Author Topic: [IC] Pandora - The 1 Percent 60% - GB Sept 12th! - Group Buy post made  (Read 85402 times)

Offline FearsomeCubedWarrior

•  Post Reporting Timeout
Re: [IC] Pandora - The 1 Percent 60%
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 08:41:03 »
~
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 April 2024, 21:01:53 by FearsomeCubedWarrior »

Offline lolafineday

« Reply #151 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 15:46:51 »
Dyed poly is , please consider a burgundy/dark red color

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #152 on: Sun, 02 August 2020, 15:49:52 »
Dyed poly is , please consider a burgundy/dark red color

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Wait... that might be amazing!  I'd like to see it done! MAKE IT SO!

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #153 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 01:16:58 »
YES YES YES!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Dolice | Glare | Vmax chyuu | W1-AT | Hoshizora | iron 160 | Nazaré | Tomo

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #154 on: Thu, 06 August 2020, 01:41:55 »
I want in so bad! Is there anyway I can make sure that I get the board? I am pretty sure this is gonna face the nk65 rush and go extinct in under a minute.

Praxis | Portal | Frog F13 | Vega | Sat75 | F2-84 | Iron 165 | KFE CE | Spring | Pandora | Mr Suit | MGA | Jelly Epoch

Offline Koobaczech

• Don't forget to smile :)
    • Pearlboards
« Reply #155 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 10:53:14 »
Hey everyone! Still working on figuring things out in regards to GB colors (like the requested red poly), kit options, extras included, and price. But have much help from friends like shadohhh, bear_cable, bunny and others. And I don't expect it to sell out in a rush darth, you need not worry. It will be pricey and only those who really want a special 60% will join! Lots of last minute prototyping things are coming to me in the following weeks so I'll be sharing that soon when it all comes :thumb:

Also heres a little link for everyone, Minterly built the board on her twitch! Was a lot of fun
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/697353473
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 August 2020, 10:59:37 by Koobaczech »

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 11:13:13 »
When we say expensive, how expensive are we talking about? Half a grand or more? Anyways, I am going all in for this!

Offline AuthenticDanger

« Reply #157 on: Fri, 07 August 2020, 12:22:39 »
USB hub is poorly placed for a mouse on the right side of the case as having the mouse cable need to cross over the keyboard doesn't really reduce the cable clutter. Having 2 USB ports (one on each side) would allow for both a mouse and say, a USB thumb drive to be connected.

I know you won't re-design the case, but it's important to think about use cases so I wanted to bring it up.
F Keys belong on the left.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #158 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 16:29:04 »
This keyboard is amazing.

Just a question, there is any chance that the holes on the bottom will be closed with something? (acrylic/pc/other? or a small frosted plate)
If no, can you please release a part of the bottom 3d model (after gb) just to let us design the insert to glue somehow in the hole, to cover completely that hole..

To be clear, i mean something like the OLD Pandora proto

Offline KingOfMemes

« Reply #159 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 17:12:12 »
When we say expensive, how expensive are we talking about? Half a grand or more? Anyways, I am going all in for this!
I'm definitely thinking 800+. 500 seems low for the 1% 60%

Offline Starston3

« Reply #160 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 17:32:58 »
Overseeing the mash up of several well known styles of other boards... the USB port is oddly placed.  It would be better placed in a similar location as the topre HHKB.

the knob is also oddly placed on the back keyboard which not ver ergonomic nor easily reached.

these all novel ideas, it just does seem like they have been executed poorly.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #161 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 17:56:47 »
Thank you buddy<3 Around 600 plus shipping is what Im shooting for right now. No need to overcharge more than cost at MOQ's.

USB hub is poorly placed for a mouse on the right side of the case as having the mouse cable need to cross over the keyboard doesn't really reduce the cable clutter. Having 2 USB ports (one on each side) would allow for both a mouse and say, a USB thumb drive to be connected.

I know you won't re-design the case, but it's important to think about use cases so I wanted to bring it up.
Thank you, it's a great point. I never added the hub thinking about a wired mouse. For me the best use cases were wireless dongles, usb sticks and connecting my phone. And I would redesign the case if it was make or break, I take feedback very seriously!

Just a question, there is any chance that the holes on the bottom will be closed with something? (acrylic/pc/other? or a small frosted plate)
If no, can you please release a part of the bottom 3d model (after gb) just to let us design the insert to glue somehow in the hole, to cover completely that hole..
KaosJ, good seeing your name! I have added cutout fill support! I'll definitely release the 3d file for a simple 2mm cutout to be wedged on top of the cutouts internally. I removed it because old Pandora didn't let light shine down as much as I wanted too.

