Author Topic: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)  (Read 4183118 times)

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
Re: What's Bothering You? (The thread about what is bothering you.)
« Reply #27251 on: Sun, 13 October 2019, 22:08:30 »
too many things
I love Elzy

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27252 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 05:41:36 »
Went to the kitchen, put the oven on, made a pasta bake, set the oven timer so I didn't forget and cremate it.  Anyone spot the missing step?  Yup, the timer just went off and it's still sat on the side uncooked.

I want my brain back :'(
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
« Reply #27253 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 09:28:41 »
Went to the kitchen, put the oven on, made a pasta bake, set the oven timer so I didn't forget and cremate it.  Anyone spot the missing step?  Yup, the timer just went off and it's still sat on the side uncooked.

Eating m0ar veggies unclogs brain vessels by healing the endothelial layer.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #27254 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 11:57:46 »

Moar meat: moar brain do good things.  I seem to have these kinds of problems while I make my morning coffee.  One of the reasons I opt for instant :-[

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #27255 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 15:56:40 »

Moar meat: moar brain do good things.  I seem to have these kinds of problems while I make my morning coffee.  One of the reasons I opt for instant :-[

You could always prepare your coffee the night before, set a timer on your machine, and wake up to the sweet aroma of coffee being made.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27256 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 18:08:11 »

Eating m0ar veggies unclogs brain vessels by healing the endothelial layer.

So I should eat meat and 2 veg just to be sure?  Sorry csmertx, I'm still staying veggie.

I have a scan this weekend, just have to keep my stupidity and clumsiness indoors so I survive until then and hope they find something.  If not I can't help thinking about this rather scary side effect mentioned on the first lot of antibiotics.

The nerves outside of the spinal cord may be affected causing changes to the sense of feeling and the use of muscles.  In addition headache, extreme changes in mood or mental state, confusion, weakness, blurred vision may occur.  These effects may be severe and in some instances permanent

If 'the use of muscles' results in clumsiness and the incessant mildly hungover feeling in my head is an ache the only one I've not got is blurred vision :-\
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #27257 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 19:13:39 »
If you knew me at all you'd know I was just kidding.  Merely jabbing at ~3 million years worth of data--though tolerance and absorption will always vary.  Long gone are the days of wrapping up bones to save for emergency marrow rations.  Or even worse ... the pre-hunting days of carrion scavenging *shivers*.

As for my coffee situation ... well, instant will have to do for now.  Found a store brand that makes a salvageable cappuccino that tastes better and is more potent than Frappuccino.  So it goes.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27258 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 22:19:20 »
If you knew me at all you'd know I was just kidding.  Merely jabbing at ~3 million years worth of data--though tolerance and absorption will always vary.  Long gone are the days of wrapping up bones to save for emergency marrow rations.  Or even worse ... the pre-hunting days of carrion scavenging *shivers*.

Those are really bad theories perpetuated by the likes of r/carnivore.  It's very unlikely that humans attempted to carry around meat/bone marrow for rations at all.  Remember, diarrhea is a death sentence EVEN TODAY in 3rd world countries,  any sort of easily perishable meat-stuffs was pretty strictly inedible/ too risky.  EVEN cooked it was risky.

Carrion scavenging is also highly improbable, because Predators, Lions/ Hyenas DO NOT leave much left, and if they DID have leftovers, it's been observed clearly they guard it Jealously, there's simply no way for a human to come across any appreciable quantity of carrion,  NOT that any human would try to eat it in the first place. 

Cooking does not kill all germs, and it certainly does not thoroughly sterilize non refrigerated meat. 

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #27259 on: Mon, 14 October 2019, 22:59:54 »
I literally can't even right now--nor will I even.  So here's a pretty Stience picture for folks to enjoy.

*Radio Edit*
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 August 2022, 06:34:54 by xtrafrood »

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27260 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 04:55:09 »
If you knew me at all you'd know I was just kidding.
And if you weren't over the pond you'd have understood my response :))

Quote from: Urban dictionarry
meat and two veg (UK slang)
mens gentials

GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline iri

« Reply #27261 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 04:56:34 »
Brits think nuts are vegetables.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #27262 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 06:08:55 »
Seriously, if you like male genitalia, then enjoy you some male genitalia.  You don't need my permission. :thumb:

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27263 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 21:39:45 »
this weird festering lump

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #27265 on: Wed, 16 October 2019, 07:31:59 »
While cleaning/repainting my daily driver which is a TKL, I temporarily used a full-size keyboard and had to use the mouse too far right.
My right shoulder got sore... and I can't stretch or lift without feeling sharp pain. And the pain stays a while after each "bite" making it difficult to find any position that would be neutral in which it could recover.
This means that I have to do everyday tasks with only my left arm...
Instead of mousing with my right hand, I am now using an old ambidextrous trackball with my left hand.

I am angry at myself for how fragile I have become. I really need to start exercising my arms more regularly to prevent this type of thing from happening again, not just lift weights once a month ...

How tf do admins remember all their usernames and passwords?
I once had a boss who used the same password on all systems, but touch-typed it from a different start column on the keyboard for each system. So, e.g. if one password was "er5gb", another was "rt6hn", and so on ... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 October 2019, 07:53:16 by Findecanor »

Offline Kavik

« Reply #27266 on: Wed, 16 October 2019, 10:43:14 »
While cleaning/repainting my daily driver which is a TKL, I temporarily used a full-size keyboard and had to use the mouse too far right.
My right shoulder got sore... and I can't stretch or lift without feeling sharp pain. And the pain stays a while after each "bite" making it difficult to find any position that would be neutral in which it could recover.
This means that I have to do everyday tasks with only my left arm...
Instead of mousing with my right hand, I am now using an old ambidextrous trackball with my left hand.

I am angry at myself for how fragile I have become. I really need to start exercising my arms more regularly to prevent this type of thing from happening again, not just lift weights once a month ...

I wanted to comment on how weird that is, but, alas, I have my own weird issue: I constantly have to switch between a right handed trackball, mouse, and left handed trackball to avoid a weird fatigue/tightness/discomfort on the ulnar side of my right wrist. This happens only at work. I can mouse all day at home without issue. Stretching my forearm by twisting my thumb outward helps a bit. A vertical mouse might help, but I really hate the one I bought a couple years ago.

It sounds as if you might have shoulder impingement, but, if merely mousing causes it, maybe there's a bone spur on the acromion process limiting range of motion. Total guess by someone with no medical training at all FYI.
Maybe they're waiting for gasmasks and latex to get sexy again.

The world has become a weird place.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #27267 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 10:54:14 »
Think a depression might be looming.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #27268 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 11:29:18 »
It sounds as if you might have shoulder impingement, but, if merely mousing causes it, maybe there's a bone spur on the acromion process limiting range of motion. Total guess by someone with no medical training at all FYI.
I'm supposed to get the shoulder X-rayed tomorrow, to rule that out. But I think it is a muscle thing, but I'm afraid it would be something involving the joints, because I have also been experiencing knee pain recently.

Been there. Done that.
I had been recommended nature walks alone, and told to find things along the way to look closely at and contemplate deeply about. Of course, with any cell phone or other device left at home.
I don't think that would do much against severe clinical depression, but mild physical exercise is supposed to enhance the mood and the other is a "awareness"/"mindfulness" exercise, which are supposed to prevent depression -- especially for people who have been depressed before.

