Author Topic: Feedback on a Southpaw "Condensed" Full Size Layout  (Read 5079 times)

Offline Frothy_Coffe_e

Feedback on a Southpaw "Condensed" Full Size Layout
« on: Thu, 02 March 2023, 06:37:09 »
First time posting so please be kind :)

Some background... I have really gotten into my 3D printing lately and would really like to combine two of my hobbies and print keyboard parts. With that in mind, I wanted to try my hand at also designing a keyboard, layout and all (with my preferences in mind).

A little about my preferences : I need a numpad, I sorely miss it, however, I also like a lot of real estate on the right side of my keyboard so that I can make large movements with my mouse, or even place a tablet there to draw. With regards to the keyboards depth (y-axis), I am not as concerned with space.

With that in mind...

Goals for the Layouts Design :
  • Reduce width on right-hand side of work area on keyboard (thus the reason a numpad would be fitted on the left).
  • Keep as many keys as possible from a full layout.
  • If possible, try to design the layout to fit standard sized keycaps. While there are plenty of keycap sets out there that cater to all kinds of layouts, it has been my experience that often I find a keycap set I like that is not useable with my smaller layout keyboards. In addition, I also prefer the larger modifier keys on the right hand side of the keyboard.

And that's all I can think of for now. Pretty small list.

I would love some feedback from fellow keyboard enthusiasts on which layout variant they would prefer and why. Thank you kindly in advance for taking the time to read this and for your responses.

« Last Edit: Thu, 02 March 2023, 08:00:26 by Frothy_Coffe_e »

Offline Frothy_Coffe_e

Re: Feedback on a Southpaw "Condensed" Full Size Layout
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 02 March 2023, 06:39:10 »
EDIT: Figured out how to link the image at last
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 March 2023, 08:00:46 by Frothy_Coffe_e »