Author Topic: Bro Caps Therapy  (Read 2694154 times)

Offline meow a cat

• Resistance is futile.
Re: Bro Caps Therapy
« Reply #6800 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 07:05:21 »
thx!
first gif of my life xD cost me 7 hours including takin the shots xD

Awesome gif! Best use for a k3 cap for sure.  :))

Boards:
Silver 84-key KMAC LE, 62g lubed & stickered ergo-clears, GON NerD PCB, polycarbonate plate,MX lock/Phosphorglow IBM Model M SSK 1391472/White HHKB Pro 2, Hasu controller/WKL Phantom, 50g vintage blacks, MX lock
Leeku G80-1800 (build in progress)

Offline atlas3686

• HHKB Elite
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Preacher at the church of Thorpe
« Reply #6801 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 07:15:11 »
hey!

i didnt win any of the bro sales i participated in... although those were "only" 3 sales it hurt... and so i came up with a conclusion. when i was very new in this mechanical keyboard religion back in february i had not the slightest clue about all those artisan keycaps and after a few days i saw a link on reddit for a sale of an awesome lookin red translucent keycap. instantly fallin in love with the design i ordered one. during the shipping period of nearly 3 weeks i got more familiar the mech scene and found out that the maker of the cap i bought actually copied the design for this cap and that i worshipped a false god. As this cap was my first artisan and i still loved the design it remained to be my Esc button replacement UNTIL TODAY...
in order to soothe brohova i sacrificed my firstborn!

made a gif of the whole ritual... but its big... sry

Show Image

Really enjoyed that gif, thanks  :thumb:

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6802 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 07:52:52 »
hey!

i didnt win any of the bro sales i participated in... although those were "only" 3 sales it hurt... and so i came up with a conclusion. when i was very new in this mechanical keyboard religion back in february i had not the slightest clue about all those artisan keycaps and after a few days i saw a link on reddit for a sale of an awesome lookin red translucent keycap. instantly fallin in love with the design i ordered one. during the shipping period of nearly 3 weeks i got more familiar the mech scene and found out that the maker of the cap i bought actually copied the design for this cap and that i worshipped a false god. As this cap was my first artisan and i still loved the design it remained to be my Esc button replacement UNTIL TODAY...

Show Image

Pretty good, the cap looks like it has a sad face when its all melted :p
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #6803 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 08:24:32 »
hey!

Show Image

I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #6804 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 09:00:40 »
hey!

Show Image

I saw the gif before reading your post and nearly had a heart attack 

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline btctopre

« Reply #6805 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 10:20:02 »
that's some quality KEYBOARD SCIENCE  :thumb:

Offline nathanrosspowell

• * Destiny Supporter
    • nathanrosspowell.com
« Reply #6806 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 13:06:41 »
hey!

Show Image

:thumb:

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #6807 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 14:23:39 »
hey!

Show Image

Show Image

+1  :))
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline sorijealut

• steam
« Reply #6808 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 14:40:22 »
hey!

Show Image

Good man... a real bro would withstand such puny heat and pressure :))

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6809 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 21:39:38 »
Not gonna lie. The suspense is seriously killing me.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6810 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 02:36:18 »
hey!

Show Image

Show Image

+1  :))

+2

Especially as it was a red translucent one!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #6811 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 03:09:20 »

For the next sale? I think it's safe to assume that it probably wont go live until people have started to get the dibs tickets Bunny has/is sending out, soon as you start seen pictures of people with those in the media section, that's when you can get excite

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #6812 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 03:16:37 »
Hoping for reapers in the next sale o-o
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #6813 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 03:36:39 »

This. And I'm going to be gone with no computer access for three weeks starting the 20th and the bro list on ctrl alt is NOT phone friendly, rearranging the order does not work. :(
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6814 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 04:38:11 »

This. And I'm going to be gone with no computer access for three weeks starting the 20th and the bro list on ctrl alt is NOT phone friendly, rearranging the order does not work. :(
Samesies can we petition for bro to not have it until July please :c
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
More

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6815 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 06:15:31 »
Hoping for reapers in the next sale o-o
same I'm really hoping to find my way to a v1 reaper ! Come to me la huesuda!!!!!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #6816 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 07:30:25 »

Absolutely not, I won't be back until the 11th and I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG.

same I'm really hoping to find my way to a v1 reaper ! Come to me la huesuda!!!!!

Back off, they're mine! I'll mud wrestle you for them. XD
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6817 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 08:07:34 »

Back off, they're mine! I'll mud wrestle you for them. XD

Is there even mud in California?

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6818 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 08:29:42 »

Yes you can, that way he has time to make even more :D
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6819 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 12:22:24 »

ಠ╭╮ಠ

Let's hope it's a bit earlier then!

For the next sale? I think it's safe to assume that it probably wont go live until people have started to get the dibs tickets Bunny has/is sending out, soon as you start seen pictures of people with those in the media section, that's when you can get excite

I know bae, I know.

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #6820 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 16:45:56 »
hey!

Show Image

Good one!
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Peddamann

« Reply #6821 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 18:05:36 »
;) thought about dipping it into liquid hydrogen and then shatter it with a hammer

...but i had no hammer

Offline KatzenKinder

• * Maker
« Reply #6822 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 18:23:27 »
Looks like I'm going to have to make some ritualistic sacrifices for this upcoming sale... last chance at reaper and bbv2  :eek:

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #6823 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 18:24:18 »
Looks like I'm going to have to make some ritualistic sacrifices for this upcoming sale... last chance at reaper and bbv2  :eek:

No sacrifices here, but I still really want a reaper for my collection. 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6824 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 18:29:35 »
;) thought about dipping it into liquid hydrogen and then shatter it with a hammer

...but i had no hammer

How can you not have a hammer :|

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #6825 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 18:37:30 »
Damn the hype is real! Looking forward to all the sweetness bro has for us. :D

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6826 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 18:40:19 »
Man I just saw that new announcement. Luckily I have managed to acquire a V2 and Reaper before this day. Probably never letting them go now, forever staying on my board!

