Author Topic: New Taobao agent: taoboabee.com  (Read 12963 times)

Offline litster

• rare caps?! THAT'S A SMILIN
New Taobao agent: taoboabee.com
« on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 01:27:38 »
I just tried to buy a few things on taoboa.com.  Due to one reason or another, I was not able to get obook or "Michael" to find the items I want.  So I searched around and found taobaobee.com.  They have a pretty good website and they accept credit card payments to fund your taobao purchases.  They actually don't use paypal.  They will charge I think a 5% credit card fee.  But their commission is only 9%.  

I also was able to chat will a real person (Kelly Chow).  She actually on the spot found me a seller with the items in stock, in real time, and then created an order link for me to order.  While waiting for my credit card payment to clear (takes up to 24 hours) Kelly added Yuan credit to my account anyway so I could proceed with the order and they began the order process for me.  Granted I don't know if the purchase has been sucessful or not yet, their service has been very good so far.

Thought I would let you guys know of another taoboa agent.

Offline keyboardlover

• Hey Paul Walker, Click It or Ticket!
    • http://www.keyboardlover.com
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 12:53:58 »
Nice find...would be great if we had a wiki with a running list of taobao agents...

Offline litster

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 13:13:28 »
I found out more about the company.  They are a small, startup buying agent company.  They have a very nice web site.  They can create items on their own site and you can just buy from their site.  This would actually work very well for group buys because if you want to join the group buy, you just use your credit card to add money to you taobaobee account, and use that money to pay for taobao purchases in Yuan.  Their shipping seems to be cheaper because they only calculate the net weight of the item you want to ship, not including box and shipping peanuts.  

For example, if we want to do a group buy of the PLU 87 with MX Cherry Red, they can do the research to find the sellers with stock, set the price, and you just order it on their site.  Keycaps would work, too.  

Now I have to think of somerthing else to buy.

Offline HaveANiceDay

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 13:32:52 »
Hey, their logo reminds me of something...
Oh that's right! http://www.beemovie.com/
Filco Tenkeyless Brown with beige cherry doubleshots (home)
Realforce 86U (work)
Get you own Phantom NAO!

Offline litster

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 14:13:48 »
Kelly could be a dude, you know.  lolz!  Anyhow, the person was very polite, competent, and the English is very good.  Complete sentences even!  Unlike the other agents I have contacted before.

Offline baller1308

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 30 May 2011, 16:01:23 »
Seems like they have a team based in the US also, so that's a good thing time difference wise.
Noppoo Choc Mini [Browns]
HPE 87 [Browns]

Offline Haes

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 19:48:30 »
you can pay via paypal too...
Daily Driver: Filco Majestouch 2 (MX Blue) with Cherry ABS Doubleshots | Future Gaming Driver: Filco Majestouch 2 (MX Red) with Cherry ABS Doubleshots | Favorite Switches: Cherry MX Blue > Cherry MX Red  > Cherry MX Ergo Clears > Cherry MX Black > Cherry MX Brown | Interessting in: Topre Realforce , Noppoo Choc Mini & KBC Poker[/COLOR]

Offline litster

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 19:50:19 »

Offline litster

« Reply #8 on: Tue, 31 May 2011, 23:15:44 »
I still have a pending order with them that is not shipped to me yet.  So the full experience is still to be determined.  Kelly just told me that the item has been purchased and I see on the seller's page that a new transaction has just been posted.  

I asked taobaobee.com to put a few keyboard items on their site so people can just go there and buy them.  If you have items on taobao.com that you are interested, post the link here and I will pass on to them.

Just in case if anyone is wondering, I get no benefit out of helping them.  I just want to get a cheaper, reliable taobao agent for us (really me :) ) and I want them to stay in business.

Offline HaveANiceDay

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 01 June 2011, 08:41:19 »
Quote from: litster;353978
and I want them to stay in business.

Might be hard with the stolen logo. That is, if they use the logo somewhere outside China.
Filco Tenkeyless Brown with beige cherry doubleshots (home)
Realforce 86U (work)
Get you own Phantom NAO!

Offline litster

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 01 June 2011, 14:20:25 »
they added a few keyboard related items on their site, all from taobao sellers.  http://www.taobaobee.com/recommend.php?action=list&tid=39

Offline Zet

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 01 June 2011, 22:37:52 »
I'm definitively will give this a try on my next buying spree. I really want to get some new keycaps and keyboard.

