Author Topic: [GB] Rama Works KOYU  (Read 156796 times)

Offline NOLA

Re: [GB] Rama Works KOYU
« Reply #450 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 19:22:46 »
Wish they'd say when the SEQ2 Koyu is expected to drop.

Offline Asmale

« Reply #451 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 19:27:26 »
Able to get the milk, so excited!

Offline Zyrophr

• https://zyrophr.com
    • zyrophr.com
« Reply #452 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 20:08:19 »
Waste of time for me too, Kuro wasn't even in stock and milk sold out instantly with the other kits.
I hope the seq2 will be launched before 2020 and will have at least a black color, otherwise I might be short for shipping and disappointed...
French keyboard streamer

Offline NOLA

« Reply #453 on: Sat, 10 August 2019, 22:36:44 »
Waste of time for me too, Kuro wasn't even in stock and milk sold out instantly with the other kits.
I hope the seq2 will be launched before 2020 and will have at least a black color, otherwise I might be short for shipping and disappointed...

Well, as a consolation, there is a header bar at the top of the website that states Koyu returning in seq2 if you missed out.

Offline LetoDaleko

« Reply #454 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 03:47:58 »
Managed to get Milk yesterday. Was sold out n seconds, was a fun f5 game. The cost will be rather astronomical here in eu with customs, but hey - my second Rama Board. Wonder which keycapset to get for it.

My first post btw, long time lurker. Hey everyone =)

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #455 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 11:44:08 »
Milk was in stock for a few minutes at least as far as I could tell. If you logged on when the sale started, I think you should have gotten one.

I actually purchased mine using my phone which took forever to process because of PayPal.

Offline NOLA

« Reply #456 on: Sun, 11 August 2019, 16:01:39 »
Seq2 is coming. Just gonna wait and get the color I really desire when it comes out as this will be my end game keeb. I got the invite for extras and wanted kuro or sage which wasn't even available right on drop time. No worries. Hope seq2 is planned soon for later 2019 and not 2020.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline LetoDaleko

« Reply #457 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 06:00:00 »
Milk was bugged, it showed in stock for several hours after the extras sales, but you couldnt check out with it, it was sold out.

According to Rama FB guy - Milk was sold out immidiatly after the sale went life and its not sure if it will return on Seq2 in regular fashion yet, since they could keep it exlusive.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #458 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 09:51:17 »
Milk was actually in stock and not a pre order right?

Offline LetoDaleko

« Reply #459 on: Mon, 12 August 2019, 10:01:03 »
In the extras waitlist mail they said, Milk stock is limited to 50 units, so guess they are build. It was on extras sale this sunday and will be shipped this week like the other boards most likely.
« Last Edit: Mon, 12 August 2019, 10:28:02 by LetoDaleko »

Offline BS0UR

« Reply #460 on: Tue, 13 August 2019, 23:57:45 »
Seq2 is coming. Just gonna wait and get the color I really desire when it comes out as this will be my end game keeb. I got the invite for extras and wanted kuro or sage which wasn't even available right on drop time. No worries. Hope seq2 is planned soon for later 2019 and not 2020.

latest blog said it should be within the next two months.🤞

Offline NOLA

« Reply #461 on: Wed, 14 August 2019, 00:09:05 »

latest blog said it should be within the next two months.
Awesome. Good to know.

Offline foxlive

• The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
« Reply #462 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 16:22:05 »
I really hope the seq 2 will be with milk. I desperately need a white board!

Offline NOLA

« Reply #463 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 16:27:37 »
I didn't like the milk. Had it in my cart and removed it. I reaaaaallly want this board, and I'm not going to settle for a color I'm not fond of. I want the Kuro first and foremost. Sage is a close second, but the Kuro will go with any color setup should I change rigs in the future.

