Author Topic: [TMK] HHKB Alt Controller with Mini-B/Type-C connector  (Read 520183 times)

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
Re: [TMK] HHKB Alt Controller
« Reply #500 on: Sun, 18 March 2018, 21:22:03 »
Hi, I would like to buy a hasu bluetooth controller for my HHKB Pro2. O really don't know how this works though. I'm new in the forum.

I'm happy to answer if you have any specific question after reading the first post.

Offline kaesve

« Reply #501 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 14:26:58 »
Hi Hasu,

I'm having a problem with my hhkb (jp layout) with your controller. I'm not sure what the problem is caused, but I'm hoping you could help me figure this out. Two keys on my board are 'broken'; the left windows key now acts as the left alt key, and the left alt key is unresponsive. It actually started with both keys being completely unresponsive, but the win key started triggering the alt-key after I used compressed air to clean the board. This makes me think that there's just some dirt short-circuiting something, and that it is fixable, but I'm not sure where the problem would be. I took the case apart and removed the domes/springs for those keys but i did not see anything strange. Do you have an idea on how I can troubleshoot this issue?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #502 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 14:45:31 »
It sounds like boot magic functions like swap alt/win and win lock.

I like to know how you got firmware or what the version of it?
Can you get version info on hid_listen with pressing both shifts and v key?

Sent from my WAS-LX2J using Tapatalk

Offline kaesve

« Reply #503 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 15:18:58 »
Thank you so much for your quick response. My firmware is tmk with a custom keymap. device info:

----- Version -----
DESC: t.m.k. keyboard firmware for HHKB mod
VID: 0xFEED(t.m.k.) PID: 0xCAFE(HHKB mod) VER: 0x0104
BUILD: 10a6b2c-dirty (18:37:16 Nov 27 2015)
OPTIONS: LUFA BOOTMAGIC MOUSEKEY EXTRAKEY CONSOLE COMMAND NKRO 4096
GCC: 4.8.1 AVR-LIBC: 1.8.0svn AVR_ARCH: avr5

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #504 on: Wed, 04 April 2018, 20:12:32 »
Thank you so much for your quick response. My firmware is tmk with a custom keymap. device info:

----- Version -----
VID: 0xFEED(t.m.k.) PID: 0xCAFE(HHKB mod) VER: 0x0104
BUILD: 10a6b2c-dirty (18:37:16 Nov 27 2015)
OPTIONS: LUFA BOOTMAGIC MOUSEKEY EXTRAKEY CONSOLE COMMAND NKRO 4096
GCC: 4.8.1 AVR-LIBC: 1.8.0svn AVR_ARCH: avr5

I beleive you accidentally held space bar and some keys down accidentally when plugin the keyboard.
Bootmagic settings are stored in EEPROM and you have to remove it by bootmagic command.

Hold space and backspace and plugin in to remove the settings.

Check this entry for detail.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/#boot-magic-configuration---virtual-dip-switch

After that optionally you can update the controller with the latest firmware downloaded from keymap editor. Current firmware disables the bootmagic and users never go wrong like this.

Offline the_fascist

« Reply #505 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 19:02:32 »
question about the ACTION_LAYER_TAP_KEY function.  Is it possible to shorten the time you need to press the button down?  It is a bit too slow for me.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #506 on: Thu, 05 April 2018, 20:00:19 »
question about the ACTION_LAYER_TAP_KEY function.  Is it possible to shorten the time you need to press the button down?  It is a bit too slow for me.

Currently 'TAPPING_TERM' is only parameter for tapping key. You will have to fix tmk_core code if this doesn't work for you.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/51326077b085ad5c82cb0ea7c63405364c052cd5/tmk_core/common/action_tapping.h#L22-L25

EDIT: you can configure in config.h
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/blob/master/keyboard/hhkb/config.h#L43-L44

EDIT2: Added FAQ entry for this now.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/wiki/FAQ-Keymap#tap-keydual-role-key-doesnt-work-for-me
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 April 2018, 20:19:48 by hasu »

Offline LynnDeisky

« Reply #507 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 03:06:08 »
Nice work.

Would you consider the controller for HHKB BT?

