Author Topic: [FINISHED] GMK Night Runner  (Read 90519 times)

Offline butterflysgone

Re: [CLOSED] GMK Night Runner - Update on ship date (soon)
« Reply #100 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 07:56:14 »
Anyone know if there will be extras for the deskmats? I am now regretting my decision to not include one in my order.

Offline Exia00

« Reply #101 on: Wed, 06 May 2020, 22:49:57 »
Is TKC going to have any extras up for sale?

Offline BlindAssassin111

• I design keyboards and stuff.
    • Viktus
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 12:25:53 »
Anyone know if there will be extras for the deskmats? I am now regretting my decision to not include one in my order.

I believe there will be, not sure how many though.

Is TKC going to have any extras up for sale?

Yes of course! Extras will go up a few weeks after the GB orders ship.

Offline MadBinton

• 40/45/65/75% user
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 07 May 2020, 19:55:58 »
Got mine in today!

Candy Keys decided to sell their extra's early I guess, since I joined rather late. Was working aboard while the initial GB ran.

Been working so hadn't had the chance to pull it out and slap it on a board yet. Can't wait till daylight to have a good look.

Going to print a black/blue PETG that will be coated with translucent silver case. I'll still have to decide on how to make a nice fitting LED array for it, and well, the PCB won't be here till the end of the month.

Guess it is time to join Skyline next. Somehow you improved on Laser for me.

Offline Zyrophr

• https://zyrophr.com
    • zyrophr.com
« Reply #104 on: Thu, 14 May 2020, 10:54:49 »
Got mine today too! Unfortunately I got some scratches on few keys, as you can see on that U... A bit disappointed but well, I guess it happens?
Otherwise the set looks really good, nice work! :)
French keyboard streamer

Offline crzone

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 15 May 2020, 06:59:50 »
The new GMK package is crap, it cracked on both sides during shipping and some keycaps flew when I removed the cover. On some rows of the lower tray, that wasn't affected when removing the top cover, some keycaps were bunched together.

It feels cheap, looks cheap. Yes, sure, it's better than the zip bags from SP, but it's a step back from the previous one and it is way below JTK or Maxkey. On the other hand, at least the zip bags from SP don't crack...

Sorry, I had to vent first, will check how the set looks on a keyboard later on.

Later edit: the set does look awesome, in low light the alphas color reflects the light in a nice way.
« Last Edit: Fri, 15 May 2020, 14:09:57 by crzone »

Offline Tyson

« Reply #106 on: Wed, 27 May 2020, 12:05:13 »
Any update on shipping in the US? I saw on the site that on 5/21/2020 there was an update saying that shipping was going to start tomorrow. I haven't heard anything since.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #107 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 17:35:00 »
The new GMK package is crap, it cracked on both sides during shipping and some keycaps flew when I removed the cover. On some rows of the lower tray, that wasn't affected when removing the top cover, some keycaps were bunched together.

It feels cheap, looks cheap. Yes, sure, it's better than the zip bags from SP, but it's a step back from the previous one and it is way below JTK or Maxkey. On the other hand, at least the zip bags from SP don't crack...

Sorry, I had to vent first, will check how the set looks on a keyboard later on.

Later edit: the set does look awesome, in low light the alphas color reflects the light in a nice way.

Totally agree. My caps thankfully survived but the packaging did not. Not impressed at all. This packaging is so bad it would put me off ordering GMK again. Made from soft cardboard they are not acceptable when spending this kind of money. They will also not make a good storage case to keep the caps in. Very disappointing.

The set however is perfect, the green really pops. Very pleased apart from the packaging.

Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #108 on: Thu, 28 May 2020, 21:01:22 »
Any update on shipping in the US? I saw on the site that on 5/21/2020 there was an update saying that shipping was going to start tomorrow. I haven't heard anything since.

Sorry forgot to respond but they are getting the orders ready now I was told so should be shipping very soon.

Offline hottrout

• I'd Hit Dat Key
« Reply #109 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 03:57:50 »
Can I ask, BlindAssassin11, if GMK had made you aware of the change in packaging trays?  I love the old trays because they made storage of sets easy to get in and out of and they were strong enough to stack.  This new packaging is a really bad move and whats more because the trays are made from compressed paper you are unable to slide the caps along when putting them back into the box.  The cap edges catch on the tray because it is not smooth.

If you get the chance to report back to them, please make sure they understand how poor their decision is to change to this type of cardboard packaging.
Current Daily Driver : Virgo - Ultramarine - Standard Lube  |  WTB : Topre Realforce Hi-Pro, please PM me if you have one for sale.

Systems -
More
Work |i9-7940x@4.8ghz|32GB(3600)|STRIX-RTX3090Ti|Bespoke Water, 360m Rad|X299 Prime Deluxe|EK x299 Monoblock|Optane 900p|2x1TB 960 Pro|2x10TB Helium|Dell U3415W + Dell UP2116Q
Home |i9-13900ks|32GB(7300)|Rog RTX 4090|Asus Z790 Rog Maximus Hero|Torrent Air|2TB 990 Pro|2TB 990 Pro|Dell AW3423DW QOLED|NEC MultiSync|Drobo16TB
Mining |i5-7500|16GB(2400)|H110 Pro BTC+|8x1080Ti|2x1650Watt PSU

Plus 40 years of collecting retro computers, consoles, games, peripherals, mainframes and mini's as well as their software, keyboards, games and manuals. 100's of systems including every Amiga model made
  Keyboards -
More
IBM 3101 | IBM 3276 | IBM 5150 | IBM ModelM | Dictaphone Dual Display | Vintage Cherrys (1982 onwards, just about all of them) | Commodore (all of them) | Nixdorf | Siemens | ICL | Apple (all of them) | Filco Majistouch | KBDFans 5degree - Chocolate | Rama M6-B - Moon | CA66 Silver | ClueBoard Graphite/PC | Varmilo VA69M Silver | E7-V1 SE Yellow | Rama U-80 Space Grey | VN66 Navy | BOCC Frosted Polycarbonate | Rama M10-C Midnight | FLX Virgo Teal & Black | Rama M60-A LYN Kuro | Space65 CyberVoyager WhiteGold | Space65 CyberVoyager Terminal | Hyper 7 | Clarabelle Sandblasted Polycarbonate | Elongate Mini 1800 Blue | Petrichor 1800 Red | Vulcan Maja Ergo Green | Think6.5v2 RoboCop | Jacky Bear 65% E-White | Sakabato CB87 TKL Champagne | KCK KY-01 Aquamarine | Jae J-01 F&F E-White & Copper | S7.7 E-White | The Adélie Blue | NIX OxalyS80 LE Dark Polycarbonate | Mesa TKL E-White | Smith & Rune IRON180 Graen/Brass | Skog Reboot Desert | CU7 Black | ROTR Silver & Copper | RAMA Kara Soya | Grid 650 E-White | SIX5 LE Aluminium & Gold | OwLab Voice65 Grey | BOX 75 Black Stainless Steel | Onyx E-White | Ikki68 BT Charcoal | Smith & Rune Iron 165 Graphite & Stainless Steel | Epoch 80% Black | RAMA Thermal SEQ2 Kuro | Paper Crane Gerald65 SE PC & CF | CB1800 ZANBATO | GLiTCH | Eclipse Grey & SS | TGR Tomo Silver | Mountain Ergo Black | Keebwerk NASU Black/Red | Phase One 65 Grey | Command TKL Fire | Chalice Frosted | VIENDI 8L Shadow | | Vulcan Maja PC | Glove 80 | Matrix 8XV 3.0 Starry Night | Sagittarius Grey Lilac | AKB OGR & Numpad Dolch | Type K Black

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #110 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 11:50:35 »
Can I ask, BlindAssassin11, if GMK had made you aware of the change in packaging trays?  I love the old trays because they made storage of sets easy to get in and out of and they were strong enough to stack.  This new packaging is a really bad move and whats more because the trays are made from compressed paper you are unable to slide the caps along when putting them back into the box.  The cap edges catch on the tray because it is not smooth.

If you get the chance to report back to them, please make sure they understand how poor their decision is to change to this type of cardboard packaging.

I didn't know until GMK told everyone, the only person who knew prior was Drop and Dixie I believe and I know Dixie has given them a ton of feedback on the new packaging. I wish they didn't change so drastically but sadly that is what they decided to do and we have to live with it  :( .

