Poll

PCB colour preference, we will have colours, I will decide it in the end, but would love some community input.

Mint Blue
Black
White
Orange
Lime Green/YellowGreen
Purple

Author Topic: [GB][CLOSED] LeandreN Round 4, 60% kits, HHKB and winkeyless plates  (Read 283821 times)

Offline flabbergast

Re: (GB) Pre orders for Winkeyless and HHKB plates.
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 13:26:28 »
About the PCB questions: any 60% PCB that supports the so-called 'winkeyless' or 'winkey' layout (namely 1.5u - 1u - 1.5u - 7u - 1.5u - 1u - 1.5u bottom row spacing) will work with both types of plates offered here.

I have yet to see an 'aftermarket' 60% PCB that does not support this. In other words, all the PCBs named in this thread here do support it. To be more specific: The B-Face (also X2) from winkeyless linked above, GON's Nerd 60, SPRiT's faceW, true GH60, and all the variety of 60% PCBs found on taobao and aliexpress: 'satan GH60', 'red scarf II', 'AMJ60', ...

{Disclaimer: ordering from the Koreans generally works, the PCBs are of excellent quality; but can take a random amount of time. The true GH60 is also high quality. The Chinese PCBs are generally of acceptable quality, are cheap and tend to arrive in the advertised timeframe.}

{There's an IC for 'satan GH60' here on GH; seems to be run by someone in China close to the source of these PCBs.}
« Last Edit: Wed, 03 February 2016, 13:28:20 by flabbergast »

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #51 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 15:25:07 »
About the PCB questions: any 60% PCB that supports the so-called 'winkeyless' or 'winkey' layout (namely 1.5u - 1u - 1.5u - 7u - 1.5u - 1u - 1.5u bottom row spacing) will work with both types of plates offered here.

I have yet to see an 'aftermarket' 60% PCB that does not support this. In other words, all the PCBs named in this thread here do support it. To be more specific: The B-Face (also X2) from winkeyless linked above, GON's Nerd 60, SPRiT's faceW, true GH60, and all the variety of 60% PCBs found on taobao and aliexpress: 'satan GH60', 'red scarf II', 'AMJ60', ...

{Disclaimer: ordering from the Koreans generally works, the PCBs are of excellent quality; but can take a random amount of time. The true GH60 is also high quality. The Chinese PCBs are generally of acceptable quality, are cheap and tend to arrive in the advertised timeframe.}

{There's an IC for 'satan GH60' here on GH; seems to be run by someone in China close to the source of these PCBs.}

Thanks, this is really helpful to get me started! Now time to learn how to solder.
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline deduction

• unix layout zealot
« Reply #52 on: Wed, 03 February 2016, 20:52:34 »
I think I may have double-submitted my preorder.  PMing you for consolidation.

Now I just need to find a HHKB bottom plate... Really excited to build a HHKB with Zealios switches.

Offline flabbergast

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 04:33:59 »
Now I just need to find a HHKB bottom plate... Really excited to build a HHKB with Zealios switches.
Hmm...? I think that the plates offered here will be of similar nature as LeandreN's previous buys for JDCarpe-design plates. That means that they will require a PCB (because of the stabs and some switches aren't fixed enough without a PCB), and they're meant to fit into "standard" 60% cases. I don't think it's possible to mount these plates as a "sandwich-style" case, i.e. top plate + bottom plate + PCB in between (i.e. like Plancks are) - the holes in them aren't right for this.

Offline apolotary

• Кто-нибудь купите мои клавиатуры ;__;
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 09:41:07 »
Entered the GB, can pay for the order with more candy :D :D

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #55 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 09:42:10 »

:D

I will keep that in mind when invoicing.

Offline FLFisherman

• * Elevated Elder
  • I'd rather be fishing.
« Reply #56 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 09:42:24 »

Japanese candy is an acceptable form of payment.

Disclaimer: The views or opinions of this member are not representative of the group buy leader.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 09:44:39 »

Disclaimer: The views or opinions of this member are not representative of the group buy leader.

Who knows?

