Author Topic: [Order Thread] MKC -- 2nd Generation of Zinc Keycaps. [Shipped]  (Read 92655 times)

Offline feng

• * Vendor
[Order Thread] MKC -- 2nd Generation of Zinc Keycaps. [Shipped]
« on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 08:54:12 »
All right, it's me again. I'm sure you've seen me around a lot this month.  :p

So this group buy is for MKC's 2nd generation of zinc keycaps. And the prices would be more reasonable than the 1st round.

Obviously there were a few faults with the 1st gen such as tight-fitting problem and blemish on gold keycaps.

But the 2nd gen is a way much better than the 1st gen. I have to say the 1st gen sucks, and these 2nd gen are definitely worth.

1. They look better. You will see from the pictures, the surface looks smoother and the shape is more perfect.
2. They don't have the tight-fitting problems anymore. I've tested it by myself.
3. No blemishes on the surface or side.
4. They weigh a bit ligher than the 1st gen.

These zinc keycaps will only come in silver. No gold ones available anymore. And of course these are OEM profile.

I'll stop taking orders on September 30th October 20th. And then MKC should be able to make them out in the middle of October.

Pricing:

Printed 33-Keyset $59
Blank 33-Keyset $59

Printed 37-Keyset $68
Blank 37-Keyset $68

Printed 86-Keyset $167
Blank 86-Keyset $167

Printed WYSE Modifier Kit (30 keys) $69
Blank WYSE Modifier Kit (30 keys) $69

Counter-Strik Kit (13 keys) $29
Arrow Kit (4 keys) $11
WASD Kit (4 keys) $11
Monotype Corsiva WASD Kit (4 keys) $11

Custom R4 Keys ($3 for each):
R4 Protoss
R4 Zerg
R4 Terran
R4 Cherry Logo
R4 Filco Logo
R4 Jobs-Apple
R4 NERV
R4 Punisher
R4 Autobots
R4 decepticons
R4 Skull w/ Crossbones

Blank R1(bottom row) $2
Blank R2 $2
Blank R3 $2
Blank R4 (Esc row) $2

Printed Tab $3.5
Printed Capslock $3.5
Printed Left-Shift $4.5
Printed Right-Shift $4.5
Printed Enter $4.5
Printed Backspace $4.5
Printed 1.25 Modifier Kit (7 keys) $24.5

Blank Tab $3.5
Blank Capslock $3.5
Blank Left-Shift $4.5
Blank Right-Shift $4.5
Blank Enter $4.5
Blank Backspace $4.5
Blank 1.25 Modifier $3.5

How to order:

Please notice that you'll need to send 2 separate payments as for the keycap and the shipping.

After sending the payment for your order and filling out the order form, I should be able to PM you the amount of shipping fees you need to pay within 48 hours. Of course I provide two shipping methods: USPS First Class Mail and USPS Priority Mail.

Please send the payment to tangxiruo@hotmail.com as gift or add 3.5% to cover the fees.

After sending the payment, please fill out the following form to submit your order!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dEkwYjRIU09rZms0MWtzeXNGbUlSa0E6MQ

As the last step, I'll PM you the shipping fees you need to pay for your oder. Sorry about your inconvenience but these zinc keycaps really cause different amount of shipping fees.

Order Example:

Copy the following into the order form.
1x Printed 33-Keyset $59
1x Printed Enter $4.5
3x Blank 1.25 Modifier $3.5

For this order, you would need to send $74 in total before filling out the form.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

Pictures:

1st gen (left) vs. 2nd gen (right)
2854-02856-12858-22860-3

Regular WASD kit & Monotype Corsiva WASD Kit
2818-42820-5

Arrow Kit (pics from the 1st round)
2913-62915-7

Printed 37-Keyset
2822-82824-92836-10

Blank 86-Keyset (Doesn't include the spacebar)
2846-112848-122850-132852-142862-152864-16

Printed WYSE Modifier Kit (30 keys included, doesn't include the Esc)
2826-172828-182830-192832-202834-21

Protoss & Terran & Zerg (pics from 1st round)
2838-22

Counter-Strick Kit (They will come in silver, not gold as shown in the picture)
2840-232842-242844-25