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #27269 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 11:44:33 »
Been there. Done that.
I had been recommended nature walks alone, and told to find things along the way to look closely at and contemplate deeply about. Of course, with any cell phone or other device left at home.
I don't think that would do much against severe clinical depression, but mild physical exercise is supposed to enhance the mood and the other is a "awareness"/"mindfulness" exercise, which are supposed to prevent depression -- especially for people who have been depressed before.
I've tried it all.
I do still go on walks because it helps me kill some time and exercise is supposed to help, which it kinda does.
My depression is seasonal I believe. So when the weather gets too gray it just sorta happens a lot of the time, unfortunately.
Mindfulness I've tried with literally no result.
Still I'm trying to stay 'positive' and all that, it's just not that easy every day.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27270 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 11:59:54 »
I've tried it all.
I do still go on walks because it helps me kill some time and exercise is supposed to help, which it kinda does.
My depression is seasonal I believe. So when the weather gets too gray it just sorta happens a lot of the time, unfortunately.
Mindfulness I've tried with literally no result.
Still I'm trying to stay 'positive' and all that, it's just not that easy every day.

Veggies+++ !!

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27271 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 21:36:54 »

Do something that makes your adrenaline go crazy. Something dangerous or illegal so you get that flight or fight feeling.

That's the only thing that has ever worked to steer me away from a long dark funk.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27272 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 21:46:29 »

Do something that makes your adrenaline go crazy. Something dangerous or illegal so you get that flight or fight feeling.

That's the only thing that has ever worked to steer me away from a long dark funk.

Eh Chelios, this is some ****ing high
 tech sci-fi Chinese synthetic **** that
 even I don't know exactly what the ****
 it is. All I know is once it binds with
 your blood cells, you're ****ed, baby...
 and believe me, it's done binded.  you're already a dead man.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27273 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 21:59:22 »

Eh Chelios, this is some ****ing high
 tech sci-fi Chinese synthetic **** that
 even I don't know exactly what the ****
 it is. All I know is once it binds with
 your blood cells, you're ****ed, baby...
 and believe me, it's done binded.  you're already a dead man.

what a great movie, it's perfect for what it is

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #27274 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 00:12:06 »

That's probably one of the only things I haven't tried. Will give it a shot.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27275 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 13:06:05 »

Have you tried watching Crank and Crank: High voltage(sequel) back 2 back,'

-- while fine-dining on Mountain dew and Doritos - Dinamita Chile Limon flavor..

Afterwards, Kewl off with some Star Trek TNG + Watermelon

Then drink 2 shots of vodka, and slowly fall asleep.

Next day,  Instant Replay w/ Terminator, Terminator 2,  Code Red,  Cool Ranch doritos flavor.

For 2 weeks cycle the mountain dew and doritos flavors, Watermelon and vodka stays constant.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #27276 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 15:41:42 »
I would steer clear away from the second category ... hehe.

Maybe something somewhat dangerous but controlled such as mountain-climbing, together with experienced guides.
... That is, unless you are like me who starts yelling helpmedown helpmedown helpmedown helpmedown helpmedown after having climbed only three feet. :-ž

Overall, I think there could also be value in experiencing new things, that are outside your comfort zone. Physical things that require you to be present in the moment.
I once went walking on snow-shoes for only a few hours in the mountains. I absolutely hated most of it, and the guide especially. But boy was I happy afterwards that I had done it.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #27277 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 16:53:49 »

When a previous SO broke up with me.  I was pretty much on my own in a new (to me) tri county area of millions of people while I was stuck in a year lease with her.  Scrubs, meatlover's pizza, and beer pull me through.

Although meeting up with the local greenery dealer can be boring as hell sometimes, I suppose that could add in a touch of illegal danger.  I've found that greenery + incense helps too.  YMMV

Offline iri

« Reply #27278 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 18:01:18 »
I personally have no time for depression, but heard sage helps with it.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27279 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 18:21:57 »
I personally have no time for depression, but heard sage helps with it.
Literally the best and perhaps only solution - if you don't have any time where you're not doing something you don't have time to notice how pointless life is and depression stays out of conscious awareness and isn't a problem.

