Author Topic: hello  (Read 1157 times)

Offline vaporishfox

hello
« on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 19:30:12 »
hi all. i'm new to mechanical keyboards. I recently bought a razer blackwidow ultimate (with the knockoff switches) and decided to return it for something quieter and with actual cherry switches. I'm looking at the QFR but I figured I'd sign up here to be more informed. Wish me luck as I try again!

Offline epzy

• HHKB Fiend
  • ded
Re: hello
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 19:32:57 »
Welcome, and good luck! The QFR is a very good starter board.
FaceW ~ Duck Viper ~ Kishsaver ~ HHKB Pro 2 Cherry G81-3000SAU ~ Filco Majestouch 2 ~ GON NS NerD 60 HHKB ~ 360 Corsa (jk skam) ~ KMAC Happy (jk skam) ~ JD40 (jk skam)

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 19:33:23 »
Hello and Welcome!
I think you'll really like the QFR, it comes highly recommended around here!
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline esoomenona

• Gnillort?
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 19:39:05 »
Why are you wanting something with Cherry switches, and not the ones that were in the BWU? I understand you're thinking something quieter, but was there a reason you decided you didn't want those switches as opposed to ones made by Cherry?

Anywho, welcome to geekhack. Enjoy your stay.

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 25 May 2014, 19:41:03 »
Many people are fans of the QFR here, but if you want something a little different, the CM Novatouch may be released in the not too distant future. The Topre switches are highly regarded here.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline vaporishfox

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 26 May 2014, 19:53:47 »
Why are you wanting something with Cherry switches, and not the ones that were in the BWU? I understand you're thinking something quieter, but was there a reason you decided you didn't want those switches as opposed to ones made by Cherry?

Anywho, welcome to geekhack. Enjoy your stay.

hey esoomenona. When I got the BWU I had assumed it was made with cherry switches and was pretty disappointed when I found out it's not. Then I did some research and discovered Razer keyboards don't have a very good reputation and were likely to be less durable. The fact that it was so much more expensive left a bad taste in my mouth after that, so I just decided to return it.

Also, not related to the switches but I decided a tenkeyless would be more my style anyway.