Author Topic: [Preview] BumbleBee Set  (Read 138737 times)

Offline KeyPop

• www.KeyPop.net [키팝.net]
    • KeyPop.net
[Preview] BumbleBee Set
« on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 00:49:57 »
Just a sneak peek on the set we've been working on lately..

We're currently at 70%!
We WILL be hosting a groupbuy for this particular set! Stay tuned! So far we have planned to include some special poly carbonate keycaps in this set(Not guaranteed but we're trying our best!). The polycarbonate keycaps are not included in this preview but we assure you it will be glorious.

Colors and designs may not be final! Overall some legends ARE missing so please don't jump to conclusions!
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 June 2013, 01:52:03 by KeyPop »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: [Preview] BumbleBee Set
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 00:51:00 »
WHERE DO I SIGN UP FOR THIS? ? ? ? ? ? ?

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Making it a full-sized set is definitely a bonus!
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 June 2013, 00:54:56 by rowdy »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline okooko

• afk.
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 00:54:30 »
WHERE DO I SIGN UP FOR THIS??????????//??/

My Black 84LZGH approves.

Not sure what the comfort level for typing on such yellow keys.
I'd imagine a less brighter yellow would reduce eye strain

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 00:55:20 »
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline KeyPop

• KeyPop.net
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 00:58:54 »

We're currently testing out some color schemes and assure you that the actual final colors will be different than shown in the preview :]

Offline Hades

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 01:00:14 »
Black and yellow, black and yellow; please preview the polycarbonate key caps as well!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 01:03:55 »

We're currently testing out some color schemes and assure you that the actual final colors will be different than shown in the preview :]

Awww how much different?

Most yellows are not quite yellow.

The Filco is orangeish.

WASD is very pale.

The Hazard Set was the closest to yellow yellow.

According to HTML colour grabber, the above pic is #fff200, which is only slightly less yellow than #ffff00.  BUt TBH looks fantastic! :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline KeyPop

• KeyPop.net
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 01:10:34 »

Awww how much different?

The Filco is orangeish.

WASD is very pale.

According to HTML colour grabber, the above pic is #fff200, which is only slightly less yellow than #ffff00.  BUt TBH looks fantastic! :)

We'd personally like it to be the same color as our awesome face keycaps/chickobo/yellow smile! to allow consumers a wider variety of customization but if the yellow proves to be too bright, we're looking more towards a gold color.

Offline Sai

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 01:12:20 »
i knew it. Rowdy would be the 1st to post.  :))

the set looks nice. i'll definitely be watching this thread.  ;)
- WTB/WTT - Cotton Candy Brobot V2

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 01:16:24 »

Awww how much different?

The Filco is orangeish.

WASD is very pale.

We'd personally like it to be the same color as our awesome face keycaps/chickobo/yellow smile! to allow consumers a wider variety of customization but if the yellow proves to be too bright, we're looking more towards a gold color.

Excellent!

I have most of those, as pictured here:

http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=37012.msg790908#msg790908

The Smile! yellow in particular is almost exactly the same as the Awesome and Hazard Set - and that is very yellow.  probably not quite as yellow yellow as the mockup in the OP, but more yellow than Filco.

Offline KeyPop

• KeyPop.net
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 01:38:02 »
One of the legends we are working on and plan to include

We put the logo on the design purposely to help protect it from being stolen.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 June 2013, 01:42:27 by KeyPop »

Offline KeyPop

• KeyPop.net
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 01:51:52 »
Heres a new updated version

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 01:59:23 »
Hmmm i'm leaning towards the F5-F8 being F5-F8, and just print/scroll/pause as the skull/crossbones logo?

Your call, obviously :)

Still loving the colour hehe

Offline KeyPop

• KeyPop.net
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 02:01:33 »
Hmmm i'm leaning towards the F5-F8 being F5-F8, and just print/scroll/pause as the skull/crossbones logo?

We'll be including the original F5-F8 Keys in addition to the skull/crossbones(killerbee) logo keycaps! :]

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 02:12:35 »

We'll be including the original F5-F8 Keys in addition to the skull/crossbones(killerbee) logo keycaps! :]

Fantastic!

Couldn't ask for more :)

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #15 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 03:20:14 »
What about a yellow on black wu-tang bee too???? It could be the Killa Bee's set.
Looking for CC's!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #16 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 04:45:49 »
Heres a new updated version
Show Image

Very nice.

Especially the Tsangan kit.

Would love to get in on this one.  Haven't had an all Yellow and Black set.  It would be even better if you did enable an all Polycarbonate set that will stand out further in an already crowded Key-set market.

I personally don't think there was ever a full polycarbonate set made thus yet, maybe yours could be the first one to break that frontier.

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #17 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 04:47:53 »
This isn't going to be a full poly set. It'll have some poly keys though.
Looking for CC's!

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #18 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 04:52:11 »
oooooooooo all over this
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #19 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 07:02:16 »

Damn, I was hoping for a complete set.

Remember this is a homage to the autobot 'Bumblebee' hence it has to made out of the toughest plastic.  This character needs to be extremely strong and able to take the greatest amount of abuse and torture but still save everyone else out there.

Polycarbonate should be the material for this set.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 June 2013, 07:03:53 by Elrick »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #20 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 07:06:55 »
Always good to see more key sets being dreamed up!!!

Offline Turbo Slaab

« Reply #21 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 07:43:19 »

Damn, I was hoping for a complete set.

Remember this is a homage to the autobot 'Bumblebee' hence it has to made out of the toughest plastic.  This character needs to be extremely strong and able to take the greatest amount of abuse and torture but still save everyone else out there.

Polycarbonate should be the material for this set.

I agree! But I think someone else has the rights to the first complete poly set.

Either way, it's a good looking set.
Looking for CC's!

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #22 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 08:49:34 »
Do want!
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #23 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:21:16 »
seems as though no one has yet mentioned the elephant in the room thnaks to everyone's focus on the bumblebee.

HOw much is it expected to cost?

It's going to be a deal breaker if anything over $90 for me. I might as well pay a bit more and get a new keyboard with some nice switch.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline IPT

• Formerly projectD
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #24 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:26:49 »
is the windows flag definite?  or will there possibly be another modifier available?
personally i'd go windows 8 key over the flag myself lol

Offline blueasjim

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:31:34 »
This looks amazing!
Vortex KBT PURE [MX Red] | CM Storm [MX Blue] | CM Storm [MX Red]

Offline whiteduck

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 09:35:04 »
Wow- awesome.  I'm in for sure!!!
-wd

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 11:25:50 »
Black and yellow! Black and yellow!

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #28 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 11:34:37 »
Black yellow, very nice color combo.

Do you know the color codes that you will be using?

"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline KeyPop

• KeyPop.net
« Reply #29 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 11:47:45 »
Black yellow, very nice color combo.

Do you know the color codes that you will be using?

For now we're aiming towards NN/YY (using SP ABS Color Codes) so that other users can mix and match our other yellow keycaps onto the set if needed.
It is the exact same color scheme as the Yellow Awesome Face keycaps, Yellow Smile! Keycap, and the Chickoco Keycap.

We are open to suggestions of different colors like a more dark golder tone!

is the windows flag definite?  or will there possibly be another modifier available?
personally i'd go windows 8 key over the flag myself lol

We can change it to the windows 8 key if you guys like :]

seems as though no one has yet mentioned the elephant in the room thnaks to everyone's focus on the bumblebee.

HOw much is it expected to cost?

It's going to be a deal breaker if anything over $90 for me. I might as well pay a bit more and get a new keyboard with some nice switch.

Unfortunately we cannot give an estimated/expected cost because this will be released as a group buy exclusive and the price is directly proportional to the amount ordered. Rest assured it will most likely be well under $90 for a basic 87 key setup.
« Last Edit: Tue, 25 June 2013, 11:51:11 by KeyPop »

Offline TimIsABat

• MX Clears are life
    • Instagram
« Reply #30 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 14:32:03 »
This is dope actually. I would actually ditch my full black blank PBTs for this...Yellow isn't even my favorite color
Leopold FC660M MX Reds | Poker X 62g  Ergoclear modded and plate modded (out of comission) | IBM Model M 1391401 | Dell AT101 | Compaq RT101 | HHKB Pro 2 | WASD CODE TKL MX Clears

Avid vape collector and advocate. I used to work at to renowned vape shops here in New Jersey. Message me for any vape related questions.

Main driver : WASD CODE TKL MX Clear

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #31 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 15:13:57 »

For now we're aiming towards NN/YY (using SP ABS Color Codes) so that other users can mix and match our other yellow keycaps onto the set if needed.
It is the exact same color scheme as the Yellow Awesome Face keycaps, Yellow Smile! Keycap, and the Chickoco Keycap.

Unfortunately we cannot give an estimated/expected cost because this will be released as a group buy exclusive and the price is directly proportional to the amount ordered. Rest assured it will most likely be well under $90 for a basic 87 key setup.

No no no!  Keep it as the Smile! yellow, it is so nice :)

Only 87?  Will a numpad option be available?

Offline KeyPop

• KeyPop.net
« Reply #32 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 15:15:26 »

No no no!  Keep it as the Smile! yellow, it is so nice :)

Only 87?  Will a numpad option be available?

Everything will be included ;]

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #33 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 16:00:33 »
What legends will you be using? Am I the only one here that would think charcoal or dark grey would look better than black?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #34 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 16:31:44 »
What legends will you be using? Am I the only one here that would think charcoal or dark grey would look better than black?

I agree.  Some textured dark gray would be cool with yellow.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline nokcha

• www.Keypop.net [키팝.net]
« Reply #35 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 17:31:15 »

How about a mixture between the Dolch Gray and Yellow? :]

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #36 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 17:37:42 »
I think the window key should be the honeycomb legend, ctrl should be text and ditch the M$ logo. Or, at least a 1.25x option for window/super.

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #37 on: Tue, 25 June 2013, 19:05:33 »

That's probably more coherent.  Black is very stark with a bright color next to it.  Dark gray will have some tone and blend a bit better. 

Offline bianco

« Reply #38 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 06:08:10 »
looks nice!
is that the final bee (esc) key design? at glance it resembles more of a wasp than bee
would also prefer the boxy windows logo than the wavy version but if there some other design/logo, much better!
but then, it could just be me

don't mind me though, i'm definitely in for this one  ;)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 06:32:05 »

Oh GOD NO!!!

Please anything else but that awful 8 logo.  Remember that Millions in the WORLD that will never use Windows 8, they out number the 8 users almost 1000000 to 1.

So design and/or use something other than Windows 8 logo on that key.  It's almost like pure abuse to use that foul OS logo over everyone's wishes  >:( .

Please forgive my hatred for this OS but there you go, there is someone out there that really hates their current operating system.  I have tried to like it, have installed it onto numerous PC's but I have come to the sad conclusion that Windows 7 still stands head and shoulders way above this current OS.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 June 2013, 06:48:00 by Elrick »

Offline GeeNDL82

« Reply #40 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 07:46:48 »
look great :D
Vietnam Mechanical Keyboard Club: http://vietnammechkey.com/

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #41 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 08:02:04 »

Oh GOD NO!!!

Please anything else but that awful 8 logo.  Remember that Millions in the WORLD that will never use Windows 8, they out number the 8 users almost 1000000 to 1.

So design and/or use something other than Windows 8 logo on that key.  It's almost like pure abuse to use that foul OS logo over everyone's wishes  >:( .

Please forgive my hatred for this OS but there you go, there is someone out there that really hates their current operating system.  I have tried to like it, have installed it onto numerous PC's but I have come to the sad conclusion that Windows 7 still stands head and shoulders way above this current OS.

<-- switched to windows 8 after years of windows 7.  And I use other operating systems, like UNIX at work, Linux in VMs, etc.  W8 really grew on me and does not hinder my productivity (generally the opposite).

Offline CommunistWitchDr

• >implying keyboards
« Reply #42 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 08:08:00 »
Windows 8 sucks, but I will say it is at least better than 7 since it at least tried to make a package manager, sort of. Not a very good one, more like a phone app store for the desktop, but still something.

An operating system without a bloody proper package manager isn't worth the dvd it's burnt to.

Online HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #43 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 08:30:20 »
very nice set keypop !!
i'll be waiting for this one
instead of your coffee set  ;)

Offline zenuty

• WTS : Duck, Pla, Acrylic 3 Pokers
« Reply #44 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 09:53:23 »
Please insert Ctrl key...  :-X

or

Please change Alt to Logo keys

i have coffee set
but i dont understand why not exsist ctrl
only exsist Alt key  :(

Alt key alone put on my keyboard. verry sad.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 June 2013, 09:55:58 by zenuty »
LINE ID : zenuty
Skype ID : zenuty
www.facebook.com/zenuty

Offline DarSee

« Reply #45 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 09:54:14 »

That's probably more coherent.  Black is very stark with a bright color next to it.  Dark gray will have some tone and blend a bit better.

But the contrast is part of the beauty of the black and yellow combo. 

Offline nokcha

• www.Keypop.net [키팝.net]
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 10:49:43 »
How about moving the honeycomb icon from the Ctrl key to the Windows key instead?

Offline oluf

• formerly olaph
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 11:04:03 »
How about moving the honeycomb icon from the Ctrl key to the Windows key instead?

Agreed! That's what I would like to see as well! =)

I vote for no corporate logos at all.. Or, at least a 1.25x option for for those of us that do not want mega-corp logos on our custom sets.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 14:09:56 »
Also, can we have an option for an all-yellow set, including the mods?
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #49 on: Wed, 26 June 2013, 15:04:11 »

Excellent idea! :)