Author Topic: Just ordered a WEY MK06 - Any known guides on here to set it up?  (Read 5442 times)

Offline Greekbagel

Hey Everyone,

New to the forum, and just bought a WEY MK06 Keyboard as a project board. I also ordered the cable required, but unfortunately, I can't find the Control Box available for sale anywhere. Had a few questions on this board, hoping someone could help.

1. Is there a guide on this forum (can't find one) that covers the major aspects of the board? Macro setup, gettting images on the monitors, etc.

2. Assuming 1 is no, does anyone know a good source for the Control boxes? Here's an EBAY URL https://www.ebay.de/itm/Wey-Modular-Keyboard-Connector-Box-Va-22115A-Adapter-ohne-Netzteil/303068190725?hash=item4690459805:g:RqMAAOSwW9RaXpl8, but they are sold out.

3. On question 2, does anyone know what kind of power adapter this control box requires? I'm in the US so I'd probably need some sort of adapter, but just wondering what kind of power source it requires.

Thanks for any help in advance, much appreciated!!  :)

Offline ErgoMacros

Re: Just ordered a WEY MK06 - Any known guides on here to set it up?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 20:19:19 »
Hi,
I have a WEY Technology HK2000c keyboard. What I know about it is here:
   https://github.com/babarrett/wey-tek-hk2000c

In researching it I came across a couple MK06 PDFs.

Mostly what I believe of the WEY TEC HK2000C is that:
  * The control box has a lot of active components/ICs inside. (I have seen photos of the inside.)
  * With the control box it's easy to get USB out of the keyboard. (Without, I doubt that it's easy or possible) Haven't tried because I have a controller.

I have a couple PDFs from somewhere on the web. Attaching the short one to this post. (MK06 Short Guide)
The others are > 1MB. I guess you could DM me and I could email. Names are:
  * Reference Manual for WEY Multifunctional Keyboards MK06 / WEY RAY 06  (dated 09.05.2014, 5MB)
  * Reference Manual for the WEY Connector Boxes (HK96, HK2000B/C, Wey Ray) (dated 2013, 1MB)

'Luck
Today's quote: '...“but then the customer successfully broke that.”

Offline Greekbagel

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 30 August 2019, 22:28:43 »
Hi,

* The control box has a lot of active components/ICs inside. (I have seen photos of the inside.)
  * With the control box it's easy to get USB out of the keyboard. (Without, I doubt that it's easy or possible) Haven't tried because I have a controller.

I have a couple PDFs from somewhere on the web. Attaching the short one to this post. (MK06 Short Guide)
  * Reference Manual for WEY Multifunctional Keyboards MK06 / WEY RAY 06  (dated 09.05.2014, 5MB)
  * Reference Manual for the WEY Connector Boxes (HK96, HK2000B/C, Wey Ray) (dated 2013, 1MB)

'Luck

Thank you so much! I'll DM you for those PDFs. Yeah unfortunately, have been trying to order it for the last day and the Control boxes were in stock, but they don't ship to US so I had to set up a Parcel Forwarding from EU. In the time it took me to get that taken care of the Control Boxes went out of stock. I've ordered the 36-pin Cable, only things I'll be missing is the Control box and a power adapter for the box.

I've googled workarounds or other alternatives as far as a control box but unfortunately it looks like I may be SOL until I see another one in stock somewhere.

Offline vacban

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 11:28:56 »
I am in a similar boat, having bought the last of that listing when all the cables and boxes were gone. I probably should have considered at the time whether I'd ever get to use it.

If no parts or miraculous workarounds with the other ports turn up at least I have some nice caps.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 04 September 2019, 16:42:01 »
I borrowed one, and it didn't work. Then someone got it to work, I borrowed it again, and it broke after half and hour. My conclusion; good luck :p .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline Greekbagel

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 05 September 2019, 19:06:19 »
Worse comes to worse if I can't get this thing working with the Control box I'll spent a year or so gutting it and replacing the PCBs, or give up on it entirely, we will see how it works out ha.

Offline ErgoMacros

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 05 September 2019, 20:57:09 »
If it comes to that it may be easier to intercept the rows and columns and connect it to your own controller.
Save a lot of design and soldering effort.
Today's quote: '...“but then the customer successfully broke that.”

Offline odd

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 16 May 2020, 18:34:48 »
Hi,

'Luck

Thank you so much! I'll DM you for those PDFs. Yeah unfortunately, have been trying to order it for the last day and the Control boxes were in stock, but they don't ship to US so I had to set up a Parcel Forwarding from EU. In the time it took me to get that taken care of the Control Boxes went out of stock. I've ordered the 36-pin Cable, only things I'll be missing is the Control box and a power adapter for the box.

I've googled workarounds or other alternatives as far as a control box but unfortunately it looks like I may be SOL until I see another one in stock somewhere.

Hey man,

Do you still have those Wey-Tec manuals? If so I would loveto have copies of them as Ihave just picked one up and I cannot seem to find any manuals for download. Let me know, thank you

-Josh