Offline Nevermore012

« Reply #464 on: Thu, 15 August 2019, 18:40:37 »
I didn't like the milk. Had it in my cart and removed it. I reaaaaallly want this board, and I'm not going to settle for a color I'm not fond of. I want the Kuro first and foremost. Sage is a close second, but the Kuro will go with any color setup should I change rigs in the future.

yeah, i don't want the milk color, and cancel it, two. i decided to end up with tx75v2, and really happy about it. :))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline foxlive

« Reply #465 on: Fri, 16 August 2019, 01:32:34 »

yeah, i don't want the milk color, and cancel it, two. i decided to end up with tx75v2, and really happy about it. :))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was not a big fan of white keyboard before.. but now I have a SA kobayashi to use.. and I think it will go nicely on a white keyboard... the best would be a beige/creme cerakoted one to fit the vintage theme and color! Maybe pure white will not be as good

Offline _PixelNinja

• C=Q/V=ε(A/t)
« Reply #466 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 10:56:24 »

Never say never but RAMA has a tendency to not bring back colors from one group buy to another, at least not as is  — e.g. the M60-A KURO and MOON changed to the Stealth editions in the SEQ-2.

Offline Audiobs

« Reply #467 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 11:12:54 »

Never say never but RAMA has a tendency to not bring back colors from one group buy to another, at least not as is  — e.g. the M60-A KURO and MOON changed to the Stealth editions in the SEQ-2.

And new colorway such as the 'reversed' Haze (Purple top/Gold backweight).

Offline SuddenlyDonkey

« Reply #468 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 11:30:43 »

but the Kuro will go with any color setup should I change rigs in the future.

as would the Milk.

Offline NOLA

« Reply #469 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 11:57:31 »

but the Kuro will go with any color setup should I change rigs in the future.

as would the Milk.
Not really. IMHO, white stands out too much and a few accent pieces in white would be needed on the desktop.

Offline willdta

« Reply #470 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 13:14:31 »
Got my Koyu but darn is it hollow sounding. Looking at the internals, I'm not sure how much of a difference their internal dampener will make. There seems to be quite a gap between the pcb and bottom case. Has anyone been able to eliminate the hollow sound?

Offline Audiobs

« Reply #471 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 13:47:44 »
Got my Koyu but darn is it hollow sounding. Looking at the internals, I'm not sure how much of a difference their internal dampener will make. There seems to be quite a gap between the pcb and bottom case. Has anyone been able to eliminate the hollow sound?

Rama made a comparison video on youtube. I have HPs on with internal dampener, it's loud but satisfying. :)

Offline NOLA

« Reply #472 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 14:01:41 »
Fill it with layers of tool box mat.

Offline foxlive

« Reply #473 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 14:24:57 »

Interesting return about the sound of it. I have a ca66 which sound SUPER hollow and I am not particularly fond of.

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #474 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 17:28:39 »
the

I have both the internal weight and the internal sound dampener. I prefer the internal weight, it removes much of the hollow sound whilst keeping the clack.
Internal sound dampener is good to, but imho lubing the switches makes a ton of difference and makes the koyu and m60 sound soooo good

Offline Araex

« Reply #475 on: Sun, 18 August 2019, 17:34:56 »

Rama made a comparison video on youtube. I have HPs on with internal dampener, it's loud but satisfying. :)

I knew it was gonna be hollow sounding by the type test videos they put up, so I got the internal weight as well as a piece of sorbothane to fill the space.  Now it sounds absolutely awesome.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #476 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 05:45:23 »
Easy fix is just to order some shelf liner from amazon and pack in a few layers inside. Changes (improves) the sound profile of most cases substantially (and a heck of a lot cheaper than sorbo).

Offline willdta

« Reply #477 on: Mon, 19 August 2019, 08:27:35 »
the

I have both the internal weight and the internal sound dampener. I prefer the internal weight, it removes much of the hollow sound whilst keeping the clack.
Internal sound dampener is good to, but imho lubing the switches makes a ton of difference and makes the koyu and m60 sound soooo good

Easy fix is just to order some shelf liner from amazon and pack in a few layers inside. Changes (improves) the sound profile of most cases substantially (and a heck of a lot cheaper than sorbo).

