Author Topic: [GB] GMK Fuji | March 15th - April 15th  (Read 74593 times)

Offline JQ27

Re: [GB] GMK Fuji | March 15th - April 15th
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 09:23:39 »
My Landscape deskmat arrived today and the colour matching here is quite disappointing...

Oh wow that is really different.

Can anyone else confirm if this is the case for them? Was the color matching not thoroughly looked into?

Mine is due out for delivery today. Ngl, pretty worried on this one now.

Can you let us know how yours is when you receive it?

Sure thing. If not today, will update when it arrives.

Offline JQ27

« Reply #51 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 11:40:34 »
My Landscape deskmat arrived today and the colour matching here is quite disappointing...

Can anyone else confirm if this is the case for them? Was the color matching not thoroughly looked into?

Messed around with lighting on the desk. First thoughts, this is 100% blue. Not anywhere near a grey. All of the details across the clouds/foreground etc look like something has been spilled on it rather than actual defined features. But the worst offender on it is the tree. Where is the pink?!

Offline ComfyK

« Reply #52 on: Tue, 21 December 2021, 13:37:52 »

Messed around with lighting on the desk. First thoughts, this is 100% blue. Not anywhere near a grey. All of the details across the clouds/foreground etc look like something has been spilled on it rather than actual defined features. But the worst offender on it is the tree. Where is the pink?!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oh man, that does look quite different from the renders. The pink is the worst part. Have you flagged this with your local vendor?

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #53 on: Fri, 24 December 2021, 04:48:33 »
this is just downright terrible. I've got this mat on preorder and if it looks like that I no longer want it.
got any reply from the vendor? are they and/or the designer doing anything about that?

Offline JQ27

« Reply #54 on: Fri, 24 December 2021, 04:51:11 »

this is just downright terrible. I've got this mat on preorder and if it looks like that I no longer want it.
got any reply from the vendor? are they and/or the designer doing anything about that?

From what I understand both the lead vendor and runner signed off on them.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Offline TheMetalDog

« Reply #55 on: Tue, 28 December 2021, 17:11:47 »
This is the set I have been looking forward to most. What drew me to it was the grey/white/pink theme going on and what we're seeing now completely destroys the whole reason why I wanted this mat and keycap set in the first place.

Really hope this isn't a bad sign for the keycaps.

Offline Ranker2

« Reply #56 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 03:16:56 »
Are any of the other desk mats affected by the color matching issue of the "Landscape" deskmat?

Offline kidpid

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 08:53:46 »
Are any of the other desk mats affected by the color matching issue of the "Landscape" deskmat?

According to CannonKeys' email newsletter the only affected mat is the Landscape one.

Offline TheMetalDog

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 07 January 2022, 08:55:47 »
And thank you to CannonKeys for doing the right thing here by giving us a heads up and option for a refund.  :thumb:

Offline stevits

« Reply #59 on: Sat, 08 January 2022, 17:33:56 »
I cancelled the Landscape mat, but I also had an order for the Paper mat.  Got it today, and it does have the same faults.  The colors look like the bottom photo of the Landscape mat above.  Blue-blue with washed out pink, like the printer ran out of red pigment. 

Offline depressedkeebs

• Depressed Keebs
« Reply #60 on: Sun, 09 January 2022, 18:23:50 »
Novelties and deskmats looking goood

Offline Tyson

« Reply #61 on: Mon, 10 January 2022, 15:26:30 »
I cancelled the Landscape mat, but I also had an order for the Paper mat.  Got it today, and it does have the same faults.  The colors look like the bottom photo of the Landscape mat above.  Blue-blue with washed out pink, like the printer ran out of red pigment.

Can you post a picture of it?

Offline Ranker2

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 13 January 2022, 18:35:38 »

This really kills it for me.  The pink sakura accents to the grey was the look i'm after. 

Offline oilpapers

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 10 February 2022, 19:59:25 »
Any updates? "Check discord" isn't an acceptable answer if you're posting a thread here.