Because I love BT’s case design but it does not support USB connection to type and keymapping.

Thanks

Offline menuhin

« Reply #508 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 04:53:34 »
Updated firmware for Bluetooth controller.
With this new firmware it does NKRO in USB mode by default now, still 6KRO in Bluetooth.
No other improvents at all. If you have no problem with 6KRO you don't have to update. This update is not for USB controller.

The firmware is available from Keymap Editor or github repo.
http://www.tmk-kbd.com/tmk_keyboard/editor/
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/tree/master/keyboard/hhkb

Check this commit for detail.
https://github.com/tmk/tmk_keyboard/commit/f2761c9565e76706853a4a0b148c8e93369e49e5

Thanks

A bit late to get to the good news.
Thanks for working on that Hasu!
Wishlist: 1) nice thick Alps caps; 2) Cherry profile POM;
More
Wishful-list: 1) We order from keyboard-layout-editor.com; 2) usable Trackpoint module for all keyboards
IBM M13 black
NeXT non-ADB keyboard (AAE)
HHKB Pro 2 HasuBT
[~90WPM, in love with Emacs, and Lisp]

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #509 on: Thu, 24 May 2018, 17:26:16 »
Nice work.

Would you consider the controller for HHKB BT?

Because I love BT’s case design but it does not support USB connection to type and keymapping.

Thanks

I looked into that and decided not to. I have no plan on PD-KB600 at this point, at least.

Offline locker47

« Reply #510 on: Sun, 27 May 2018, 16:41:59 »
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but is anyone interested in swapping their HHKB Pro 2 bottom casing (with openings for the USB) for one without (from HHKB JP)? I bought a BT controller and am looking for the clean solution to mount it on my JP case (no drilling).

On another note, great work hasu! Any new projects you're working on (HHKB-related or not)?

Offline kaio

« Reply #511 on: Sat, 02 June 2018, 22:46:39 »
(Thank you very much, Hasu-san. Hand waving from Brisbane, Australia! Received the module and worked perfectly. I have just ordered a LiPo on eBay but it scheduled the arrival in 2.5 months which is typical for those China sellers who always sent by ships...  :()

Hi, it is not difficult to drill 3 holes and very clean. You just need to measure the drill spots precisely, and be patient drilling from the smaller tips to the ideal tip size. I did about 5-6 times for avoiding the plastic crack. Done within 10 mins:

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but is anyone interested in swapping their HHKB Pro 2 bottom casing (with openings for the USB) for one without (from HHKB JP)? I bought a BT controller and am looking for the clean solution to mount it on my JP case (no drilling).

On another note, great work hasu! Any new projects you're working on (HHKB-related or not)?
« Last Edit: Sat, 02 June 2018, 22:51:26 by kaio »

Offline locker47

« Reply #512 on: Wed, 06 June 2018, 22:21:35 »
Thanks for the tips! That looks like it was done very cleanly. I guess I'll just give it a shot and hope for the best.

Just a small note, do you have any tips on how to measure the drill spots? And also how accessible is your power switch?

(Thank you very much, Hasu-san. Hand waving from Brisbane, Australia! Received the module and worked perfectly. I have just ordered a LiPo on eBay but it scheduled the arrival in 2.5 months which is typical for those China sellers who always sent by ships...  :()

Hi, it is not difficult to drill 3 holes and very clean. You just need to measure the drill spots precisely, and be patient drilling from the smaller tips to the ideal tip size. I did about 5-6 times for avoiding the plastic crack. Done within 10 mins:

Show Image

Offline the_marsbar

« Reply #513 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 12:29:22 »
Hasu BT controller should work via BT connection to iPad, and BT is a big plus for either home use or on the road. But BT has its limitations and I'm not keen on always watching out for whether this or that device is going to run out of juice.

What is unfair is that HHKP Pro 1 and HHKP JP (with their unmodified original controllers) can connect to iPads through cable without any problem; it's just HHKB Pro 2's original controller.

Please do if you have the chance and I'm also looking forward to Hasu's answer (I'm not sure if he has access to an iPad model with thunderbolt socket)

If you want USB connection to iPad you better have USB controller. Bluetooth controller draws fair amount of current for battery charging and iPad will refuse it. Charging current of Bluetooth controller can be up to 500mA. Original Pro2 draws around 120mA for its hubs, for reference.

