Author Topic: [IC] Austin - Compact Full Size Keyboard (Rollout Update!)  (Read 58846 times)

Offline vicissitude

Nice design.
The triangle logo is cool.

Offline driftingbunnies

Re: [IC] Austin - Compact Full Size Keyboard (Rollout Update!)
« Reply #101 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 11:01:00 »
Thanks everyone for your patience! Rollout update has been posted to the OP ;D

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #102 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 12:14:04 »
I don't know what exactly your intentions are for this group buy but if you are looking to lower pricing and attract more buyers, you could probably get them to make it for you and distribute it with Polaris pricing. But if you want to keep this a small, private run, that makes sense too!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Offline driftingbunnies

« Reply #103 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 12:26:38 »
I don't know what exactly your intentions are for this group buy but if you are looking to lower pricing and attract more buyers, you could probably get them to make it for you and distribute it with Polaris pricing. But if you want to keep this a small, private run, that makes sense too!

Thank you for your concern! My initial intentions were to create a board with a layout that I enjoy and see if there are others who would be interested in something similar. I'm not sure who you mean by "you could probably get them to make it for you and distribute it" but if you mean KBDfans, I would prefer to keep this as a smaller run. KBDfans is amazing at what they do and their ability to offer great products at what the community would consider "budget custom" prices is awesome. However, not all boards are aimed to be budget boards and not all GB runners can run hundreds of boards at a time. This is a hobby for me and I do not do this as a full time job so unfortunately I cannot compete with KBDfans when it comes to what they do. I also am realistic enough to know I will not sell as many boards of Austin as the Polaris. Similar to any other product that is custom or bespoke, there is a reason why prices are high and quantities are low. Hopefully you understand and will consider joining the GB. Thanks!

Offline eniigma

• Storefront:
« Reply #104 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 13:06:29 »

Thank you for your concern! My initial intentions were to create a board with a layout that I enjoy and see if there are others who would be interested in something similar. I'm not sure who you mean by "you could probably get them to make it for you and distribute it" but if you mean KBDfans, I would prefer to keep this as a smaller run. KBDfans is amazing at what they do and their ability to offer great products at what the community would consider "budget custom" prices is awesome. However, not all boards are aimed to be budget boards and not all GB runners can run hundreds of boards at a time. This is a hobby for me and I do not do this as a full time job so unfortunately I cannot compete with KBDfans when it comes to what they do. I also am realistic enough to know I will not sell as many boards of Austin as the Polaris. Similar to any other product that is custom or bespoke, there is a reason why prices are high and quantities are low. Hopefully you understand and will consider joining the GB. Thanks!
Yep, just wanted to know where you were going with this. In terms of quality control, KBDfans could do that for you, but I know what you mean about wanting to keep the first batch small and very high quality. I'm planning to do the same thing soon. Good luck with the buy! I'm rooting for you!

Offline captsis

• Formerly matt2dlg
« Reply #105 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 19:21:35 »
this is a great layout. im in!

Offline thornkin

« Reply #106 on: Mon, 09 September 2019, 23:36:24 »
Excited for this, but wish it wasn't so close in time to the hbcp. 

Offline driftingbunnies

« Reply #107 on: Wed, 11 September 2019, 15:41:28 »
Excited for this, but wish it wasn't so close in time to the hbcp.

Yeah, unfortunately both Hiney and I had the bad luck of having the same delays (time-wise) for our boards. Initially we were both looking for a June/July launch but it looks like we're both going to have a Sept launch instead. Hopefully the extra time should give you time to save up unless you're going to buy the 7+ sets available this month.  :))

Offline driftingbunnies

« Last Edit: Sat, 21 September 2019, 13:52:28 by driftingbunnies »