Author Topic: Tron Computer Desk with stainless steel Stealth keyboard starting at $20  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Snarfangel

I kind of wish I lived in the Spokane area. Starting bid is $20, and you get a Stealth stainless steel keyboard and trackball, maple desk, and monitor. Have no clue what shipping costs would be. Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tron-Computer-Desk-used-at-Disney-ElecTRONica-Very-UNIQUE-/251918789360?

And a couple of pics:

And finally, the description, Quote:
The desktop is solid maple on a steel frame (very heavy) The keyboard is made by a company called stealth (http://www.stealth.com/peripherals_KYBX-300L-PM_panelmount_keyboard.htm) and is a rugged industrial grade keyboard and track ball which retails for $500. The Desk comes with the monitor but no pc, I did take a picture to show the screen works as it should. The monitor is enclosed in a steel case. Underneath the desk is a steel enclosed box where the computer fits. Any windows based pc will work. The desk has a power cord that is run through the frame, also has blue LED light strip underneath the desktop. I had this in my shop but rarely used it, it was more of a conversation piece. Pretty cool computer desk for a collector or someone needing a rugged workstation.

/Not mine, of course -- I live in Southern Oregon, not Tacoma. :) I just saw this and was a bit fascinated by it even though it couldn't possibly be ergonomic. I asked the seller for dimensions, so hopefully that will show up in the description. It looks like a tank, though.

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
I kinda wished I was in this area, this would make a great projects/soldering desk.

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
I was excited about this until the page loaded and I saw the pictures.  It looks like a nice, solid desk, but it's obvious Disney's Imagineers were not involved with its design. 

Offline Snarfangel

Just got some further information from the seller:

"The length of the table is 4' and width is 2' ( length and width stay the same with monitor) the height to top of monitor is about 52"
As far as the weight goes I put it on my electronic body fat scale and got 87 pounds and zero body fat : ) "