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #64 on: Fri, 17 June 2022, 17:17:15 »
CK says color matching is finished, any chance we can see the final samples?

Offline oilpapers

« Reply #65 on: Sat, 02 July 2022, 10:59:34 »
Note to self: don't support creators that can't be bothered to update a GH thread. Lame ass GB.

Offline NixieType

« Reply #66 on: Mon, 10 October 2022, 15:51:11 »
Any updates? There hasn't been a discord update in 5 months and we can no longer discuss there so...

Offline YoungManKim

« Reply #67 on: Tue, 11 October 2022, 12:33:25 »
Any updates? There hasn't been a discord update in 5 months and we can no longer discuss there so...

Per an email update from CK on September 16:

"We wanted to let you know that the current status for GMK Fuji has not changed since our last update. For reference, color samples have been approved and the set is currently waiting in GMK's manufacturing queue."

This is the same status update message for the last 3 months as color matching was completed in June.

Offline oilpapers

« Reply #68 on: Mon, 02 January 2023, 05:19:01 »
Can we have any photos of the colour matching because after the lame duck that the mats were, I'm not confident  with this set.

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #69 on: Wed, 04 January 2023, 19:21:47 »
Can we have any photos of the colour matching because after the lame duck that the mats were, I'm not confident  with this set.
gb runner hasn't bothered to update this thread since may 2021, I highly doubt it

Offline TyPo.mk

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 05 January 2023, 13:12:05 »
gb runner hasn't bothered to update this thread since may 2021, I highly doubt it

Will not be surprised if we get deep navy’ed

Offline SxM Designs

• * Esteemed Elder
  • https://sxmdesigns.com
    • Website
« Reply #71 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 01:55:09 »

He has never bothered with his projects. We should have stricter rules around GB updates.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #72 on: Fri, 06 January 2023, 14:44:38 »

He has never bothered with his projects. We should have stricter rules around GB updates.

One of the requirements/requests in the GB Rules and Guidelines is to update the GB thread at least once a month after the GB has finished (see below).  But is there any way this could be enforced?

Group Buy Rules and Guidelines

What are my responsibilities as a Group Buy organizer after creating the thread?

geekhack.org is a community of keyboard enthusiasts and not simply an advertising platform for keyboard-related sales. Thus we require that any group buy organizers who post their group buy threads in this section also provide updates in the thread they have started until the conclusion of the group buy, even if updates are also posted somewhere else. It is requested to post an update at least monthly, even if there is no progress in manufacturing.

Offline Matchablossom

« Reply #73 on: Thu, 12 January 2023, 00:48:55 »
This is the first group buy I ever participated. I knew to be patient. But waiting almost two years for a product is quite a lot.

How many months can that GMK queue be?!

The vendor I bought this set from does give an eta of "Expected shipping: None"

Frustrating.

Another set I bought in the same year also hasn't been shipped. GMK probably is the culprit. I just wished we'd know more than just "it's in the queue".

Honestly debating forgoing GMK and just buying whatever is available in the stores. This is a horrible experience.

Offline singabore

« Reply #74 on: Thu, 09 February 2023, 22:22:36 »

it arrived

Offline tsukune1349

« Reply #75 on: Thu, 09 February 2023, 23:12:57 »
Show Image

it arrived

Looking good  :thumb:
How do the colors look in person?
« Last Edit: Thu, 09 February 2023, 23:44:13 by tsukune1349 »

Offline singabore

« Reply #76 on: Fri, 10 February 2023, 08:43:44 »
Show Image

it arrived

Looking good  :thumb:
How do the colors look in person?

Good for the most part. It's hard to capture white on pink in pictures

Offline kenkaneki

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 06 January 2024, 03:16:42 »
After almost three years, I still haven’t received ****. Mykeyboard.eu is not even responding to my emails anymore. Mind you I recently I just send my third email in three years. So, it’s not like I been spamming them. But I guess even they don’t give a ****  :blank: