Author Topic: Unpopular Keyboard Opinions  (Read 1262522 times)

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
Re: Unpopular Keyboard Opinions
« Reply #500 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 13:22:32 »
The 456 and 356 Korean keyboards are overhyped and overpriced.  $500 on a custom keyboard is already a **** ton of money, but spending $1k+ on a keyboard is just silly, even if you are making 6 figures or more a year.
who's spending more that $1k on a 456? or plenty of 356 for that matter

Someone apparently.  And I've seen people appraise some of those keyboards north of $1k in the price check thread.  It might have been due to color, but still.
I mean that's with a $140 set, cable, and case, and I still thought that price was pretty high.
IV KWK Info Thread & KBK Info Thread IV (out of date)

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #501 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 13:26:42 »
The 456 and 356 Korean keyboards are overhyped and overpriced.  $500 on a custom keyboard is already a **** ton of money, but spending $1k+ on a keyboard is just silly, even if you are making 6 figures or more a year.
who's spending more that $1k on a 456? or plenty of 356 for that matter

Someone apparently.  And I've seen people appraise some of those keyboards north of $1k in the price check thread.  It might have been due to color, but still.
I mean that's with a $140 set, cable, and case, and I still thought that price was pretty high.

I just have a hard time dropping more than $100 on a keyboard and $250 is probably my max.  The one I spent a ton on was my Kingsaver and that was because it was Alps.  Even that was hard to justify.  When I see people dropping $750+ on a keyboard, it makes me question their sanity.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #502 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 14:04:21 »
I believe most of you would disagree, but I think Hyperfuse and Miami keyset are really ugly...

Offline KnivesM

« Reply #503 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 14:12:54 »
I believe most of you would disagree, but I think Hyperfuse and Miami keyset are really ugly...
I like hyperfuse but I agree on Miami
[WTT] Bros | HWS | Nightcaps [WTTF] Bros | KBK/KWK | CC

LZ-FE                 Kpad           Poker II                   Leopold 980M          TGR Tris       TGR-Jane   
72g Vintage Blacks      Blacks            Blues                        Silent Pinks                Coming Soon™

Others
More
Leopold 750RT - Reds, Smart68 Coming Soon™, Steelseries 6Gv2 - Reds

Offline tbc

« Reply #504 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 14:20:45 »

miami for sure
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #505 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 14:34:31 »
+1

Old GBs: Gateron Switches (2015) | CF-LX R1 (2015) | CF-LX R2 (2017) | CF-LXXX (2017) | Gen.s Gem Caps (2015)

"Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary"

Offline Huxley2500

« Reply #506 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 20:43:34 »
Blue Cherry MX clicks soothes the soul.

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #507 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 20:50:48 »
damn straight

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #508 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 20:51:51 »

Like nails on a chalkboard to me.  Too damn shrill.

Offline tbc

« Reply #509 on: Sun, 29 March 2015, 21:09:45 »

#dattruth
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline Hiroyuki

« Reply #510 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 00:41:41 »

+1, I agree with you on this one...

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #511 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 17:44:15 »

I have a Miami set and would agree, ha.
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline FoC_Tow

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Brokehlicious
« Reply #512 on: Mon, 30 March 2015, 17:57:32 »

D=

I <3 both, but I can see how Miami might not fit everyones taste. =)

I have a Miami set and would agree, ha.

If you don't like your Miami set, I wouldn't mind buying one speedbumb! xD

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #513 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 02:37:17 »
imo, plate with holes for opening switches is ridiculous...   You are not going to change your switches as often as keycaps.  I think most people just stay with the same switches after they assembly the keyboard.  I really don't get the idea of plate with "holes"

Offline limitz

• "the old gods stir and will not let me sleep..."
« Reply #514 on: Wed, 01 April 2015, 07:17:18 »
imo, plate with holes for opening switches is ridiculous...   You are not going to change your switches as often as keycaps.  I think most people just stay with the same switches after they assembly the keyboard.  I really don't get the idea of plate with "holes"

What if you sell the keyboard and someone else wants a different switch? I've passed on a lot of keyboards in the classifieds b/c I don't feel like desoldering 80+ switches.

Also, it's plausible someone wants to change from a 62g ergo-Clear, to a 68g ergo-Clear. Notched cutouts make that a breeze.

In addition, perhaps several years down the line, you want to relube, notched cutouts make that much easier.

Having switch cutouts doesn't take anything away, but only adds more options.
« Last Edit: Wed, 01 April 2015, 07:19:00 by limitz »
Mmm... machined aluminum

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #515 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 21:00:20 »
[...] Model Ms [...] suck.

I know you've already explained this, but I still need to call you out for it.

>:D

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #516 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 21:23:29 »

Why do you care so much what other people think of Model M keyboards?

Good question.  Maybe I shouldn't.  Thanks.

To each their own.  Happy-happy joy-joy.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #517 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 21:25:31 »
Here's a shocker for most of you guys.

I prefer the feel of stock keycaps.

:D

So I've gone through IMSTO PBT, GMK ABS Double Shot ABS, Vortex Double Shot PBT, Vortex Grey PBT Blank (Similar to Poker stock PBT), and in the end I went back to stock thin ABS keycaps on my Filco (MX Red).

I was trying to find the perfect keycaps but in the end PBT is just too harsh for me.  I like how ABS absorbs a bit of the vibration and feels more "comfortable" to use.

Here is another unpopular opinion, I also like the feel of coated backlit keycaps LOLLLLL.

I like the feel of softer keycaps, if only this was more resistant to shine then it would've been perfect.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #518 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 21:26:18 »

Model Ms are the Cherry MY of the Buckling Spring world.  Sure, we call them mechanical, but they're still just mediocre to crappy feeling membrane boards in a fancy suit.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #519 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 21:26:25 »

So I've gone through IMSTO PBT, GMK ABS Double Shot ABS, Vortex Double Shot PBT, Vortex Grey PBT Blank (Similar to Poker stock PBT), and in the end I went back to stock thin ABS keycaps on my Filco (MX Red).

I was trying to find the perfect keycaps but in the end PBT is just too harsh for me.  I like how ABS absorbs a bit of the vibration and feels more "comfortable" to use.

Here is another unpopular opinion, I also like the feel of coated backlit keycaps LOLLLLL.

I like the feel of softer keycaps, if only this was more resistant to shine then it would've been perfect.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I guess this is good for you, though.  Much cheaper than the alternative.  :))

Model Ms are the Cherry MY of the Buckling Spring world.  Sure, we call them mechanical, but they're still just mediocre to crappy feeling membrane boards in a fancy suit.

I can agree with MX : F :: MY : M, but I cannot agree that MY ~ M.  M is still a wonderful typing experience, and the same cannot be said about MY.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 April 2015, 21:29:18 by HoffmanMyster »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #520 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 21:34:34 »
You just haven't tried the Black MY switches or new fresh out the box MY switches.  They feel like a linear version of Model Ms.  Both are disappointing, only one of them is overrated and the other is demonized.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #521 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 21:37:47 »
You just haven't tried the Black MY switches or new fresh out the box MY switches.  They feel like a linear version of Model Ms.  Both are disappointing, only one of them is overrated and the other is demonized.

I actually just received a Black MY board!   :-*

I still disagree.  But I'm also not a fan of linear switches, so for you to compare them to Model M does not compute in my brain.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #522 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 21:39:39 »

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I guess this is good for you, though.  Much cheaper than the alternative.  :))

lol but I only find this out after spending maybe around $500 on various keycaps.  :P

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #523 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 21:55:09 »
[Cherry MY] feel like a linear version of Model Ms.
This doesn’t make any sense.

If you picked 100 random people off the street, gave them a Model M and a Cherry MY board, not a single one would think they feel remotely similar.

In other words, you win the thread: this is a very unpopular opinion.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 April 2015, 21:57:48 by jacobolus »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #524 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 22:00:36 »
This doesn’t even make sense.

It makes perfect sense.  It feels like the dime a dozen spring over membrane typewriter keyboards that are basically a Model M without a hammer in their operation.  Since they are both spring over membrane (Model Ms just have a hammer), it is not unreasonable to say that it feels like a linear version of a Model M.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #525 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 22:01:13 »
I think using phantom with 1.25x bottom row ansi layout in filco stock case is ridiculous

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #526 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 22:11:15 »
This doesn’t even make sense.

It makes perfect sense.  It feels like the dime a dozen spring over membrane typewriter keyboards that are basically a Model M without a hammer in their operation.  Since they are both spring over membrane (Model Ms just have a hammer), it is not unreasonable to say that it feels like a linear version of a Model M.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL! 
Okay!  That's your unpopular opinion.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #527 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 22:13:44 »
I think using phantom with 1.25x bottom row ansi layout in filco stock case is ridiculous

But what if you have split backspace and reprogram other aspects of the board? 

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #528 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 23:15:53 »

I should be more clear, i mean exact same layout as a ansi filco.  I have seen that few time.  I feel that way because you can simply put a different controller in it  and reprogram the whole thing. of course, split backspace is cool  :p

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #529 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 23:27:20 »

I should be more clear, i mean exact same layout as a ansi filco.  I have seen that few time.  I feel that way because you can simply put a different controller in it  and reprogram the whole thing. of course, split backspace is cool  :p

I figured that's what you were getting at.  ;)  I agree, using the default layout is a bit strange.  :P 

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #530 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 02:42:11 »
LOL, what a funny topic. The forum's delightful bulleted-list feature was made for this.
  • Model M's are awesome, but paying 2–3x as much for a SSK? Because they're smaller and cuter or something? Okay, there's the rarity/collectability thing—but what if a sudden career change requires you to become an accountant? Then there you are, stuck with a goofy "embedded" numpad for which you paid all that extra dough. This could happen to any of us.
  • 60% keyboards are goofy for most people. But what if you're a coder who uses Vim or Emacs or another text editor that lets you do anything in the universe without moving your arms? In fact, I always assumed 60% were designed for those people, for whom any more % is a waste. If you're not one of these people, don't get a 60% and stop whining.
  • Gaming keyboards that look like Star Wars props. Maybe you should just get out more?
  • $200 keycaps with little robot faces? Hello? I can't help thinking of "The Emperor's New Clothes", remember that story? Sometimes people indulge in the goofiest things just to feel included. "Yeah, these guys think these little $200 robot-face keycaps are really cool, so they must be worth all that dough. After all, they're not just keycaps—they have little robot faces!" Sorry, but buying into random high-priced stuff just because other people are doing it is a sign of neediness, not individuality. A new Mercedes may be ridiculously overpriced—but unlike an artsy-craftsy un-ergonomic raised-surface keycap, your experience of using it will probably be an improvement. And it actually means something—it's a car.
  • Backlighting. So you're looking at your KB when you use it? You're not a touch typist then? This you want to advertise? Blank keys, now, that's impressive. You'd probably want to backlight those too, though.
  • The tattoos-all-over-your-body thing. Did you know that for most of the 19th and 20th centuries people like that were considered freaks, and other people paid to gape at them in circus sideshows because they were so horrendously odd? And that now, with so many people transforming themselves into human versions of 1980's airbrushed custom vans, it's not even odd anymore—so all you are is a common freak? What's next, people gluing little robot-face keycaps all over their bodies? (That's why this is keyboard-related, see... I'm prepared for anything.)
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 April 2015, 02:46:53 by ander »
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #531 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 02:45:31 »
LOL, what a funny topic. The forum's delightful bulleted-list feature was made for this.
  • Model M's are awesome, but paying 2–3x as much for a SSK? Because they're smaller and cuter or something? Okay, there's the rarity/collectability thing—but what if a sudden career change requires you to become an accountant? Then there you are, stuck with a goofy "embedded" numpad for which you paid all that extra dough. This could happen to any of us.
  • 60% keyboards are goofy for most people. But what if you're a coder who uses Vim or Emacs or another text editor that lets you do anything in the universe without moving your arms? In fact, I always assumed 60% were designed for those people, for whom any more % is a waste. If you're not one of these people, don't get a 60% and stop whining.
  • Gaming keyboards that look like Star Wars props. Maybe you should just get out more?
  • $200 keycaps with little robot faces? Hello? I can't help thinking of "The Emperor's New Clothes", remember that story? Sometimes people indulge in the goofiest things just to feel included. "Yeah, these guys think these little $200 robot-face keycaps are really cool, so they must be worth all that dough. After all, they're not just keycaps—they have little robot faces!" Sorry, but buying into random high-priced stuff just because other people are doing it is a sign of neediness, not individuality. A new Mercedes may be ridiculously overpriced—but unlike an artsy-craftsy un-ergonomic raised-surface keycap, your experience of using it will probably be an improvement. And it actually means something—it's a car.
  • Backlighting. So you're looking at your KB when you use it? You're not a touch typist then? This you want to advertise? Blank keys, now, that's impressive. You'd probably want to backlight those too, though.
  • The tattoos-all-over-your-body thing. Did you know that for most of the 19th and 20th centuries people like that were considered freaks, and other people paid to gape at them in circus sideshows because they were so horrendously odd? And that now, with so many people doing that to themselves, it's not even odd anymore—so all you are is a common freak? What's next, people festooning their bodies with little robot-face keycaps? (That's why this is keyboard-related.)
Sure some people might put caps on their board because other people are, but I know I do it to support the artist, because thats what it is, a work of art for your keyboard.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #532 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 04:35:01 »
I like dancers, too, but that doesn't mean I'm going to hire one to dance on my KB.