Overseeing the mash up of several well known styles of other boards... the USB port is oddly placed.  It would be better placed in a similar location as the topre HHKB.

the knob is also oddly placed on the back keyboard which not ver ergonomic nor easily reached.

I share your thoughts on the encoder more than the usb hub. It was almost impossible to add it anywhere else. The two have been centered proportionally to the center of the keyboard, and its actually quite pleasing to reach behind the board and use the encoder. Any thoughts on where you would you have placed the encoder? Thank you

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #162 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 19:27:14 »
And around when are you planning the gb for?

Offline Minterly

« Reply #163 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 20:53:02 »
Quick review video:

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #164 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 23:11:45 »
Yep, I am all sold. I don't mind paying this especially because my name starts with a K so this will be a Kollectible for me haha. Looking forward to the gb announcement, followed you on ig, turned on notifs haha. I DO NOT WANT TO MISS THIS.

Offline Starston3

« Reply #165 on: Sat, 08 August 2020, 23:18:15 »

I share your thoughts on the encoder more than the usb hub. It was almost impossible to add it anywhere else. The two have been centered proportionally to the center of the keyboard, and its actually quite pleasing to reach behind the board and use the encoder. Any thoughts on where you would you have placed the encoder? Thank you
[/quote]

TBH... I would 86 the knob.

It has minimal advantages, nothing that can’t be done with layers.

I personally have an S75 and hardly use the knob as it I can do most of it functionality without having to move my hands from the home row.

Knobs are better suited for different layout (look at the 40’s and splits that the Japanese community puts out/0.

Offline KaosJ

« Reply #166 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 09:55:28 »
KaosJ, good seeing your name! I have added cutout fill support! I'll definitely release the 3d file for a simple 2mm cutout to be wedged on top of the cutouts internally. I removed it because old Pandora didn't let light shine down as much as I wanted too.

Very happy you added inside supports for it, It will make it cleaner to mount them :)
I really like the design and will probably buy this, the SS+alu looks very premium!

Please EU proxy! Taxes on this will be crazy 

Offline lush_bunny

• TBR Prime | 7V | Pandora | Kaze
« Reply #167 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 13:52:18 »
I'm looking forward to this so much.

Offline zedbraxmen

• Sheesh
« Reply #168 on: Sun, 09 August 2020, 20:13:13 »
Hot damn, I'm so in.

HHKB Kei | Constellation

Offline Slayer77

« Reply #169 on: Mon, 10 August 2020, 20:53:00 »
Want the toxic Pandora! I hope you can make it happen! And my offer still stands, you know who this is haha!

Sent from my GM1911 using Tapatalk

Offline dalsu

• hi
« Reply #170 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 09:33:06 »
Wtb

Offline macomac

« Reply #171 on: Tue, 11 August 2020, 11:50:36 »
looks suuuper nice, hope i can get in on this  :cool:

Offline Freeboot

« Reply #172 on: Wed, 12 August 2020, 17:03:51 »
Hope I can get in on this. Awesome design!

Offline Shadohhh

« Reply #173 on: Wed, 19 August 2020, 14:10:44 »
Soon.

Offline m1raz

« Reply #174 on: Thu, 20 August 2020, 19:13:50 »
The more I see this, the more I want it, with many features in small body and balanced look  :thumb:

Also +1 about the reverse side of the usb port, more easy to reach the knob while holding the mouse with right hand.(for most people I think)

Hope I can grab one of this beautiful board on the GB day!

Offline JumpStream

« Reply #175 on: Tue, 25 August 2020, 04:15:17 »
Love the dyed polycarb, and the rotary encoder behind the board is genius, super hyped.

Offline Steelbloo

« Reply #176 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 02:36:20 »
Would love to see a clear polycarb in the selection

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #177 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 12:53:19 »
Hello everyone. Thank you for patiently waiting and staying tuned in! Been finalizing everything, and I mean everything. I received my final prototype, and after building and inspecting it, I though its time for the green light. Here's a really big update, lets go!

Big Infos
  • Group Buy will start September 12 (2.5 weeks) and will be through my website - https://pearlboards.net
  • Fulfillment will be estimated 5-9 months after I pay all the manus, can be sooner
  • Been back and forth with Paypal to make sure they don't lock my account. Have FundsNow setup, and they noted my intentions. Tons of other payments will be allowed as well!
  • No Vendors or Proxys. I'm sorry fellas. There are too many moving parts, and my manus are being hesitant to split up shipments due to liability and their first time working with me. I've been pushing hard but Its for the best. I can still declare purchases at other values if asked to save you from taxes/VAT/customs
  • Shipping will be UPS Priority Insured or DHL Express, calculated at checkout. I have a label maker, stamps account, and Shopify tools at my disposal. Also post office is 3min away from me. Shipping is around $40 domestic, $80+ Int
  • Custom packaging so your boards are protected
  • There are tons of extras I'm including in every purchase, and some secret extras
  • I've pushed for many colors, and here is the final Pantone list - https://pearlboards.net/pages/extra-pandora-info

MOQ information and GB Format
  • MOQ prices have been calculated for 50 Polycarbonate, 50 Brass and 50 Stainless Steel kits. You can see the kits on my site
  • Anything that deviates off that can make prices rise up or be lower
  • Any money saved can do directly into the buy for extras
  • Format is FCFS
  • I am willing to fulfill 150-300 boards

Caveat Emptor
  • Not everything will go perfectly. Gb can fail, site can crash, bots, idk
  • The boards aren't without their flaws. There will be a page on my site detailing exactly what to expect out of your Pandora.

Wew. That's out of the way. Lets see some prototype photos. WINGLETS have been revised, BADGE has been redone, SCREW HOLES moved inward. I don't want to hear anymore Keycult nonsense or BANNED. Pictured here are sandblasted weights and Tiffany Blue Pantone Polycarbonate weight. The blue came out too light also. So picked a very dark new Pantone for blue Alu.

Final words, I will have my website up for you to PERUSE until GB starts. You can familiarize yourself with the kits and prices, so you know what to do when I open the buy up - https://pearlboards.net/

Anything I missed I'll add on or edit this post :]

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
Re: [IC] Pandora - The 1 Percent 60% - GB Sept 12th!
« Reply #178 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 12:53:57 »
reserved

Offline darthcapn

« Reply #179 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 12:59:58 »
I AM READY!

Offline Shadohhh

« Reply #180 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 13:11:10 »
 :thumb:

looks good! only a few weeks away.

Offline Knocking

« Reply #181 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 13:35:12 »
Oh hell yes! Can't wait for this, but my wallet sure won't like it lol

Edit: does the hotswap PCB have split or standard backspace? The OP had me hyped for a full Tsangan PCB, but the website states that it'll be full backspace :(
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 August 2020, 13:38:15 by Knocking »

Offline isaiasr212

« Reply #182 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 14:10:25 »
Hello everyone. Thank you for patiently waiting and staying tuned in! Been finalizing everything, and I mean everything. I received my final prototype, and after building and inspecting it, I though its time for the green light. Here's a really big update, lets go!

Big Infos
  • Group Buy will start September 12 (2.5 weeks) and will be through my website - https://pearlboards.net
  • Fulfillment will be estimated 5-9 months after I pay all the manus, can be sooner
  • Been back and forth with Paypal to make sure they don't lock my account. Have FundsNow setup, and they noted my intentions. Tons of other payments will be allowed as well!
  • No Vendors or Proxys. I'm sorry fellas. There are too many moving parts, and my manus are being hesitant to split up shipments due to liability and their first time working with me. I've been pushing hard but Its for the best. I can still declare purchases at other values if asked to save you from taxes/VAT/customs
  • Shipping will be UPS Priority Insured or DHL Express, calculated at checkout. I have a label maker, stamps account, and Shopify tools at my disposal. Also post office is 3min away from me. Shipping is around $40 domestic, $80+ Int
  • Custom packaging so your boards are protected
  • There are tons of extras I'm including in every purchase, and some secret extras
  • I've pushed for many colors, and here is the final Pantone list - https://pearlboards.net/pages/extra-pandora-info

MOQ information and GB Format
  • MOQ prices have been calculated for 50 Polycarbonate, 50 Brass and 50 Stainless Steel kits. You can see the kits on my site
  • Anything that deviates off that can make prices rise up or be lower
  • Any money saved can do directly into the buy for extras
  • Format is FCFS
  • I am willing to fulfill 150-300 boards

Caveat Emptor
  • Not everything will go perfectly. Gb can fail, site can crash, bots, idk
  • The boards aren't without their flaws. There will be a page on my site detailing exactly what to expect out of your Pandora.

Wew. That's out of the way. Lets see some prototype photos. WINGLETS have been revised, BADGE has been redone, SCREW HOLES moved inward. I don't want to hear anymore Keycult nonsense or BANNED. Pictured here are sandblasted weights and Tiffany Blue Pantone Polycarbonate weight. The blue came out too light also. So picked a very dark new Pantone for blue Alu.
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Final words, I will have my website up for you to PERUSE until GB starts. You can familiarize yourself with the kits and prices, so you know what to do when I open the buy up - https://pearlboards.net/

Anything I missed I'll add on or edit this post :]

I don’t see mention of that rainbow paint splatter version, is that going to on the site once group buy is live?

Offline Shadohhh

« Reply #183 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 14:16:10 »
I don’t see mention of that rainbow paint splatter version, is that going to on the site once group buy is live?

Its already there under the special edition.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #184 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 15:05:33 »
Is the engraved rose on the rotary encoder standard on all boards? (I really like it, so hopefully yes :)

Offline Diggidy

« Reply #185 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 15:54:35 »
I'm so in for this!

For the polycarb version, will all of the screw threads be into brass inserts, or directly into the polycarb?

Offline Astrasa

« Reply #186 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 16:00:17 »
Excited for this! Will we be able to mix and match parts like the alu board with a poly weight? Or is that reserved for the special edition.
Kyuu Proto | Quasi Alice | Duck Viper | Tx87-Se

Offline pmsingchicken

« Reply #187 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 17:04:48 »
Could you offer just the PCB by itself? I'd like to buy it just for the 10u space bar support.

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #188 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 05:38:42 »
September 12! Damn, I was expecting this much later. Time to starve myself.

Offline Solotov

« Reply #189 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 07:43:26 »
Any idea on how I can beautifully reduce the typing angle on this one? Use bigger bumpons at the bottom?
Flex is love, flex is life.

Offline titanium

« Reply #190 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 10:33:50 »
Any idea on how I can beautifully reduce the typing angle on this one? Use bigger bumpons at the bottom?
That would be the cheapest way to do it I think.
Get the smallest possible bumpon you can find for the top to prevent scratches and whatever size difference suits your needs for preferred angle on the bottom.

Offline Koobaczech

• Pearlboards
« Reply #191 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 12:25:24 »
Does the hotswap PCB have split or standard backspace? The OP had me hyped for a full Tsangan PCB, but the website states that it'll be full backspace :(
Hey sir! It has a 2U backspace! As you know hotswap uses large sockets and can only accommodate few layouts. That being said, I have no problem prototyping you a one off hotswap pcb with split backspace if you pay the one off fee for that PCB at MOQ (~$150) :P

Under Special Edition, 2 available. I have to do it by hand so its a super tricky process, but I added it!

Is the engraved rose on the rotary encoder standard on all boards? (I really like it, so hopefully yes :)
Yes sir! All of them have it and glad you like it!

I'm so in for this!
For the polycarb version, will all of the screw threads be into brass inserts, or directly into the polycarb?
Thank you! Directly into the Polycarbonate. Just go slow and it will all be alright

Excited for this! Will we be able to mix and match parts like the alu board with a poly weight? Or is that reserved for the special edition.
Reserved for the mix and match friend!

Could you offer just the PCB by itself? I'd like to buy it just for the 10u space bar support.
Certainly. Just a note, if you plan on using this PCB for another 60%, you most likely need to trim the upper right LED corner so it fits. That being said, 10u support also needs a custom plate if you want to use screw in stabs!

September 12! Damn, I was expecting this much later. Time to starve myself.
Oh no lol. Sorry bud

That would be the cheapest way to do it I think.
Get the smallest possible bumpon you can find for the top to prevent scratches and whatever size difference suits your needs for preferred angle on the bottom.
Its not so bad. Its around 9.5 degrees. But bump the front of it!

Thank you all for all the feedback and continued support! :-*

Offline PlsCrit

« Reply #192 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 12:44:50 »
Pandora is looking nice

Offline DomAndretti

« Reply #193 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 13:16:16 »
This is so awesome! This has to be one of the best looking mechs I have seen in a while.

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #194 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 13:34:21 »
I listened to the sound tests of the aluminum and poly prototypes and they kinda show the difference in sound between the two. They were two different builds, however (plate, switches), so I figured I'd ask your opinion, OP, on how the case material affects the sound?

Offline lush_bunny

« Reply #195 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 14:17:24 »
Can't we get a POM Plat for an aluminum case?

Offline tnsw

« Reply #197 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 19:24:49 »
I can’t find the PCB in the Contents of the product page. Is it included? Do I have to buy it separately?

Offline ninjacore

« Reply #198 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 20:11:10 »
I can’t find the PCB in the Contents of the product page. Is it included? Do I have to buy it separately?

you can buy extras: https://pearlboards.net/collections/pandoras/products/extra-pandora-pcb
« Last Edit: Sun, 30 August 2020, 23:23:05 by ninjacore »

Offline Knocking

« Reply #199 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 21:19:44 »
Thanks for answering! I do have one more question though, is there going to be any protection from bots/website issues/server outages? This board is 100% endgame material, and with FCSC + the website being open early, there's a lot of potential for those kinds of problems.