Author Topic: Matias switches...four very different experiences  (Read 1072 times)

Offline macguy80

Matias switches...four very different experiences
« on: Sat, 01 January 2022, 21:59:56 »
So my first experience with the QuietClick switches was in a Matias QuietPro keyboard. It is from one of the first runs (though perhaps not THE first), with white sliders. It just has a rough feel to it (that it's had since it was new), and I don't use it much.

I have since bought a KBParadise V80, which has newer QuietClick switches. In contrast to the Matias board, it has a much smoother feel (perhaps that's not the right word, but it's definitely "better"), and even the sound is more pleasing. Is this because the switches themselves have been refined over the years in ways more substantial than slider color?

I'm curious primarily because my experience with Matias CLICK switches across the two manufacturers was exactly the opposite: I started with a KBParadise V80, and it pinged so much that I never used it. It just didn't feel special enough to put up with the noise.

Then I got a Matias Tactile Pro (latest gen), and the experience was far superior to the V80 board, in both sound and feel.

It's interesting that my favorite keyboard with either switch is from a different manufacturer.