Author Topic: [IC] Deku Switches  (Read 6743 times)

Offline RivieraS

• Yutop
[IC] Deku Switches
« on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 11:16:53 »
Deku Switches

Hi everyone,

Here to announce Deku Switches.

Manufactured by JWK!
BUT there are no problems of loose housings.
They are modified according to the advice given by Scucka .They match the colors of GMK Deku.
Although it’s difficult to show its original color through photos.
If you are interested, please leave your comments and I will start the GB soon.
Thank you!

Details:

Style: Linear, using the Alpaca moulds
POM stem, matches GMK Deku Red
Polycarbonate top housing(will not loosen), GMK Deku White
Nylon bottom housing , matches GMK Deku Teal
Inner polished
Gold plated springs
58.5g actuation
60-65g bottom out
PCB Mount - 5pin
Per-switch LED compatibility: SMD and through-hole
MX-compatible

Vendors:

USA: TBA
Europe: Candykeys
Australia: Dailyclack
Aisa:Thicthock

« Last Edit: Wed, 11 November 2020, 10:04:23 by RivieraS »

Offline Deadlcck

Re: [IC] Deku Switches
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 11:17:49 »
reserved

Offline yoot

• none
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 11:18:12 »
Are you getting custom molds made?

Offline sloth.

• Corne gang
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 11:23:47 »
Is this for real needed? A different recolor for every keyset?  :'(

Should have been constructive from the start, sorry, gl!
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 October 2020, 09:07:09 by sloth. »

Offline rooski15

« Reply #4 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 11:27:52 »
See: gateron 2018

Offline Baka Bot

« Reply #5 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 11:45:00 »
not really my taste, it might grow on me later on but glwic

Offline RivieraS

• Yutop
« Reply #6 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 12:28:24 »
Are you getting custom molds made?

I try, but using the alpaca moulds is better.

Offline RivieraS

• Yutop
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 12:28:52 »
not really my taste, it might grow on me later on but glwic

Hope so!

Offline RivieraS

• Yutop
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 12:44:41 »

Some people like it, some people don't. Maybe only a few people like it, but if there are enough people to support it, I will make it.

Offline sloth.

• Corne gang
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 12:50:21 »

Some people like it, some people don't. Maybe only a few people like it, but if there are enough people to support it, I will make it.

That is for sure, just worries me how over saturated the switch market can get given how many recolors are getting out, for me it is not the same as keycaps sets, but in any case nothing wrong with your switch.

Now about the switch itself would propose to leave the gold plated springs behind as they dont give real benefit and there were reports of the plating crumbling over time.

I would swap the bottom and top housing colors,after you put the switch in the plate the green wont be visible so it will be white/red switch ,green is deku's main color

Completely agree with this.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 October 2020, 12:56:00 by sloth. »

Offline BapoDonu

« Reply #10 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 12:54:00 »
I would swap the bottom and top housing colors,after you put the switch in the plate the green wont be visible so it will be white/red switch ,green is deku's main color

Offline RivieraS

• Yutop
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 13:08:17 »

That is for sure, just worries me how over saturated the switch market can get given how many recolors are getting out, for me it is not the same as keycaps sets, but in any case nothing wrong with your switch.

Now about the switch itself would propose to leave the gold plated springs behind as they dont give real benefit and there were reports of the plating crumbling over time.

Completely agree with this.

I think it is good for consumers if the switch market becomes saturated. Factories and designers must make with better products and designs to compete.

I have not heard of the gold-plated falling off, and using non-gold-plated springs will not reduce the cost. But I will think about it again. Thank you for your suggestions!

Offline TiamDesigns

« Reply #12 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 21:03:59 »
I agree with the others saying the top and bottom housing colours should be switched.

Offline Rebral

• .::.::.::.::.
« Reply #13 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 21:42:26 »
I agree with the others saying the top and bottom housing colours should be switched.

I agree as well. Unless you got a clear case to show the green, it's just going to be white and red on top.

Oh wow, didn't know the plating came off of the springs. Was that just an initial problem that appeared from their older batches of switches, say when they first started, or is it still a possibility that it can happen to all of the newer switches they've been manufacturing?

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #14 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 21:46:53 »
Manufactured by JWK!
BUT there are no problems of loose housings.

Does this mean filming won't have any added value? Will some of the thicker films be detrimental like on Creams?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #15 on: Sat, 24 October 2020, 22:10:51 »
I didn't buy the keycap set b/c I like latin alphas and didn't want to have to spend the extra to pick them up, but the colors are so good.  Looking forward to buying some.  Would be interesting to see a JWK switch that doesn't need films.  I'll believe it when I see it, but either way, it won't stop me from buying 100 or so. Good luck!  Hope these are a success.
« Last Edit: Sat, 24 October 2020, 22:12:28 by pixelpusher »

Offline whirlwind

« Reply #16 on: Sun, 25 October 2020, 00:57:27 »
If you're going with a white top, it would be better to make it a milky top similar to opblack switch. If you can't do that, reverse the colours on the switch so the green would be on top and a white bottom.

+1 for ditching the gold plated spring.

Edit; Also, Alpacas have new molds. Are you going to use the new molds or the old alpacas molds for your switch?
« Last Edit: Sun, 25 October 2020, 01:03:25 by whirlwind »

Offline Nonnegaard

« Reply #17 on: Mon, 26 October 2020, 03:26:40 »
are new keycaps really needed? are keyboards that match your keycaps really needed? are custom cables really needed? are custom keyboards really needed? if you answered no to any of the above, then maybe this hobby isnt for you.
Aeon, TGR Jane V2, Dolphin 2021, Gherkin, Model M, 5°, NCR80, M0110-A

Offline sloth.

• Corne gang
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 28 October 2020, 08:15:37 »
Oh wow, didn't know the plating came off of the springs. Was that just an initial problem that appeared from their older batches of switches, say when they first started, or is it still a possibility that it can happen to all of the newer switches they've been manufacturing?

As long as they have gold plated springs the gold plating can break to little bits causing the housing to become scratchier. There have been reports of some users when searching around not targeting specifically any manufacturer springs.

are new keycaps really needed? are keyboards that match your keycaps really needed? are custom cables really needed? are custom keyboards really needed? if you answered no to any of the above, then maybe this hobby isnt for you.

You are really going absurd with that answer. From a logical thinking where switches are not usually seen for me there is no point in releasing a recolour for every key set or if you want to say a massive amount of colorways because after all they are going to be under the keycaps. Releasing a series of switches like tangerines or h1s with some change on housing material and wanting to give it some theme is fine for me, but specifically targeting some keyset surprised me. People will keep buying what they like and that is fine, but no need to go further with that, gave my feedback and already moved on.

I should not have expressed it like that to what I am sorry, was better to be constructive from the first post. Wish the best to the IC and hope people will be enjoying them!

Also regarding the statement that the hobby may not be for me just wont say anything, had a good laugh :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 October 2020, 08:54:26 by sloth. »