Author Topic: Keyboard Options  (Read 1411 times)

Offline dieseldog49

Keyboard Options
« on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 12:25:17 »
Okay so I got my CM Storm Rapid a little over a week ago as it seemed the most reasonable option for trying out a Mech keyboard and I love it, I am sold on mech and MX Blues. But I have come to realize that I really cant live without a 10 key and I would really like a design with w wrist rest and backlighting if possible. So as of right now the only option I know of is a Ducky shine (Xarmor is not an option as from what I understand I would experience a serious downgrade in quality from my Rapid) I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing any options before I start budgeting for a shine. LMK what you think and thanks for reading!

Offline Kamikaze K

Keyboard Options
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 12:44:22 »
Uh oh... you just mentioned the "D" word... which is only closely followed behind by the "B" word. They don't like that variety of bird here as well as the notion of lit letters.... :spy:

As a proud owner of a Ducky Shine, I find it a great board with solid construction and great backlighting options (blindingly bright I might add if you go pass the 3rd brightness lvl).  It uses Cherry Stabilisers which many here consider inferior to the Costar Stabilisers.... I don't mind them one bit but I do prefer the crispness of the Costar's better.  Other options you might want to look into is the Deck series of boards which I hear is fantastic... Really want to grab one but if you're like me, it's very hard to get here in Australia.  Avoid the Mionix Zibal 60 due to premature keycap wear... Feedback from people having worn out caps a month into getting the board.

Good luck with your choices... Now just have to wait for the unavoidable fowl flaming in three.... two.... one....
« Last Edit: Tue, 06 March 2012, 12:51:44 by Kamikaze K »
FILCO Majestouch 2 Camouflage Tenkeyless [Black]
DUCKY DK9008 Shining [Blue]
CM STORM Quickfire Rapid [Red]
TOPRE REALFORCE 87U

Offline sth

• 2 girls 1 cuprubber
Keyboard Options
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 12:55:02 »
Have you thought about just getting a tenkey pad?
11:48 -!- SmallFry [~SmallFry@unaffiliated/smallfry] has quit [Ping timeout: 245 seconds] ... rest in peace

Offline dieseldog49

Keyboard Options
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 13:05:28 »
yeah but I dislike the idea of another corded device on my desk.

Offline Ahlitah

Keyboard Options
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 06 March 2012, 14:16:52 »
you can get a wireless numpad as well!

but except a bit of delay on keypress to screen. it that bothers you, then well.. don't get one! its a very slight delay but its noticeable.

Offline All The Fire

Keyboard Options
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 07 March 2012, 03:47:08 »
I personally would suggest a Mionix, great build, click on matte wrist rest, a backlight that isn't overpowering, and I've so far got no wear on the keys from a little over a month. Only problem being if you're set on blues the Mionix comes in black switches only.
« Last Edit: Wed, 07 March 2012, 03:53:24 by All The Fire »

Offline Kamikaze K

Keyboard Options
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 07 March 2012, 04:07:27 »
Quote from: All The Fire;537607
I personally would suggest a Mionix, great build, click on matte wrist rest, a backlight that isn't overpowering, and I've so far got no wear on the keys from a little over a month. Only problem being if you're set on blues the Mionix comes in black switches only.

Glad to know that your Mionix has worked out better than others I've seen!  Was very worrying to see pics and videos of the key wear that some people have experienced... It's a pity it only comes in Cherry Blacks.
FILCO Majestouch 2 Camouflage Tenkeyless [Black]
DUCKY DK9008 Shining [Blue]
CM STORM Quickfire Rapid [Red]
TOPRE REALFORCE 87U

Offline All The Fire

Keyboard Options
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 07 March 2012, 05:42:52 »
Yeah, maybe having heard of it and seeing the results has made me a bit wary of how I use the board. I always make sure to wash my hands before using, which I haven't always done with pevious boards and to limit how much my fingernails may scratch on the keys. Keeping a close watch on these keys. Then again I have heard that Mionix have claimed to fix the issue recently with the protective coating and will replace any worn sets, no worries.

Offline dieseldog49

Keyboard Options
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 14 March 2012, 16:47:18 »
One other thing, anyone know of a keyboard that fits my needs and has a L enter key?