USB Alt controller(of all variants) draws around 20mA and it should work with iPad on USB connection.

Does this mean that if the purpose is to connect the HHKB to an iPad using the camera adapter, then the USB controller is better than the BT controller?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #514 on: Tue, 19 June 2018, 16:49:13 »
Hasu BT controller should work via BT connection to iPad, and BT is a big plus for either home use or on the road. But BT has its limitations and I'm not keen on always watching out for whether this or that device is going to run out of juice.

What is unfair is that HHKP Pro 1 and HHKP JP (with their unmodified original controllers) can connect to iPads through cable without any problem; it's just HHKB Pro 2's original controller.

Please do if you have the chance and I'm also looking forward to Hasu's answer (I'm not sure if he has access to an iPad model with thunderbolt socket)

If you want USB connection to iPad you better have USB controller. Bluetooth controller draws fair amount of current for battery charging and iPad will refuse it. Charging current of Bluetooth controller can be up to 500mA. Original Pro2 draws around 120mA for its hubs, for reference.

USB Alt controller(of all variants) draws around 20mA and it should work with iPad on USB connection.

Does this mean that if the purpose is to connect the HHKB to an iPad using the camera adapter, then the USB controller is better than the BT controller?

Yes, USB controller draws less current from USB port than Bluetooth controller does.
With the latest firmware setup, HHKB installed with USB Alt controller draws around 40mA  while it consumes around 50mA with Bluetooth Alt controller.

EDIT: But I don't know if this difference matters with iPad, except for power consumption. I don't have the camera adapter and iPad to test.
« Last Edit: Tue, 19 June 2018, 16:52:36 by hasu »

Offline the_marsbar

« Reply #515 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 02:30:46 »
Thanks for your reply hasu.

I can see that the response time of the HHKB is listed at ~16 ms. Will installing a new controller not affect this (positively or negatively)? Or is the delay due to the sensing circuit?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #516 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 03:55:37 »
Thanks for your reply hasu.

I can see that the response time of the HHKB is listed at ~16 ms. Will installing a new controller not affect this (positively or negatively)? Or is the delay due to the sensing circuit?

It is scan rate, that is, original HHKB scans all keys on its matrix per 16ms.
This Alt controller emulates this behaviour basically by default. You will be able to configure firmware to scan upto twice faster safely, but I don't know if it works properly at further faster rate.
Yes, Topre capacitive sensing chip defines upper limit of this rate.

Offline the_marsbar

« Reply #517 on: Fri, 22 June 2018, 12:01:27 »
Great, thanks for that. I’ll do some experiment when I receive it. 16 ms is not that fast in terms of analog to digital conversion.

Offline sabotai

« Reply #518 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 10:31:58 »
Hi everyone, I need some help. I just bought a BT controller and it seems to not register keypresses in bluetooth mode.

I connect to my PC just fine, solid red LED(right)
Keypress register when connected via USB

info that might help:
got my hex file from TMK Keymad Editor
flash my hex with qmk_toolbox

Thanks in advance!

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #519 on: Wed, 27 June 2018, 18:07:32 »
Hi everyone, I need some help. I just bought a BT controller and it seems to not register keypresses in bluetooth mode.

I connect to my PC just fine, solid red LED(right)
Keypress register when connected via USB

info that might help:
got my hex file from TMK Keymad Editor
flash my hex with qmk_toolbox

Thanks in advance!

It looks to me like you are using firmware for USB controller for some reason. Try getting firmware from here and flash it again.
http://www.tmk-kbd.com/tmk_keyboard/editor/unimap/?hhkb_rn42

Offline the_marsbar

« Reply #520 on: Tue, 03 July 2018, 14:26:31 »
Within approx. one hour I managed to flash QMK firmware with an advertised power draw of 50 mA, and the keyboard now works with and iPad, iPhone etc.

Nice work :) I may consider adding a battery later on, but for now I don't need it.

