Author Topic: Captain BadAss' Keycon 2014 Thread [Pictures and Videos Are Up]  (Read 260999 times)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Re: Captain BadAss' Keycon 2014 Thread
« Reply #200 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 12:33:56 »
Sorry if I seemed quiet and didn't really introduce myself, I get distracted by things easily, and I'm not great with socializing. I also apologize that I spent a lot of time with my group of friends. They wanted to come see what the hype was about, but weren't quite as interested in everything going on after the first hour or so.

Meh, it was fine.  It was nice to meet you finally!  :)  And I can imagine that bringing friends that aren't quite as crazy as yourself can cause some attention span issues.   :))

On the plus side, at least you didn't go take a nap in your truck like Input Nirvana!  (and then have the audacity to claim that the nap was the best 12 minutes of the day!!)    :p

Almost forgot! Hoff, you saved the day going around with the gopro/hoffcam, thanks for doing that!

Haha, no problem!  That was really fun.  :D

I'm only sorry that you guys weren't able to have CPTBadAss wear the GoPro...  :( 

Offline CM-Rajiv

• CM Storm Rep
  • * Commercial Vendor
« Reply #201 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 12:35:34 »

Good luck in bringing keyboard enthusiasm to the mass market.  That is a tall order.

Yep - something we want to take on. We made big strides in the mech market through our education efforts, so this is just continuing on that and adding new elements.
Cooler Master USA - CM Storm Marketing Team - [CM Storm Trigger CherryMX Green Switch]

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #202 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 12:37:46 »

Good luck in bringing keyboard enthusiasm to the mass market.  That is a tall order.

Yep - something we want to take on. We made big strides in the mech market through our education efforts, so this is just continuing on that and adding new elements.
If only you had a legendary spokesperson... hmm...

(hire me ;) )
I love Elzy

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #203 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 13:31:38 »
Somewhat related to KEYCON 2014

VOTE FOR KENDAMAS ON MASSDROP
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #204 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 13:36:54 »

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #205 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 13:37:49 »
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #206 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 13:41:24 »

AW SNAP.

I'm just gonna get more.   :))   This is not a problem at all.  If I had to wait months to feed my addiction I would not be a happy hacker.  Now I'll just have 4 or 5.   :thumb:

hahahahahahahahahahaha this is too relevant

Offline EvilHMB

« Reply #207 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 14:25:40 »

AW SNAP.

I'm just gonna get more.   :))   This is not a problem at all.  If I had to wait months to feed my addiction I would not be a happy hacker.  Now I'll just have 4 or 5.   :thumb:

hahahahahahahahahahaha this is too relevant

that moment when you type in the quote box. hahaha

I love how it was JD who created that massdrop. Thanks for the links btw

« Last Edit: Mon, 14 July 2014, 14:27:11 by EvilHMB »

DasKeyboard4Professional   KBTalking Pro              HHKB Professional
( Blue Switches)                  ( Red Switches)

Offline Input Nirvana

• Master of the Calculated Risk
  • If I tell ya, I'll hafta kill ya
« Reply #208 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 14:38:09 »

Sorry if I seemed quiet and didn't really introduce myself, I get distracted by things easily, and I'm not great with socializing. I also apologize that I spent a lot of time with my group of friends. They wanted to come see what the hype was about, but weren't quite as interested in everything going on after the first hour or so.

Meh, it was fine.  It was nice to meet you finally!  :)  And I can imagine that bringing friends that aren't quite as crazy as yourself can cause some attention span issues.   :))

On the plus side, at least you didn't go take a nap in your truck like Input Nirvana!  (and then have the audacity to claim that the nap was the best 12 minutes of the day!!)    :p

Daaaang Hof! Great to meet you too!

I DID say that...mostly because I was so shocked that a search mission was launched after only 12 minutes! I actually meant too say it was the best USE OF 12 minutes (napping) for a needed recharge. Had barely 4 hours sleep due to picking up/housing out of town Geekers.....

Apologies for offending the delicate Geeker feelings :)

I'm only sorry I don't contribute anything to help GH, barely even participating....I feel like such a slacker....
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  
I AM THE REAPER . . . BECAUSE I KILL IT
~retired from forum activities 2015~

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #209 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 14:45:24 »

Daaaang Hof! Great to meet you too!