Some custom R4 keys
2868-262866-27

Order List:

paudash (Paid)(Shipped)
tsangan (Paid)(Shipped)
tipo33 (Paid)(Shipped)
Murzy (Paid)(Shipped)
JonDBurnett (Paid)(Shipped)
Scoliosis Jones (Paid)(Shipped)
gijay (Paid)(Shipped)
Gyokuro (Paid)(Shipped)
oneproduct (Paid)(Shipped)
Elrick (Paid)(Shipped)
DasKwonDo (Paid)(Shipped)
restless (Paid)(Shipped)
pasph (Paid)(Shipped)
aggiejy (Paid)(Shipped)
magnetic (Paid)(Shipped)
metalliqaz (Paid)(Shipped)
orca416 (Paid)(Shipped)
Cobertt (Paid)(Shipped)
Salisen (Paid)(Shipped)
object80 (Paid)(Shipped)
Delirious (Paid)(Shipped)
kmiller8 (Paid)(Shipped)
Alon93 (Paid)(Shipped)
ilikegravy (Paid)(Shipped)
GMC (Paid)(Shipped)
gizzard (Paid)(Shipped)
Armagedda (Paid)(Shipped)
Makeo (Paid)(Shipped)
vanillazai (Paid)(Shipped)
YoungMichael88 (Paid)(Shipped)
AuRinBei (Paid)(Shipped)
TheProfosist (Paid)(Shipped)
Zos (Paid)(Shipped)
Sugarfly (Paid)(Shipped)
nethowler (Paid)(Shipped)
« Last Edit: Tue, 23 July 2013, 23:24:08 by feng »

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Re: [Order Thread] MKC -- 2nd Generation of Zinc Keycaps. [Deadline: 9/30]
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 09:56:02 »
What profile are they Feng?

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 09:58:21 »
What profile are they Feng?
OEM for sure. Cherry & SP profiles are not so common in China. :(
« Last Edit: Sun, 26 August 2012, 10:22:05 by feng »

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 10:15:30 »
Damn :(

Will the titanium modifiers be Cherry?

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 10:21:27 »

Yes they could be since they are made by CNC. But these zinc keycaps are made by 'mold' if you know what I mean. It costs a lot to change the mold, which is why at first MKC didn't plan to bring over the 2nd generation.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 10:30:13 »
Cool :) I understand why these aren't though.

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #6 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 10:56:08 »

Titanium?
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline longweight

• philanthropist

Titanium?

Feng might be bringing titanium mods over later in the year.

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 11:38:13 »
Can we get a matching zinc spacebar or will one be available anytime soon? I'd hate for 86 keys to be the same and 1 doesn't match.

Offline damorgue

• Personal portfolio
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 11:40:00 »
He is selling a titanium space bar which might go reasonably well with these.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #10 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 14:13:23 »
Looks tempting, but I'm going to wait for the Ti mods :D
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #11 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 16:16:18 »
Would it be possible to get a printed set of Colemak? (the only changes are for the 33 and the caps lock)

« Last Edit: Sun, 26 August 2012, 16:31:33 by oneproduct »
Layout: Colemak
Fastest typing speed: 131 WPM on typeracer, 136 WPM on 10fastfingers.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.
Ergo keyboards: Truly Ergonomic, Kinesis Advantage, Ergodox

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 18:40:06 »
Can we get a matching zinc spacebar or will one be available anytime soon? I'd hate for 86 keys to be the same and 1 doesn't match.
There won't be any zinc spacebar because zinc spacebar would be very heavy. You can choose a titanium spacebar for now though, it's just much more expensive than these zinc keycaps.

Or if you can wait, MKC has a plan to make aluminum spacebar in the following months. The price should be a way lower than titanium spacebar.

Would it be possible to get a printed set of Colemak? (the only changes are for the 33 and the caps lock)

It is possible to do custom fonts but MKC would require a minimum quantity of orders.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #13 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 18:43:50 »
There won't be any zinc spacebar because zinc spacebar would be very heavy. You can choose a titanium spacebar for now though, it's just much more expensive than these zinc keycaps.

Or if you can wait, MKC has a plan to make aluminum spacebar in the following months. The price should be a way lower than titanium spacebar.

It is possible to do custom fonts but MKC would require a minimum quantity of orders.

