Author Topic: Typewriters - Reviews / Questions / Pictures  (Read 19915 times)

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
Re: Typewriters - Reviews / Questions / Pictures
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 20:52:15 »
Protype Display Typewriter

I think I posted this in the forums somewhere before. I still need to clean it up and maybe make a video of it in action. It prints with a wheel and has two typing functions. First is direct input like a real typewriter. The second is type display. Here you type up and edit your document on screen and when you're satisfied with it you hit Print and off it goes. First line printed L to R then drops straight down to the second line, R to L and repeats back and forth until complete.

WoB display. The keyboard is removable and has a coiled cord much like a Model M. This thing is pretty heavy, weighing about as much as a large bag of cement mix.

Close up of the keys and yellowed keyboard. I'm pretty positive they're dye-sub. Under the spacebar is a linear grey.

Yikes! Does it need a scrubbing. MX Blacks from 1987. Does that fall into vintage? These things feel incredible to type on.

I also got the original documentation as well as other peoples typed and hand written notes with tips, tricks, and general help info.

Now I need to source some 5.25" floppy discs so I can save my documents.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 20:57:38 »
Protype Display Typewriter

I think I posted this in the forums somewhere before. I still need to clean it up and maybe make a video of it in action. It prints with a wheel and has two typing functions. First is direct input like a real typewriter. The second is type display. Here you type up and edit your document on screen and when you're satisfied with it you hit Print and off it goes. First line printed L to R then drops straight down to the second line, R to L and repeats back and forth until complete.

WoB display. The keyboard is removable and has a coiled cord much like a Model M. This thing is pretty heavy, weighing about as much as a large bag of cement mix.
Show Image

this is SUPER rad.  :eek:

Close up of the keys and yellowed keyboard. I'm pretty positive they're dye-sub. Under the spacebar is a linear grey.
Show Image

Yikes! Does it need a scrubbing. MX Blacks from 1987. Does that fall into vintage? These things feel incredible to type on.
Show Image

I also got the original documentation as well as other peoples typed and hand written notes with tips, tricks, and general help info.
Show Image

Now I need to source some 5.25" floppy discs so I can save my documents.

this is SUPER rad  :eek:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
  • on Buckling Springs since '88
    • http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 22:01:32 »
Very very cool!  I think that printer is a star micronics design.  It looks very familiar.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #53 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 22:21:35 »
FreeCopy has all the goodies wow. What a fun system :D.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 02:48:36 »
well i guess im going to the typewriter store this weekend

thanks a bunch
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 09:42:58 »
Must.  Find.  Our.  Old.  Typewriter.

It even had a case for it.  I remember using it when younger, but before I could type or had our c64.  Now I need to try it again and feel a real feel.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 12:57:01 »
well i guess im going to the typewriter store this weekend

thanks a bunch

How do all of you have typewriter stores near you?!?!  :confused: Why can't I have one??

I'm not sorry, not even a little bit  :p

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 14:25:08 »
How do all of you have typewriter stores near you?!?!  :confused: Why can't I have one??
Because it's right down the street from the blacksmith, the saloon, the hotel, town hall, and the sheriff's office.  We're old school like that, lol.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 14:38:55 »
Because it's right down the street from the blacksmith, the saloon, the hotel, town hall, and the sheriff's office.  We're old school like that, lol.

Don't forget the cobbler or confectioner.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 15:33:42 »
I got all amped up to go to the store today.....and it's closed Friday. I have a sad.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 18:40:37 »
Got a handful of some old **** I wrote back in the day on my trusty old machines. Originally I had hundreds of copies, ended up burning them all in my NC Mountain home in the woodstove for heat so they'd actually be useful. A few people around here may be getting copies..

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 18:43:04 »
Got a handful of some old **** I wrote back in the day on my trusty old machines. Originally I had hundreds of copies, ended up burning them all in my NC Mountain home in the woodstove for heat so they'd actually be useful. A few people around here may be getting copies..