I DID say that...mostly because I was so shocked that a search mission was launched after only 12 minutes! I actually meant too say it was the best USE OF 12 minutes (napping) for a needed recharge. Had barely 4 hours sleep due to picking up/housing out of town Geekers.....

Apologies for offending the delicate Geeker feelings :)

I'm only sorry I don't contribute anything to help GH, barely even participating....I feel like such a slacker....

Bahahaha, now I know how to summon the great Input Nirvana.  :D  Don't worry, we all loved having you around.  Would have been far too quiet without.  Especially the HOLLERING at the ice cream shop.   :))

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #210 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 14:49:07 »
Oh yea...was a <little> loud....
Kinesis Advantage cut into 2 halves | RollerMouse Free 2 | Apple Magic Trackpad | Colemak
Evil Screaming Flying Door Monkeys From Hell                     Proudly GeekWhacking since 2009
Things change, things stay the same                                        Thanks much, Smallfry  

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
« Reply #211 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 15:01:26 »
Had a lot of fun reading this thread. I hope I can make it out next year, will be shortly after my 25th birthday and I've been meaning to travel for a few years now.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #212 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 15:20:23 »
Huge thanks to everyone who came out and especially everyone who facilitated, organized, and presented.  So many cool keyboards.  Great laughs, great food, great friends sharing our love for this hobby.  I am pumped about all the cool keyboards I saw, and my desire to empty my wallet in service of the enjoyment of feeling has never been greater.

Playing text adventures and banning Hoff on jwaz's VT220 was epic.

The tireless kendama advocacy of dorkvader was inspiring.

InputNirvana's booming voice and good natured, larger-than-life personality will echo through the ages.

Haata's self-introduction as the guy who has "all the keyboards" was hilariously spot-on.

KENDAMACON WEST 2014 never forget

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #213 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 15:27:55 »
That vt220 was incredible amounts of fun. So unhappy that Hoff took advantage of all my hard work though. And of course I'm going to eat the bear food instead of saving it. Bear is so greedy

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #214 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 15:29:00 »
That vt220 was incredible amounts of fun. So unhappy that Hoff took advantage of all my hard work though. And of course I'm going to eat the bear food instead of saving it. Bear is so greedy

It's not my fault I'm good at learning.   :rolleyes:   Still did pretty poorly though, despite that.  No idea how to log into that computer...   :-\

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #215 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 15:34:27 »

It's not my fault I'm good at learning.   :rolleyes:   Still did pretty poorly though, despite that.  No idea how to log into that computer...   :-\
Hoff:
The VT220 uses retina-scan login credentials.
CPTBadAss:
You're welcome (see reply to Hoff above)

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #216 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 15:36:58 »
Playing text adventures and banning Hoff on jwaz's VT220 was epic.

The tireless kendama advocacy of dorkvader was inspiring.

InputNirvana's booming voice and good natured, larger-than-life personality will echo through the ages.

Haata's self-introduction as the guy who has "all the keyboards" was hilariously spot-on.

Also, CptBadAss' groin-related patch job was the realest hype ever.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #217 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 15:38:07 »

Hoff:
The VT220 uses retina-scan login credentials.
CPTBadAss:
You're welcome (see reply to Hoff above)

Whoa, whoa.  I was talking about logging into the computer inside the VT220.  Not the VT220 itself.  In whatever crazy game it was that I was playing.   :p

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #218 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 15:38:50 »
Also, CptBadAss' groin-related patch job was the realest hype ever.

What's dis?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #219 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 15:39:40 »
Oh god, my fashion malfunction was all too real. I swear Ron was telling me with that aluminum tape.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #220 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 15:40:25 »
Oh god, my fashion malfunction was all too real. I swear Ron was telling me with that aluminum tape.

O.o

What on earth did I miss

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #221 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 15:47:32 »
CPTBadAss=Shiny New Unit.

Can't believe I let you into my truck with your Shiny New Unit. I wuz skeerd.

Your mom would be embarrassed.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #222 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 15:57:02 »
I managed to rip my pants on the pool table right at the crotch. Ron didn't have any duct tape but he had aluminum tape. So I had to temporarily patch my shorts with this hella shiny tape lolol

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #223 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 15:59:57 »
Ron had PLENTY of regular  tape, but the piece of shiny HVAC tape was far more hilarious!!!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #224 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 16:00:45 »
Ron had PLENTY of regular  tape, but the piece of shiny HVAC tape was far more hilarious!!!

