Author Topic: [GB] GMK Hanami Dango | GB CLOSED | Final Numbers Updated  (Read 102775 times)

Offline mustardgreens

Re: [GB] GMK Hanami Dango | GB CLOSED | Final Numbers Updated
« Reply #100 on: Sun, 09 October 2022, 09:31:49 »
I just received the base set.

Where is the numpad?

Offline ph4nt0m

« Reply #101 on: Sun, 09 October 2022, 11:02:59 »
Where is the numpad?
Look out for a second layer underneath the top one.

Offline mustardgreens

« Reply #102 on: Sun, 09 October 2022, 14:33:34 »
Wow I’m dumb.

Thank you ph4nt0m!

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #103 on: Fri, 14 October 2022, 16:30:59 »
I'm confused, wasn't this supposed to match the three RAL colors in OP?

Offline fwoggit

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 14 October 2022, 22:54:55 »
lol

Offline NoteMakoti

« Reply #105 on: Sat, 15 October 2022, 14:15:55 »
lol

Oh damn, lmao. I'll take the L, this is an amateur hobby after all. A little more color sense would have helped (Keeping "warm colors" and "pastels" in mind would have helped with the color matching.) but that comes with experience.

If anything, this just makes me more grateful for GBs like the original Gentleman65 (IYDK it was designed by a middle schooler, and it ended up being one of my favorite builds.)

Offline shansoft

« Reply #106 on: Sat, 15 October 2022, 19:55:04 »
Set's arrived from MyKB! Actually is as beautiful as I expected.

(Attachment Link)

terrible colour matching.

It's one picture taken on someone's desk in unknown lighting, I'd wait for more customer pictures to come in before starting the whole "color matching bad" dance.
Show Image

off mykeyboard, not even close.

If this is truly the actual color, I am definitely going for a refund. That is far off from the render and the RAL color...... It looks like GMK Camping instead.......

Offline stevits

« Reply #107 on: Mon, 17 October 2022, 00:05:56 »
The flaw here is the custom of the community making group buy decisions based on renders only.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me like 35 times, it's probably my fault by now.  Real color samples should already be in hand when the GB starts.

Offline shansoft

« Reply #108 on: Mon, 17 October 2022, 01:20:18 »
The flaw here is the custom of the community making group buy decisions based on renders only.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me like 35 times, it's probably my fault by now.  Real color samples should already be in hand when the GB starts.

I bought it because RAL color is provided. It match with render just fine. The problem is, the keycap samples were never reveal on GH thread....
Therefore no one could possibly correct it before production start.

Offline andromache

« Reply #109 on: Mon, 17 October 2022, 10:14:41 »

I bought it because RAL color is provided. It match with render just fine. The problem is, the keycap samples were never reveal on GH thread....

Keep in mind that a digital RAL color provided on screen (like the designer did in their GB post) isn't necessarily at all accurate. RAL and Pantone swatches can look very different in person, and a designer should be matching their renders to the physical swatch, not the digital representation of the color swatch.

Offline shansoft

« Reply #110 on: Mon, 17 October 2022, 16:35:44 »

Keep in mind that a digital RAL color provided on screen (like the designer did in their GB post) isn't necessarily at all accurate. RAL and Pantone swatches can look very different in person, and a designer should be matching their renders to the physical swatch, not the digital representation of the color swatch.

My monitor is fully calibrated for design work. I know what I am looking at....

Also, those color chips should match close enough without too far off from samples.
I have bought at least 30 different sets of GMK, and this is one of the only sets I have received with such issue. (Aside from Mizu, but that turns out better than render)

For those who are disappointed with this set, GMK Dandy with alternative base set is closer to the color chips provided than this set. It's an option for those who still looking for similar color scheme.

Offline andromache

« Reply #111 on: Mon, 17 October 2022, 18:49:58 »

My monitor is fully calibrated for design work. I know what I am looking at....

