Author Topic: [GB] Rama Works KOYU  (Read 156782 times)

Offline Kerasan

Re: [GB] Rama Works KOYU
« Reply #150 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 00:05:08 »
Just solidifies my choice in the Haze, it came out beautifully! I can't wait to see what keycap combos people come up with to match when it's shipped out!

Awesome!! I'll assemble it tonight with the base and get some photos :D I need more GMK :(

I hope the haze color will return in some future project. really beautiful.

KMK Labs.

Offline Keebmeupscotty

« Reply #151 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 00:46:47 »
Love the project and everything you do... but please give me something with at least the option for a regular backspace (I'll gladly de and resolder if the pcb can just support it) and let me throw that cash at you! (preferably in sage)

Been sitting here for two projects with cash waiting for these beautiful boards and temporarily thrown at others that lack the same level of QC and polish but provide more layout options... I just can't get used to split bs life daily and prefer at least the option for a normal layout with this much money on the line.

Offline redjarojam

• Instagram
« Reply #152 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 07:42:04 »
Love the project and everything you do... but please give me something with at least the option for a regular backspace (I'll gladly de and resolder if the pcb can just support it) and let me throw that cash at you! (preferably in sage)

Been sitting here for two projects with cash waiting for these beautiful boards and temporarily thrown at others that lack the same level of QC and polish but provide more layout options... I just can't get used to split bs life daily and prefer at least the option for a normal layout with this much money on the line.

I think you would want the M65-A then?

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #153 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 15:04:51 »

You would generally be looking for the M65-A then. Due to the limitations of the PCB it cannot be changed from split backspace. It is unfortunate, but I believe a design decision to follow similar aesthetics to the M60-A.

There are quite a number of M65-As aftermarket that you can buy. I prefer a regular backspace myself but am willing to give split a try because I love this board too much!

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 27 November 2018, 20:44:51 »
HAZE assembled! Sorry didn't have a better set to pair it with :( Need more GMK!

Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!
WEB: https://rama.works/
STORE: https://ramaworks.store/
INSTA: @ramaworks
FB: ramaworks

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #155 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 00:53:19 »
Still looks might fine with the world's plainest keyset! I'm sending my Grand Budapest over! I'm not really.

The inset looks quite a deep blue/navy-ish purple which is more than fine by me, goes really nicely with the gold (in fact I prefer it to the renders which I thought were more purpley purple).

So I guess the only thing left to confirm is... shipping date?:)

Offline ConfuseBill

« Reply #156 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 01:58:32 »
HAZE assembled! Sorry didn't have a better set to pair it with :( Need more GMK!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Damn, that Gold looks sexy.

I promised myself to stop buying keyboard and keyboard stuff.

But, this.... look at this.

Offline Kurisu666

« Reply #157 on: Wed, 28 November 2018, 19:51:12 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

RAMA "Kobe"

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #158 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 04:54:40 »
So I guess the only thing left to confirm is... shipping date? :)

Will depend on final quantity, but at this stage looking at 4-5 months, but will have a better update on that later on when we begin manufacturing! :)
Didn't notice my personal messages have been disabled for those thinking you have been blocked - to contact please reach out through Facebook messages or support email!

Offline Kerasan

« Reply #159 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 05:04:47 »

Will depend on final quantity, but at this stage looking at 4-5 months, but will have a better update on that later on when we begin manufacturing! :)

Tank edition will have the same date of the standard versions?

KMK Labs

Offline ttot

« Reply #160 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 06:56:33 »
Ordered KOYU today. HAZE! It is a pity that with my previous order, with the M60-A there were problem with delivery. The DHL was delivered to the place of destination, but the service I use for delivery from the USA to Ukraine did not register the parcel on time, 21.11, but after the holidays they can’t find it... I try as much as I can to get a solution to this problem from them, but I am afraid that in the end I can remain without a keyboard. That would be a big disappointment for me, of course. But I still hope that everything will be fine.
RAMA M60-A(LAKE) | RAMA KOYU(HAZE) | RAMA M60-A SEQ2(MILK) | RAMA M6-C(MILK) | RAMA M65-B(ICED) | RAMA M6-C(ICED)
SA Pulse(R3) + Mitolet | GMK Jamón | GMK Calm Depths | GMK Chocolatier | GMK Minimal | GMK Striker | GMK Pulse(Mitolet) | GMK Phosphorous | GMK Peach Blossom | GMK Nautilus 2 | GMK Bleached | GMK Pono | GMK Pixel | GMK Metropolis R2 | GMK DUALSHOT 2 | SA Polyclear

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #161 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 07:09:51 »

Tank edition will have the same date of the standard versions?