Are the aluminum space bars going to be 6 stem for Leopold boards? I was kicking myself for not ordering 6 stem Ti space bar on one of them that I ordered encase I do ever get a Leopold board (the 700's look super nice)

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #14 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 18:47:21 »
Are the aluminum space bars going to be 6 stem for Leopold boards? I was kicking myself for not ordering 6 stem Ti space bar on one of them that I ordered encase I do ever get a Leopold board (the 700's look super nice)

No the aluminum will most likely come with 3 stems. MKC said making 6 stems will take more time. Seems like he's too busy to provide more options. So it's lucky enough to have a 3 stems aluminum spacebar. :/

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #15 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 18:48:34 »
ONE STEM................ THAT IS ALL YOU GET

^___^ lol, thanks for the info

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #16 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 19:00:41 »

AAhhhh Feng, just as I thought that I could rest the wallet for a week or two you come out with this.  DAMMIT, I want it.  I currently don't have any Metal (yes I know it's Aluminum) caps, hence this 2ND version actually looks nice.  8)

Plus the Titanium space bar should look good with all the other caps, the possible colour offset isn't a big deal to me.  I think this will be superb as long as the fitting onto the MX switches is easy without any damage whatsoever.  That's what stopped me getting the 1ST set when it was made.  :-[

Thanks for organizing this.  I think you will be known as the Metal-man here on Geekhack.  Casings, Caps, Spacebars, what else now.........

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #17 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 19:35:14 »

I just mean the normal font, but with the letters in different positions. :)
Colemak is a keyboard layout (like Dvorak or Qwerty), not a font.
Daily driver: Filco Tenkeyless MX Brown with ergonomically weighted, lubed springs.

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #18 on: Sun, 26 August 2012, 19:57:32 »
There won't be any zinc spacebar because zinc spacebar would be very heavy.

What about the rest of the zinc keys?  Would they be heavy enough to reduce the travel on an MX red or brown?

Offline Journeyer

« Reply #19 on: Mon, 27 August 2012, 02:53:46 »
Hi.
New member and recent addition to the mechanical keyboard crowd.

I would really like a printed 37-key set, but I'm wondering; are they available with the norwegian/nordic layout?

Edit: Oh crap! I just realised that you're the same guy I just asked the same question on E-bay. Never mind then. :-)
« Last Edit: Mon, 27 August 2012, 02:57:16 by Journeyer »

Offline shibbyllama889

« Reply #20 on: Mon, 27 August 2012, 21:19:06 »
Does the new stem insert area of these new caps make them more wobbly? I feel like with the channels open on all sides that may make them fit more loosely. Mostly a guess though, so I'm curious.

Offline balanar

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 08:05:06 »
Has anyone bit the bullet and bought a 86 key set of these? I'm really in love with the blank ones and I can't even touch type. These might be the incentive to make me learn!

Offline GMC

• Shiny.
« Reply #22 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 10:46:36 »
Feng. Is there any possibility to do a Pure compatible 1.75 right shift?
WASD V1 - waiting on R4... - MX Brown
KBT Pure - Zinc caps - MX Brown
Cherry G80-1800 ISO WKL - SkiData caps - MX Clear

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #23 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 11:31:19 »
Has anyone bit the bullet and bought a 86 key set of these? I'm really in love with the blank ones and I can't even touch type. These might be the incentive to make me learn!

I bought a full set of the 1st generation ones. I love the way that they feel, probably somewhat similar to the reason that people like thick keycaps. It sort of smooths out the tactile bump of the switches, so that they're still noticeable, but a little less sudden, probably because of the extra weight of the keycap. It takes a bit less force to push down against the switch, which is something that I enjoy since I love light tactile switches. I haven't tried them on switches other than browns.

There were however a lot of problems with the 1st generation. First, it was very hard to even get them on the key properly, and very difficult to remove them if you wanted. Some people that tried to pull them off ended up pulling out the switch instead of the keycap, which can be very troublesome to fix if on a plate mounted keyboard. Some of the keycaps were a little irregular in shape, not perfectly square, and I have a few that just barely brush against each other sometimes, making a metallic ping when I press one or the other. But apparently this has been all addressed now, so I'd give my recommendation for them. My only remaining complaint would be that the F and J keys don't have homing bars, so sometimes when I touch type my hand is one key off position.