Offline whocares1195

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 20:39:52 »
Quote from: litster;354268
they added a few keyboard related items on their site, all from taobao sellers.  http://www.taobaobee.com/recommend.php?action=list&tid=39

Have you received your keyboard yet?  I see you have the Filco TKL in white w/ Red switches coming in your sig I assume from TaoBaoBee.  Would you mind if I asked what your total is after everything is said and done?  I'm interested in the same keyboard but in the full 104 version.
Filco Majestouch-2 Linear R (Cherry MX Red)
Xarmor U9BL-S (Cherry MX Brown)
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (Cherry MX Blue)

Offline litster

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 07 June 2011, 21:50:35 »
I haven't received it yet, but it should be here by Friday or Saturday, I hope.  

I did 2 transfers with my credit card.  first one was $210 to purchase the keyboard.  Second was $59 for buying agent fee + shipping to the US.  So total was $269.  But the credit card transfer agent 95epay.com charges like 5% fee as well.  The actual credit card charge total was 217.72 + $61.21 = $278.93.

It is more expensive than buying the black version from Amazon (when it was still in stock) or buy from keyboardco.com.  But I am getting the white version with red switches, which is rare and is only sold officially in China.  Also geekhack member titmouse told me that when he inquired diatec.co.jp, diatec told him the next batch of Filco reds going to Amazon is 104 only and there will be no more TKL with red switches (probably for a while).  So I thought if I buy a red, may as well get the white version from China.  If you are getting the 104 version, you can wait for it come back in stock on Amazon, or get it through Taobaobee.com for the white version.

So far the service with taobaobee.com has been great.  I can always get a hold of them any time of the day.  And they check sellers and products for me very quickly via live chat on their site.

Hope this helps.

Offline whocares1195

« Reply #14 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 02:12:11 »
Quote from: litster;357076
I haven't received it yet, but it should be here by Friday or Saturday, I hope.  

I did 2 transfers with my credit card.  first one was $210 to purchase the keyboard.  Second was $59 for buying agent fee + shipping to the US.  So total was $269.  But the credit card transfer agent 95epay.com charges like 5% fee as well.  The actual credit card charge total was 217.72 + $61.21 = $278.93.

It is more expensive than buying the black version from Amazon (when it was still in stock) or buy from keyboardco.com.  But I am getting the white version with red switches, which is rare and is only sold officially in China.  Also geekhack member titmouse told me that when he inquired diatec.co.jp, diatec told him the next batch of Filco reds going to Amazon is 104 only and there will be no more TKL with red switches (probably for a while).  So I thought if I buy a red, may as well get the white version from China.  If you are getting the 104 version, you can wait for it come back in stock on Amazon, or get it through Taobaobee.com for the white version.

So far the service with taobaobee.com has been great.  I can always get a hold of them any time of the day.  And they check sellers and products for me very quickly via live chat on their site.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info.  I could wait for KeyboardCo to stock them again but I want the white version which I don't think they'll stock any time soon.

Offline litster

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 02:33:07 »
White 104 Filco with MX red could be hard to find.  From diatec.co.jp: http://www.diatec.co.jp/en/det.php?prod_c=747, the model number is FKBN104MR/EW2

The same seller whom taoboabee bought my white red has 104 white red as well for 1260 yuan: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10041059010

You can ask taobaobee via live chat to confirm the seller has it in stock before ordering.

Offline whocares1195

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 03:28:13 »
Thanks for the heads up!  I just checked the link for the keyboard item.  Is the 104 white mx red keyboard really 1260 yuan because the price says 1260 to 1420?  I'm assuming the varying prices are due to white or black and full or tenkeyless.  Regardless, I'll go chat with them and get the info.

Offline litster

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 08 June 2011, 03:34:12 »
That page is white 104 MX red only.  No black body option.  on that page there are 4 options, just the keyboard for 1260 yuan, or more with 47 keycaps, color keycaps, or 4 WASD keys.  Just tell Kelly you want the 1260 keyboard only option or whichever option you want.

Tell Kelly Lit sent you :-)

Mine just arrived at LA's custom.  Should be here by Friday.

Offline litster

It has arrived
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 09 June 2011, 19:03:38 »
The white Filco MX red has arrived.  It was very well packaged.  There is so much tape that no water could get through.  The keyboard was also fully wrapped in bubble wrap.  Shipping was super fast, even with a holiday on Monday in China (I was told).  Shipped on Saturday, recieved on Thursday.

Highly recommend taobaobee.com

[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 19005[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 19004[/ATTACH]
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 19003[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 19008[/ATTACH]
[ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 19007[/ATTACH] [ Attachment Invalid Or Does Not Exist ] 19006[/ATTACH]

Offline litster

« Reply #19 on: Thu, 09 June 2011, 19:11:10 »
I should do it at home with proper white balance and my 5D Mark II.  I need a white balance card like the one you have, Ripster.

I am super happy with how the red feel.  It is very light, about the same as the Realforce 86U, but without the topre fart resistance.  Good for my girly fingers and carpal tunnel wrists.

Offline canon.tk

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 09 June 2011, 19:27:34 »
Nice camera, but you shouldn't have said you had one of those, Ripster is a Canon hater.

Quote from: litster;358133
I should do it at home with proper white balance and my 5D Mark II.  I need a white balance card like the one you have, Ripster.

I am super happy with how the red feel.  It is very light, about the same as the Realforce 86U, but without the topre fart resistance.  Good for my girly fingers and carpal tunnel wrists.
Filco Majestouch 104 Cherry MX Black; Filco Majestouch 87 Ninja Cherry MX Brown; Filco Majestouch Indigo Blue 104 Cherry MX Brown; Filco Majestouch 2 104 Cherry MX Red; Leopold 87 Otaku Cherry MX Brown; Leopold 87 Cherry MX Brown; Razer Black Widow Ultimate

Offline litster

« Reply #21 on: Thu, 09 June 2011, 19:47:17 »
Quote from: canon.tk;358140
Nice camera, but you shouldn't have said you had one of those, Ripster is a Canon hater.

It's okay, we are here to hate Ducky and XArmor, not Canon vs. Nikon vs. Olympus vs. whatever else.  I do recognize Canon's focus system is not as good.  But I am stuck with its lenses.

Offline litster

Offline qtan5370

« Reply #23 on: Fri, 24 June 2011, 09:30:34 »
LOL, I know they are always there.

Well,  for Keyboard and relate items  you are welcome to ask me about that, I charge less. I am selling those in retail store in China, I have faster shipping and lower price without additional fee.

Later, I would take paypal or credit card, since I also have a store in U.S (partnership of the store)
Look for Keyboard? Check my offers. I have most major keyboard and some caps for you, if you don\'t see it there, ask me. I am Top rated seller on eBay now, and have retail store in China selling keyboard and other gaming staffs.

My eBay store http://stores.ebay.com/E-sports-Gaming-equipments?_rdc=1

My store(lower price than eBay): http://www.keyboardwow.com

Offline HaiiYaa

« Reply #24 on: Tue, 18 October 2011, 08:19:54 »
I'm REALLY annoyed with these guys. Its IMPOSSIBLE to get in contact with them if you cant call outside EU

I'm very close to making a dispute in paypal

Offline spolia optima

« Reply #25 on: Tue, 18 October 2011, 09:44:53 »
Thanks for this thread, guys! I was looking for a new agent all week!
keyboards!

Offline nar

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 18 October 2011, 10:34:45 »
I'd also recommend taobaobee.
Just recently got my Topre HE0100 from there.
Keyboards: Topre HE0100 | REALFORCE 103UB & 104UB-DK | FILCO Majestouch 2 Ai Cherry MX Blue | CHERRY G84-4101SPAUS

Offline HaiiYaa

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 19 October 2011, 08:16:34 »
Nice customer service

"The seller sent the item out to us, how can we deal with this? Are we going to pay it for you!!!? "

Offline captain

« Reply #28 on: Thu, 09 February 2012, 13:56:15 »
Quote from: litster;358156
It's okay, we are here to hate Ducky and XArmor, not Canon vs. Nikon vs. Olympus vs. whatever else.  I do recognize Canon's focus system is not as good.  But I am stuck with its lenses.

What?  Are you crazy?  Canon has superior lens technology!  Nikon refuses to abandon old tech, so has to h4x0r all their new lenses to work with old cameras.  I like that, but it makes for lesser lenses from a technology POV.  Anyone want to buy an FE, FM2, and a pile of old Nikon glass?  ;-P

How are people liking taoboabee.com these days?  I desperately need to get some THICK PBT keys.
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline wuBu

« Reply #29 on: Thu, 09 February 2012, 14:08:32 »
is it cheaper to get stuff from these agents?

Offline dawnguo

« Reply #30 on: Wed, 14 March 2012, 01:44:29 »
speaking of group buying on keyboards from taobao, here is a website dedicated on that http://www.wantrr.com , looking like a beta version, might be interesting to run a testing group buy on taobao....

Offline litster

« Reply #31 on: Wed, 14 March 2012, 11:14:40 »
Quote from: captain;510371
What?  Are you crazy?  Canon has superior lens technology!  Nikon refuses to abandon old tech, so has to h4x0r all their new lenses to work with old cameras.  I like that, but it makes for lesser lenses from a technology POV.  Anyone want to buy an FE, FM2, and a pile of old Nikon glass?  ;-P

How are people liking taoboabee.com these days?  I desperately need to get some THICK PBT keys.

Had no idea I was crazy back in June and was diagnosed in February by captain.  I did sound like a super noob back then.  

Offline litster

« Reply #32 on: Wed, 14 March 2012, 13:28:19 »

Definitely Taobaobee.  But I have not used them since I got my white Filco red through them.