Author Topic: [GB] GMK WoB/BoW Icon extension kit - - KBDFANS INFO POSTED PAGE 4- -  (Read 119267 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: [GB] GMK WoB/BoW Icon extension kit - - STATEMENT FROM GMK POSTED - -
« Reply #150 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 13:08:45 »
I don't think JTK and ePBT ABS can compete. Sadly. At least this is the general consensus amongst the "deep end" of this hobby.

At least their products are cheaper.

Offline jrfhoutx

• Post count is meaningless if the content is trash.
« Reply #151 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 13:22:19 »
it is time to move on and stop paying premium prices for sub-par quality keycaps.

OK, bye. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Hope to see you stick by your convictions and not be involved in any more GMK buys.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #152 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 14:57:16 »
it is time to move on and stop paying premium prices for sub-par quality keycaps.

OK, bye. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Hope to see you stick by your convictions and not be involved in any more GMK buys.

This MK hobby, as other few, suffers from the short supply for some high demand items. That makes this niche market to behave extremely in favor of manufacturers. Prices are driven by the producers. We are let with the simple decision of buying at a given price and quality, or not buying at all. Your wallet, your decision.

You may feel comfortable with behavior like GMK's. I feel profoundly disappointed with their answer to people that are willing to pay its asking price, hoping for what I consider the best quality keycaps. There is no excuse for that.

In the other hand I have joined very few GMK's GB, so far. But, I am cheap and I prefer to keep my MK collection small. Yet, I already have in stock far more components that I may use in a lifetime. So, not buying from GMK may not be an option for others, as it is for me. But again, keep buying under any circumstances just fuels the market asymmetry and encourages bully producers to be the same.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #153 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 17:43:01 »
Look on the bright side.  Assuming GMK's legendary quality returns, and keycap collecting is similar to coin collecting, there will be some wealthy hobbyists a few decades from now.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #154 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 21:02:21 »
Look on the bright side.  Assuming GMK's legendary quality returns, and keycap collecting is similar to coin collecting, there will be some wealthy hobbyists a few decades from now.

Well. I'd say that OG Cherry would be that collector's item in case GMK continues dropping its quality standards. However, the value may depend not just on quality, but also on rarity and condition. I get my MK items to use them, so they would not be in collector's state, as I am a user, not a keeper.

Offline Pylon

« Reply #155 on: Fri, 17 April 2020, 22:46:06 »
I have so many Cherry OG keycaps (ABS doubleshots) from the 80s and 90s. All are flawless. At least they're waking up.

Same here. But I wouldn't even say it's just OG Cherry, GMK has made terrific keycaps even as recent as a year and a half ago with none of the issues seen here or in Oblivion V2. I really do hope future GB creators/vendors will be proactive if these issues continue to come up with GMK sets so they get the message they might want to look into their tooling/molds.

JTK is remaking their molds this year, so hopefully they'll fix their legends issue. The new ePBT ABS caps' legends aren't quite there, but they're also much cheap than GMK  ($70 for a full set and no waiting for a GB)

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #156 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 05:05:22 »
Well here's the kicker - I got 3 handarbeits and they are flawless, manufactured and shipped close to simultaneously as this kit that's horrible. I don't know...

Offline Yeoh

« Reply #157 on: Sat, 18 April 2020, 15:33:56 »
I have so many Cherry OG keycaps (ABS doubleshots) from the 80s and 90s. All are flawless. At least they're waking up.

Same here. But I wouldn't even say it's just OG Cherry, GMK has made terrific keycaps even as recent as a year and a half ago with none of the issues seen here or in Oblivion V2. I really do hope future GB creators/vendors will be proactive if these issues continue to come up with GMK sets so they get the message they might want to look into their tooling/molds.

JTK is remaking their molds this year, so hopefully they'll fix their legends issue. The new ePBT ABS caps' legends aren't quite there, but they're also much cheap than GMK  ($70 for a full set and no waiting for a GB)

JTK has had several rounds of 'improvements' that havent done a whole lot, so dont hold your breath for that.

Offline bliss

« Reply #158 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 04:07:04 »
Well here's the kicker - I got 3 handarbeits and they are flawless, manufactured and shipped close to simultaneously as this kit that's horrible. I don't know...

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #159 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 05:23:42 »
Dope news! more shift keys :-* Thanks Emir and Necro :thumb:

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #160 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 08:45:23 »
People keep bringing up JTK but honestly their products are just....not good in my opinion. I have a couple sets from them and the feel is meh, legend consistency is as bad as GMK is currently, and the plastic seems overly brittle compared to GMK ABS. My JTK violet on cream set had a couple caps whose stems cracked just putting them on a plain ole Pok3r, and after building most of my 16 board collection I'd like to think I know how to put on a keycap properly without damaging it.

