Author Topic: [GB] Troubled Minds estimated ship date is March 10 or 11, 2016  (Read 86949 times)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
Re: [GB] Troubled Minds is UP on Massdrop
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 18:14:03 »
Base kit needs 5 more to unlock the third price drop, the Joker/Eva kit has reached the third drop point. ErgoDox and Planck isn't moving much.

I chuckled njbair, ironic indeed. :D

ISO moved from 7 to 12 :)  It might go a little higher.
Hopefully it will, Yanbo is monitoring every child deal closely and might have a plan b.

"haters are confused admirers"

Offline lashiel

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 18:25:54 »

Anyone wanna buy me a set? =S

I'll... I'll sell my soul (a binge)

Which Binge? ;)

Offline Glenmael

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 18:31:59 »

Which Binge? ;)

Trust...

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #153 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 18:36:56 »

Which Binge? ;)

Orange keyng with gold spots

I will also throw in a translucent lime Topre UMAD to make it a more fair trade.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #154 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 19:11:06 »
Glad to see the base and novelty kits moving.  Numpad is only 4 off from hitting the 2nd price point so hopefully that + base move up to save us a bit more cash.

I'm surprised about the Ergodox kits, though.  Given the popularity of that board I would have thought that would sell better.  Perhaps the dox users already have sufficient caps in those locations. 

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #155 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 19:18:48 »
Glad to see the base and novelty kits moving.  Numpad is only 4 off from hitting the 2nd price point so hopefully that + base move up to save us a bit more cash.

I'm surprised about the Ergodox kits, though.  Given the popularity of that board I would have thought that would sell better.  Perhaps the dox users already have sufficient caps in those locations.
I should have probably conducted a poll first, for child deals. In any case, the color is not for everyone. :)

Offline cwils0n

• twiggletwaggle
« Reply #156 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 21:50:40 »

I'm actually quite surprised at the Ergodox numbers myself...I was the one who requested it to be included, thinking that it would be something a lot of folks would want.  It's quite hard to get a full set since SP is the only producer and if you try to order blank sets through PMK it ends up costing an asston of money.  I'm wondering if a lot of ergodox users got their fix with Carbon, Retro, and 1976 or perhaps are good with the DSA set that came with the Infinity.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #157 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 22:20:58 »

I'm actually quite surprised at the Ergodox numbers myself...I was the one who requested it to be included, thinking that it would be something a lot of folks would want.  It's quite hard to get a full set since SP is the only producer and if you try to order blank sets through PMK it ends up costing an asston of money.  I'm wondering if a lot of ergodox users got their fix with Carbon, Retro, and 1976 or perhaps are good with the DSA set that came with the Infinity.
Honestly, I think demand has been overestimated. It exceeded my expectations (by a lot), so I'm very happy. :D

Offline cwils0n

• twiggletwaggle
« Reply #158 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 22:25:00 »
Well I for one am very happy you included it!

Offline Jedi

« Reply #159 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 22:27:58 »
We need EVERYONE to commit to their buys so we can all see the lowest price points, and then if it isn't for you, you always can change your mind before the group buy closes.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #160 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 22:30:13 »
I think people are doing it the other way round, waiting for the drop points to be reached before ordering a child deal.

Offline Jedi

« Reply #161 on: Mon, 23 November 2015, 23:08:54 »
The opposite of what could happen by all of us doing the right thing and joining on the buys we want NOW.  Its silly to hold an order over 3 dollars when we can all gain by knowing we got what we wanted.  :p

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #162 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 01:20:27 »
We've reached the third drop point for the base kit. :thumb:

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #163 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 04:23:36 »
Base kit needs 5 more to unlock the third price drop, the Joker/Eva kit has reached the third drop point. ErgoDox and Planck isn't moving much.

I chuckled njbair, ironic indeed. :D

ISO moved from 7 to 12 :)  It might go a little higher.
Hopefully it will, Yanbo is monitoring every child deal closely and might have a plan b.

I think that Yanbo needs to act today if there is a plan. I suspect when business hours close tonight in the US people will start to cancel their orders to avoid getting only part of what they need.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #164 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 05:01:47 »
I think people are doing it the other way round, waiting for the drop points to be reached before ordering a child deal.