@StickyBlueJuice - I recommend becoming a perfectionistic shopper.  Whatever you need reasearch the options, find the 'best' by your criterea and then try to find it either locally so you can go and poke it before buying (if required) or as cheap as possible.  I've 'wasted' weeks of my free time doing this and it's done wonders for my mental state.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27280 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 18:36:35 »
For the first time in over a decade I'm crushing hard on someone. By all logical thought she is not my type, and for other reasons it has potential disaster written all over the situation. I gave it a week hoping it would pass, chalk it up to being overtired, but if anything it's getting worse. By all accounts I shouldn't be into her but my stupid brain is NOT listening to logic at all and I dunno what to do about it :(

I'm not used to this feeling at all and I hate it

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27281 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 18:47:57 »
For the first time in over a decade I'm crushing hard on someone. By all logical thought she is not my type, and for other reasons it has potential disaster written all over the situation. I gave it a week hoping it would pass, chalk it up to being overtired, but if anything it's getting worse. By all accounts I shouldn't be into her but my stupid brain is NOT listening to logic at all and I dunno what to do about it :(

Kekekekekekekekekekekeke

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #27282 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 18:48:58 »

What about her makes her not your type?
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #27283 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 18:59:38 »
By all accounts I shouldn't be into her but my stupid brain is NOT listening to logic at all and I dunno what to do about it :(
Thinking more about (how you should not have a crush on) her is only going to make it worse. You need to occupy your brain with something else.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27284 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 19:00:22 »
By all accounts I shouldn't be into her but my stupid brain is NOT listening to logic at all and I dunno what to do about it :(
Thinking more about (how you should not have a crush on) her is only going to make it worse. You need to occupy your brain with something else.

Also, wurkplace + females = no bueno.

Offline saint_james

« Reply #27285 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 19:01:26 »

In terms of cosmic time (13.8 billion years, estimated life of universe as we know it) we are dayflies.  A century of lifetime is not even one blade of grass on a football field of time.  So why not make the most of the time we have?  Most people have more regret over the things they DIDN'T do than over the things they DID do.

Devil's advocacy follows:

Suboptimal case scenario, you take action and get rejected.  Worst case scenario: love ensues, followed by marriage, followed by ugly divorce and hostile litigation, followed by the loss of at least half of your net worth.  I'm here to tell you that this is survivable, even if bitterness haunts your every step until you die.  I mean, I didn't actually need a retirement, right? RIGHT?!?!

Heard at a restaurant PA: "Now seating Bitter, party of one... Bitter, your table is ready!"
C = Q/V ≈ ε₀ (A/d)
Active: FC980C | FC660C Low-noise | RF 87u 55g | RF 23u
Inactive: WASD v2 | Pok3r | QFR | Aukey KM-G9 | Compaq RT101
Dead and buried: Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #27286 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 19:01:33 »

Also, wurkplace + females = no bueno.

that too

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27287 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 19:09:20 »

Suboptimal case scenario, you take action and get rejected.  Worst case scenario: love ensues, followed by marriage, followed by ugly divorce and hostile litigation, followed by the loss of at least half of your net worth.  I'm here to tell you that this is survivable, even if bitterness haunts your every step until you die.  I mean, I didn't actually need a retirement, right? RIGHT?!?!

Heard at a restaurant PA: "Now seating Bitter, party of one... Bitter, your table is ready!"

It's basically,  2080Ti  vs Girlfriend..  Tp4 recommends the 2080Ti. 

Also the New 240hz Samsung G4m3r monitors look Soopes Awesome. 1500r curvature, VERY curved.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-27-Inch-Curved-Monitor-LC27RG50FQNXZA/dp/B07TGMC29J/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=samsung+240hz+monitor&qid=1571443813&sr=8-3

There's also the older model 144hz 27 /32 inch versions with QLED,  Qled will look alot more colorful / saturated.  Either are good.

Offline xtrafrood

• formerly csmertx
  • * Elevated Elder
  • wildling
« Reply #27288 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 19:14:06 »
Keep us posted noisy

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27289 on: Fri, 18 October 2019, 19:55:37 »
Keep us posted noisy

NTurt the NEW purveyor of Gekha YAGT

Offline SBJ

• Tactile pls
« Reply #27290 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 02:19:42 »

When a previous SO broke up with me.  I was pretty much on my own in a new (to me) tri county area of millions of people while I was stuck in a year lease with her.  Scrubs, meatlover's pizza, and beer pull me through.