I also love GMK caps myself and have quite a few of their sets as well, but in my mind the simplest solution to this problem is to stop running 10 GMK sets a day until this gets sorted out. We aren't exactly hurting for alternative profiles and manufacturers, the community just happens to be hooked on GMK at the moment. If everyone just keeps forking over money to a company whose tooling literally can't produce a straight line then we can expect this to keep happening though.

Offline bigapplepietart

• Topre Convert
« Reply #161 on: Tue, 21 April 2020, 17:32:55 »
Glad to see there's some resolution.
Current:
Palmetto (Ultraglides) | Heavy Grail (Purple DES V1) | hiney tkl one PC (Orange SKCM Alps) | Lunar II (Green SKCL Alps) | Sho S60 V2 (45g stock domes) | HHKB Hybrid Type-S

Past:
Razer Blackwidow (MX Blues) | FC660M (MX Blues) | GH60 (Ergo Clears) | 8x mkI (Vintage Blacks) | Klippe (Sakurios) | Equinox (Sakurios) | MGA (Silent Alpacas) | Kei (Creamsicles) | KFE CE (Alpacas) | Rukia R1 (Durock L7) | H60 (Silent Blacks) | E80-1800 (MX Blacks) | Ottantaquattro (Vintage Blacks) | hbcp (Vintage Blacks) | HHKB Pro 2 Stock (45g Topre) | ADK64 (Blue SKCM Alps)

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #162 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 00:17:03 »
Has there been any word on when the replacement caps will ship?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #163 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 01:37:49 »

Nope, I'm pushing though! When they communicated that the caps will be replaced, no ETA was given.

I can't see how GMK would prioritize this when they got a lot of other sets that already are delayed from their set production slots/shipping dates.

In a perfect world, mishaps of already sent sets should've been resolved before new ones, but not much we can do but wait. Let's wait for communication and hope it's soon! :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 10 June 2020, 01:59:17 by Emir »

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #164 on: Wed, 10 June 2020, 10:49:30 »

Nope, I'm pushing though! When they communicated that the caps will be replaced, no ETA was given.

I can't see how GMK would prioritize this when they got a lot of other sets that already are delayed from their set production slots/shipping dates.

In a perfect world, mishaps of already sent sets should've been resolved before new ones, but not much we can do but wait. Let's wait for communication and hope it's soon! :)
Thanks for the info, man. I’ll keep my eyes peeled.

Offline steezkeez

« Reply #165 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 12:40:48 »
Do we need to take any additional actions to request the replacement caps (ex. email vendor)? Or will the replacement caps be automatically shipped to all who participated in the GB?

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 22 June 2020, 13:28:43 »
Still listening here as well.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #167 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 16:33:32 »
GMK Has shipped replacements, please contact your vendor for information on how they will proceed

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: [GB] GMK WoB/BoW Icon extension kit - - REPLACEMENTS FROM GMK - -
« Reply #168 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 16:44:37 »
GMK Has shipped replacements, please contact your vendor for information on how they will proceed
Show Image

Oh hell yeah.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #169 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 16:46:04 »
Show Image

Oh hell yeah.

we made it. this wouldn't have been possibly without everyone doing their part and posting pics.
i'm proud bois! thank you everyone!

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #170 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 20:36:24 »
That looks way better! Thanks for making it happen everyone!

Offline D3LTA

« Reply #171 on: Tue, 23 June 2020, 20:59:08 »
I've sent an email to cannon keys (US vendor) asking for next steps. I will post their feedback here once received.

Offline upas

« Reply #172 on: Wed, 24 June 2020, 12:08:17 »
Hey guys,

I just heard about replacement shipping from GMK.
They shipped them along with GMK Cafe,

They didn't ask me if I'd like to pay for air express shipping... they just shipped with Cafe, so they will likely not arrive until late July.

There is no need to write into support - I am under the impression that they sent a replacement for every single kit that went out, so I will ship those out as well.

Offline kabocha

« Reply #173 on: Thu, 25 June 2020, 10:36:48 »
Thanks upas!

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #174 on: Sat, 27 June 2020, 02:04:39 »
Show Image

I sent an email directly to kbdfans regarding these fix replacement keycaps... and their response was that they are out of stock.

Uh, what?

Offline pockydavid

« Reply #175 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 20:41:55 »
Has anyone received the replacement set from their respective vendors yet?

Offline Paddel06

• Klugscheißer
« Reply #176 on: Wed, 22 July 2020, 21:57:36 »
Yes, from mykeyboard a while ago.
This is a signature.

Offline Zurg Eon

« Reply #177 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 05:32:21 »
I have not received anything from mykeyboard yet.