Offline balanar

« Reply #24 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 13:53:03 »

I bought a full set of the 1st generation ones. I love the way that they feel, probably somewhat similar to the reason that people like thick keycaps. It sort of smooths out the tactile bump of the switches, so that they're still noticeable, but a little less sudden, probably because of the extra weight of the keycap. It takes a bit less force to push down against the switch, which is something that I enjoy since I love light tactile switches. I haven't tried them on switches other than browns.

There were however a lot of problems with the 1st generation. First, it was very hard to even get them on the key properly, and very difficult to remove them if you wanted. Some people that tried to pull them off ended up pulling out the switch instead of the keycap, which can be very troublesome to fix if on a plate mounted keyboard. Some of the keycaps were a little irregular in shape, not perfectly square, and I have a few that just barely brush against each other sometimes, making a metallic ping when I press one or the other. But apparently this has been all addressed now, so I'd give my recommendation for them. My only remaining complaint would be that the F and J keys don't have homing bars, so sometimes when I touch type my hand is one key off position.

Wow thanks for that detailed answer oneproduct!

I am pretty familiar with the issues that surrounded the first generation of these keycaps. I don't know if the irregularity in shape you mentioned has been corrected though since feng has provided assurance only about the fitting of the stem onto the switch being good now.

I guess my main worry would my personal incompetency to touch type and hence regret getting the legendless ones. Another consideration is whether I should hold out for aluminum ones or even titanium ones although I doubt I could afford the latter. Decisions decisions..

Offline oneproduct

• @Ubisoft
« Reply #25 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 16:24:13 »

I am pretty familiar with the issues that surrounded the first generation of these keycaps. I don't know if the irregularity in shape you mentioned has been corrected though since feng has provided assurance only about the fitting of the stem onto the switch being good now.

I guess my main worry would my personal incompetency to touch type and hence regret getting the legendless ones. Another consideration is whether I should hold out for aluminum ones or even titanium ones although I doubt I could afford the latter. Decisions decisions..

In his first point he said that the shape is "more perfect," so I assume that's what he means: "1. They look better. You will see from the pictures, the surface looks smoother and the shape is more perfect."

Did anyone mention any plans to make aluminum or titanium ones? That probably would be super expensive indeed. Also since MKC is already making other things out of those metals, I imagine he isn't using them for this specifically because it would be cost prohibitive.

Offline longweight

• philanthropist
Re: Re: [Order Thread] MKC -- 2nd Generation of Zinc Keycaps. [Deadline: 9/30]
« Reply #26 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 17:01:41 »

You will pick up typing on a blank board pretty quickly. Passwords can be bloody hard!

Offline Glissant

« Reply #27 on: Fri, 31 August 2012, 17:15:32 »
The blank 86 will be mine. Any idea when the aluminum space bar might be going into production?

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #28 on: Sun, 02 September 2012, 22:32:37 »
AAhhhh Feng, just as I thought that I could rest the wallet for a week or two you come out with this.  DAMMIT, I want it.  I currently don't have any Metal (yes I know it's Aluminum) caps, hence this 2ND version actually looks nice.  8)

Plus the Titanium space bar should look good with all the other caps, the possible colour offset isn't a big deal to me.  I think this will be superb as long as the fitting onto the MX switches is easy without any damage whatsoever.  That's what stopped me getting the 1ST set when it was made.  :-[

Thanks for organizing this.  I think you will be known as the Metal-man here on Geekhack.  Casings, Caps, Spacebars, what else now.........
lol I would love to be the Metal-man. :D Sounds unique on this forum.

I just mean the normal font, but with the letters in different positions. :)
Colemak is a keyboard layout (like Dvorak or Qwerty), not a font.
I've asked MKC, and he said that if you wanna change the positions of fonts, he would require 50 orders at least. :/

Offline jessecoleman

« Reply #29 on: Sun, 02 September 2012, 23:24:58 »
In one of your pictures you have an Android character but on the list of custom caps the Android character isn't listed for sale.

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #30 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 04:17:47 »
What about the rest of the zinc keys?  Would they be heavy enough to reduce the travel on an MX red or brown?

Yes they will reduce the travel on a MX red or brown a little bit. Check these out:

A Cherry PBT keycap needs 9x quarters to press down the MX red; And a Zinc keycap needs 8x quarters to do so.
3454-03456-1

And FYI, Backspace and Right-Shift are the heaviest zinc keycaps.
3458-2

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #31 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 07:38:06 »
Does the new stem insert area of these new caps make them more wobbly? I feel like with the channels open on all sides that may make them fit more loosely. Mostly a guess though, so I'm curious.

They do fit more loosely and you can even pull them out by hand. Most of them are not wobbly. But some modifiers like backsapce, enter, and shift would be a bit wobbly. I think before putting these keys on the board, you would need to paste a piece tape onto the switch so they would fit more tight.

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #32 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 08:27:25 »
Feng. Is there any possibility to do a Pure compatible 1.75 right shift?
Unfortunately not. These keys were made by mold cast, so changing the mold would cost a whole lot of money. But CNC can easily make some changes.

The blank 86 will be mine. Any idea when the aluminum space bar might be going into production?
I have no idea. It really depends on when MKC will be free to do so. Hopefully in the following 3 months.

In one of your pictures you have an Android character but on the list of custom caps the Android character isn't listed for sale.
I didn't put it into the list because I thought it's not as common as the other designs. But if many people like the Android character, I can make it happen for sure.

Offline Kaboom22

« Reply #33 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 15:10:28 »
Signed up because i think these are fantastic and i think they would look quite nice on my DAS S, but a couple of questions before i potentially order a full set:

- Is it possible to get the uk standard key labels instead of the US set? (@ moved, £ symbol etc). If you need numbers, how many others would be interested in this?
 - Are you going to make a numpad set?

Offline Murzy

« Reply #34 on: Mon, 03 September 2012, 16:24:23 »
Looks so nice and SHINY. Got to have  ;) Registered just for this :D

Please can you send the shipping costs to my email instead, as I don't think I will visit here too ofter?

Offline Ian S

« Reply #35 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 07:34:16 »
If the MX-Red spring pre-load at the top when in the switch, is about 35 grams, as stated on the Cherry graph, then to make the caps sit lower than the top the cap would have to weigh more than 35grams.  Fengs measurement shows about 51grams to fully compress the springs, in the MX-Red graph they show about 56 grams, so that's near.  So no, these caps at about 5.6 grams each can't 'reduce the key travel', ie, make the stem sit lower than normal.

My guesstimation:

1.8oz = 51g

Normal plastic cap = about 1 gram.

9 coins = 50g

1 coin = 5.6g

8 coins = 44.4g

50g - 44.4g = 5.6g for a Zn key cap.

1 gram went missing from the equation somewhere!

By that reckoning, the effect of the 5.6g weight would be to make the red spring feel about 16% lighter at the top and about 10% lighter at the bottom.  Instead of the spring being about 35 to 55grams, it's in effect lightened to 29 to 49grams.
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 September 2012, 09:11:37 by Ian S »
QPAD MK85 MX-red currently wearing beige vintage Cherry double shots.  Logitech K750.  Cherry G80 1000 with Blacks / Grey (circa 1990) that I've had since about 1994.

Sold: Realforce 88UB 45g; QPAD MK80 MX-Blue.

Offline aznsilvrboy

« Reply #36 on: Wed, 05 September 2012, 15:47:40 »
I'm interested in the Android one. Will it fit on my Filco?
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 September 2012, 15:49:15 by aznsilvrboy »

Offline i3oilermaker

• * Vendor
  • techkeys.us
    • TechKeys
« Reply #37 on: Wed, 05 September 2012, 15:56:44 »
I would buy a full set if they were Cherry/SP profile...

Offline tipo33

• "Ski"
« Reply #38 on: Wed, 05 September 2012, 19:25:08 »
I would buy a full set if they were Cherry/SP profile...
The upcoming Ti mods will be available in Cherry profile :)
KM4COL    R.I.P.  SmallFry

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #39 on: Wed, 05 September 2012, 19:35:07 »
They do fit more loosely and you can even pull them out by hand. Most of them are not wobbly. But some modifiers like backsapce, enter, and shift would be a bit wobbly. I think before putting these keys on the board, you would need to paste a piece tape onto the switch so they would fit more tight.