Well, okay, maybe if she's wearing a robot mask... That would make a big difference.  :?D
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #533 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 18:22:22 »
FC660M is the ONE TRUE LAYOUT!

Offline slaction

« Reply #534 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 21:50:10 »
Here we go.....

Most Artisan caps look like chewed gum and are horribly overrated IMO.

*runs and hides in back alley.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #535 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 22:03:19 »

That is pretty unpopular.  Right up there with love for 75% boards.  There's just so much wasted space.

Here we go.....

There are more than a few people who feel that way.  I still like them as accent pieces, but everyone feels differently about them.

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #536 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 23:43:01 »

I like it, but it is really hard to get sets that has the second left shift, and almost impossible to get the space bar with those strange stem positions. In the aesthetics side, the lack of symmetry may be annoying some times.

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #537 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 03:43:59 »

That is pretty unpopular.  Right up there with love for 75% boards.  There's just so much wasted space.

I like the little strip of whitespace on the side. I find it more relaxing and less oppressive to look at than something like a poker or v60 which I find like a "wall of keys." It's just a little detail that sets the whole thing off nicely.

Offline sypl

« Reply #538 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 13:14:09 »
Here we go.....

This is unpopular? Other than the holyoops ones, I would say they pretty much all look like ass. And who are these people paying for keys, which the better you are as a typist, the less you look at? Those skull ones are particularly awful.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #539 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 13:32:48 »
Other than the holyoops ones, I would say they pretty much all look like ass.

Mandolin creates some stunning artworks, but then they are so nice that you don't want to actually USE them.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #540 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 13:35:17 »
Here we go.....

This is unpopular? Other than the holyoops ones, I would say they pretty much all look like ass. And who are these people paying for keys, which the better you are as a typist, the less you look at? Those skull ones are particularly awful.
If I had a nickel for every time someone said they hated artisans...