One small issue though; there's a high-pitched noise when the controller is connected to the computer via USB. Are you aware of this, hasu?
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 July 2018, 04:17:35 by the_marsbar »

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #521 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 19:40:39 »
Within approx. one hour I managed to flash QMK firmware with an advertised power draw of 50 mA, and the keyboard now works with and iPad, iPhone etc.

Nice work :) I may consider adding a battery later on, but for now I don't need it.

One small issue though; there's a high-pitched noise when the controller is connected to the computer via USB. Are you aware of this, hasu?

With not-full charged battery the controller will try to draw charging current around 500mA max from iPad, this may cause problem.

Yes, it is normal with the DC-DC converter setup.

Offline the_marsbar

« Reply #522 on: Thu, 05 July 2018, 23:34:00 »
Wait, what? When I asked you about the power consumption you wrote the following to me
Notice that Bluetooth controller without battery consumes 50mA while USB controller consumes 40mA.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #523 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 00:08:46 »
Wait, what? When I asked you about the power consumption you wrote the following to me
Notice that Bluetooth controller without battery consumes 50mA while USB controller consumes 40mA.

Yes, it is ture but did it confuse you?
Bluetooth controller draws 50mA without battery or 500mA max with battery when charging.

Offline the_marsbar

« Reply #524 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 01:06:56 »
Yes, it did confuse me a bit. Sorry, but just to make sure I understand you correctly then; I don't have a battery installed. I assume that means the power draw is approx. 50 mA, then?

Could you tell me where on the board to measure the power draw? +/- on the USB connection is suppose? There's a multimeter I can use in the office.

Thanks.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #525 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 01:27:52 »
Yes, it did confuse me a bit. Sorry, but just to make sure I understand you correctly then; I don't have a battery installed. I assume that means the power draw is approx. 50 mA, then?

Could you tell me where on the board to measure the power draw? +/- on the USB connection is suppose? There's a multimeter I can use in the office.

Thanks.

You are rIght, it draws 50mA when you don't install battery.

To measure current  with multimeter, you have to cut trace on the PCB or USB cable somewhere halfway.  otherwise you can use USB power meter without any hassle.
I'd recommend to get cheap USB meter from amazon or aliexpress.

Offline the_marsbar

« Reply #526 on: Fri, 06 July 2018, 01:35:42 »
Great, thanks for clearing that up, and sorry about the confusion.

I might get one of those small devices, thanks for the suggestion.

Offline the_marsbar

« Reply #527 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 06:49:44 »
I'm sorry to bring this up again. This coil whine is bothering me a bit. I have sensitive ears, I'll admit that.

Would the USB controller (without wi-fi) also have this?

What about a Teensy?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #528 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 06:52:42 »
I'm sorry to bring this up again. This coil whine is bothering me a bit. I have sensitive ears, I'll admit that.

Would the USB controller (without wi-fi) also have this?

What about a Teensy?

No and No. They don't have the inductor and won't irritate your ears!

Offline the_marsbar

« Reply #529 on: Fri, 13 July 2018, 07:01:35 »
Alright, thanks for that. I don't mean to offend you by any means. For sure the frequency is high enough that some people won't hear it. The same applies if you're in a noisy environment.

Offline tobikosu

« Reply #530 on: Sun, 29 July 2018, 08:09:15 »
Hello, I`m tobikosu.
Thank you in advance
I bought a bluetooth alternative controler and attached on HHKB US pro2 . And made hex file by TMK Keymap, then flashed hex file to controler.
After that, I wanted to re-frash the ROM , but I changed the right shift button to another key.
So, I cannot change the controler to dfu-mode.
Is there an another way to reset? For example, is there any reset button on controler?
Can anyone help me?

Offline tobikosu

« Reply #531 on: Sun, 29 July 2018, 09:38:44 »
 :thumb:
Sorry, I`v found the button out of the keyboard box.
It`s red and pushed, the controler changed into the programing mode.
So, I`v done my job.
Thank you everyone.

Offline pagosElite

• This website clings to you.
« Reply #532 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 03:00:53 »
For the BT controller, I'm reading that if I have 2 devices that I want to use with it, I would have to keep re-pairing them? I have an iPad Pro and a Macbook that I carry to class together. If I pair the MacBook, then I have to "get it out of range" before I pair the iPad? Then once I have both paired, can I switch between the two devices just by using the "Bluetooth" menu on the two devices and making it connect from there? Or would I HAVE to force re-pair using "p" command?