Also, those color chips should match close enough without too far off from samples.
I have bought at least 30 different sets of GMK, and this is one of the only sets I have received with such issue. (Aside from Mizu, but that turns out better than render)

For those who are disappointed with this set, GMK Dandy with alternative base set is closer to the color chips provided than this set. It's an option for those who still looking for similar color scheme.

Well the real life RALs look a lot different from the digital version provided by the designer in the initial post..... And it looks like the keycaps match the physical RALs, based on the pic the designer shared in their server when they received samples. It doesn't matter how calibrated your monitor is if the RALs the designer picked look nothing like the renders.

Offline johntron25

« Reply #112 on: Tue, 18 October 2022, 13:07:47 »
18 and stupid is not a valid excuse...

Offline chaucer

« Reply #113 on: Tue, 18 October 2022, 19:56:52 »
These colors look good

Offline chaucer

« Reply #114 on: Tue, 18 October 2022, 19:57:41 »
These colors look good

Offline hama1311

« Reply #115 on: Mon, 24 October 2022, 09:02:09 »
I purchased this from Daily Clack. They have not shipped yet.
I do not like the color, I am not a fan of the color. Should I cancel it?

Offline ManoliVisuals

« Reply #116 on: Fri, 02 December 2022, 14:31:22 »
I mean this is just incorrect...

Offline Ranker2

« Reply #117 on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 18:07:36 »
So look like I have two sets of GMK Watermelon now

Offline shansoft

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 04 December 2022, 18:42:53 »

After the first few who reported the problem, I immediately request a refund from Kono....

The colors are way off... Better off buying GMK Dandy base kit with alternative base together to get the same color scheme.

Offline aymeezus

« Reply #119 on: Mon, 05 December 2022, 17:33:16 »
Honestly this was my first group buy experience ever.....I definitely learned my lesson.  Bummer.  Next time I'll go with a designer with rep and good communication. 

Offline NoteMakoti

« Reply #120 on: Tue, 13 December 2022, 20:58:14 »
To be honest, I really love it. It works with my Green OwLab Spring.

Offline jokai

« Reply #121 on: Tue, 03 January 2023, 22:46:12 »
Well the real life RALs look a lot different from the digital version provided by the designer in the initial post..... And it looks like the keycaps match the physical RALs, based on the pic the designer shared in their server when they received samples. It doesn't matter how calibrated your monitor is if the RALs the designer picked look nothing like the renders.
Show Image

Facts. I've never even looked at RAL colors before, and it's obvious the designer completely picked the wrong ones. They should've asked others IRL for their opinion/feedback.

It should've been RAL3014, you can see this color peaking out on the right side. RAL3017 is completely wrong because it's a red when dango is pink. The green is a little harder. RAL6011 looks pretty close online, but the color samples don't match. I'm thinking RAL6021 would look the closest.

Offline WXYaa

« Reply #122 on: Mon, 09 January 2023, 16:07:03 »

After the first few who reported the problem, I immediately request a refund from Kono....

The colors are way off... Better off buying GMK Dandy base kit with alternative base together to get the same color scheme.

Did Kono ever respond?

Offline shansoft

« Reply #123 on: Wed, 11 January 2023, 22:58:06 »

Did Kono ever respond?

Kono doesn't care, just full refund.

Offline lilik

« Reply #124 on: Mon, 17 July 2023, 18:03:20 »
I know I'm way late now but only picked up this set recently to use with my jris65. My question is....why the f is the novelty spacebar 6u and not 6.25? I bought it assuming 6.25 and now i cant even use it.

Offline involuntarysoul

« Reply #125 on: Fri, 21 July 2023, 21:14:33 »
I know I'm way late now but only picked up this set recently to use with my jris65. My question is....why the f is the novelty spacebar 6u and not 6.25? I bought it assuming 6.25 and now i cant even use it.

get rid of that normie 6.25, 7u is the way