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #111 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 16:00:30 »
I don't mind the new packaging, but I suppose I'm not in the majority.  I always open my caps, "recycle" the plastic, and save the banderole. I put recycle in quotes b/c I've herad on multiple occasions that most plastics are not actually recycled.  But I put them in the bin. Then I put the caps in baggies.

I like the new design because it's a more aesthectically pleasing shape, easier to ship (no more weird, long boxes that use extra packaging materials).  I also love the fact that the inserts are paper and easy to recycle.  Heck, you could even composte them if you want.

But I guess I'm in the minority here.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #112 on: Fri, 29 May 2020, 16:11:55 »
I don't mind the new packaging, but I suppose I'm not in the majority.  I always open my caps, "recycle" the plastic, and save the banderole. I put recycle in quotes b/c I've herad on multiple occasions that most plastics are not actually recycled.  But I put them in the bin. Then I put the caps in baggies.

I like the new design because it's a more aesthectically pleasing shape, easier to ship (no more weird, long boxes that use extra packaging materials).  I also love the fact that the inserts are paper and easy to recycle.  Heck, you could even composte them if you want.

But I guess I'm in the minority here.

While they are good for that, they can't seem to hold the caps down and secure. Clearly GMK needs to figure out a way to keep using these boxes, but maybe figure something out to hold down the cardboard top that comes to secure the caps in transport. GMK Ashes will have the new try and seeing these pics of caps getting scratched is starting to worry me.

Offline bd_slade

« Reply #113 on: Sat, 30 May 2020, 16:35:36 »
Just got my shipping notification from TKC for Canada. Hype!

Offline txclack

Re: [SHIPPING] GMK Night Runner - Shipping now
« Reply #114 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 12:12:18 »
Can someone with their set count how many 1u FN keys they received?  (render shows 3)

I just want to make sure I didn't misplace one accidentally.

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 03 June 2020, 17:30:01 »
Can someone with their set count how many 1u FN keys they received?  (render shows 3)

I just want to make sure I didn't misplace one accidentally.

The KLE pic is below the kit and shows the correct kit (it was a render error we didn't see until like right at the end or after from what I remember). There are only 2 R4 1u FN keys.

Offline snarfel

« Reply #116 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 00:31:06 »
Just me or is the purple coloring on the artisan extremely dark compared to the reference picture In original GB? (For whatever reason TKC created labels for both keys and artisan, but shipped the artisan 4 days and counting before the trays, so I don't have the GMK to compare against)

« Last Edit: Thu, 04 June 2020, 00:35:34 by snarfel »

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #117 on: Thu, 04 June 2020, 00:49:58 »
Just me or is the purple coloring on the artisan extremely dark compared to the reference picture In original GB? (For whatever reason TKC created labels for both keys and artisan, but shipped the artisan 4 days and counting before the trays, so I don't have the GMK to compare against)
More
Show Image

The artisans match the exact pantones used for the set, SUK was sent samples to match to and I have all 4 artisans and they match my set exactly (honestly couldn't be happier with the work he did). From your pic it looks like your lighting is a bit warm which will make it look different than reference images which were under entirely different lighting. Once you get your set it will match the artisan in the same lighting, so don't worry about it not matching.

As for why you got the artisan first, if you ordered it seperately than the set, it may just have been the order they did things in that caused it to ship first. My best guess.

Offline bd_slade

« Reply #118 on: Fri, 26 June 2020, 01:16:35 »
Is anyone else still waiting on theirs? Mine's been trapped in shipping abyss since June 4th. Apparently shipped from Sweden on that date, but nothing since. I know the COVID thing has shipments messed up, but since this is my first group but and order from TKC. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to expect.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 03:51:58 »

anybody wanna explain this?

Numpad 0 is missing the stabilizer posts.

And apparently this is the case on all sets (I've asked a few people and everybody had the same issue).
Is GMK quality really going that bad now?

Offline wodan

« Reply #120 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 07:19:49 »

ah chillax bruvvvvvvv ... just let it flap in the breeze!

Offline BlindAssassin111

• Viktus
« Reply #121 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 12:21:01 »
Show Image

And apparently this is the case on all sets (I've asked a few people and everybody had the same issue).
Is GMK quality really going that bad now?

Hey, We became aware of this issue after a reddit post like a week ago (I didn't think to check for something like this) and I hope GMK will replace them, just not sure on how long that would take given they used wrong colors on the entire alter order...this replacement might be a while out if at all.