KMK Labs
Yep! all together :)

Ordered KOYU today. HAZE! It is a pity that with my previous order, with the M60-A there were problem with delivery. The DHL was delivered to the place of destination, but the service I use for delivery from the USA to Ukraine did not register the parcel on time, 21.11, but after the holidays they can’t find it... I try as much as I can to get a solution to this problem from them, but I am afraid that in the end I can remain without a keyboard. That would be a big disappointment for me, of course. But I still hope that everything will be fine.

Please do let me know how that turns out at support@rama.works - really hope they find the package! They can't miss it, big box with Rama Works logo on it  :-\  Is it a forwarding warehouse?

Offline ttot

« Reply #162 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 07:49:53 »

Please do let me know how that turns out at support@rama.works - really hope they find the package! They can't miss it, big box with Rama Works logo on it  :-\  Is it a forwarding warehouse?

Yeah, it's forwarding warehouse. And I showed them an example of a box. As well as provided all the track numbers, now I am waiting for an answer from them. If they don't find it, I will write to support@rama.works, perhaps the DHL will have any more detailed information about the delivery. But first I need to wait for a response from this service.
RAMA M60-A(LAKE) | RAMA KOYU(HAZE) | RAMA M60-A SEQ2(MILK) | RAMA M6-C(MILK) | RAMA M65-B(ICED) | RAMA M6-C(ICED)
SA Pulse(R3) + Mitolet | GMK Jamón | GMK Calm Depths | GMK Chocolatier | GMK Minimal | GMK Striker | GMK Pulse(Mitolet) | GMK Phosphorous | GMK Peach Blossom | GMK Nautilus 2 | GMK Bleached | GMK Pono | GMK Pixel | GMK Metropolis R2 | GMK DUALSHOT 2 | SA Polyclear

Offline Ashardalon

• Ashkeebs
    • Ashkeebs Lubing Service & Shop
« Reply #163 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 12:29:23 »

Yeah, it's forwarding warehouse. And I showed them an example of a box. As well as provided all the track numbers, now I am waiting for an answer from them. If they don't find it, I will write to support@rama.works, perhaps the DHL will have any more detailed information about the delivery. But first I need to wait for a response from this service.

I've got my hopes up for you that you get your package soon, man. Just think, it'll be all the more sweet that it arrives on your doorstep and you open it for the first time!

That being said, it sounds like DHL is not putting in a lot of effort for reconciliation in the case they've lost your package. I'm pretty sure all Express shipments are ensured, is that correct Rama?

Offline ttot

« Reply #164 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 15:01:40 »

I've got my hopes up for you that you get your package soon, man. Just think, it'll be all the more sweet that it arrives on your doorstep and you open it for the first time!

That being said, it sounds like DHL is not putting in a lot of effort for reconciliation in the case they've lost your package. I'm pretty sure all Express shipments are ensured, is that correct Rama?

Thanks man. I really hope that the parcel will be found soon.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #165 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 15:46:32 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

LOVE that color wow
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #166 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 17:28:07 »

From what he mentioned DHL has already delivered it to where it needed to go, it's the sorting/forwarding agency who has misplaced it - if I'm understanding correctly! I hope they do find it, can't be nowhere  :-\

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

LOVE that color wow

Yeah!! Thanks :) really happy with how it came out, need some gem-stone artisans and you got the thanos edition :P

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #167 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 17:47:55 »
Or get the race base, jamon or samurai, and make the iron man edition!