Show Image

I wouldn't mind getting a copy. The only published poetry I have exists in old college magazines. I don't even have copies anymore.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 19:01:19 »

Show Image

I wouldn't mind getting a copy. The only published poetry I have exists in old college magazines. I don't even have copies anymore.

PM me an address :)

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 22:55:52 »

Don't forget the cobbler or confectioner.
Ah yes!  I need to get some heels done and a cake when I'm in town with the wagon, lol.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 22:56:24 »

Show Image

PM me an address :)
Me too!  I love reading some cool stuff.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 06 November 2015, 22:57:41 »
if you've got more i'll take it

i've been writing a lot and i need more reading fodder
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 07 November 2015, 15:26:47 »

Ok...maybe late 50s. I picked up this Hermes 2000 today. Kinda fell in love with it at first touch. It's actually not bad to type on. Some of the 20s machines I was typing on were really awkward. And I LOVE THIS TYPEFACE <3 <3 <3.

Thanks for inspiring me livingspeedbump :)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 12:48:38 »
That looks like its the sex =o

Gorgeous machine!

Offline jaffers

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 14:53:47 »
Oh man.. Keyboards are draining enough as is, looks like I'm going to have to pick up a type writer now as well. Type face is dope tho. I can't imagine what I'd use it for, most of my writing is just math's equations...

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #69 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 15:03:21 »
Here are mine. Will update with better pics of the smaller Underwood and Smith Corona later.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #70 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 15:54:30 »
Show Image

Show Image

Ok...maybe late 50s. I picked up this Hermes 2000 today. Kinda fell in love with it at first touch. It's actually not bad to type on. Some of the 20s machines I was typing on were really awkward. And I LOVE THIS TYPEFACE <3 <3 <3.

Thanks for inspiring me livingspeedbump :)

If that font gets you I'd advise NOT searching for "cursive typewriter".....

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #71 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 16:17:48 »
Oh man.. Keyboards are draining enough as is, looks like I'm going to have to pick up a type writer now as well. Type face is dope tho. I can't imagine what I'd use it for, most of my writing is just math's equations...

I've been using mine for filling out work related paperwork where they need physical paper copies. "What font is this?" me: I used my typewriter. *confused stare* It's really fun and my handwriting is nowhere near as cool.

Used it to send a couple of letters. Also filled out a tag on a keycap I sent out. I think next months rent check is going to get typed up as well.
Keyboards
More
Poker II | Leopold fc500r | Bolt Modded M 1391401 x2 08NOV90 - 19NOV90 | FK-2001 White Alps Clones | Filco MJ2 104Bolt Modded SSK 1391472 27JUL87 | Winkeyless B.87 TKL | MiniVan GateReds 62g

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 16:30:58 »
Here are mine. Will update with better pics of the smaller Underwood and Smith Corona later.
Very cool!

That's really interesting how the first one has only 3 rows and a second layer on both the first and second rows for numbers and symbols.  Sounds exactly like the fn layers on the 60% boards.  :cool:

Oh, you have an adding machine!  How's it work?  Or should I ask does it work?  :-[

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #73 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 16:36:19 »
WOW!  I remember some school papers having the top in cursive, but never saw the full blown, completely connected, seamlessly flowing typewritten joy until today:
http://laviegraphite.blogspot.com/2009/03/olympians.html

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 21:23:38 »
WOW!  I remember some school papers having the top in cursive, but never saw the full blown, completely connected, seamlessly flowing typewritten joy until today:

Eh...I'm not going to lie, I'm not a fan. It looks so soulless. I prefer some of the stuff I see on Instagram such as Seblester, Gary Stranger or OatsDIY. Or the handwriting I see associated with fountain pens, dip pens, and all things handwriting. I feel like cursive just looks better handwritten.

I quite like the print typefaces of typewriters. It looks so mechanical and official until you see the corrected double letters or the weird indentations. Or even the inconsistency of the strike of a letter throughout a word. It's this fun juxtaposition.

