Author Topic: [GB] Dawn Founders Edition Raffle | Closed  (Read 7979 times)

Offline crykn

[GB] Dawn Founders Edition Raffle | Closed
« on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 20:14:24 »
Dawn Founders Edition Raffle

I originally set out to design a premium 75% board, back when they weren't as commonly available as they are now, with an emphasis on the best possible typing experience and a minimal, symmetric aesthetic. I was surprised by the amount of interest that the board received after the initial interest check (https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=102293.0), and although it's been a little over 2 years since then, I'm excited to finally launch the Dawn Founders Edition. It took 3 rounds of prototyping to make the design as refined as possible, but I'm quite happy with the results. This couldn't have been done without the support of MyKeyboard, and others who have helped out along the way. Also, big thanks to riotonthebay/Keycult for sharing the details to implement the isolation mount system for this design.

The Founders Edition is being manufactured by Salvun, and I'm aware that the price is quite high, but rather than delay any further we decided to continue with the limited release. The plan is to offer a higher quantity and more affordable GB edition of this board in the near future; however, the plans are not yet finalized. I appreciate the support of those who decide to join, especially those who have been following it for the last 2 years!

Raffle Details

Vendor: MyKeyboard
Manufacturer: Salvun

Raffle Link: http://calendar.mykeyboard.eu/raffles/dawn-founders-edition/
Discord Link: https://finitedesign.io/discord

If you enter the raffle, you are committing to paying. If you win and do not pay, you be blacklisted from future raffles.

Start time: Friday, Oct 29th 6 PM EDT
End time: Saturday, Oct 30th 6 PM EDT
Estimated Delivery: April 2022

Quantity: 35 boards
Price: 625 EUR VAT excl
Estimated Shipping: 20-40 EUR depending on destination (DHL Express)

Included Kit:
  • Case: White or Gray (Cerakoted aluminum)
  • Layout: WK or WKL
  • Weight/Accent: Copper (sandblasted and clear coated)
  • Plate: Copper (sandblasted and clear coated)

Optional Extras:
  • Polycarbonate plate - 39 EUR VAT Excl
  • PCB - 37.2 EUR VAT Excl

Build Stream/Typing Tests
Poesjuh did a build stream of the second prototype and recorded typing tests with several types of switches.

Build Stream: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nRGZ9rPhw5s
Typing Tests:

Render Gallery
Rendered by thesiscamper

« Last Edit: Sat, 30 October 2021, 17:29:10 by crykn »

Offline Ustinj

Re: [GB] Dawn Founders Edition Raffle
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 26 October 2021, 21:51:40 »
Probably can't get in on this but wanted to say.. about time!

Offline kabocha

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 00:53:56 »
Congrats on the launch! Excited to see the board return.

Offline crykn

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 08:23:21 »
Probably can't get in on this but wanted to say.. about time!

About time indeed! It's only been a little over 2 years haha.

Congrats on the launch! Excited to see the board return.

Thanks! I'm very excited as well :)

Offline SoftKeys

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 09:29:40 »
It's finally here!

Offline krugerlive

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 27 October 2021, 19:07:17 »
Excited to finally close the long loop and enter this raffle.  The look amazing as they always have.  Congrats on bringing this to GB!

Offline Rew23

« Reply #6 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 14:42:07 »
Congrats on this making it to GB! Can't wait to enter the raffle for this finally.

Offline crykn

« Reply #7 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 18:40:46 »
Excited to finally close the long loop and enter this raffle.  The look amazing as they always have.  Congrats on bringing this to GB!

Congrats on this making it to GB! Can't wait to enter the raffle for this finally.

Thanks, I appreciate you guys!

Also, as a side note, I added the build stream and typing tests to the page.

Offline Coby

« Reply #8 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 19:16:50 »
 Lets goo can’t wait for the L.

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #9 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 19:43:00 »
This is probably the longest I’ve followed a board.  Good that it’s finally getting produced. The FE price is pretty steep so I’ll have to do some serious considering. Good luck to everyone interested!   I know they’ll be a ton of entries.  Beautiful board with a great manufacturer behind it. 

Offline Kokukenji

« Reply #10 on: Thu, 28 October 2021, 20:51:55 »
Just read about this. Good luck with the raffle to both your team and the folks that are going in for the attempt.

Offline crykn

« Reply #11 on: Fri, 29 October 2021, 15:22:26 »
Just read about this. Good luck with the raffle to both your team and the folks that are going in for the attempt.

Thanks!

This is probably the longest I’ve followed a board.  Good that it’s finally getting produced. The FE price is pretty steep so I’ll have to do some serious considering. Good luck to everyone interested!   I know they’ll be a ton of entries.  Beautiful board with a great manufacturer behind it. 

I totally understand that the price makes it difficult. I wish I shared your optimism that there will be a ton of entries :)), I've been concerned with the price being higher than I wanted. Thanks for following along, hopefully if you don't enter this time I will be able to offer it a more attractive price point soon!

On a relevant note, I updated the pricing for the kit and for the extras with the exact numbers in EUR, since MyKeyboard will be doing the invoicing. The kit is actually 625 EUR before shipping, which is closer to $720-725 USD rather than the initial number of $750. It's not much cheaper, but maybe it helps some.

Offline crykn

Currently live for the next 23 hours and 53 minutes!

Offline dangboy

• yes
Would there be any significant difference between FE and the cheaper gb version planned for a later release?

Offline crykn

Would there be any significant difference between FE and the cheaper gb version planned for a later release?

Current planned changes for the Standard Edition are brass (vs copper) weight and accent and anodized (vs Cerakote) finish. The main cost savings will likely come from the larger quantity. However, plans are not finalized so the details are tentative.