Author Topic: [IC] GMK Tea Witch (UPDATE) 2 base kits !  (Read 91742 times)

Offline diorite

Re: [IC] GMK Tea Witch (UPDATE) 2 base kits !
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 20 March 2023, 16:35:48 »
IC form needs updating for the current kit spread. The dark base is really nice but I think that it might be a better fit with latin alphas to maintain that clean look. I also just feel like having different alphas for separate sets is a bit indecisive. Either make latin or weeb alphas the default and then potentially offer alternative alpha kits. Of course there are already a lot of different kits so probably just need to commit one way or the other. And if we're going by the "its a weeb set" logic then why isn't the base kit weeb and the alternative dark colorway latin? To be clear I think I'd buy the dark set with either alphas, and if there were renders to compare I might actually prefer the sublegends but it seems an odd choice to have different alphas for the two different sets.

It's also seems nice on the one hand to be able to pick your accent kit or grab both but it feels like there is a clear optimal set for each. The green accents only really go with the dark base and the other accents would be a better default fit with the light base. Why not just drop the spacebars (I have a feeling no one is going to use the green spacebars anyway) and include the accents with their respective sets?

I think the kitting in general needs some work. Seems very counter intuitive to leave out accents in favor of alice and spacebar support. Like just make a spacebar kit (drop the green spacebars) and give us accents. I also think with this many different kits and options the numpad should be left off. I could be off base on some of this but I think many more people would prefer accents in the base kit than alice support or a numpad. Look at the kitting of honor for example. They didn't even have accents to worry about either and they just completely did away with numpad support and put the spacebars with the novelties to streamline the kitting and keep the cost low. Just my two cents. Beautiful colorway, just think it needs a bit more of a clear direction.
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 March 2023, 16:38:51 by diorite »

Offline tactilesbad

« Reply #151 on: Wed, 22 March 2023, 05:06:25 »
nice essay for a dead IC

Offline diorite

« Reply #152 on: Thu, 23 March 2023, 03:16:43 »
nice essay for a dead IC

I'd like to see the set made and provided constructive criticism toward that end. Thanks for your input.