Offline apolotary

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 10:00:07 »
I munch down about 40-60% of candy I buy for sales so you better accept the candy fast :D

Offline vegs

Re: [GB] Pre orders for Winkeyless and HHKB plates.
« Reply #59 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 16:52:13 »
Entered :cool:
hhkb | hhkb bt | cherry g80-5000 | haus | unikorn se

buy less

Offline apolotary

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 04 February 2016, 18:37:00 »
Any case recommendations btw? I was thinking of taking TEX acrylic case and making another winkeyless hybrid :)

Offline deduction

• unix layout zealot
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 05 February 2016, 02:21:55 »
Hmm...? I think that the plates offered here will be of similar nature as LeandreN's previous buys for JDCarpe-design plates. That means that they will require a PCB (because of the stabs and some switches aren't fixed enough without a PCB), and they're meant to fit into "standard" 60% cases. I don't think it's possible to mount these plates as a "sandwich-style" case, i.e. top plate + bottom plate + PCB in between (i.e. like Plancks are) - the holes in them aren't right for this.

Damn, I was hoping to plate-mount the switches and handwire. Hm... Then I need to source a PCB, too.

Offline wodan

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 01:37:39 »
In for a HHKB. Turns out I'm not manly enough for the covered 1U between the 1.5u mods. Winkeyless without winkeys is just cruel.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #63 on: Sat, 06 February 2016, 03:07:14 »
In for a HHKB. Turns out I'm not manly enough for the covered 1U between the 1.5u mods. Winkeyless without winkeys is just cruel.
Haha!

The point is that the universal plates i offer, do have the availability to have a 1u winkey. Therefore, it is not offered here.

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 06:59:17 »
I'm getting a HHKB orange plate.
My opensource projects: GH80-3000, TOAD, XMMX. Classified: stuff

Offline SJHL

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 15:37:31 »
Done. Blue HHKB plate, here we go!

Offline grav3serker

• graves + berserker = grav3serker
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 22:44:56 »
Would I be able to use the HHKB plate on a V60? If I reassigned the keys via AHK?

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #67 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 02:41:38 »
Would I be able to use the HHKB plate on a V60? If I reassigned the keys via AHK?
Only if the PCB supports the short right shift and the HHKB bottom row.

Offline grav3serker

« Reply #68 on: Sat, 13 February 2016, 10:11:53 »
Only if the PCB supports the short right shift and the HHKB bottom row.
Duh! Haha sometimes I don't think. Thanks for the reply! Cheers!

Offline grav3serker

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 14 February 2016, 01:19:22 »
In for an HHKB plate!

Offline SpikeBolt

• √(4) != -2
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 07:03:32 »
I'm interested in the HHKB plate but the apparent lack of responsibility on package losses troubles me. I'm aware that USPS can lose packages since they recently lost a pretty pricey package for me so I'd like to know the shipping prices where losing the package would result in a refund. Otherwise I'm out.

Offline lashiel

« Reply #71 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 11:12:44 »
In for 2. Couldn't resist at the price. Don't really know what I'll do with them, but I figure worst case I can just sell for my money back.

Thanks LeandreN! Your GBs are insane.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #72 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 11:17:00 »
Thanks for all the kind words. I will invoice when I have the samples.

Offline deduction

• unix layout zealot
« Reply #73 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 12:07:36 »

I'm so excited for this plate.  Keep us posted!  I'm sure I'm not the only one who can hardly wait.

Offline grav3serker

« Reply #74 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 12:53:08 »
What case would you recommend for the 7u spacebar? Will most work with that? This will be my first custom, so I just want to make sure I get the right parts for it. Cheers!

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #75 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 14:18:33 »
What case would you recommend for the 7u spacebar? Will most work with that? This will be my first custom, so I just want to make sure I get the right parts for it. Cheers!
The HHKB is 60% keyboard, so any Poker case will do.

If you want an aluminum case you can get a quality one from Pexon's store, otherwise China can offer you some nice plastic cases (this is a lot for two cases). I own one and it's ok.

Lastly, there's a dedicatedd HHKB-like case interest check going on, but I don't know how many kidneys it's gonna cost.

