Jelly60 Pro🍑Fuji65🍑Ginkgo 65🍑S7.7🍑Treasure Type-9 II🍑Thermal R2🍑Jelly 60🍑

Offline chorb

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 13:15:43 »
I hate this, it's absolutely useless and not practical to keep when not using. You don't need to make everything in the hobby aluminum and group buy. No pricing makes it almost impossible to give any feedback, but I doubt a lot of people will buy 200usd group buy lube station.

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 03:14:17 »
I love it and I'm in

Thank you. Appreciate it and stay tuned.

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 26 January 2022, 08:15:41 »
This is fire! The form is great but i would optimize your use of space. Maybe talk to a factory and see what the longest block you can order is without sacrificing cost. Then optimize your use of space you can fit more switches on the version you have that you have slots i think.
Thank you for your compliments and feedback. We will take them into consideration.

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 09:44:49 »
I hate this, it's absolutely useless and not practical to keep when not using. You don't need to make everything in the hobby aluminum and group buy. No pricing makes it almost impossible to give any feedback, but I doubt a lot of people will buy 200usd group buy lube station.

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that your extremely dislike our product. We do agree that not every product in the hobby should be made of aluminium. However, we chose aluminium due to its physical properties, such as weight and surface coolness, to better communicate the design aesthetic and form while giving the consumer a premium or luxury feeling while using the product. Despite not knowing the price, we would much appreciated design-related feedback and it would be much more useful than simply saying that you hated it. Anyhow, we appreciate your interaction. Thank you.

Offline LittleAad

• Hello
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 30 January 2022, 10:14:18 »
I like the way it looks, but I think that it will be too expensive and I would not want to pay that amount for a lube station. If price is good then I don't mind it. GLWIC

Offline misotsu

« Reply #12 on: Mon, 31 January 2022, 23:13:49 »
I like the way it looks, but I think that it will be too expensive and I would not want to pay that amount for a lube station. If price is good then I don't mind it. GLWIC

i kinda agree. i like the look of it and all, but it will all come down to the price for me.

Offline EdgeOfInfinity

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 01 February 2022, 00:34:26 »
prob not a product for me, but i do really like the design language (once again).

Offline VinnyVidiVici

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 03 February 2022, 19:28:33 »
First, i must say i really love the idea and the base design of the station.
I also like the color scheme and luxurious look it has.

Unfortunately, in this current design stage, i would not buy. Here's why:
- I do not like the layout you offer, lot of wasted space.
- I do not want switch openers on my lube station, but it's a cool idea. Maybe offer 2 layouts (with/without?
- Just like my keebs, i do not want inscritptions on top, a logo is cool if good looking.
- I would prefer to have a slot for both parts of a switch (top/bottom) on the station, not the bottom only.
- I would like the Top/Bottom/Spring/Stem of a single switch to be grouped together, for people who use a break-in machine and prefer not to mix parts.
- I would really love some adjustement legs on the bottom rear to angle the station towards you.

I am just sharing my personnal preferences, feel free to ignore them if you disagree.

With the improvements(at least to me) i mentionned, i would gladly pay 200$ for such a lube station. GLWIC

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #15 on: Mon, 07 February 2022, 01:20:54 »

We're happy to hear that you liked it. I do agree that for this design, the price would inevitably be higher than most lube station out there due to its construction material, but we will try our best to keep the price as reasonable as possible. Thanks.

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #16 on: Tue, 15 February 2022, 21:26:40 »

i kinda agree. i like the look of it and all, but it will all come down to the price for me.

Thank you. We will do our best to keep price as low as possible, but in the end it really does dependent on volume as well. 

Offline tsukune1349

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 16 February 2022, 00:38:31 »
I'm 100% in.

And I need it tomorrow  :thumb:

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #18 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 10:54:23 »
prob not a product for me, but i do really like the design language (once again).

Thank you :)

Offline cosmo10292

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 04 March 2022, 13:44:48 »
This is beautiful count me in!

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #20 on: Sat, 19 March 2022, 08:09:06 »
First, i must say i really love the idea and the base design of the station.
I also like the color scheme and luxurious look it has.

Unfortunately, in this current design stage, i would not buy. Here's why:
- I do not like the layout you offer, lot of wasted space.
- I do not want switch openers on my lube station, but it's a cool idea. Maybe offer 2 layouts (with/without?
- Just like my keebs, i do not want inscritptions on top, a logo is cool if good looking.
- I would prefer to have a slot for both parts of a switch (top/bottom) on the station, not the bottom only.
- I would like the Top/Bottom/Spring/Stem of a single switch to be grouped together, for people who use a break-in machine and prefer not to mix parts.
- I would really love some adjustement legs on the bottom rear to angle the station towards you.

I am just sharing my personnal preferences, feel free to ignore them if you disagree.

With the improvements(at least to me) i mentionned, i would gladly pay 200$ for such a lube station. GLWIC

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will take them into consideration.

Offline aiglatsonstudio

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 31 March 2022, 21:40:55 »
I'm 100% in.

And I need it tomorrow  :thumb:

Thank you for your interest. Currently, we're making some design changes, and it will soon be updated. So, stay tuned.