Offline Paddel06

• Klugscheißer
« Reply #178 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 05:45:36 »

I contacted them on their Discord Server on June 23rd and was asked to provide an order number. The package arrived a few days later.
« Last Edit: Thu, 23 July 2020, 05:47:58 by Paddel06 »
This is a signature.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #179 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 10:07:13 »
Show Image

I sent an email directly to kbdfans regarding these fix replacement keycaps... and their response was that they are out of stock.

Uh, what?

Sorry I didn't see this message. Was it resolved?

If not, please let me know (PM is OK or thread if you want to share with everyone) and I'll speak to Wei. Maybe he didn't understand he would be getting replacement keys.

Offline Zurg Eon

« Reply #180 on: Thu, 23 July 2020, 18:05:12 »

I contacted them on their Discord Server on June 23rd and was asked to provide an order number. The package arrived a few days later.
Thanks, I contacted them and they will send me the keys  :thumb:

Offline pockydavid

« Reply #181 on: Wed, 29 July 2020, 18:50:22 »
Show Image

Uh, what?

If not, please let me know (PM is OK or thread if you want to share with everyone) and I'll speak to Wei. Maybe he didn't understand he would be getting replacement keys.

I think there was a case of misunderstanding as well when I tried contacting KBDFans regarding the replacement set. I can forward you the email trail if necessary.
Thanks for looking into this.

Offline crzone

« Reply #182 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 06:57:45 »
Was this as a regular letter? So far I didn't receive them.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #183 on: Thu, 30 July 2020, 06:59:48 »
Show Image

Uh, what?

I think there was a case of misunderstanding as well when I tried contacting KBDFans regarding the replacement set. I can forward you the email trail if necessary.
Thanks for looking into this.

DM me order number and the conversation please and I will forward it directly to wei for resolution.

Sorry this happened!

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #184 on: Fri, 31 July 2020, 02:01:10 »
Alright I spoke to kbdfans and they explained the situation. The reason they didn't ship replacement keys is because they don't want to offer EPacket as a shipping choice. They said EPacket may take up to 3 months and is likely to get lost in shipment, therefore they were waiting for EPacket to get stable or for the customers to order something else.

KBDFans have now made a google doc where you got two options as a customer waiting for replacement keys:
1. Have it sent with your next kbdfans order
2. Pay the shipping difference to upgrade to Fedex/DHL and have it sent to you immediately

Document:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1a5ndkKbOffVayYe8OhQUxLJg3r8VtG7CmkQtcFSA9Y0/viewform?hl=zh-cn&edit_requested=true

Sorry for the confusion guys I should've followed this up directly. Thank you for bringing it up so I could get it some attention.

Have a great day people! :)

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
Re: [GB] GMK WoB/BoW Icon extension kit - - KBDFANS INFO POSTED PAGE 4- -
« Reply #185 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 04:13:42 »
Is there any info on this from Cannonkeys? I'll probably have to give Upas a ping

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #186 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 13:59:51 »
Is there any info on this from Cannonkeys? I'll probably have to give Upas a ping
Just this from 6/24
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101664.msg2924118#msg2924118

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #187 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 14:00:47 »
Just this from 6/24
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=101664.msg2924118#msg2924118

Oh cool, GMK Cafe is just getting to people in the US, so that's good news.

Offline jimboytacos

« Reply #188 on: Tue, 04 August 2020, 18:35:34 »
Alright I spoke to kbdfans and they explained the situation. The reason they didn't ship replacement keys is because they don't want to offer EPacket as a shipping choice. They said EPacket may take up to 3 months and is likely to get lost in shipment, therefore they were waiting for EPacket to get stable or for the customers to order something else.

KBDFans have now made a google doc where you got two options as a customer waiting for replacement keys:
2. Pay the shipping difference to upgrade to Fedex/DHL and have it sent to you immediately

Document:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1a5ndkKbOffVayYe8OhQUxLJg3r8VtG7CmkQtcFSA9Y0/viewform?hl=zh-cn&edit_requested=true

Sorry for the confusion guys I should've followed this up directly. Thank you for bringing it up so I could get it some attention.

Bummer. But...
Isn't this the risks/responsibilities/possible repercussion of being a vendor for GBs?

So that means they're holding our fixed keys hostage unless we pay them (however you look at it).

I'm sure Credit Cards/Paypal won't like the sound of that.... Sounds like this can turn into legal thing....
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 August 2020, 18:39:30 by jimboytacos »

Offline kabocha

« Reply #189 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 09:54:29 »
Has anyone received the replacement kit from cannonkeys?

Offline tobiasvl

• ISO 9995
« Reply #190 on: Sun, 16 August 2020, 13:53:32 »
Oh, that's a bummer about KBDFans. But I guess I just have to buy that e-white Tofu case I've been eyeing for a while then...

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #191 on: Mon, 17 August 2020, 04:55:12 »

Document:

Bummer. But...
Isn't this the risks/responsibilities/possible repercussion of being a vendor for GBs?