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #541 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 13:37:43 »
Here we go.....

You'd have enough to win a Clack auction on eBay.

Offline Shroomster

« Reply #542 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 13:52:19 »
Here we go.....

You'd have enough to win a Clack auction on eBay.
Oh Christ, thanks for the giggles. Made my day. :)

Offline jamster

« Reply #543 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 00:32:28 »
I'm sure this is going to be an unpopular opinion:

I think that stock MX switches are only marginally nicer to type on than a decent quality membrane keyboard. This is based on owning two boards which came with with Clears and Blacks. Both were completely underwhelming. They are not bad, but they are not worth the premiums that mechanical boards usually cost (fortunately my second MX board was massively discounted, and I bought it for an unsual layout and ease of accessing the switch internals).

Mechanical boards can be nice- I've loved my several Model Ms and my Alps boards, but Cherry MX? Nice form factor and key cap options, but from a typing perspective I just don't get the hype.
« Last Edit: Mon, 06 April 2015, 00:40:29 by jamster »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #544 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 14:16:41 »
  • The tattoos-all-over-your-body thing. Did you know that for most of the 19th and 20th centuries people like that were considered freaks, and other people paid to gape at them in circus sideshows because they were so horrendously odd? And that now, with so many people transforming themselves into human versions of 1980's airbrushed custom vans, it's not even odd anymore—so all you are is a common freak? What's next, people gluing little robot-face keycaps all over their bodies? (That's why this is keyboard-related, see... I'm prepared for anything.)

> Thread for unpopular keyboard opinions

> Calls people freaks for something completely unrelated to keyboards

I know you're just a troll, but come on man.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #545 on: Mon, 06 April 2015, 14:59:46 »

*I simply dont like linear switches.
*I kind of like mx browns.
*I like building keyboards more than i like writing on them.
*Ive never felt the urge to get a artisan cap, and therfore i hate that the classifieds is filled with them :P, we should get a artisan marketplace.
*I love thick OEM PBT keycaps.

Probably more, but right now, i dont know if they are unpopular :)

Offline Barbastruzzolo

• No money to buy a Topre
« Reply #546 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 01:51:48 »
- For me the only correct way to cut, copy, paste with keyboard is RIGHT CTRL + [XCV]. So I don't get all this caps lock remapping thing...
- For the same reason i dislike all keyboards that don't have a right ctrl key (even if i own a Filco Minila in my collection).
- I disdain all keycap sellers that don't make ISO keycaps (especially with Italian legends).
- I don't like Windows keys and I think keyboards are better looking without them.
- I think kilohertz polling rate is useless.
- I think all "gaming" keyboards are ugly.
Filco FKBN88M/UKB2 || Cherry G80-3000LSCIT-2 || Cherry G80-3000 LPCEU-2 || Apple Extended Keyboard II (QZERTY) || Filco MINILA FFKB68MRL/UKB

Offline hwood34

• underwater squad
  • * Exalted Elder
  • #1 CL stan
    • Keyboard Illuminati
« Reply #547 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 06:43:45 »
- I think all "gaming" keyboards are ugly.
one of the most popular opinions around here :))

Offline Dihedral

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #548 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 07:19:46 »
- I disdain all keycap sellers that don't make ISO keycaps (especially with Italian legends).

Let's be realistic here - how many Italians are around here. Yes there are a few, but you've got to accept that you are in a very small minority. A keyset with an Italian legends add-on would sell 5 sets, tops. That is not worth it and will drive up the prices for everyone else.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #549 on: Tue, 07 April 2015, 07:23:05 »

Let's be realistic here - how many Italians are around here. Yes there are a few, but you've got to accept that you are in a very small minority. A keyset with an Italian legends add-on would sell 5 sets, tops. That is not worth it and will drive up the prices for everyone else.

The granite approach : big kit for international users, that can be split. Not sure if any set but Granite can pull this off though.
Azerty Propagandiste