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #168 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 17:59:11 »

Oh yeah! Definitely need to get in on Jamon and do that, I'll make a render too tonight haha  :p

Offline ptykozoon

« Reply #169 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 22:09:01 »
wow what a pretty color. I'm not keen on this particular layout but keep this gold in your palette for sure

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #170 on: Thu, 29 November 2018, 22:13:46 »

From what he mentioned DHL has already delivered it to where it needed to go, it's the sorting/forwarding agency who has misplaced it - if I'm understanding correctly! I hope they do find it, can't be nowhere  :-\

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

LOVE that color wow

Yeah!! Thanks :) really happy with how it came out, need some gem-stone artisans and you got the thanos edition :P

Show Image

the yellow is absolutely the best color i have ever seen on a keyboard
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline redjarojam

• Instagram
« Reply #171 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 07:18:52 »

Oh yeah! Definitely need to get in on Jamon and do that, I'll make a render too tonight haha  :p

Jamon red edition Koyu when? Also... Jamon x Rama cap?

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #172 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 07:35:30 »

IRON MAN EDITION  :))

Jamon red edition Koyu when? Also... Jamon x Rama cap?
:-X :-X :-X :-X for the latter

the yellow is absolutely the best color i have ever seen on a keyboard
💛💛💛

Offline Ouskambou

« Reply #173 on: Fri, 30 November 2018, 22:15:06 »
And I'm in. Can't wait to build the board!

Offline distracteddev

« Reply #174 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 00:36:10 »
Did we ever get any pictures of the sage? should we expect it to come out the same as the Sage M60's??

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #175 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 06:28:31 »
And I'm in. Can't wait to build the board!

Welcome!! Same here :D

Did we ever get any pictures of the sage? should we expect it to come out the same as the Sage M60's??

It will be a new anodising bath that will be set up, but it's the same colour reference :) So yes!   

Offline MMKB

« Reply #176 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 13:48:44 »
 :thumb: It just occurred to me that this is the first and only “symmetric” looking 65%. Other 65% keyboards just aren’t balanced in terms of the spacebar and modifiers.

Edit: I wasn’t paying attention but the same layout — with spacebar centered — is possible on both 268 and 910.  ;D
« Last Edit: Sat, 01 December 2018, 19:20:42 by MMKB »

Offline heyitsqi

« Reply #177 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 18:18:32 »
Damn really want to buy this. Unsure of what would look best with SA Carbon or SA Hyperfuse. HALP

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #178 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 21:08:17 »
Damn really want to buy this. Unsure of what would look best with SA Carbon or SA Hyperfuse. HALP
[/quote

100% Moon for both.  :thumb:

Offline gasp

• Formerly 'boop' (NTBCW Booper)
    • none
« Reply #179 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 21:34:35 »
Can't wait to see these in person, that 4 months is gonna go buy realllll slow.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #180 on: Sat, 01 December 2018, 22:14:08 »
Great board. I would definitely have joined already if it has a more standard layout like Canoe's :(

Offline ian13

« Reply #181 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 09:18:35 »
What would you guys think is a better color option for GMK Nautilus? I didn't get in the M60-A GB before so I missed the Lake colorway.

Offline Oni74

« Reply #182 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 13:56:38 »
Amazing board, but the split back space killed it for me. Maybe next time!

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #183 on: Sun, 02 December 2018, 15:12:43 »
What would you guys think is a better color option for GMK Nautilus? I didn't get in the M60-A GB before so I missed the Lake colorway.
Kuro. That one goes great with everything. Nautilus is dark navy and I'd say that'd fit very nicely.

Offline wongie

« Reply #184 on: Mon, 03 December 2018, 07:10:10 »
Amazing board, but the split back space killed it for me. Maybe next time!

It was the blocker that killed it for me. I'm just hoping there will be some sort of M65-B in future with the same layout customizability of the M65-A but with the updated design of the KOYU. Though I won't hold my breath for it as boards direct from RAMA to date haven't given much options where it comes to layout customization. A man can dream though...

Offline velox_aquilae

« Reply #185 on: Fri, 07 December 2018, 09:05:18 »
I got the Koyu Moon. I think it'll look great with the upcoming GMK Metropolis

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=98355.0

Offline P1ngou1N

« Reply #186 on: Sun, 09 December 2018, 18:52:12 »
Bought Moon with purple base to go with Jtk Hyperfuse. I think it will look awesome.

I think I will also buy U-80A when it goes live because I love tkl.
I just hope there will be hotswapp (must have for me) and different colours. A pink or blue to match the future Gmk bento would be awesome.

