geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] ePBT Fruit Chew | GB SEP 10- OCT 16, Renders updated!, Pricing Revealed!

(1/12) > >>

adi:
ePBT Fruit Chew

GB THREAD

More
A fun, fruity, and most importantly chewy keycap set!
Please do not actually consume keycaps.

GB Date has been set! It will be between September 10- October 16th!

IC FORM

To keep up to date with development and news about this set, check out the Vala Supply discord!

Themed around one of my favorite chewy candies, this ePBT set is sure to spread the same joy.
It features a full dye-sub base kit, with grape-flavored alphas and strawberry mods, as well as the option to pick and choose your favorite look using the dye-sub accent kit.
Please feel free to leave any feedback below in the comments, and I hope you like it! 

Profile: Cherry
Material: Dye sublimated PBT
Manufacturer: ePBT

Kitting

Thoughts behind kitting
More Because this set uses full normal dye sub, I was allowed to kit out a relatively expansive base kit, including alice bars, ISO support, F13, among others. Additionally, due to the inclusion of alternate Hiragana alphas, I was able to cater to the 40s community by giving support to a wide range of boards such as the Planck, Preonic, and other 40s/ortho boards, simply by purchasing the alternate alphas and the 40’s kit. When these two kits are paired with the spacebar kit, which includes 2x 3u bars as well as accented alice bars and a range of 6.25/7u bars, virtually any less-than-60 percent keyboard can be kitted out without purchasing the base. Link to full album: https://imgur.com/a/uytEZg2

Board Renders

Credits, D60 Lite by KBDFANS, Haus by Hand Engineering, Saka68 by CMM Studios, KBD8x Bby KBDFans/ai03, Candybar by TKC All renders done by me. Link to full album: https://imgur.com/a/7Dki8zN

Deskmat- Fruit Salad!

GB Date/Timeline

Because ePBT is redoing their reverse dye sub molds and this set uses reverse dye sub in the accent kit, it would not be possible to run this set until the molds are completed. There is no specific timeline on when these molds will be done, it could be anywhere between a couple months. We do however know that they are on the last row, meaning it should be sooner rather than later. I hope to run the set soon after the molds are completed.

Accent kit has changed to full dye sub. This is for a number of reasons. First of all, it allows the set to run without waiting on molds. Second of all, I believe that the black legends make the accents easy to pair with other WOB and BOW sets. With this, we are aiming for a GB date of early September.

Vendors

US: Vala Supply
CAD: Ashkeebs
CN/Worldwide: KBDFans
AU: Switchkeys
PH/SEA: Zion Studios
EU: MyKeyboard
UK: Prototypist
IN: Rectangles Store
JP: Basekeys
SA: Fancy Customs

Colors
185u- Red
2069u- Purple
305u- Blue
374u- Green
Gmk WS1- White
GMK CR- Black
7408 U- Yellow

Note that all renders are simply used in order to visualize the set. These colors represent the actual colors that the set will use, and may be changed slightly as development goes on in order to better capture the theme. Things like monitor calibration, compression, and room lighting can all affect the perception of the set colors.

To-do list:

Collect IC responses and implement any applicable feedback
Update with novelties
Update with potential deskmats
Add collabs (Please contact!)
Redo renders with any kitting or color changes that have been collected in the IC
Set GB date
Enter GB
Finalize production file and place order with ePBT
Eat candy in celebration

Collaborations

Cable: Voxelmods

Voxelmods will be offering a set of colorful cables with white push pull connectors! More details to be revealed soon.

Bag: Mech Fashion!
Mechfashion will be offering a cute bag to hold your keyboard adorned with the same pattern found on the desk mat, complete with a plush apple-flavored green interior and a grape-flavored purple drawstring.

Metal Artisan: Asero Foundry
I am excited to be working with Asero Foundry on the metal artisan for this set! It will be a set of gun candy pegasus cerakoted caps, laser engraved with images of fruits- matching images to those found on the novelty set.

Resin Artisans: I will be working with the following resin makers on collabs for this set! More details, prototypes, etc TBA.
-Miroticaps
-Meof Caps
-Okeydokey Studio
-Bowbie Keycaps
-Kapcave
-Mythcaps
-n.Na Works

Please contact me if you are interested in doing any kind of collaboration! Best way to contact me is my Discord ID below.

Contact

Discord: adii#0395, or in the Fruit Chew channel in the Vala Supply Server

Thank you to:

Acitrin - Acitrin, the homie for real and being the day 1 vendor and helping me with kitting no matter what  time of day, as well as all the other vendors listed!
Cylent and Dr. Higsby - Dr. Higsby and Cylent for walking me through 40s kitting during 40s night and showing me how to pair the kit with alternate alphas.
Keycraft Creative, and CKC- for being places to talk about my set.
Mitches - Mitches for making that banger of a banner without me even asking
ImperfectLink -  for making KRK and all the designers who provided their files for rendering uses
And more people, there are too many to list

Change log:

7/9/2021: Posted IC
7/12/2021: Added deskmat teaser
7/16/2021: Updated Accent Kit
7/18/2021: Added Novelties
7/18/2021: Added tab to alt alphas kit

Signature

Consider copying this code into your GH profile to show your support for my work!

--- Code: ---[url=https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=113739.0][img width=503 height=120]https://i.ibb.co/Ms84WPp/epbt-fruit-chew-1.png[/img][/url]

--- End code ---

adi:
FAQ:
Why don't you make a separate base kit with hiragana alphas?
This would eliminate the 40s support that I worked so hard to make. It might also drive up the cost of the main base kit. I also agree with the common sentiment that hiragana is overdone in the keycap world, so making it a smaller kit seemed like the best option

Pls give native Mac 7u support in the base
No, I want a cheaper base kit. There are plenty of usable keys for this in the novelty kit though, so just grab that :thumb:

Hangul Kit?
No, this set is themed after a Japanese candy

You have two accented escapes in the base kit
Fear not, this will be fixed shortly

Ram:
Forklift

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

scott_mk:
Was cool seeing this sets progress. GLWIC.

Also reserved.

k4jtek:
Looks... delicious?

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Taptalak

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version