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #76 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 14:21:58 »

I'm so excited for this plate.  Keep us posted!  I'm sure I'm not the only one who can hardly wait.

my build relies on this plate lol, pretty excited too
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Topre Realforce 87U 55g | Corsair K70 w/ MX Browns | Unicomp Ultra Classic
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline grav3serker

« Reply #77 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 14:31:51 »
The HHKB is 60% keyboard, so any Poker case will do.

If you want an aluminum case you can get a quality one from Pexon's store, otherwise China can offer you some nice plastic cases (this is a lot for two cases). I own one and it's ok.

Lastly, there's a dedicatedd HHKB-like case interest check going on, but I don't know how many kidneys it's gonna cost.
Yeah I figured any case would work, I just wanted to make double sure :thumb:

Thanks for the links! Cheers!

Offline aaron6301

• Pixel Pusher
« Reply #78 on: Wed, 17 February 2016, 18:31:03 »
In for a couple plates  :thumb:

Any chance for some purple plates?

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #79 on: Thu, 18 February 2016, 08:42:55 »

^^^^ purple

also, quick question... is there even a 60% plate that has a built-in cover/block for the windows keys? or is this just gonna be a bare kit.

thank you
UNREALFORCE TKL | KMAC Happy | LSJ Ares | LZ CLS h | NIX Sofia | Noxary X60 | OTD 356 Mini | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (Black) | PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S | PFU Limited HHKB JP Type-S | SINGA x TGR Unikorn | TGR 60% | Weaston & nachie GSKT-00 |
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | MIRA SE | TGR Alice | Southpaw Fullsize (pending shipping) | Daily driver: TGR Alice
Collection: Salamander PC, Keycult No1(OG) Salamander TKL, M60A, THE60, Jane V2, LZ MP, LZ GH V2, KC 1/60, OTD 456GT. Kepler, Think 6.5 Brass, Think 6.5 PC, T60, The Raine, F77, E7-V1 SE
Poker 2 | LZ CE | Leopold FC700R | KMAC 1.2 | EXE | GON NS87 | GON Nerd TKL | Duck Poker | Duck Orion | Realforce 87u 55g | OTD 456GT | LZ B7 | OTD 360C | Ducky G2 Pro | Apple Extended | Apple M0116 | Apple M0116 | Cherry G80-1220HAD | Duck Octagon | HHKB Pro 2 | Duck Unicorn | LZ B8 | LZ RE | ENVKX | OTD 456GT | LZ FE | HHKB Type S | TX1800| Duck Orion V2 | LZ FE | KPad | KMAC Happy | ENVKX | LZ RV | KMAC 2 | Whale | Dolphin | EM7 | TGR Jane | VE.A | DK Saver | Matrix 10xv1.0 | Whale | HHKB BT | Dolphin v2 | EM7 v2 | SSK | SSK (Blue Label) | LZ SQ | Duck Octagon v2 | TX84 | GON Mobik | TX-CP | LZ Ergo2 | KMAC Happy HHKB | TGR 910 | TGR Tris | Matrix 8xv1.2 | KMAC Mini | Mira | Fjell | 356mini | Dolphin GH | EM7 GH | TARO EXENT | Masterkey Pro L Crysta l OTD Koala | Duck Viper | Keycult no.1 | 356mini | 356pad | Matrix 8xv2.0 | 420cl | Matrix 8xv1.0 | Whale Special | Poly Dolphin | Keycult No.2 | FMJ80 | Singa R2 Quickfire Pro | TADA 68 | Novatouch | Whitefox | Octagon v1 | Blackbird | HHKB Pro 2 | KBD75 | VE.A | X60 | Canoe | HHKB Pro 1 | FJELL | Revo One | ALPS64 | Lightsaver v3 | IBM 5140 WKL | Realforce 87u | MIRA SE | Duck Poker | Canoe | Moon | Weaven | M65-A | EXENT | Wooden Planck | Tokyo60| Viper v1 | E6-v2 | IBM SSK | CA66 | TX-CP | SINGA | TGR Alice | FJELL R2 | Klippe | JER-A06 | GSKT-00 | M60-A | Realforce 84u | AL1 | Keycult No. 1 | SaiB-CP | G81-3077SAU | DC60 | Realforce 84ub | TMO50 | G80-1800 | Leaf 80 | LZ GH-v2 | T60 | LZ MP | KMAC Happy | TGR-910RE (Al) | TGR-910RE (PC) | SKB60 | UNIKORN | TGR Jane v2 | Xeno

Offline deduction

• unix layout zealot
« Reply #80 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 10:16:23 »

^^^^ purple

also, quick question... is there even a 60% plate that has a built-in cover/block for the windows keys? or is this just gonna be a bare kit.

thank you

The HHKB-style plates in this preorder will have blocks.