I ask because if force re-pairing is needed, then I will have to keep changing the keyboard settings to Colemak every time manually. I guess I'm also just not unstandanding what force re-pairing does exactly too.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #533 on: Mon, 30 July 2018, 05:12:23 »
For the BT controller, I'm reading that if I have 2 devices that I want to use with it, I would have to keep re-pairing them? I have an iPad Pro and a Macbook that I carry to class together. If I pair the MacBook, then I have to "get it out of range" before I pair the iPad? Then once I have both paired, can I switch between the two devices just by using the "Bluetooth" menu on the two devices and making it connect from there? Or would I HAVE to force re-pair using "p" command?

I ask because if force re-pairing is needed, then I will have to keep changing the keyboard settings to Colemak every time manually. I guess I'm also just not unstandanding what force re-pairing does exactly too.

Yes, mean of "out of range" includes below:
1) keep out computer away physically as its radio doesn't reach(next room, 10m or more?)
2) turn off bluetooth radio on computer
3) remove keyboard's pair info from computer
4) disconnect keyboard from computer?
5) Using "p" command to remove all pairing infos

I think 1. or 2.disabling bluetooth radio are desirable if possible because this retain pairing infomation intact so you don't have to pair it again.

I don't know how Mac and iPad "Bluetooth menu" works but I guess:

3. works but you will have to do pairing process for the computer again.

4.disconecting keyboard will not work because the controller's auto-connect feature tries to reconnect computer immediately after the disconnection.

If any of methods above doesn't work you have to use 5. method which removes all pairing infos.  This will be undesiarble in most cases and you have to pair with all hosts again from the bigining.

Offline aspire5550

« Reply #534 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 09:08:26 »
Hi Hasu, This is my first time programming a custom layout on a keyboard and first experience with TMK. I managed to configure a custom layout with tmk-kbd.com (https://goo.gl/pSaQPT) but I want to change the TAPPING_TERM and also to program a few macros.

May I know what are the best way to achieve this? I tried to use the keymap output to get a .c file and then tried using this command:
 make -f Makefile.jp KEYMAP=keymap.c clean
 make -f Makefile.jp KEYMAP=keymap.c

But was greeted with this message:
make: *** No rule to make target 'obj_hhkb_jp/keymap.c.o', needed by 'hhkb_jp.elf'.  Stop.

I am able to build properly if i just run: make -f Makefile.jp

May i know what am I missing? thank you.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #535 on: Tue, 07 August 2018, 18:28:33 »
Hi Hasu, This is my first time programming a custom layout on a keyboard and first experience with TMK. I managed to configure a custom layout with tmk-kbd.com (https://goo.gl/pSaQPT) but I want to change the TAPPING_TERM and also to program a few macros.

May I know what are the best way to achieve this? I tried to use the keymap output to get a .c file and then tried using this command:

make: *** No rule to make target 'obj_hhkb_jp/keymap.c.o', needed by 'hhkb_jp.elf'.  Stop.

When using Makefile.jp for JP model default keymap file is keymap_jp.c. You can copy your keymap file to keymap_jp.c and just run: 'make -f Makefile.jp', or name it to keymap_aspire5550.c and 'make -f Makefile.jp KEYMAP=aspire5550'.

Offline aspire5550

« Reply #536 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 05:47:08 »

When using Makefile.jp for JP model default keymap file is keymap_jp.c. You can copy your keymap file to keymap_jp.c and just run: 'make -f Makefile.jp', or name it to keymap_aspire5550.c and 'make -f Makefile.jp KEYMAP=aspire5550'.

Thanks,i actually got everything to work  i just straight away made modifications on the keymap_jp.c instead of relying on the one provided by tmk-kbd keymap editor.

I have one question left, i have capslock key as tap for back space and hold for ctrl. Sometimes  when i do some back space, and then quickly continue typing,it will be considered as ctrl. sometimes when i want to quickly ctrl+a, ctrl+v to select all and paste, there is some delay.