:)) :))

Sad I missed this!   :p

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #225 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 16:18:18 »
I took a pic, but the reflection zapped the lens useless. Hell, Russian coal miners could see dat ting!

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #226 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 16:19:45 »
I took a pic, but the reflection zapped the lens useless. Hell, Russian coal miners could see dat ting!

TIL IN flashed CBA's dong.

Offline Input Nirvana

Captain BadAss' Keycon 2014 Thread
« Reply #227 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 16:23:13 »

TIL IN flashed CBA's dong.

Correction:
IN flashed CBA's SNU

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #228 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 16:23:23 »
Dongsquad in full effect irl

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #229 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 16:51:45 »
I hope everyone got home safely afterwards :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #230 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 16:54:53 »
I'm still traveling :(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #231 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 17:09:44 »
I'm still traveling :(

Have a safe journey :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline EvilHMB

« Reply #232 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 19:14:14 »

O.o

What on earth did I miss
I got it covered.  its clear cptn badass is part black.  At least his lower half.

Offline morethanless

« Reply #233 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 19:23:06 »
:D :D
Nice stripe.  Did he go into public areas with this tape?

Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless LineaR
(Cherry MX Red)

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #234 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 19:26:07 »
Damnnnnn

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #235 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 19:31:22 »
He had to make a trip to pick up some replacement pants before hanging out afterwards, otherwise there would be too much hanging out.  ;D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #236 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 19:32:36 »
He had to make a trip to pick up some replacement pants before hanging out afterwards, otherwise there would be too much hanging out.  ;D

I thought the tape was stopping him from hanging out, so he had to go get some other pants so he could hang out?

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #237 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 19:34:33 »
I thought the tape was stopping him from hanging out, so he had to go get some other pants so he could hang out?
The tape didn't cover up everything  :eek:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #238 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 19:40:16 »
I did get new pants. After the con on Sunday before boba and dinner

Offline Melvang

• Exquisite Lord of Bumfluff
  • * Maker
  • Melvang's Desktop Customs
« Reply #239 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 19:43:55 »
I wouldn't have worried about it.  A dead man won't fall out a window.  Haha   :eek:   :thumb:   :-*
OG Kishsaver, Razer Orbweaver clears and reds with blue LEDs, and Razer Naga Epic.   "Great minds crawl in the same sewer"  Uncle Rich

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #240 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 19:46:05 »

O.o

What on earth did I miss
I got it covered. 
Show Image
its clear cptn badass is part black.  At least his lower half.

Hahaaaaaa! Nice, thanks for taking care of that for us, EvilHMB.  xD   That's even better than I imagined.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #241 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 21:11:33 »
Finally got home about 40 minutes ago. Who wants to do another meetup this week? :P

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #242 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 21:13:45 »
Finally got home about 40 minutes ago. Who wants to do another meetup this week? :P

I'm available in WI!!   :p

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #243 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 22:21:09 »
Wasn't gonna post CPTBadAss's Shiny New Unit, I'm precluded from doing so (will get booted from GH really, really hard), but I'm glad someone else did AND showing Ron in the background snickering at his masterful "work".
« Last Edit: Mon, 14 July 2014, 22:24:24 by Input Nirvana »

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #244 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 22:34:00 »
What I heard was that when he went into the new pants store, like 10 women tried to pick him up right there.

Offline Input Nirvana

« Reply #245 on: Mon, 14 July 2014, 23:04:42 »
Yea, they wanted pick him up and put him in their purse and shuttle him around!

Offline EvilHMB

« Reply #246 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 00:04:23 »
shhhh leaked photos x:

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #247 on: Tue, 15 July 2014, 01:23:23 »

I added Oozora (JKA certified) and kendamaUSA tribute (better than classic)

For reference these were the kendamas actually at keycon. I had a natural woodgrain ozora, lingj (i think) had a red translucent tribte. CPTBadAtKendama has a blue tribute.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #248 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 07:00:41 »
In the next few days, I'll be putting up pictures that I have from the con. I was also thinking of putting up IDs of who is who. Anyone from the Con not want to be identified? Should I not do this?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #249 on: Wed, 16 July 2014, 08:57:29 »
In the next few days, I'll be putting up pictures that I have from the con. I was also thinking of putting up IDs of who is who. Anyone from the Con not want to be identified? Should I not do this?

People who do not want to be identified generally don't go out in public. Or they shouldn't, anyway. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."