Author Topic: [IC] - Eco - the ortho 40% for cheap clackers - Alps/MX support in switch LED's  (Read 7641 times)

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
    • Bishop Computer Design web
Eco

the idea behind the board....

in expensive board near the 40% size with a small alternative layout on the bottom row adding some 2u space bars.
in the current design a pro micro would be the controller and all 18 of its GPIO pins would be used preventing the use of RGB led's by normal means however standard in switch led's could be used.

estimated pcb cost would be 10$ or less.

169113-0169115-1
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
after so much positive feedback from /r/MK i'm planning to purchase prototypes of this board in preparation for a GB!

stay tuned!  :thumb:
Projects
Build to give back, 40% | Alps/Matias Removal ToolUltraHack 67% Hackdura  | ErgoDox case

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
Eco prototypes will be in by EOW says DHL
Projects

Offline stand.geek

Is it compatible with olkb plate and case?

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius

no sorry
Projects

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
prototypes are in and work great! just afew tweaks and they will be GB ready. soon! :thumb:

http://imgur.com/a/999pz
170295-0
Projects

Offline Mechboards

• * Vendor
  • Mechboards UK
    • Mechboards
prototypes are in and work great! just afew tweaks and they will be GB ready. soon! :thumb:

(Attachment Link)

Looks awesome!

Offline stand.geek

no sorry

Oh, I just realized that it is 14 column! 2 column more than planck

Offline latvianclacker

With those arrows.... oh god yes. Hopefully something i may be able to afford  :D

Offline aikilink

Very nice! I have been watching it on r/MK, and am thinking I might get a couple, if not just for soldering practice/boards to share! I have a Planck, and I don't really want to go bigger, but the extra few keys should be more appealing to some friends/family, as well as the more budget price that I'm hoping for! Thanks for doing this!

Offline MeloDet

Has there been any word as to whether or not this will come with a case of some sort?

Offline Chiovatto

Has there been any word as to whether or not this will come with a case of some sort?

Well on his instagram the board was with a steel bottom, here https://www.instagram.com/p/BVlE1ntFNZK/?taken-by=bishopkeyboards

Offline MeloDet

Well on his instagram the board was with a steel bottom, here https://www.instagram.com/p/BVlE1ntFNZK/?taken-by=bishopkeyboards

Think that's a different board actually. The one in the picture isn't ortho

Offline Chiovatto

Think that's a different board actually. The one in the picture isn't ortho

Ops, was too excited. Thanks for correct me!

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
group buy is in the planning phase will be opening it up soon  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Projects

Offline Tom_Kazansky

• Oblivion Knight

(Attachment Link)

looks good!  :thumb:

Eco

the idea behind the board....

in expensive board near the 40% size with a small alternative layout on the bottom row adding some 2u space bars.
in the current design a pro micro would be the controller and all 18 of its GPIO pins would be used preventing the use of RGB led's by normal means however standard in switch led's could be used.

estimated pcb cost would be 10$ or less.

(Attachment Link) (Attachment Link)

you mentioned in switch led, but I don't see and holes for leds  :confused:
I think I would need 2 ~ 3 led for indicators (capslock, numlock,...), is that possible?

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
for right now its not possible due to the number of pins taken up but perhaps in future revisions this may be a thing.
Projects

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
GROUP BUY DROPS THIS WEEK. (tomorrow most likely)

will update with links
Projects

Online Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
Keeping an eye on this thread for sure! I've been wanting to try out an ortho layout & 40% KB for quite some time, but the prices on most 40% & ortho kits is fairly steep. They're all great looking & high quality boards but not very feasible for someone like me who is on the fence & just wants to try the layouts out. I was hoping to make it to Keycon this yr since it was in Philly but unfortunately I had to take my Mom to visit my little brother that weekend. Top that off with the fact that afaik there has never been a Pgh meet up (I got tentative plans to change that though) & I end up with very few avenues other than just building one myself to try out different layouts & boards.

This here is a project i can completely get behind because of the affordability. I'd have no problem letting a $100 to $150 build just be part of my board collection if I do not really like the ortho or 40% layout. On the other hand I'd be kicking myself in the teeth repeatedly if I were to splurge on something like a Planck or Minivan & ended up not liking it. Thanks for putting this GB together mrbishop, I can see many of us who are on the fence with ortho or 40% jumping on this kit! :thumb:
« Last Edit: Thu, 06 July 2017, 11:57:12 by Rob27shred »

Offline mrbishop

• * Maker
  • Evil Genius
Projects