Yep, everyone's waiting for the absolute 'rock-bottom' pricing a few minutes before the deadline ends.

Unbelievable but true, they all still think MD operates exactly like the older PMK site did, when you know the lowest price is set 2 minutes before the Group Buy ends.

Trouble is quite a few will miss out when everyone hammers their server to take their orders before the end.  You can not change this type of mindset no matter how many times you tell them, some people are slow learners so let them find out the hard way when it comes to these type of Group Buys.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #165 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 05:02:46 »
YES, what can be said here .......

I hate the internet, it simply won't work when you want it too..........
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 November 2015, 05:06:12 by Elrick »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #166 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 05:04:05 »
Geezus H.

Sorry TRIPLE posted, damn connection  >:( .
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 November 2015, 05:06:50 by Elrick »

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #167 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 05:09:47 »

Yep, everyone's waiting for the absolute 'rock-bottom' pricing a few minutes before the deadline ends.

Unbelievable but true, they all still think MD operates exactly like the older PMK site did, when you know the lowest price is set 2 minutes before the Group Buy ends.

Trouble is quite a few will miss out when everyone hammers their server to take their orders before the end.  You can not change this type of mindset no matter how many times you tell them, some people are slow learners so let them find out the hard way when it comes to these type of Group Buys.

I think I've done my part to to make this group buy a success, so now it all goes down to the community :)

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #168 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 11:19:25 »
So, if I order a child deal that doesn't meet the minimum by the end of the drop, I won't get that child deal??

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #169 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 11:46:14 »
Traded my artisans for a set

Glad to be in on my first SA set!

Offline lashiel

« Reply #170 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 12:04:30 »
So, if I order a child deal that doesn't meet the minimum by the end of the drop, I won't get that child deal??

Traditionally, that's been the case, though I think at the very least they'll reach out to you before charging. That said, I think thesis has been saying that Massdrop is seeing what they can do for sets that don't meet MOQ.

I would really like a more official word on that. Like a few others, I'm waiting on the non-standard kit.

:)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 12:11:51 »

Traditionally, that's been the case, though I think at the very least they'll reach out to you before charging. That said, I think thesis has been saying that Massdrop is seeing what they can do for sets that don't meet MOQ.

I would really like a more official word on that. Like a few others, I'm waiting on the non-standard kit.

I don't think they can take action while the drop is active, they need the final numbers and then ask SP for the final pricing, and then maybe ask people if they're willing to pay a higher price.

They have assured me that they will not leave anyone hanging with half an order unfulfilled , ie. charging someone for a base kit while the Planck half failed.

This is not the official statement, just going by conversation I had regarding steps we can take. I also believe they buy extras, so a goal 5 orders short probably mean a child deal unlocked. Again not official, just going by our discussions.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 November 2015, 12:14:10 by thesiscamper »

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 12:16:26 »

Me too!

I want this set but I want it with the non traditional keys as well. :/

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #173 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 12:44:36 »

Welcome to the fold :D

Offline Rodgaroon

• Size matters, just ask my wife.
« Reply #174 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 12:49:37 »
Looks like the GB is going well, Best of luck to everyone.
G6v2 (MX Black) | Poker II (MX Brown) | Compact SQ (MX Clears 62g)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #175 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 17:10:31 »
Looks like the GB is going well, Best of luck to everyone.
It is, thanks! :D

Edit:
Drop will end tomorrow midnight, Pacific Time.
« Last Edit: Tue, 24 November 2015, 17:17:23 by thesiscamper »

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #176 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 22:52:54 »
So I assume we're out of luck on extra spacebars? SP doesn't have purple or the same green SA spacebars on there site either. I assume it would be too late to add that now, I know I saw it mentioned earlier in thread.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #177 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 22:55:18 »
So I assume we're out of luck on extra spacebars? SP doesn't have purple or the same green SA spacebars on there site either. I assume it would be too late to add that now, I know I saw it mentioned earlier in thread.
Yes I believe it's too late now, and nobody brought it up during the IC stage, or even until mid-drop I think.