Does this mean that i needed to mess around with the TAPPING_TERM value?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #537 on: Thu, 09 August 2018, 20:05:16 »
Tuning TAPPING_TERM  may work for you but if not you will have to refine code in tmk_core/common/action_tapping.c(this is very dirty and adhoc) or implement your own dual role key in keymap file.

TMK current implementation of dual role key is intended to be used as mainly key(tap) with occasional modifier(hold) due to my requirement, so that you can place the key in alphanumeric part and type it well without conscious effort, while you will have to develop special fingering habit when you use it as modifier.

I think you need opposite implementation of this but TMK doesn't has it yet unfortunately.

Offline aspire5550

« Reply #538 on: Fri, 10 August 2018, 08:28:31 »
Tuning TAPPING_TERM  may work for you but if not you will have to refine code in tmk_core/common/action_tapping.c(this is very dirty and adhoc) or implement your own dual role key in keymap file.

TMK current implementation of dual role key is intended to be used as mainly key(tap) with occasional modifier(hold) due to my requirement, so that you can place the key in alphanumeric part and type it well without conscious effort, while you will have to develop special fingering habit when you use it as modifier.

I think you need opposite implementation of this but TMK doesn't has it yet unfortunately.

alright, thanks alot hasu . :)

Offline rinodrops

• eMotionGraphics
« Reply #539 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 05:04:34 »
Hi I've just received Alt Controller BT for Pro 2, replaced the original PCB and installed a battery.
It works fine when plugging into USB port of Mac Pro, MacBook Pro and SurfaceBook, respectively.
After several hours, LED on right side changed from orange to green.
So I assume the battery is full charged, then turned the USB/BT switch to BT mode.
LED on left side keep blinking once in a second.
Here comes a trouble.
My Macs (Mojave DP9) Bluetooth Preferences never detect HHKB, while Surface shows as TmkBT-C611.
How can I trouble shoot to use on Mac/BT? Is this related to Vender ID/Product ID issue?

The result of hid_listen.mac (L+R Shift + V, B) as follows:
   - Version -
VID: 0xFEED(t.m.k.) PID: 0x4242(HHKB mod) VER: 0x0104
BUILD: 1b76ea4 (18:02:40 Mar 16 2018)
OPTIONS: LUFA MOUSEKEY EXTRAKEY CONSOLE COMMAND NKRO KEYMAP_SECTION 4096
GCC: 4.9.2 AVR-LIBC: 1.8.0svn AVR_ARCH: avr5
BAT: 4135mV   00:00:23

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #540 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 09:14:29 »
Hi I've just received Alt Controller BT for Pro 2, replaced the original PCB and installed a battery.
It works fine when plugging into USB port of Mac Pro, MacBook Pro and SurfaceBook, respectively.
After several hours, LED on right side changed from orange to green.
So I assume the battery is full charged, then turned the USB/BT switch to BT mode.
LED on left side keep blinking once in a second.
Here comes a trouble.
My Macs (Mojave DP9) Bluetooth Preferences never detect HHKB, while Surface shows as TmkBT-C611.
How can I trouble shoot to use on Mac/BT? Is this related to Vender ID/Product ID issue?

The result of hid_listen.mac (L+R Shift + V, B) as follows:
   - Version -
VID: 0xFEED(t.m.k.) PID: 0x4242(HHKB mod) VER: 0x0104
BUILD: 1b76ea4 (18:02:40 Mar 16 2018)
OPTIONS: LUFA MOUSEKEY EXTRAKEY CONSOLE COMMAND NKRO KEYMAP_SECTION 4096
GCC: 4.9.2 AVR-LIBC: 1.8.0svn AVR_ARCH: avr5
BAT: 4135mV   00:00:23

Those version info and VID/PID look ok.
Did you try pairing mode with pressing 'both Shifts + P'?

Offline rinodrops

• eMotionGraphics
« Reply #541 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 13:43:52 »
Those version info and VID/PID look ok.
Did you try pairing mode with pressing 'both Shifts + P'?

