Author Topic: [GB] slAp2022 - BigFoot replacement + enhancement PCB  (Read 2909 times)

Offline cest73

[GB] slAp2022 - BigFoot replacement + enhancement PCB
« on: Mon, 20 June 2022, 04:48:44 »
Hello fellow rabbit hole dwellers...

The PCB that replaces the original one adding USB support, RGB color status LEDs and options for advanced builders to the time proven BigFoot.
288056-0
288058-1

Continuing from: Interest Check
It is on!

What's in:
The board fitted with headers, matrix diodes and RGB status LEDs (with a level shifter)
The brains are not shipped, but are to be fitted by the customer them selves, they can pick from:
- Teensy 2.0
- WeAct BalckPill
- WeAct RP2040 or Rpi pico pin-header compatible controller

The cable is to be routed from the controller thru the case where the original cable was to the outside.
It is strongly advised to repurpose the original cable as it fits the recesses in the case the best.

The PCB will have a green Solder mask and will be 1.2mm thick (0.4 mm less than usual PCBs) to allow for more flexing builds.

There are plans for publishing the files at a later stage (don't hold breath) and making custom QMK firmware for each controller for this board - inlcuding optional builds with bluetooth and OLED and what not...

The PCBs should be ready for shipping ideally some three months ahead - end Q3 2022

The order is placed on their (JLCPCB) desk, and is pending review...

The bad news pricing will be as following:

In preorder the price per one PCB plus shipping will be 50 EUR

After the boards are received by me and equipped with what's needed and prepared for shipping additional flat one off storage fee pf 25 EUR will be added to the price.

So orders after that time will be 75 EUR per piece plus shipping.

NOTE:
The price of 50 EUR or 75 EUR respectively includes only the PCB and packaging, no import fees, duties or taxes on behalf the receiving party, also there will be no cables, no controller boards and no stablilizers or goodies whatsoever except the PCB as this is a builders project not a store ready purchase.

I have a Pay Pal account but historically i learned not to rely on that service due to my local regulations being will ass goose chase - all payments will be most preferably transferred via swift or other direct banking method - i would lean to PayPal only in last resort situation and with the fees being on the payer side. The details can be determined per case i guess. I am open to advice and proposals as i didn't run this kind of things before. I look forward to all parties be served correctly and as fair as possible.

As this is a prototype run (actual experimental work) i don't expect the pricing to change significantly if at all, but i reserve the right to adjust this if something out of the world strikes like some sort of hyper inflation or monetary collapse occurs (no idea where i got that from  :rolleyes: ). Otherwise the price stays as noted above.

Once my stock is clear (all 19 pieces are shipped) i will start to go about publishing the files, but not sooner and not in a hurry (might take months on end).

The last one board stays in my own BigFoot.

Please connect with me on Discord for details and feedback (and -forth)

I will post any significant news here too.

Currently there are some 18-19 reserved slots out of 20 total ordered.

To confirm your reservation please join the discord server (it's free  :cool: ) and see i get the ransom support funds for the amount of PCBs you plan to get.

See you there.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 June 2022, 03:34:55 by cest73 »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: [GB] slAp2022 - BigFoot replacement + enhancement PCB
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 16:45:07 »
Approved :thumb:

Offline cest73

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 23 June 2022, 18:23:06 »
Approved :thumb:
Thanks!

Meanwhile the batch has been finished and awaits carrier pickup  ;D

Stay tuned as always.

Offline cest73

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 13 July 2022, 10:35:45 »
I have just read the email informing me the shipment has cleared the customs and I am to receive the batch tomorrow.

Stay tuned (for photos and moar)

Offline cest73

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 13 July 2022, 10:38:19 »
As you might have noticed the Discord link is of limited duration.

Hurry up to secure the more affordable piece if you haven't already done so!

https://discord.gg/qJwre2R6

See you there...

Offline cest73

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 15 December 2022, 16:57:13 »
Some progress after the failed 1st batch (don't ask)
294441-0
Checking alignment of the design against the original PCB - some pins align as well as a set screw...
294443-1
The laser-cut design on heavy paper