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #178 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 23:37:13 »
Yes I believe it's too late now, and nobody brought it up during the IC stage, or even until mid-drop I think.
Yea, oh well just have to deal with a shiny spacebar or use a different profile one. Hopefully SP will have more options on their site by the time they start getting shiny.
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #179 on: Tue, 24 November 2015, 23:42:33 »
Yea, oh well just have to deal with a shiny spacebar or use a different profile one. Hopefully SP will have more options on their site by the time they start getting shiny.
The only options I can think of is the alternate color mod pack.. and I think romevi said you can use the purple color from 7bit's round 5a. Sorry, it's something that I could have easily added but one I was not aware of.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 00:22:58 »
The only options I can think of is the alternate color mod pack.. and I think romevi said you can use the purple color from 7bit's round 5a. Sorry, it's something that I could have easily added but one I was not aware of.

The purple is the same and they're both SA, so they should work. The only issue may be shipping costs, and you'll have to wait a year.
Or two.

Offline Dernubenfrieken

« Reply #181 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 06:11:29 »

The purple is the same and they're both SA, so they should work. The only issue may be shipping costs, and you'll have to wait a year.
Or two.

The wait might be a good feature though. "Hey is my spacebar getting too worn out? Maybe I should look to replace it... hey whats this package? What did I order?"

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #182 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 08:35:09 »
Did the non standard kit reach moq?

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #183 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 13:08:48 »

It's hard to say as Massdrop are not very good at updating the page :(

The unlock point is 100 and as of Mondays update it's at 47.  But looking at the main page people are leaving the groupbuy so only Massdrop know the current accurate numbers.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #184 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 14:17:01 »

The unlock point is 100 and as of Mondays update it's at 47.  But looking at the main page people are leaving the groupbuy so only Massdrop know the current accurate numbers.
Yanbo has made an official statement, nobody will be charged for half the kits they need if the other half doesn't reach MOQ, they will be reaching out to you AFTER the drop to give you options.

We reached the 3rd drop drop point and I was told the price won't go up again even if we slide down below the 200 mark.

I've laid out the situation and your options as best as I can.

Offline Waateva

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #185 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 14:24:10 »

Yanbo has made an official statement, nobody will be charged for half the kits they need if the other half doesn't reach MOQ, they will be reaching out to you AFTER the drop to give you options.

We reached the 3rd drop drop point and I was told the price won't go up again even if we slide down below the 200 mark.

Thanks for the update thesis, its a beautiful set and I for one can't wait for my sets to come (they all met MOQ already :) )
Duck Blackbird - Gaterstotles /// O'Mira - V Blacks /// LZ GH v2 - V Clears /// Leopold FC980C /// TGR Jane CE v2 (unbuilt) /// Lin Dolphin 2021 (unbuilt)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #186 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 14:44:35 »

Thanks for the update thesis, its a beautiful set and I for one can't wait for my sets to come (they all met MOQ already :) )
Thank you for the support, I truly appreciate it. :thumb:

Offline My_Thoughts

« Reply #187 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 15:08:21 »

That's is excellent news :)  and thanks for the update. Massdrop have also extended the drop by 2 days so lets hope numbers keep going up :)

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #188 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 16:18:55 »

That's is excellent news :)  and thanks for the update. Massdrop have also extended the drop by 2 days so lets hope numbers keep going up :)
Hopefully more people join :thumb:

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #189 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 18:53:17 »
Looks like the buy was extended a bit longer to help with some of the confusion on kits.  Hopefully that allows some other sets to hit MoQ numbers.  That and hopefully all my kits can hit their next price break points :D

Offline profet

« Reply #190 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 19:36:01 »
Can I ask why the Ergodox kit is priced so incredibly high?

It's all blanks. How can that be more expensive then doubleshot kits with novelties and such?
Bringing custom Ergodoxes to the masses.

My heatware: http://www.heatware.com/u/102649

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #191 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 19:42:19 »

It's all blanks. How can that be more expensive then doubleshot kits with novelties and such?

It's also 42 keys which likely adds to the price.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #192 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 19:44:06 »

I'm not sure, but it has several larger sized keys compared to the other kits.