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #75 on: Sun, 08 November 2015, 23:22:11 »

Eh...I'm not going to lie, I'm not a fan. It looks so soulless. I prefer some of the stuff I see on Instagram such as Seblester, Gary Stranger or OatsDIY. Or the handwriting I see associated with fountain pens, dip pens, and all things handwriting. I feel like cursive just looks better handwritten.

I quite like the print typefaces of typewriters. It looks so mechanical and official until you see the corrected double letters or the weird indentations. Or even the inconsistency of the strike of a letter throughout a word. It's this fun juxtaposition.
I could never write cursive consistently well, so the typewriter in its perfect formation of each letter and seamlessness get me.  But it's a different world from real handwritten script that has a lot more 'soul' to it.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #76 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 13:15:18 »
Got a very, very cool Julietta 25 typewriter in from Germany today. Notice that it is QWERTZ and not QWERTY. Often called the "Baby Valentine" these are extremely hard to find, especially in such good condition. This one was completely restored by flohto in Berlin.

Full Gallery: https://www.keychatter.com/2015/11/10/gallery-julietta-25-vintage-typewriter/

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #77 on: Tue, 10 November 2015, 13:27:21 »
Got a very, very cool Julietta 25 typewriter in from Germany today. Notice that it is QWERTZ and not QWERTY. Often called the "Baby Valentine" these are extremely hard to find, especially in such good condition. This one was completely restored by flohto in Berlin.

Show Image

Full Gallery: https://www.keychatter.com/2015/11/10/gallery-julietta-25-vintage-typewriter/

Wow! That thing is awesome! Now I want to find an old typewriter and see what I can do to restore it. Have you used it yet? Any typing samples?
Keyboards
More

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #78 on: Thu, 12 November 2015, 16:25:34 »

Show Image

Wow! That thing is awesome! Now I want to find an old typewriter and see what I can do to restore it. Have you used it yet? Any typing samples?

I'll try to make a video later! Types fairly well, definitely not as good as a Valentine, but the aesthetic is relatively the same. It is definitely a nice feeling machine though!

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #79 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 13:50:11 »
Don't get into the typewriter writer hobby.  It's worse than keyboards.  I went the 2014 International Typewriters Collectors convention.  I met some guys that have hundreds.  You hoard because they are not produced anymore.  Trust me, stay away.  It's a black hole.

You've been warned.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #80 on: Sat, 14 November 2015, 16:52:42 »
Don't get into the typewriter writer hobby.  It's worse than keyboards.  I went the 2014 International Typewriters Collectors convention.  I met some guys that have hundreds.  You hoard because they are not produced anymore.  Trust me, stay away.  It's a black hole.

You've been warned.

Nah, man.  I'm just gonna get the one or two and that'll be it.

:))

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 15:32:43 »
https://www.keychatter.com/2015/11/15/andys-porch-typewriters-my-first-keyboard-crush/

A few more pics and personal stories about my typewriters  :cool:

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #82 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 15:47:12 »
https://www.keychatter.com/2015/11/15/andys-porch-typewriters-my-first-keyboard-crush/

Nice write-up. Definitely agree on the point about checking for keycap and switch types. I originally picked up my display typewriter to harvest the vintage blacks. The fact that it works perfectly has kept it in a complete and utilized state. Either way, and for the incredibly lucky price of $0.00, it was a win.

My luck on finding a manual typewriter has been almost zero. The one I did find was not going to be let go of. The search continues.
Keyboards
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #83 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 16:37:05 »

Great write-up.  :) 

One question though.  You mentioned that there are two types of typewriters - manual and electric.  I have two "electric" typewriters, but they are very different.  One plugs in, but operates as a manual does, with the exception of what seems to be an "electric assist" (you can push the switch lightly and still get a full-powered thock out of the hammer).  The other seems to be more like what you described in your post, where you can type nearly as fast as on a PC, and the machine simply queues up all the strokes and applies them as it has a chance.

So the question is two-fold; which are you referring to when you say electric, and is there really even that big of a difference between them?  (functionally there is, but maybe design-wise there isn't?)