I'm assuming this also means a preview of a V3? I'm just guessing.

Either way, I was already hyped, now my brain is positively exploding with excitement.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6827 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 18:44:01 »
;-; I just hope he sets a date that why I know when I need to find internet access whilst on hols please bro set a date before the 18th ;-;
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6828 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 18:46:43 »
;-; I just hope he sets a date that why I know when I need to find internet access whilst on hols please bro set a date before the 18th ;-;

Well if you don't find out before you leave, I'm sure you can at least check a couple threads daily to see if there has been announcement right? After that, considering this is a raffle sale, you'll have 24 hours to enter.

Just trying to stay positive for you lol.

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6829 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 18:53:32 »

Well if you don't find out before you leave, I'm sure you can at least check a couple threads daily to see if there has been announcement right? After that, considering this is a raffle sale, you'll have 24 hours to enter.

Just trying to stay positive for you lol.
;-; I won't have internet access without going to like a bar just to check ;-;
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
More

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #6830 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 18:54:56 »
Man I just saw that new announcement. Luckily I have managed to acquire a V2 and Reaper before this day. Probably never letting them go now, forever staying on my board!

Either way, I was already hyped, now my brain is positively exploding with excitement.

Yeah, it's sad.  I prefer the more simple V1 Reaper to the V2.  I am interested to see what the V3 Bot is though.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6831 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 19:00:36 »

Yeah, it's sad.  I prefer the more simple V1 Reaper to the V2.  I am interested to see what the V3 Bot is though.

Yea just from the preview, I prefer the simplicity of the V1 as well. However, we've yet to see the V2 in any other color, so it may look better. Very interested in the V3, considering the V2 was such a success.

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #6832 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 19:02:57 »

Yea just from the preview, I prefer the simplicity of the V1 as well. However, we've yet to see the V2 in any other color, so it may look better. Very interested in the V3, considering the V2 was such a success.
Have to agree as well. The thing that really draws me in to the brobot v2 (and clacks really) is the simplicity and clean lines.

But might as well board the hype train for v3  ;D
RETIRED

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #6833 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 19:05:20 »

Have to agree as well. The thing that really draws me in to the brobot v2 (and clacks really) is the simplicity and clean lines.

+1
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6834 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 19:05:59 »
Bro, my body is ready!  What do I have to do to get in this sale?  Sacrifice a lizard?  Drink a full mug of Nescafé?  I neeeeed this. Yeeeeeee!
I'm back.

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #6835 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 19:36:32 »
Does this mean Coke and Heavy Metal BBv2's are going to make an appearance?

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #6836 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 19:46:30 »
This is going to be the best sale ever if the heavy metal BBv2's make it in..

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #6837 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 19:49:42 »

GH Theme too hopefully!

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #6838 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 20:06:44 »

Same.  I really hope this shows up though:
103096-0
Sorry to whomever this photo belongs to for absolutely raping it in mspaint (I just googled a quick image). 
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline Xowie

• On Sabbatical
« Reply #6839 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 20:07:04 »
This is going to be the best sale ever if the heavy metal BBv2's make it in..
Heavy metal v2 might be done, there are a couple of them out in the wild now.
RETIRED

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #6840 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 20:10:45 »

(Attachment Link)
Sorry to whomever this photo belongs to for absolutely raping it in mspaint (I just googled a quick image).

HOW COULD YOU! YOU MONSTER!

Jk. I would love to see that in the sale.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #6841 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 20:13:04 »

(Attachment Link)
it might have been rape but It was beautiful rape . I would sell my ovaries for a Miami reaper or noxious ,dark noxious,pharoh reaper,blackout reaper, bloodpact screw it just about any v1 reaper rofl :eek:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6842 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 20:49:42 »

(Attachment Link)
it might have been rape but It was beautiful rape . I would sell my ovaries for a Miami reaper or noxious ,dark noxious,pharoh reaper,blackout reaper, bloodpact screw it just about any v1 reaper rofl :eek:

Ovaries? YGPM.
I'm back.

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #6843 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 20:50:07 »

(Attachment Link)

10/10 would buy
I'm back.

Offline Muffin860

« Reply #6844 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 20:58:49 »
This will also be the last release of Brobots V2, per Bro. My last chance to get my first bro cap!   :-[
IBM Model M

Offline Seranite

• Doesn't know what's going on.
« Reply #6845 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 21:19:05 »
This will also be the last release of Brobots V2, per Bro. My last chance to get my first bro cap!   :-[

Don't worry, Bud. There's probably gonna be V3s!

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #6846 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 22:02:30 »

Don't worry, Bud. There's probably gonna be V3s!

but if it's as different from a V2 as a V1 was, it's essentially a new cap.  the heat is on!

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #6847 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 22:03:56 »

+1

+2

I agree also,  and I've gotten so attached to V2 Bots that it's going to be super sad to see them go.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #6848 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 22:06:28 »

(Attachment Link)

Ovaries? YGPM.
I've always wanted ovaries on my mantle, it would really liven up the room.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #6849 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 22:11:02 »

(Attachment Link)

Ovaries? YGPM.
I've always wanted ovaries on my mantle, it would really liven up the room.

You shall henceforth be known as Buffalo Air Tree