Although meeting up with the local greenery dealer can be boring as hell sometimes, I suppose that could add in a touch of illegal danger.  I've found that greenery + incense helps too.  YMMV
Sorry to hear you went through that.
Scrubs is awesome, I love that show.
You know I tried a beer last night, and it kinda calmed me down. Now I'm worried I'll end up an alcoholic if this takes off. :D

I would steer clear away from the second category ... hehe.

Maybe something somewhat dangerous but controlled such as mountain-climbing, together with experienced guides.
... That is, unless you are like me who starts yelling helpmedown helpmedown helpmedown helpmedown helpmedown after having climbed only three feet. :-ž

Overall, I think there could also be value in experiencing new things, that are outside your comfort zone. Physical things that require you to be present in the moment.
I once went walking on snow-shoes for only a few hours in the mountains. I absolutely hated most of it, and the guide especially. But boy was I happy afterwards that I had done it.
Definitely, in regards to experiencing new things. I think that has helped me the most. And oddly enough work seems to also help me not going off the deep end.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #27291 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 02:25:37 »
The fact that moving house is so complicated and troublesome.

The actual move on the day went well, so many other things have gone wrong, including no internet connection 'cause the developer did not submit plans to nbn Co so they could lay cables, no working laundry, possum infestation, the place stinks of possum piss (for those not in Australia, possums are a protected species and you risk $7000 fine if you interfere with them).  Electrical faults.  Missing keys.  Extra keys that don't open anything.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iri

« Reply #27292 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 03:35:35 »
When I was in Colombia, I lived near the former base of Orejuela brothers (see Narcos s03). Said brothers used to keep alligators that escaped to the nearby ponds after their keepers were arrested. My taxi driver used to tell stories about how dangerous these reptiles are. In the end, it turned out that they aren't (being quite tiny), but I shouldn't be around them for a very different reason -- alligators are endangered species and I might be put in prison if I bother them :confused:

-Ray Bradbury

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27293 on: Sat, 19 October 2019, 04:22:14 »
Finally the four week wait was up so I got up early and went to the hospital for my scan.  Of course they were running late already (before 8:30 AM!) and the result?  'Everything looks fine'.  So if my brain is not hiding in my guts where is it?  And why does it only take 10 minutes between drinking and needing to pee?  Is there a test for permanent side effects caused by drugs you should never have had?  Why did all symptoms disappear briefly after taking other drugs?

Amazingly I have managed to book an advanced appointment to ask these questions and more to someone who might actually have an answer (my doctor) but not until Tuesday.  It's stupidly early.  And not in walking distance...
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27294 on: Mon, 21 October 2019, 18:41:07 »
Still ill so bought another week train ticket. Arrived at the station to come home as usual and the board which says how late the train will be was showing a message about November.  Checked the website - no trains but there is a replacement bus over an hour later than my train usually is.  Did I miss a 4 foot yellow sign again in my useless state? I hate that I have to buy train tickets let alone useless ones and they wont refund for stupidity.  Tired now because I cycled home as even slow cycling is quicker than the bus and I have to get up early so it's bed time anyway. Same again tomorrow... I've complained about existing rather than living before but this is a whole other level.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #27295 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 03:08:02 »
Situation when I got mixed results from my medical tests...
6 months ago I had a "swollen gland" according to my GP. I persisted to make some tests as for a year my doctor didn't want to do that. So got biopsy, which showed that I have tumor on saliva gland (benign tumor).
Doctor said I can leave it, no need to remove it...
Then I persisted and asked for more tests - NHS doesn't want you to do more expensive tests but I pushed and pushed and got CT scan (tomography), which confirmed benign tumor, not cancer.
Hospital lost the results and it took them almost 5 months to find which one is mine and let me know (they said they had some problem on the system and couldn't give results earlier). Two weeks after I got a letter from hospital that there can be some malignant cells, so I cannot leave it they need to operate me ASAP...
F***ing great...
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 October 2019, 03:11:12 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27296 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 03:28:30 »
6 months ago I had a "swollen gland" according to my GP. I persisted to make some tests as for a year my doctor didn't want to do that. So got biopsy, which showed that I have tumor on saliva gland (benign tumor).
Then I persisted and asked for more tests - NHS doesn't want you to do more expensive tests but I pushed and pushed and got CT scan (tomography), which confirmed benign tumor, not cancer.
Hospital lost the results and it took them almost 5 months to find which one is mine and let me know (they said they had some problem on the system and couldn't give results earlier). Two weeks after I got a letter from hospital that there can be some malignant cells, so I cannot leave it they need to operate me ASAP...
F***ing great...

