Author Topic: Pink topre caps from EK...  (Read 2626 times)

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
Pink topre caps from EK...
« on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 15:34:06 »
hello all! On my mission to purchase some pink topre keycaps and not having any luck I decided to reach out to realforce directly with the slim hopes that I could work something out with them directly. Surprisingly, they responded to my personal message and stated that if elite keyboards were to request more colored keycap colors(specifically pink) that they(Realforce) would be wiling to produce them.

I've reached out to Ek and am awaiting to hear back from them. 

I know there are quite a few people looking for pink topre caps so I will update this thread as info becomes available. Hope for the best!!

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
Re: Pink topre caps from EK...
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 15:37:14 »
That's awesome! I'd probably pcik up 2-3 sets(if they were blanks. if printed, probably 1)
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 15:49:06 »
I would be interested in any blank sets.  :eek:  Especially white and orange, if they can do it.  Keep us informed.  :thumb:

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 15:52:35 »
I'd be in for a couple of blank/printed pink sets, and a few more if they made a blank lavender set  :eek:

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 18:03:47 »
Ha, looks like they  would restock it after all.

Hopefully they restock other ones as well.

Offline tokidokijake

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 18:42:48 »
Quick update, EK has told me they have tried to get more keycaps in the last from realforce but haven't had success with realforce following through. :-(  I'll keep trying to contact realforce and try to make something happen.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 18:49:45 »
Quick update, EK has told me they have tried to get more keycaps in the last from realforce but haven't had success with realforce following through. :-(  I'll keep trying to contact realforce and try to make something happen.

They told me the same thing in the past.  I hope you have better luck with all of this.

Offline luminor

« Reply #7 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 00:14:34 »
i've been looking for the pink as well but no luck

Offline pesky brat

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 12:25:41 »
Definitely interested in a blank set if you can make this happen

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 12:30:56 »

Well that's sad. 

Does anyone know if PFU has ever been contacted about custom caps or if they'd be willing to do them?  I know a ton of people would love HHKB options without having to use Realforce or dye HHKB caps.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 12:55:20 »

Well that's sad. 

Does anyone know if PFU has ever been contacted about custom caps or if they'd be willing to do them?  I know a ton of people would love HHKB options without having to use Realforce or dye HHKB caps.

I emailed several different addresses that I found, about ordering several hundred sets, but no responses. This was probably almost a year ago now.

Offline Khers

• Schrödinger's box
« Reply #11 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 15:35:46 »
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 July 2018, 08:06:09 by Khers »

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #12 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 16:21:03 »

Well that's unfortunate. I wonder why they decided to end production of the coloured keysets in the first place. Given the interest there seems to be in adding colour to Realforces and HHKBs and the fact that widebasket sells them at $150 on ebay and people pay this for a set, there must be a market for them. Maybe it's just too small to be of any financial interest to Topre?

I am not sure how much of this is fact, but around the time EK stopped selling them, rumors were that Realforce was moving to a larger factory.  Due to that, they supposedly stopped production, and the "well" dried up.  EK has told me, that they had a rather large order in for quite some time, and it was never fulfilled.  Weather or not the initial rumor for the production stoppage is true or not, I don't know.  These sets were initially produced for Realforce's 10th anniversary.  I assume that they ran a limited number of sets, and called it quits afterwards.  But, who knows.

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 13 April 2015, 10:05:01 »
Just wanted to throw in my interest as well. I would love sets in a number of colors printed or blank Orange,Pink,green and the dark blue from the anniversary caps are all sets I would be interested In! Even if nothing comes of it thanks for putting yourself out there in an effort  :thumb:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade