Author Topic: Customizing keycaps with a laser engraver  (Read 3868 times)

Offline VinnyCordeiro

Customizing keycaps with a laser engraver
« on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 20:31:51 »
Have anyone already tried that?

I was thinking about using a laser engraver to etch some blank keycaps. Just need to find someone who have one for that...

Offline engicoder

Re: Customizing keycaps with a laser engraver
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 20:44:41 »

I was thinking about using a laser engraver to etch some blank keycaps. Just need to find someone who have one for that...
WASD used to do laser etching and engraving, but switched to UV printer for more flexibility and better results.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 17 October 2015, 22:41:37 »

WASD used to do laser etching and engraving, but switched to UV printer for more flexibility and better results.

Didn't know that. Bugger. :(

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #3 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 15:21:42 »

I do remember someone (gonna say it was on reddit) who had taken blank keycaps and laser engraved them. I found this
but that wasn't the post I was specifically looking for. But to answer your question, people have done that.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 18 October 2015, 17:18:36 »

I do remember someone (gonna say it was on reddit) who had taken blank keycaps and laser engraved them. I found this
Show Image
but that wasn't the post I was specifically looking for. But to answer your question, people have done that.
Looks good.

Offline toneman77

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 05 November 2015, 16:39:15 »

Show Image
Maybe that one? (just saved the album in imgur, and it the thread on r/mk)

More pics here