I have tried another method, which might sound horrendous to some people.  I bought some Selley's Silicon tube, 250gm and I squeezed a little onto the end of the CherryMX switch.  As you slide the so-called loose cap onto the switch the silicon will fill the empty space.

I usually wait for a day or so before I start using the keyboard.  A month later when I want to remove the key, it held on for a few seconds before the silicon gave way.  Hence the removal of the Cap from the Switch was easy with no damage to the switch.  The beautiful thing with the silicon it is a mild adhesive and dampener that makes the cap firm but removable from the keyboard.

But the most important thing, only use a small match head sized amount. Do not squeeze out a fist sized amount and think there will be no problems.
« Last Edit: Wed, 05 September 2012, 19:39:13 by Elrick »

Offline JonDBurnett

« Reply #40 on: Thu, 06 September 2012, 06:21:57 »
quick question, maybe others wondering aswell.
the pictures you have posted with the blank full 86-Keyset, is it one of your aluminum cases for purchase? and if so, what color?
Filco MJ2 TKL | HHKB Type-S w/ MX Sliders

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #41 on: Thu, 06 September 2012, 12:53:03 »
feng, will it be possible for you to get colored zinc caps again? Pref R2-R4

Offline WhiteFireDragon

• youtube
« Reply #42 on: Thu, 06 September 2012, 15:21:59 »

Yes they will reduce the travel on a MX red or brown a little bit. Check these out:

A Cherry PBT keycap needs 9x quarters to press down the MX red; And a Zinc keycap needs 8x quarters to do so.
No, they will not reduce the key travel. They will reduce the force needed to press down the key, but the bottom-out travel distance will be the same. Thick O-rings will reduce the travel.

Offline Salisen

• "Fire and Blood."
« Reply #43 on: Thu, 06 September 2012, 21:37:05 »
Any possibility of a side by side picture comparison with SP and/or Cherry profile keycaps?

I'm interested in a WASD set to go with noir keycaps from the round 4 double-shot group buy, but I'm not sure how much of a difference there is between the profile types.
| QPAD MK-80 |

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #44 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 02:39:20 »
quick question, maybe others wondering aswell.
the pictures you have posted with the blank full 86-Keyset, is it one of your aluminum cases for purchase? and if so, what color?
It's a Leopold 200R. ;)

Do you mean the gold ones? Actually these silver ones are colored, not the original color of zinc. MKC is not gonna make gold ones anymore because the rate of falling is pretty high.

No, they will not reduce the key travel. They will reduce the force needed to press down the key, but the bottom-out travel distance will be the same. Thick O-rings will reduce the travel.
Thanks for clearing this up dragon. I thought by travel he means the force needed to press down the key. :/

Any possibility of a side by side picture comparison with SP and/or Cherry profile keycaps?

I'm interested in a WASD set to go with noir keycaps from the round 4 double-shot group buy, but I'm not sure how much of a difference there is between the profile types.
Sure I'll update more pics about the profiles soon.

Offline feng

• * Vendor
« Reply #45 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 02:40:10 »
Please ignore that capslock and spacebar, they don't fit. :P

3899-03901-13903-2

Offline Cindori

• My Blog
« Reply #46 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 03:27:54 »
Do you mean the gold ones? Actually these silver ones are colored, not the original color of zinc. MKC is not gonna make gold ones anymore because the rate of falling is pretty high.

No I mean red/green/blue ones. :)

Offline Salisen

• "Fire and Blood."
« Reply #47 on: Fri, 07 September 2012, 10:34:06 »

Sure I'll update more pics about the profiles soon.

Awesome, thanks. :)

I wish there was an ISO return key available.  Well, I say that, lately, I'm spending a bit much on keycaps and bits to make keyboards; perhaps it's a good thing... :P
« Last Edit: Fri, 07 September 2012, 10:36:14 by Salisen »
| QPAD MK-80 |

Offline DasKwonDo

« Reply #48 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 05:31:10 »
The text and pictures on the keys, can I ask how long lasting it is?

how has it been done?

Cheers.

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #49 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 22:15:17 »
It looks lasered to me, and should be very long lasting. You might have to clean it sometimes, though.