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #84 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 20:57:31 »

One question though.  You mentioned that there are two types of typewriters - manual and electric.  I have two "electric" typewriters, but they are very different.  One plugs in, but operates as a manual does, with the exception of what seems to be an "electric assist" (you can push the switch lightly and still get a full-powered thock out of the hammer).  The other seems to be more like what you described in your post, where you can type nearly as fast as on a PC, and the machine simply queues up all the strokes and applies them as it has a chance.

So the question is two-fold; which are you referring to when you say electric, and is there really even that big of a difference between them?  (functionally there is, but maybe design-wise there isn't?)

Very solid questions (and modified post to say "main types").

The key difference is obviously the feel. Manual vs. any type of electric will be drastically different. You really have to pound the keys to get a good clean letter on most manuals. That action really makes the experience for me.

Electrics, and the electric  assisted ones (i had a few like that before) are just as good, but obviously the feel is going to be quite a bit different. I actually hated mine that 'cued" the letters like you mentioned. The "clack" didn't align with my typing and it just threw me off constantly haha. They definitely feel closer to typing on a computer keyboard, and not the old fashioned typewriters most people associate with the word "typewriter." I need to bust out a few of my electrics and play with them again, its been quite a while since I've used most of them.

You definitely touch on a good point though. There are really sooooooo many small variants when it comes to classifying typewriters that it gets really hard to accurately group types together, because there will always be some typewriter that just breaks all the damn rules  :eek: And as many as I've owned, I'm surely no expert and have much more to figure out and try (wallet permitting ;) )

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #85 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 20:59:55 »

Nice write-up. Definitely agree on the point about checking for keycap and switch types. I originally picked up my display typewriter to harvest the vintage blacks. The fact that it works perfectly has kept it in a complete and utilized state. Either way, and for the incredibly lucky price of $0.00, it was a win.

My luck on finding a manual typewriter has been almost zero. The one I did find was not going to be let go of. The search continues.

Yeah, im not quite sure why that is. I think a lot of it has to do with people buying them up just because they look good as decor as well, so the market for manuals branches out over a lot more people.

As much Ebay stuff can stuck though, there are lots out there for cheap. if you take a gamble you could always end up with a great machine.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #86 on: Sun, 15 November 2015, 21:04:51 »

Very solid questions (and modified post to say "main types").

The key difference is obviously the feel. Manual vs. any type of electric will be drastically different. You really have to pound the keys to get a good clean letter on most manuals. That action really makes the experience for me.

Electrics, and the electric  assisted ones (i had a few like that before) are just as good, but obviously the feel is going to be quite a bit different. I actually hated mine that 'cued" the letters like you mentioned. The "clack" didn't align with my typing and it just threw me off constantly haha. They definitely feel closer to typing on a computer keyboard, and not the old fashioned typewriters most people associate with the word "typewriter." I need to bust out a few of my electrics and play with them again, its been quite a while since I've used most of them.

You definitely touch on a good point though. There are really sooooooo many small variants when it comes to classifying typewriters that it gets really hard to accurately group types together, because there will always be some typewriter that just breaks all the damn rules  :eek: And as many as I've owned, I'm surely no expert and have much more to figure out and try (wallet permitting ;) )

Cool, thanks for the repsonse.  Very informative.  :)  I definitely agree about the electric feeling strange since the sound doesn't match up.  :confused:  I still rather enjoy it though, because it's such an "easy" machine to use.

I really need to do some restoration on my manual though - I may be hitting you up for some advice there.  ;)  There seem to be a couple pieces that are loose or otherwise dislodged, and I'm clueless as to how to handle that.  :))

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #87 on: Mon, 16 November 2015, 10:33:31 »
That's a good point about the variances in electric 'types'.  I know the one we have (somewhere) is the type that has an electrical assist.  Can't wait to find it this week and see if it still works. :D

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #88 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 04:57:40 »
I should really just stay away from this thread and the whole typewriter hobby... Since I know that if I buy one, it won't be enough and there are already five I want, but for all sorts of different reasons:

1. Hermes Rocket. My mother had one of these and it's a great portable.
2. Olivetti Valentine. It's just beautiful and reminds me of all the better "designer" stuff from the '70s.
3. Hammond Varityper or Multiplex. This is the machine Tolkien used and it produces such good, solid print. Also has interchangeable "font" drums. Main inspiration for my portable keyboard design.
4. Corona 3. I like the "40%" layout and the overall design very much. Also one of the inspirations for my portable keyboard design.
5. Blickensderfer No 5 with "scientific" layout. This is just such a cute and intricate machine with an "ergonomic" character layout. Appeals to me on many levels. Another inspiration machine.

