Author Topic: How to update/upgrade Soarer's Converter firmware?  (Read 3983 times)

Offline supermario802.1

• tinkerBOY
How to update/upgrade Soarer's Converter firmware?
« on: Mon, 10 September 2018, 22:56:15 »
Issuing the command scboot makes the soarer firmware jump to bootloader mode but how do you flash it with a new firmware via the USB?

Offline Tactile

Re: How to update/upgrade Soarer's Converter firmware?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 00:24:01 »
Is it running on a Teensy, Pro Micro, or something else? In any case, this is from the Soarer's docs:

Code: [Select]
The Teensy family have the PJRC bootloader installed and are programmed using PJRC's Teensy Loader, available for all common OS.

Other breakout boards usually have the Atmel DFU bootloader installed and can be programmed using FLIP.
FLIP is available for Windows and Linux. For Mac OS-X, see <Link no longer valid>.

REΛLFORCE

Offline supermario802.1

• tinkerBOY
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 00:53:14 »
Im using an atmega32u4 chip. Yes  I can programmed the chip initially with the FLIP(USB) or command line(ISP). But how do you reprogram it again via USB without using ISP?

Offline supermario802.1

• tinkerBOY
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 11 September 2018, 04:51:40 »
The doc  says:

scboot v1.0+
Causes the converter to jump to the bootloader.

Usage:

scboot
After running this command, the converter should be ready to have new firmware loaded into it. Note that, at this point, the converter will not be working as a keyboard any more! To cancel the bootloader mode, simply disconnect the converter from the computer and reconnect it.

Output:

scboot: looking for Soarer's Converter: found
scboot: sending boot request: ok
device: ok

But when i run it i can still use the keyboard and it does not go to bootloader mode.

203313-0