Offline profet

« Reply #193 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 19:53:00 »

Yeah... it just feels wrong to spend so much on a set of blanks. It just doesn't feel like a discount over buying the individual blanks (although the colors aren't available)... still feels like ergodox users are being taken for a ride.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #194 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 20:14:21 »

Yeah... it just feels wrong to spend so much on a set of blanks. It just doesn't feel like a discount over buying the individual blanks (although the colors aren't available)... still feels like ergodox users are being taken for a ride.
I asked how to do the ErgoDox kit, and the concensus was blanks, this being a sculpted set and people using different key layouts. I only have a Ducky TKL and very new to mech keyboards, so I rely a lot on others when doing the non-standard layouts.

In any case, I expect Massdrop staff to contact you if it doesn't reach MOQ, they have committed to produce all the kits and try to work it out.

Offline profet

« Reply #195 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 20:21:10 »

I asked how to do the ErgoDox kit, and the concensus was blanks, this being a sculpted set and people using different key layouts. I only have a Ducky TKL and very new to mech keyboards, so I rely a lot on others when doing the non-standard layouts.

In any case, I expect Massdrop staff to contact you if it doesn't reach MOQ, they have committed to produce all the kits and try to work it out.

And I still think blanks was the correct decision. I just thought that non doubleshot blanks would have meant a cheaper kit.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #196 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 23:15:53 »
One of the things I'm noticing is the requests on MD for the Commit at X Price option.  That they didn't put in multiple price points at the start may have meant such wasn't an option.  Honestly, they need to work on that as that commit system helps those that are on the fence and just waiting for the price to drop. 

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #197 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 23:20:48 »
One of the things I'm noticing is the requests on MD for the Commit at X Price option.  That they didn't put in multiple price points at the start may have meant such wasn't an option.  Honestly, they need to work on that as that commit system helps those that are on the fence and just waiting for the price to drop.
I'm just guessing here, but the mechanical kb team probably doesn't have much say in how the whole system for the site works, and maybe they have a hard time convincing their programmers to change it for them, especially since the other communities don't need multiple child deals.

This is also probably why community page updates are too slow, Yanbo has said they are not allowed to change it themselves.

Offline Niomosy

« Reply #198 on: Wed, 25 November 2015, 23:42:26 »
I'm just guessing here, but the mechanical kb team probably doesn't have much say in how the whole system for the site works, and maybe they have a hard time convincing their programmers to change it for them, especially since the other communities don't need multiple child deals.

This is also probably why community page updates are too slow, Yanbo has said they are not allowed to change it themselves.

Oh, I agree that keycaps are in a unique situation that MassDrop really wasn't prepared for originally.  It also seems that the dev team is possibly small, probably busy, and likely both of those.  I'm sure the keyboard community workers would love to have a more automated system in place to get things like current kit counts for us to see without them having to do the work. 

However, the community leaders could be putting multiple price points into the drop.  That should allow the Commit at X Price option to show up, at least as far as I'm aware.  With only one price point on the drop manually updated, there's no ability to commit at a lower price.

Honestly, I hadn't even thought of that aspect when thinking about the multiple price points but I've seen it brought up by at least a few people in the MD discussion and I can see their point even I feel the easiest thing to do is simply commit then withdraw later if items don't drop to the price you want.

If MD can square these kinds of things away, it could certainly help future drops.  For this drop, I'm all good.

Offline thesiscamper

• * Maker
    • Keyrenders
« Reply #199 on: Thu, 26 November 2015, 04:48:27 »
Oh, I agree that keycaps are in a unique situation that MassDrop really wasn't prepared for originally.  It also seems that the dev team is possibly small, probably busy, and likely both of those.  I'm sure the keyboard community workers would love to have a more automated system in place to get things like current kit counts for us to see without them having to do the work. 

However, the community leaders could be putting multiple price points into the drop.  That should allow the Commit at X Price option to show up, at least as far as I'm aware.  With only one price point on the drop manually updated, there's no ability to commit at a lower price.

Honestly, I hadn't even thought of that aspect when thinking about the multiple price points but I've seen it brought up by at least a few people in the MD discussion and I can see their point even I feel the easiest thing to do is simply commit then withdraw later if items don't drop to the price you want.

If MD can square these kinds of things away, it could certainly help future drops.  For this drop, I'm all good.

Here's hoping for an updated system for the next drops. On a related note, the alt color mod child deal has tipped and should be showing $8.99 for the price, so this manual update is a real problem.