When pressing 'both Shifts +P' during BT mode, LED turns on/off rapidly.
hid_listen says:
Entering config mode ...
CMD
Ver 6.15 04/26/2013
(c) Roving Networks
ECHO ON
SR,Z
AOK
R,1
Reboot!
Exiting config mode ...

Then LED turns on/off once in a second again.
Still not listed in Bluetooth Preferences.

Also I did RN42 initialize [LShift+RShift+ScrollLock(Fn+O)]
TmkBT appeared in the list, but couldn't connect to the device :'(
https://imgur.com/1cl7WNw

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #542 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 18:32:00 »
Hmm, isn't error message in any log or something?
Unless Mojave changed something on Bluetooth forever, methods below like SMC reset may help?

https://www.lifewire.com/fix-os-x-bluetooth-wireless-problems-2259967
http://osxdaily.com/2014/02/17/fix-bluetooth-not-available-error-mac/

Is any other Mac user with Mojave around here?

Offline rinodrops

• eMotionGraphics
« Reply #543 on: Sun, 02 September 2018, 22:34:12 »
Hmm, isn't error message in any log or something?
Unless Mojave changed something on Bluetooth forever, methods below like SMC reset may help?

https://www.lifewire.com/fix-os-x-bluetooth-wireless-problems-2259967
http://osxdaily.com/2014/02/17/fix-bluetooth-not-available-error-mac/

Is any other Mac user with Mojave around here?

I couldn't find any log except hid_listen; however,
I could resolve the issue!

Bluetooth failure on Mojave DP seems a common problem.
In this case, remove "/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist" file and restart the computer.
This file will be recreated during rebooting process. It erases all the paring information from the Mac as well.
I'm writing this post with HHKB Alt Controller BT mode. So far looks like no problem.
Thank you Hasu! This board is really awesome!  ;)

(So Alt Controller BT for Pro 2 works on macOS Mojave DP9)
« Last Edit: Sun, 02 September 2018, 22:38:19 by rinodrops »

Offline 8BitDuck

« Reply #544 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 09:24:22 »
Hi, I have a suggestion for the TMK programmer.
Would it be possible to have the option of reprogramming the 2 and 3 keys to the iso uk symbols?
I'm not too bothered not having the " on the 2 but I can't really live without the £ symbol.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #545 on: Mon, 01 October 2018, 17:32:37 »
Would it be possible to have the option of reprogramming the 2 and 3 keys to the iso uk symbols?
I'm not too bothered not having the " on the 2 but I can't really live without the £ symbol.

I'm not sure whether you tried this controller in fact, or are you asking before buying?

I think if you are using UK layout on your OS you don't have any problem, you will get pond singn with shift+3 regardless of what your keyboard legend says. Which symbol you get on OS depends totally on you keyboard configuration of your OS.

Assuming your model is JP,

Offline 8BitDuck

« Reply #546 on: Thu, 04 October 2018, 16:18:53 »

I'm not sure whether you tried this controller in fact, or are you asking before buying?

I think if you are using UK layout on your OS you don't have any problem, you will get pond singn with shift+3 regardless of what your keyboard legend says. Which symbol you get on OS depends totally on you keyboard configuration of your OS.

Assuming your model is JP,

Ah ok, I was under the assumption that you had to code the number row symbols as well as any of the other keys.
I was having a play around with your TMK configuration tool before receiving my keyboard.
Thanks for clearing that up

Offline Jkshowman

« Reply #547 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 00:02:36 »
Hello! I have some trouble flashing right now? Whenever I try to flash the bluetooth firmware through QMK, the USB defaults to just DFU mode without me even clicking the red button? The bluetooth will also connect, but no typing happens?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #548 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 00:14:50 »
Hello! I have some trouble flashing right now? Whenever I try to flash the bluetooth firmware through QMK, the USB defaults to just DFU mode without me even clicking the red button? The bluetooth will also connect, but no typing happens?

Hi,
I'm not sure what QMK means, exactly, though...
Yes, if any firmware is not on Flash memory MCU starts up in DFU mode.
Yes, wIth no firmware or wrong one it results in 'no typing'.

Offline Jkshowman

« Reply #549 on: Mon, 22 October 2018, 06:10:30 »
hmmm, how do you flash bluetooth firmware?