Yikes.. / Sending digital best wishes.

Immediately discontinue Milk+ Eggs
Highly recommend Going Whole Food Plant Based..

Blood has natural cancer killing properties.
WFPB blood has been tested to be 700% more inhospitable to cancer cells vs Meat-eater blood.

Also, Tp4 Dibs on your 1080Ti, if phinix dies ? Kekekekekeke.

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
« Reply #27297 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 04:50:52 »
F***ing great...

Yikes.. / Sending digital best wishes.

Immediately discontinue Milk+ Eggs
Highly recommend Going Whole Food Plant Based..

Blood has natural cancer killing properties.
WFPB blood has been tested to be 700% more inhospitable to cancer cells vs Meat-eater blood.

Also, Tp4 Dibs on your 1080Ti, if phinix dies ? Kekekekekeke.

Thanks tp... ;)

Too late dude, 1080Ti FE sold few days ago.
Get this - I sold it for £600, yesterday I bought 2070 Super FE for £489 - same performance, but - I refreshed my 3 years warranty, brand new card, raytracing capability, Call of Duty game - selling for another £30 - £141 in my pocket:)) (well, going to order GMK Coffee, so... but at least money saved for good cause! :P)

In regards to milk and eggs - is it really that bad? I like my eggs. Also milk, can't have coffee without milk.
In last year or two I reduced amount of eaten meat. I started to love japanese cuisine, love to eat all vegetables - vegetable lasagne, rice and veggies, just veggies.
But I still eat eggs, fried, scrabled, pouched...

Anyway, I definitely must lose weight. Next March is my 40th birthday, don't wanna die before...
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 October 2019, 04:57:39 by phinix »
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #27298 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 04:59:46 »
Thanks tp... ;)

In regards to milk and eggs - is it really that bad? I like my eggs. Also milk, can't have coffee without milk.
In last year or two I reduced amount of eaten meat. I started to love japanese cuisine, love to eat all vegetables - vegetable lasagne, rice and veggies, just veggies.
But I still eat eggs, fried, scrabled, pouched...

Chk out the new documentary -The Game Changers-  vegan athletes+ Arnold governator.    Available on netflix, itunes, and arrrgh-matey publishing.

It's not any  1 reason to discontinue meat eating,  it's the Totality of Evidence pointing clear in 1 direction.

Milk is a huge cancer accelerant. Eggs can not be sold under the legally protected terms of :Healthy: OR :Safe:

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #27299 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 06:44:19 »
Went to the doctor, confirmed what the scannist said - I'm all good.  “I just need to check something...” *looks at digital form, section titled cancer* “hmm... yes I'll refer you to a specialist” so CT scan or camera in my bladder - hopefully in that order so they can skip part 2!  Back to waiting, at least another 2 weeks of this crap. Came home and went back to bed, got up, ate, now off to work again.

Hopefully the scan goes better than it did for phinix, assuming the enlarged salivary gland is in your mouth that must be really annoying so good that they want to remove it.
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod