Author Topic: [IC]GMK Triumph Adler [LIVE!!!!]  (Read 175663 times)

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
Look at the photos in OP.  The legends are distinctly dark blue,  and they look just spiffy with the teal mods.

I think this dark blue from the original set
Show Image

looks better than the blue in this mock up.
Show Image

If it's close to the original blue I'm fine with it, but I think that blue in the mock up is a bit too light.
I agree with regards to the blue, the blue in the mockup looks a bit electric blue

Offline Giorgio

I like very much the idea of the blue legends.
I hope that you can add to the set an option made of 4 blank 1u keys, each set could be made of four keys r1,r2,r3,r4. This could allow to have international sets with some blank keys, that's better than having a wrong symbol printed on the keycap.

Also, for those who live in Europe, it would be nice to have a proxy, to avoid taxes.
« Last Edit: Sat, 14 February 2015, 13:59:07 by gianni »

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
The dark blue looks well in the picture, but the light one of the render does not. I may be just an artifact of the digitally produced blue though.

Offline Heliosphere

Look at the photos in OP.  The legends are distinctly dark blue,  and they look just spiffy with the teal mods.

I think this dark blue from the original set
Show Image

looks better than the blue in this mock up.
Show Image

If it's close to the original blue I'm fine with it, but I think that blue in the mock up is a bit too light.

Yeah the colors in the photo are darker than in the mockup. Hopefully the production colors can match the photo.

Offline Den441

I was on team blue as well. I can see the argument for teal though. For those in doubt, I point to this pic which has been posted in these TA threads before:

Note the un-aged under side of the alpha cap. You can the difference between the aged /un-aged blue plastic for the legends, and see that the legends did not seem to age as dramatically as the blue mods for some reason. Is it going to be a perfect match? No, but I think that is going to be pretty darn close. It will certainly still be worthy of being called a TA Replica set.

Also, If you are lucky enough to have a G80/81 Olivetti case, then with these caps you could have an entire TA-Replica board. The blue used on the Olivetti and TA case labels was the same dark blue. From a distance it would look just like the real thing I think. I couldn't say the same thing with regards to the teal legends.
Custom Wrist Rests, Artisan Keycaps, and more - http://battlestation.io

Sales Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74835.0

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Show Image

I don't think SP or MD expected the buy to reach anywhere near those quantities.  R1 got like what, 400 buys?

The pbt >>>>>>> abs hype train is all over massdrop. For sure you will get hundreds of people complaining and asking for it in pbt.

Then let the vocal minority complain.  The above picture shows that hundreds could be a small percentage of potential buyers

Keep in mind that it's not actually 5,487 unique people buying full sets; they counted each set being sold as a "buyer" in that Granite R2 on MD.  It was under 1,000 people buying in.  Still not insignificant, but not nearly as large a number as it first appears.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Show Image

I don't think SP or MD expected the buy to reach anywhere near those quantities.  R1 got like what, 400 buys?

The pbt >>>>>>> abs hype train is all over massdrop. For sure you will get hundreds of people complaining and asking for it in pbt.

Then let the vocal minority complain.  The above picture shows that hundreds could be a small percentage of potential buyers

Keep in mind that it's not actually 5,487 unique people buying full sets; they counted each set being sold as a "buyer" in that Granite R2 on MD.  It was under 1,000 people buying in.  Still not insignificant, but not nearly as large a number as it first appears.

Most of them from r/MK, because, you know, PBT.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
Show Image

Yeah, It was cringe worthy how so many posters over there were ridiculing Hyperfuse because of it being a "$100+ ABS Set." I don't understand why so many just assume PBT is always better.
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore

Show Image

Yeah, It was cringe worthy how so many posters over there were ridiculing Hyperfuse because of it being a "$100+ ABS Set." I don't understand why so many just assume PBT is always better.
Because of them poker 2 caps. I honestly like abs more because when it is worn a bit down, it feels grippy, I think most of them prefer PBT because abs gets super disgusting if you don't clean your caps, which I don't think they do.

Offline intelli78

Re: [IC]GMK Triumph Adler [loaner caps procured, Massdrop voting starts now]
« Reply #309 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 15:22:25 »
Bump! Loaner caps have been procured for color matching / product photos. Working with Massdrop now, will have more news soon. In the meantime let's show support and gauge some numbers by voting in this Massdrop poll:

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/triumph-adler-gmk-replica----cherry-mx-keycap-set-1?referer=KQJNA3#tab-voting

Final render:

Blog hype train linked in Massdrop poll, channeling Elrick / IT crowd: http://www.keychatter.com/2015/02/19/triumph-adler-gmk-group-buy-vote-on-massdrop-for-your-chance-to-own-the-rarest-and-sexiest-cherry-mx-keycap-set-ever/

And the Reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2wgybt/triumph_adler_gmk_group_buy_vote_on_massdrop_for/
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 February 2015, 15:25:02 by intelli78 »
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #310 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 15:31:20 »
Awesome news, voted (lol @ the two votes for Fisher Price)
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline Zeal

• Actually the King of Green Tea Kit-Kats
  • * Vendor
    • Zeal Generation Inc.
« Reply #311 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 15:33:07 »
Voted for fisher price keyboard.

Just kidding.
        "Bird have wing, bird will fly. Henry had wings.  Henry now fly." -Sent

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #312 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 15:36:08 »
Voted for fisher price keyboard.

Just kidding.

+1

I did vote for it  :))

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #313 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 15:37:53 »
Now all this thread needs is Elrick! Kudos on all the hard work done by you and everyone else involved Intelli, I'll definitely be ordering a set, and really hope this gets made!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #314 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 15:42:06 »
I want that fisher price set.
Someday somebody will best me, but it won't be today, and it won't be you.

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #315 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 15:43:44 »
Voted for the set!  I want this on Massdrop Meow!

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #316 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 15:47:39 »
Blargh. This is pretty. I might have to join... SIGH... Massdrop.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #317 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 15:51:11 »
Voted! So anxious for this I can barely stand it! This will very likely be my first GMK set.

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #318 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:00:33 »
Important to remember that GMK mockups are not_even_close to what the keys will look like in real life. I think the blue will look quite good :thumb:

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #319 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:02:24 »
Important to remember that GMK mockups are not_even_close to what the keys will look like in real life. I think the blue will look quite good :thumb:
Show Image

Show Image

Also important to note that they are color matching, and we should have correct color representations prior to the buy even opening.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #320 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:05:42 »
Now all this thread needs is Elrick! Kudos on all the hard work done by you and everyone else involved Intelli, I'll definitely be ordering a set, and really hope this gets made!
Show Image

I know. I was wondering why I haven't seen him in this thread.

Dat Fisher Price  :))
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Den441

« Reply #321 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:08:40 »
Great call starting the interest check there. Already almost 70 votes too. I think this will help build up the hype on MD so we can get some strong numbers. I think one important thing to note there is that GMK ABS is different from other ABS caps. It is nearly as thick as PBT and if someone is worried about the longevity you can point them to the pictures of the boards that this set is based on and the fact that GMK has the original cherry molds now. And from what I have seen, those old cherry doubleshots have held up pretty well with age.
Custom Wrist Rests, Artisan Keycaps, and more - http://battlestation.io

Sales Thread - https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=74835.0

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #322 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:09:01 »
Is it possible at all to get bars on the F and J as opposed to just the scoops?.    I don't mind the scoops, but my son hates them.   

*** only 75 votes so far??

Offline intelli78

« Reply #323 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:12:01 »
Yeah. The fact that the reddit thread is floundering at 4-5 votes tells me that many folks do NOT understand the quality of these caps.

Could also be that they don't have enough mainstream appeal - maybe the teal won't be a hit among casual enthusiasts. No matter though, I think we can still hit MOQ  :thumb:

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #324 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:13:25 »
Yeah. The fact that the reddit thread is floundering at 4-5 votes tells me that many folks do NOT understand the quality of these caps.

Could also be that they don't have enough mainstream appeal - maybe the teal won't be a hit among casual enthusiasts. No matter though, I think we can still hit MOQ  :thumb:
SP master race

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #325 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:16:52 »
no. it's because Cherry MX profile, ABS caps like these are inferior to DSA profile, PBT caps with centered legends..

good to see you sticking to your guns re: blue legends. here's hoping for the next great GMK gb!

Offline skcheng

• * Destiny Supporter
    • Tenafly Dentistry
« Reply #326 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:17:06 »
Voted! So anxious for this I can barely stand it! This will very likely be my first GMK set.

It WON'T be your last!!  Promise!!   

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #327 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:19:14 »
This will be so cool. Voted!

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #328 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 16:56:26 »
Voted. Don't like massdrop but Im fully behind supporting intelli. I think my IQ fell from reading some of those reddit comments though. 

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #329 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:07:38 »

Show Image

Show Image

Those look identical to me.  :p

But yeah, I was a little thrown off when the color pack for Dolch started showing up in pictures.  Hopefully this set will turn out looking very similar
to the originals.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #330 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:10:04 »
Bump! Loaner caps have been procured for color matching / product photos. Working with Massdrop now, will have more news soon. In the meantime let's show support and gauge some numbers by voting in this Massdrop poll:

https://www.massdrop.com/vote/triumph-adler-gmk-replica----cherry-mx-keycap-set-1?referer=KQJNA3#tab-voting

Final render:

Show Image

Blog hype train linked in Massdrop poll, channeling Elrick / IT crowd: http://www.keychatter.com/2015/02/19/triumph-adler-gmk-group-buy-vote-on-massdrop-for-your-chance-to-own-the-rarest-and-sexiest-cherry-mx-keycap-set-ever/

And the Reddit thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/2wgybt/triumph_adler_gmk_group_buy_vote_on_massdrop_for/

Voted, any chance of a 1u 0 for the numpad?
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #331 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:11:12 »
I can't believe how quickly this is going! :eek:
Maybe we could reach 200 votes by the end of the day!
I really do hope that we get those 500 orders. Let's hope that people realise GMK ABS is better than mostly all of the PBT crap that they buy.

Also, to answer to the questionable mockups from GMK:
Yes, they are ****e. Very ****e. Looks like they were using f.lux or something while they were making them. :p
However, since this is a replica set and the teal will match, the actual pictures of the original TA set should give people a far better representation of what we are looking at.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline intelli78

« Reply #332 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:11:12 »
A sexy keycap set for people who do sexy things. It’s about a bunch of big hard keycaps molded in rock hard doubleshot plastic. Thrusting onto your keyboard strongly. Again and again. Pounding onto your keyboard, making your keyboard beg for it. Your keyboard wants it and I want to give it to your keyboard. That’s what this is all about.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #333 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:11:54 »

Thanks for vote

0% chance :p sorry

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #334 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:14:09 »

Thanks for vote

I really do appreciate this attitude regarding this set.
Guys. We don't need unpopular keys that are used on uncommon boards.
You won't die from using a standardized layout. There is a reason why those layouts are standard.
This attitude is exactly why the numbers given to us for the price of this set were so surprisingly low.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #335 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:23:29 »

Thanks for vote

Ok, I'm buying it either way, I'll just use a blank. Thanks for the quick answer.  :))

You won't die from using a standardized layout. There is a reason why those layouts are standard.
This attitude is exactly why the numbers given to us for the price of this set were so surprisingly low.

Yo Bro I just asked because I'm using this on my Lightsaver which happens to have a 1u 0, no need to get mad. It was just a question.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:25:39 by Joey Quinn »
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
« Reply #336 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:40:24 »
Voted for Fisher-Price... I mean... Triumph Adler!  :thumb:
null

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #337 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:44:31 »

Yo Bro I just asked because I'm using this on my Lightsaver which happens to have a 1u 0, no need to get mad. It was just a question.
Sorry if you thought I was being on edge.
I'm cool with people who want these sorts of caps because I myself like less standard layouts like the "Happy" style layout. Split spacebars are also ballin even though they are one of the most non-standard things out there.
It's just that with this particular set, being a custom colour, it's nice that there were cutbacks.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 February 2015, 18:16:53 by FrostyToast »

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #338 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 17:50:18 »

Sorry if you thought I was being on edge.
I'm cool with people who want these sorts of caps because I myself like less standard layouts like the "Happy" style layout. Split spacebars are also ballin even though they are one of the most non-standard things out there.
It's just that with this particular set, being a custom colour, it's nice that there were cutbacks.

It's cool. Hell even if this set was useless to me I'd probably buy it because it is badass. Even now I'm trying to figure out if I can afford two to help meet MOQ.

Offline monotagary

• Keycaps > Rent
« Reply #339 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 18:15:03 »
Voted and I absolutely cannot express how much I want, no, how much I need, how much the COMMUNITY, needs these keys to be produced.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and here we are, on the cusp of making this a reality. Let's bring these keycaps into existence, and spread the greatness that will be GMK Triumph Adler.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #340 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 18:18:40 »
Voted and I absolutely cannot express how much I want, no, how much I need, how much the COMMUNITY, needs these keys to be produced.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and here we are, on the cusp of making this a reality. Let's bring these keycaps into existence, and spread the greatness that will be GMK Triumph Adler.

Agreed. This and GMK Hyperfuse need to be near me ASAP.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline intelli78

« Reply #341 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 18:19:58 »
189 votes  :eek:

Offline calvinhousecat

« Reply #342 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 18:21:48 »
Just placed my vote in. And you have my word that I'm for sure gonna buy this thing  ;D

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #343 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 18:24:27 »
You got Ripster's support in the Reddit thread. Sort of. Not sure if good or bad =p

Proud owner of a Filco Majestouch Cherry MX Blue Tenkeyless, KBT Race S, & Realforce 101

Offline hking0036

« Reply #344 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 18:32:59 »
I got the 200th vote! It looks great, shame I can't get on it though.
« Last Edit: Thu, 19 February 2015, 21:26:50 by hking0036 »
Realforce RF87UB 45g Uniform | Leopold FC660C w/ TMK | IBM Model M - 3/24/1997 | IBM Model F 122 - 11/25/1985 ANSI'd w/ TMK | IBM Model F XT in a box

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #345 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 18:39:23 »
You got Ripster's support in the Reddit thread. Sort of. Not sure if good or bad =p
momentous gbs like this one transcend petty drama :)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #346 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 18:47:16 »
200th vote! It looks great, shame I can't get on it though.

That was fast, the community really wants this set.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #347 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 18:48:53 »

This makes me happy.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #348 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 18:50:00 »

This makes me happy.

Same, I was crushed when we thought the MOQ would be crazy and the price would be insane.

Offline JinDesu

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #349 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 19:00:23 »
momentous gbs like this one transcend petty drama :)

Very well put!