Fill it with layers of tool box mat.

I knew it was gonna be hollow sounding by the type test videos they put up, so I got the internal weight as well as a piece of sorbothane to fill the space.  Now it sounds absolutely awesome.

Glad to know there are solutions. I ended up ordering their internal dampener.

Offline LetoDaleko

« Reply #478 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 05:43:26 »
Here is a sound test of koyu with internal damper zealios v.2 lubed with 3204 and lubed gmks stabs.
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1m3rYVmen42?fbclid=IwAR1Td0X78aS8RSBYDjumZ3dUvSmQz7MdRGmWMQFySKoeNsswwNE81oFQbBE
Mic is directly above my hands.

I really like the sound to be honest, its bit hollowish but it makes it quite distinct and different sounding, its a loud bassy clock which I like.

According to Rama FB Supoort - "Milk will return, just not the same!" :)

Offline foxlive

« Reply #479 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 07:01:14 »
Here is a sound test of koyu with internal damper zealios v.2 lubed with 3204 and lubed gmks stabs.
https://vocaroo.com/i/s1m3rYVmen42?fbclid=IwAR1Td0X78aS8RSBYDjumZ3dUvSmQz7MdRGmWMQFySKoeNsswwNE81oFQbBE

I really like the sound to be honest, its bit hollowish but it makes it quite distinct and different sounding, its a loud bassy clock which I like.

Wo wo wo, milk but just not the same? What dose it mean! More beige white?

Offline bobdenard

« Reply #480 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 07:34:31 »

Different accent color maybe?

Offline NOLA

« Reply #481 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 07:41:45 »

Probably means the next Koyu revision boards releasing in the next month or so.

Different accent color maybe?

Offline willdta

« Reply #482 on: Fri, 23 August 2019, 08:17:10 »
Just an update in case anyone cares, I've managed to completely eliminate the hollowness. Turns out just stuffing the case with shelf liner and not closing the case fully provides my linear switches feeling and sounding so buttery smooth.

Offline nocilantroplz

« Reply #483 on: Sun, 25 August 2019, 21:00:59 »
I like my koyu too much I need another one for work... And my parents' place...

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #484 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 01:18:04 »
Ironman!
225209-0
225211-1
« Last Edit: Tue, 27 August 2019, 01:30:28 by mrpetrov »

Offline ttot

« Reply #485 on: Tue, 27 August 2019, 04:15:02 »
Ironman!
(Attachment Link)
(Attachment Link)

Oh man, great! I also brought this idea to life. The other day I’ll post some photos. :)
RAMA M60-A(LAKE) | RAMA KOYU(HAZE) | RAMA M60-A SEQ2(MILK) | RAMA M6-C(MILK) | RAMA M65-B(ICED) | RAMA M6-C(ICED)
SA Pulse(R3) + Mitolet | GMK Jamón | GMK Calm Depths | GMK Chocolatier | GMK Minimal | GMK Striker | GMK Pulse(Mitolet) | GMK Phosphorous | GMK Peach Blossom | GMK Nautilus 2 | GMK Bleached | GMK Pono | GMK Pixel | GMK Metropolis R2 | GMK DUALSHOT 2 | SA Polyclear

Offline ttot

« Reply #486 on: Thu, 29 August 2019, 10:18:17 »
For now... KOYU(HAZE) with internal dampener. GMK Chocolatier + RAMA "Golden ticket" keycap. Zilents V2 (67g) and Zeal Gold Plated Stabilizers V2.
RAMA M60-A(LAKE) | RAMA KOYU(HAZE) | RAMA M60-A SEQ2(MILK) | RAMA M6-C(MILK) | RAMA M65-B(ICED) | RAMA M6-C(ICED)
SA Pulse(R3) + Mitolet | GMK Jamón | GMK Calm Depths | GMK Chocolatier | GMK Minimal | GMK Striker | GMK Pulse(Mitolet) | GMK Phosphorous | GMK Peach Blossom | GMK Nautilus 2 | GMK Bleached | GMK Pono | GMK Pixel | GMK Metropolis R2 | GMK DUALSHOT 2 | SA Polyclear