So that means they're holding our fixed keys hostage unless we pay them (however you look at it).

I'm sure Credit Cards/Paypal won't like the sound of that.... Sounds like this can turn into legal thing....

Hm? I am not going to reply on KBDfans behalf, but these are keys that are not part of the group buy that you paid for. They are the result of us being relentless in getting replacements made for keys GMK themselves deemed within their specification.

This is a free bonus, and KBDfans will get them out. These are sensitive times, and instead of sending them out blindly with a carrier they don't trust will deliver it to you, they give you an option of waiting for EPacket to stabilize, or two more options where a customer that does not want to wait can acquire them. It's not holding keys hostage, keys you are getting for free. It would be like if I joined a GB with expected shipping date X month, and as soon as it isn't delivered within the timeframe I claim they are holding my product hostage?

Sorry, that's just the way I see it.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 26 August 2020, 01:32:55 »
Something seems to have been lost in translation or miscommunication within their team, as KBDFans has been sending out whole kits and not the replacements to a couple of customers.

If this has happened to you, I am sorry and I am trying to work with kbdfans to clear up any confusion there might be of what needs to be sent out.

You can send me your order number in private if you got sent a whole new kit and not the replacements and I will forward it directly. Sorry again!

Offline fatalruin

« Reply #193 on: Sat, 12 September 2020, 17:14:43 »
Hey guys,

They didn't ask me if I'd like to pay for air express shipping... they just shipped with Cafe, so they will likely not arrive until late July.

There is no need to write into support - I am under the impression that they sent a replacement for every single kit that went out, so I will ship those out as well.

Hey Upas. Any updates on the replacements? Did they in fact arrive with Cafe?

Offline neon_tom

« Reply #194 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 10:38:27 »
Hey guys,

I’d like to know this as well

Offline juaninamilli

« Reply #195 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 12:56:33 »
Hey guys,

I’d like to know this as well

This is an answer I got from their discord server.

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #196 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 13:53:32 »
Thanks for the update

Offline king95

« Reply #197 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 14:11:38 »
Nice one! hope to get this some time in the future!

Offline pcire

« Reply #198 on: Thu, 17 September 2020, 14:24:07 »
Something seems to have been lost in translation or miscommunication within their team, as KBDFans has been sending out whole kits and not the replacements to a couple of customers.

If this has happened to you, I am sorry and I am trying to work with kbdfans to clear up any confusion there might be of what needs to be sent out.

You can send me your order number in private if you got sent a whole new kit and not the replacements and I will forward it directly. Sorry again!

I filled out the form as soon as you posted it. I just got a delivery from KBDFans and it didn't have the replacements.  I'll DM you

Offline Poblopuablo

« Reply #199 on: Fri, 18 September 2020, 10:32:24 »
Got an email from cannon keys today:

http://imgur.com/a/aiNuDM1

I'm having a hard time getting the link to the form, since when I copy it, it links to the form that I filled out(and I don't what y'all to edit my form ;) ) not to a new form, please check you email if you ordered from cannon keys.
Below is content of the email:

As you may know, a few of the keys that shipped with the original WoB/BoW Icon mod kit were not up to GMK's quality standards. After a lot of discussion between our EU vendor and GMK, GMK has decided to send out replacement kits with those few keys.

The replacements arrived here in early August, but we've been quite busy shipping out other GBs and moving. Our apologies! We would have preferred to take care of this earlier, but this was unplanned and unscheduled work for us.

All that being said - we are excited to get these replacements out to you! But we do need some help from you. It's been quite a while since the original GB shipped, and we understand that many people have moved, especially given the ongoing pandemic.

To that note, we are requiring everyone to claim their replacement by filling in this form. We wish we could have implemented a more automated solution, but unfortunately, that would take even more time, and we want to get these replacements out to you sooner, rather than later!

Unfortunately, GMK is not refunding CannonKeys for the shipping cost of these items. But we don't believe you should have to pay for a GMK mistake, and still want to provide a great customer experience to you all. To that note - by default, we will cover the cost of shipping out replacements, but if you'd like to help out, please indicate as such on the form.

To get these out in a timely manner, we will be shipping in two waves - one wave will go out on Monday September 28th, and will include any claims submitted by the end of Saturday, September 19th. The next wave will go out on Monday October 5th, and will include any new claims submitted by the end of Saturday, October 3rd. You have 2 weeks to fill in the form and submit your claim!

Thanks,
The CannonKeys Team

TL;DR:

Replacement Keys are here for WoB/BoW Icon Mods

CannonKeys is covering the cost of shipping, unless you opt-in to pay the cost of shipping.

GMK is not refunding us for the cost of shipping.

Submit your claim here by Saturday October 3rd: CLAIM FORM
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 September 2020, 10:36:11 by Poblopuablo »