Author Topic: Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel  (Read 5784 times)

Offline Nighted

Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel
« on: Mon, 12 December 2011, 16:25:58 »

Anyone here have any experience with this product?

I'm mainly interested in getting this for PC use and want to get some feedback/opinions.
^ 100% teleprompter free.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Nighted

« Reply #1 on: Fri, 16 December 2011, 16:48:35 »
Well then...

...I'll just have to go get one and fire up Dirt 3 and see if it works as well as some of the reviews say.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline bienc

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 16 December 2011, 18:01:31 »
Wireless doesn't sound appealing if you want to get into some true driving sim. Does it come with pedals at all? If you want PC and Xbox compatible wheels, look into Fanatec. They're pricey but really high quality.
| Rosewill RK-9000RE |

Offline Nighted

« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 December 2011, 19:22:06 »
Yeah, I think you're right but I think this sounds interesting right now. From what I've read, it's not that bad at all and certainly a lot better than using a controller. I'm pretty sure there are no pedals.

I'll look into Fanatec. It's nice to know something to look at other than Logitech. I have no luck with Logitech lasting more than a few months.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline YpoCaramel

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 17 December 2011, 00:23:47 »
Well I'm interested in this as a solution for more casual gaming in small apartments without the storage space for a proper wheel, assuming it beats using a gamepad. Too bad it doesn't have a stand/mini-pedals option. The next small wheel I know is the hori.
Keyboards: IBM Model M M13, Filco Majestouch Tactile 104, PS3 Wireless Keypad, Logitech Dinovo mini
Other Input Devices In Use: Logitech G9, Razer Orochi, Fragnstein, MX Air, Orbita
Not on hand: Evoluent Vertical Mouse, Logitech G5, Razer Diamondback, Wacom Graphire 3

Offline turbocharged

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 17 December 2011, 08:47:20 »
Quote from: Nighted;472522
It's nice to know something to look at other than Logitech. I have no luck with Logitech lasting more than a few months.

Also look at the Thrustmaster T500RS (PC/PS3 only...no XBox compatibility). It is what I use (with a G27 shifter) and I much prefer it to Fanatec (who I have heard have horrible customer service).

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 35271[/ATTACH]

A lot of people have had very good luck with the Logitech DFGT and G27 wheels...they are to driving wheels what the G5 was to gaming mice...the industry standard and quite robust. If you are fine with no clutch or h-pattern shifter (just brake/gas and a bump shifter), the DFGT is 100% the way to go over anything else on the market. It's almost stupid not to buy it for $85. I have used this setup at a friends house...the pedals aren't great, but the wheel is quite good. If you must have a clutch and or h-shifter, then G27 is generally your best bet.
« Last Edit: Sat, 17 December 2011, 08:55:10 by turbocharged »
| Deck Legend Fire (MX Blacks) | KBC Poker X (MX Reds) | Cherry G80-11900LTMUS (MX Clears) |  Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (MX "Ghetto Reds")
| IBM Model M 1391401 (BS) | Goldtouch GTC-0033 Keypad (MX Browns) |

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline bienc

« Reply #6 on: Sat, 17 December 2011, 19:39:56 »
Geez, I just realized that you're not mainly doing Xbox games. I'd recommend a G27 for the paddle shifter and the H-shifter (if you like it instead). I own it and I love it. I believe there should be some deals going on and I saw a G27 going for $200 a couple of days ago.

A DriveForce GT is also a good option if you don't need/want the paddle shifts.

I found myself hating using the clutch and H-shift, at least in GT5, because the clutch and H-Shift is finicky in-game. I also played a lot of F1 2010 before GT5 so the paddle shifts and left-foot braking became second nature for me. It's compatible with PC and PS3. Logitech can be hit and miss on some products, but their wheels are top notch and I've heard great customer service stories with them.
| Rosewill RK-9000RE |

Offline Nighted

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 17 December 2011, 21:19:51 »
Lots of nice setups and hardware here. Definitely something I may be interested in some day.

For now I just want a casual wheel that adds a bit more immersive experience than my xbox controller.

My machine is also used for code development so I don't want a ton of gaming hardware all over my desk when I feel like coding.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline turbocharged

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 18 December 2011, 00:34:53 »
Quote from: Nighted;473013
Lots of nice setups and hardware here. Definitely something I may be interested in some day.

For now I just want a casual wheel that adds a bit more immersive experience than my xbox controller.

My machine is also used for code development so I don't want a ton of gaming hardware all over my desk when I feel like coding.

Then I definitely recommend the Logitech DFGT...you won't be disappointed...esp. for the money.

Also, all the wheels feature very quick mounting/unmounting. Just keep it under your desk when not in use.
| Deck Legend Fire (MX Blacks) | KBC Poker X (MX Reds) | Cherry G80-11900LTMUS (MX Clears) |  Cherry G80-11900HRMUS (MX "Ghetto Reds")

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Nighted

« Reply #9 on: Sun, 18 December 2011, 00:54:07 »
I really was just interested in trying that wireless wheel. Now I don't know what to do. You guys really aren't making this easy! lol

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline bienc

« Reply #10 on: Sun, 18 December 2011, 01:57:51 »
A wheel by itself is ok, but it's nothing without pedals. At least with a DFGT, you'll have the racing experience instead of holding buttons for gas and brake.
| Rosewill RK-9000RE |

Offline turbocharged

« Reply #11 on: Sun, 18 December 2011, 08:55:28 »
Quote from: bienc;473122
A wheel by itself is ok, but it's nothing without pedals. At least with a DFGT, you'll have the racing experience instead of holding buttons for gas and brake.

100% agree

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline bienc

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 15:20:34 »
Let us know what you ultimately decide on getting!
| Rosewill RK-9000RE |

Offline Nighted

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 20 December 2011, 22:30:56 »
Well guys, for now I think I'll try this wireless thing out. It looks fun as hell and from what others around the nets have been saying it is a blast. Gotta do some shopping on Thursday so I'll snag one then.

If I ever get the hard core wheel/shifter/pedal set up, I might as well go all the way and get the frame with the chair as well. Maybe even weld one together myself.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]