Offline ttot

« Reply #487 on: Sat, 31 August 2019, 20:36:40 »
Hi there. I have some photos for you, my version of KOYU (IRON MAN EDITION).
ps: I apologize that the Iron Man without the backlight turned on - the batteries are dead. New are needed. :D

Offline foxlive

« Reply #488 on: Sun, 01 September 2019, 03:14:57 »
ps: I apologize that the Iron Man without the backlight turned on - the batteries are dead. New are needed. :D

Dope ! Really nice combo, good job bro!  :thumb:

Offline ttot

« Reply #489 on: Sun, 01 September 2019, 14:15:31 »

Dope ! Really nice combo, good job bro!  :thumb:

Thank you! :)

Offline soofullx

« Reply #490 on: Tue, 10 September 2019, 00:55:43 »
Koyu Moon w/ Internal Weight, Tealios V2 205g0, Cherry MX Stabs

Can't get enough of Dolch  ;D

Offline Vaxah

« Reply #491 on: Sat, 14 September 2019, 09:45:42 »
Super late, but i finally managed to build my Race Koyu x Jamón w/ Pata Negra!

Pretty heavy with internal weight

[Fullsize]
Stripes on stripes

[Fullsize]
Over-saturated, because people like those :D

[Fullsize]

edit: couldn't rotate images, so I uploaded them elsewhere ):
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 September 2019, 10:48:11 by Vaxah »

Offline Marutks

« Reply #492 on: Tue, 17 September 2019, 06:17:37 »
Is it possible to flash koyu from command line?

I couldn't figure out how to enable flash mode.   Is there reset button on PCB?

Offline Marutks

« Reply #493 on: Wed, 18 September 2019, 09:06:01 »
KOYU with GMK Eclipse

Offline ilpsxnus

« Reply #494 on: Thu, 19 September 2019, 18:39:16 »
Hi Rama,

May I ask where do you source those rubber strips for the Koyu feet? I'd like to get them in shorter pieces.

Offline Marutks

« Reply #495 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 17:54:11 »
Has anyone found how to flash KOYU from command line ?

I found this  https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/wilba_tech    but it doesn't explain how to enable flash mode.

There is no RESET in default keymap.

Offline Lisinge

« Reply #496 on: Fri, 27 March 2020, 18:35:32 »
Has anyone found how to flash KOYU from command line ?

I found this  https://github.com/qmk/qmk_firmware/tree/master/keyboards/wilba_tech    but it doesn't explain how to enable flash mode.

There is no RESET in default keymap.

I think you can set it into DFU mode by holding escape and space when plugging in the usb cable, another way is to use the reset button on the back of the PCB.
Then you flash with regular QMK make commands, like
Code: [Select]
make wilba_tech/rama_works_koyu:default:dfu
Also, i think you might have to disable dynamic keymap like this: https://github.com/micke/qmk_firmware/blob/261afe9c4f3bc979a1d82e00411f98b81a3bc865/keyboards/wilba_tech/rama_works_koyu/keymaps/micke/rules.mk#L3

This is how i set up my keymap that i successfully flashed on my koyu: https://github.com/micke/qmk_firmware/tree/micke/keyboards/wilba_tech/rama_works_koyu/keymaps/micke
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 March 2020, 18:40:15 by Lisinge »

Offline dzbro

« Reply #497 on: Fri, 24 April 2020, 12:26:14 »
240750-0

Late to the game, but here's my Koyu Milk. Wondering when PCB's will come back in stock.

Koyu Milk x ePBT Kuro/Shiro
Internal Dampener
Lubed Tealios v2 - 205g0
Lubed Zeal stabs - 205g0