Offline Auxo

• Formerly CJD_Anthony
« Reply #81 on: Fri, 19 February 2016, 15:12:27 »

^^^^ purple

thank you

The HHKB-style plates in this preorder will have blocks.

Err im an idiot. I meant case not plate.
Is there a 60% non hhkb case that had a block built into the case?i know some custom made aluminum tkls does But I've never seen a 60%

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 04:46:00 »
Is it possible to change my pre-order options? I pre-ordered a red plate, want to get a blue one instead.
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 22 February 2016, 05:11:00 »
Is there a 60% non hhkb case that had a block built into the case?
There's an interest check for such case. Read more here.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #84 on: Fri, 26 February 2016, 04:03:38 »
Hi. Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm going to merge the winkeyless and HHKB buy into this round 4. Any orders for winkeyless and HHKB plates can be edited or cancelled now if you want. Still waiting for samples...

LeandreN

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #85 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 19:33:22 »
In for 2. Couldn't resist at the price. Don't really know what I'll do with them, but I figure worst case I can just sell for my money back.

Thanks LeandreN! Your GBs are insane.

I'm in the same boat, man.

Offline WNovizar

Re: [GB] LeandreN Round 4, 60% kits, HHKB and winkeyless plates
« Reply #86 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 20:55:50 »
Hey, how can I join the GB? I remembered I filled the IC form, but where is the GB form?

Also, do you sell blue ANSI WKL plate
I like mechanical keyboards

Offline grav3serker

« Reply #87 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 21:34:32 »
I might be interested in some Gaterons as well. What's the possibility, and what would the options be? All flavors?

Offline Fullcream

« Reply #88 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 22:51:54 »
Hey, how can I join the GB? I remembered I filled the IC form, but where is the GB form?

I am also wondering this. There is only a pre order form under the old info. And the other thread which was directed over here for the merge only had an IC form.

Offline grav3serker

« Reply #89 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 22:54:51 »

I am also wondering this. There is only a pre order form under the old info. And the other thread which was directed over here for the merge only had an IC form.

The first line of the updated post:

More info coming soon. Merging round 4 and HHKB & winkeyless plates. 

:thumb:

Offline Liam

« Reply #90 on: Mon, 29 February 2016, 23:27:17 »
Waiting for round 5 with white PCB (maybe). ;D
Btw those stab are just for spacebar only or include the others too?
IBM Model M - Leopold 750r - Custom Numpad

Offline Jumie

« Reply #91 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 00:17:51 »
Waiting for round 5 with white PCB (maybe). ;D
Btw those stab are just for spacebar only or include the others too?

If u buy the stabs, it will come in a set. 7u is optional if u want to build winkeyless layout.

Offline Kalp1

« Reply #92 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 04:41:39 »
in for some gateron too,
+basic plate, PCB and Stab

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 07:15:44 »
Double check: The backspace could be either 2u or splitted? and the right shift should be splitted, right? Sorry if this had been already answered.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 07:16:44 »
Double check: The backspace could be either 2u or splitted? and the right shift should be splitted, right? Sorry if this had been already answered.
Yes.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #95 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 07:25:26 »
Yes.

Thank you very much.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 09:11:22 »
You better order a lot of PCBs. 100pcs MOQ. 50 for each colour. If we could balance the colors, that would be a dream come true.

Offline Spaceman1200

« Reply #97 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 09:13:23 »
I'd be in for a orange pcb with orange plate :D

Offline TalkingTree

• My projects
« Reply #98 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 10:30:45 »
MOQ 50 for each colour.
Which colours will you be offering in the end? Orange and Black?

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #99 on: Tue, 01 March 2016, 10:31:43 »
MOQ 50 for each colour.
Which colours will you be offering in the end? Orange and Black?

Yes.