I look forward to receiving my koyu. Looks amazing. Great job Rama !

Offline Eldr1tch

« Reply #187 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 00:20:21 »
Will the KOYU Haze (gold/purple) be made again?

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #188 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 00:41:38 »
Bought Moon with purple base to go with Jtk Hyperfuse. I think it will look awesome.

I think I will also buy U-80A when it goes live because I love tkl.
I just hope there will be hotswapp (must have for me) and different colours. A pink or blue to match the future Gmk bento would be awesome.

I look forward to receiving my koyu. Looks amazing. Great job Rama !

Oufff I didn't even consider Moon with Purple base... now that you say it though. That with Hyperfuse is going to look amazing!! Can't wait to see pics when that's together :D

:-X  For the KOYU? I don't think so - but something is coming  :-X :o
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 December 2018, 19:08:56 by KingRama »

Offline Eldr1tch

« Reply #189 on: Thu, 13 December 2018, 08:32:39 »

:-X  For the KOYU? I don't think so - but something is coming  :-X :o [size=78%]  [/size]

You don't mean the PC case do you? Also I am wondering do you guys have access to your own machinery (CNC, Fab, etc.)? Or do you outsource all your production?

Offline sad0022

« Reply #190 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 00:19:33 »
 :-X I orded a black KOYU on your website last week , but black isn't my fvrt colour.  Can I change to another color? Tks!

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #191 on: Mon, 17 December 2018, 15:48:02 »
Hi Rama,

Any update on the production schedule and when we can expect to see them?

What were the final sales numbers? I'm curious what the most popular colors were.

Offline JPVann

« Reply #192 on: Fri, 21 December 2018, 10:36:44 »
Also interested in an update.  Numbers, draft production dates, is everything still on schedule?  4 months gonna be a long time to wait so snippets of news will be appreciated!   :p

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #193 on: Tue, 25 December 2018, 08:23:07 »
Also interested in an update.  Numbers, draft production dates, is everything still on schedule?  4 months gonna be a long time to wait so snippets of news will be appreciated!   :p

So sorry for the late reply, been absolutely swamped recently :(

Will post up some timelines soon! Machining should be complete around April :) Then shipping/packaging will take some time past that, but as with the M60-A we'll get through that as quick as we can!

Colour / Series choice (Most ordered to least ordered)
  • MOON
  • KURO
  • HAZE
  • RACE
  • SAGE
  • TANK
  • MIST
  • TANK LITE

Offline ian13

« Reply #194 on: Tue, 25 December 2018, 09:45:41 »
Wow! Moon is really the all-time favorite. I believe it was also the most ordered colorway in the M60-A group buy.

I was actually speculating that it would turn out like this: moon>haze>kuro>sage/race>mist>tank/tank lite

Thanks for the update, Rama! And happy holidays!

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #195 on: Tue, 25 December 2018, 16:41:09 »
What's most interesting to me is that there were more tank orders than there were mist orders. Really makes you think  :-\

Offline Genuine.Senpai

« Reply #196 on: Wed, 26 December 2018, 03:04:47 »
I'm not surprised Moon/Kuro are the top colors. I ordered a Kuro myself as it's a safe color for multiple sets in the future.
« Last Edit: Wed, 26 December 2018, 04:08:30 by Genuine.Senpai »

Offline JPVann

« Reply #197 on: Mon, 07 January 2019, 12:23:05 »
I do think I will be able to stop buying keyboards with this one!  One can hope!
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 January 2019, 09:27:44 by JPVann »

Offline KingRama

• * Maker
  • www.rama.works
    • RAMA WORKS®
« Reply #198 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 06:03:06 »
Hey guys!

Just letting you know that the KOYU will be using the new fasteners we've made that we're including with the M60-A SEQ2! :)

All the machining is well underway, and we have a lot of the components in our warehouse already - Feet, Switches/Stabs for the starter kit, PCB packaging etc.

And if you've ordered PBT Heavy Industry it'll be shipping in the next few weeks also!

EDIT: KOYU HAZE:
« Last Edit: Thu, 31 January 2019, 06:05:06 by KingRama »

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #199 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 07:31:34 »
Stabs included you say?!

Are these the new Rama stabs so cleverly teased in the release Koyu video at 0:09...?