I don't have time, space or money for them right now, so I'll stick to keyboards, but if I ever do (like perhaps when I retire?) I'll definitely be getting myself one.. or five... or seven.
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #89 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 07:04:51 »
Sigh. Where do you guys find so well restored typewriters.......all I can get are dinged and old unmaintained ones :(

*Old pic from when I wiped them down after my UK trip*

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #90 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 09:50:25 »
I should really just stay away from this thread and the whole typewriter hobby... Since I know that if I buy one, it won't be enough and there are already five I want, but for all sorts of different reasons:

2. Olivetti Valentine. It's just beautiful and reminds me of all the better "designer" stuff from the '70s.
3. Hammond Varityper or Multiplex. This is the machine Tolkien used and it produces such good, solid print. Also has interchangeable "font" drums. Main inspiration for my portable keyboard design.
4. Corona 3. I like the "40%" layout and the overall design very much. Also one of the inspirations for my portable keyboard design.
5. Blickensderfer No 5 with "scientific" layout. This is just such a cute and intricate machine with an "ergonomic" character layout. Appeals to me on many levels. Another inspiration machine.

I don't have time, space or money for them right now, so I'll stick to keyboards, but if I ever do (like perhaps when I retire?) I'll definitely be getting myself one.. or five... or seven.
I think these typewriters are necessary to completely understand the history of your keyboard hobby.  ;) ;D

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #91 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 11:34:49 »
Olympia Traveller Club Members

LSB
JD
Shadovved
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #92 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 19:31:17 »

LSB
JD
Shadovved

IMO they are probably one of the easiest to find, yet totally awesome and smoothest typing machines around :D  :thumb:

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #93 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 19:32:11 »
Sigh. Where do you guys find so well restored typewriters.......all I can get are dinged and old unmaintained ones :(

Show Image

whooaaaaa  :eek: Some sleek machines there!

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #94 on: Tue, 17 November 2015, 19:33:46 »

If you have to get just one, that Valentine is the way to go. I need to pull mine out. In both functionality and looks it is absolutely amazing. But overall a very, very good list. Definitely more than a few on there i'd really love to have.

Offline Shadovved

• * Esteemed Elder
  • King of Stickers (and GBs)
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 19 November 2015, 19:22:21 »

LSB
JD
Shadovved

YAAAA MAN. But I've been trying to remove the stains on my Olympia...They cant seem to get out with wiping alone.

But my favourite is still the pink Imperial one, although the Kofa one is more frequently used :))

Show Image

whooaaaaa  :eek: Some sleek machines there!

I've been trying to work on restoring the surfaces but how do you touch up on the powder coating? Other than recoating it entirely again :(

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #96 on: Tue, 08 December 2015, 13:00:25 »
After a few weeks of not using my Hermes 2000, broke it out to work on a present. I made sooooo many mistakes. I should really look into correction tape or just remember to type at like half speed.

Offline FreeCopy

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #97 on: Sun, 13 December 2015, 17:11:36 »
Keyboards
More

Offline SamirD

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #98 on: Mon, 14 December 2015, 20:12:05 »
I never found my dad's old typewriter that I used as a kid. :(  So sad.  I'm hoping we have it somewhere else than where I was looking.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 17 December 2015, 09:12:43 »
Seemed the most relevant place to share this.

http://failuremag.com/feature/article/how-much-is-that-click-clack-worth/

The author Richard Polt? He restored the Hermes 2000 I'm typing on. He's a professor at a local university. Random funfacts.